Why is it scummy to ask about someone's reason for voting you?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Why is it scummy to ask about someone's reason for voting you?

Any time I'm in a game and someone votes without elaborating I ask them to elaborate, regardless of who they're voting.

I've been voted/scumread quite a few times without any elaboration and when I ask why somehow that makes me scummy. It happens regardless of my alignment. It's not just here, either, it's happened in video mafia, too.

Why? I don't get it.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

2. ISO #2

Re: Why is it scummy to ask about someone's reason for voting you?

That 1st paragraph seems out of place in regards to the title and the rest of the post.

But anyway, the answer is: Focus on Self Preservation.
    Depending on the context, it could be also paired with Lack of Scum Hunting and Hyperawareness of others' perception of you - which are all scumtells that are one of the first that everyone learns.

If it happens more often to you regardless of your alignment, I recommend you start proving that it always happens to you and isn't scum indicative of you. Appeal to Personal Meta.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Official townsfolk here. This is my rolecard:

Coke Dealer

Every night you can target someone to drug. They will sleep (unable to post) through the first half of the next day phase.
    Now, anyone not being serious or acting stupid I will shut them the fuck up.
    Apart from the first half of the first day, spanktalk away.

First half shall be discussing the competition of best AvaTar.

9. ISO #9

Okay, so this is NOT the game thread for ?Krc.

Just FYI, its here.

Please don't post more in here with anonymous accounts involved in the game or I will log in to delete those posts.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Any time I'm in a game and someone votes without elaborating I ask them to elaborate, regardless of who they're voting.

I've been voted/scumread quite a few times without any elaboration and when I ask why somehow that makes me scummy. It happens regardless of my alignment. It's not just here, either, it's happened in video mafia, too.

Why? I don't get it.
    Happens to me sometimes too, but usually, bringing attention up to it solves the issue and makes the unexplained push (and its authors) look bad. Perhaps it's your tone that somehow "looks scummy" to people. I can't really think of anything else, because it definetly isn't scummy if you have been actively participating in discussion that was not related to defending yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Okay, so this is NOT the game thread for ?Krc.

Just FYI, its here.

Please don't post more in here with anonymous accounts involved in the game or I will log in to delete those posts.
    AHAHHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    AHAHHAHAHA
    https://media.tenor.co/videos/3843ac...7c9ee3b1d1/mp4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :