Mafia Caravan
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Mafia Caravan

1. ISO #1

Talking Mafia Caravan

Mafia Caravan

The Mafia Caravan is a delegation that goes to sites that do not have an established FM community to introduce their members to the game, to give them a fun and welcoming experience, to make new friends, and potentially to invite them to come to our Mafia-specialized site if they wish to try it out. You may /sign in this thread to participate in the adventure; if you know of a community that could be interested, feel free to share the link! The setup will be related to the site's theme if possible; FM staff will ultimately pick it, but suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Requirements to participate:

- Have no serious criminal record in FM, and no belligerence infractions in the last year
    - Be willing to be nice and ideally somewhat helpful; there will be a lot of new players

If you would like to play the game on the other site, you must have played at least 3 games on Sc2 Mafia this year (2020).

If you would like to host the game(s) on the other site, you must have hosted at least 3 games on Sc2 Mafia. Try to suggest setups that are not too complicated and that are well-balanced (a lot of players will be new).

Visited community:

Setup:

Host:

Signs:

1. Helz
    2. Stealthbomber16
    3. Marshmallow Marshall

Also, I am legally obligated to say that if something is not OK here, it also isn't OK when playing a game we are hosting off-site. Let's have a clean and fun run
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; February 7th, 2021 at 04:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

Re: Mafia Caravan

Credits to @SuperJack for the suggestion
    which he now has to participate in
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

3. ISO #3

I can't imagine how you could just go in and "try out this game!" without getting ignored or straight up banned.
    Good luck trying though.

Also, I feel like most communities these days are on Reddit - and posts that don't belong are never tolerated on any subreddit
    But maybe I just have that impression because I mostly visit gaming communities only.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I can't imagine how you could just go in and "try out this game!" without getting ignored or straight up banned.
    Good luck trying though.

Also, I feel like most communities these days are on Reddit - and posts that don't belong are never tolerated on any subreddit
    But maybe I just have that impression because I mostly visit gaming communities only.
    Idea is to craft a FM game that matches the flavour of the community the Caravan visits.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

5. ISO #5

Good luck trying though.

Um, proposing a game on a forum that's made to have fun shouldn't get you banned. Plus, if the forum is about zombies, the idea is to make/take a setup about zombies, not about My Little Pony, so it's not off-topic :P even if it were, you wouldn't get banned for it lol

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Idea is to craft a FM game that matches the flavour of the community the Caravan visits.
    Ohh, that's a cool idea.

So, above all, you's need setup creators who are good with themes and lores. You guys probably know best who those are.

If you pick communities with already existing lore, I'm thinking you guys can go the extra miles and make a relevant story by learning said lore. Like Elder Scrolls or World of Warcraft or Doctor Who or Harry Potter.
    Perhaps even better to ask one of their members to help out? Collab before even the first game.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Ohh, that's a cool idea.

So, above all, you's need setup creators who are good with themes and lores. You guys probably know best who those are.

If you pick communities with already existing lore, I'm thinking you guys can go the extra miles and make a relevant story by learning said lore. Like Elder Scrolls or World of Warcraft or Doctor Who or Harry Potter.
    Perhaps even better to ask one of their members to help out? Collab before even the first game.
    Sure, if people are interested, the lore could absolutely be improved per the players' request pre-game.

12. ISO #12

How can anyone play at pretty much any other mafia site without getting a migraine instantly? They're all so fucking ugly
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    How can anyone play at pretty much any other mafia site without getting a migraine instantly? They're all so fucking ugly
    Right?? Light themes are so horrible lol. MU and MS have decent dark ones though, and so do most civilized modern forums ;).

14. ISO #14

I guess I'll start the community suggesting myself.
    https://www.vgr.com/forum/ Those folks look nice, and since the forum is about games, chances are they like games lol. It's a relatively small community, too, and they have a section for forum games that never saw a game of Mafia.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Considering the overwhelming activity in here, BUMP

Come on, it's going to be fun lol. Here's a setup suggestion if we do go play on a gaming forum:

This, but replacing the rolecard names with gaming themed ones.

Angry Troll (Mafioso)
    Angry DDoS Master (Consort)

Community Manager (Sheriff)
    Technical Support (Doctor)
    Honest Player x5 (Citizen)

17. ISO #17

A funny thought (because of the theme) would be to clean up and finish Arsonist's DDoS Attack setup and present it to some White Hackers community.
    Though, I'm not sure how fun a cult setup would be really. And I presume such communities would be on the Deep Web (too lazy to Google ngl).

But theme wise, that's a funny thought.

18. ISO #18

A funny thought (because of the theme) would be to clean up and finish Arsonist's DDoS Attack setup and present it to some White Hackers community.
    Though, I'm not sure how fun a cult setup would be really. And I presume such communities would be on the Deep Web (too lazy to Google ngl).

But theme wise, that's a funny thought.
    This color is amazing. If I were that kind of guy, I'd say it is epic.

And let's not try to get hacked, eh? If you have ideas to further develop that lore, though, it'd be great!

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

You meant Setup?
    Sure, but I truly meant lore too. It's a fun theme, and you seemed to have ideas, hence why I said that.

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Seeing the overwhelming amount of interest, I'm gonna call this dead for now. If you don't want it to die, speak up! I'd gladly bring this to completion. In fact, I might do it alone if noone is interested.

Feel free to resurrect/steal the idea

23. ISO #23

If you ever make this happen, just a quick idea for the future: https://knowyourmeme.com/ - the lack of meme usage in the world of FM is disturbing me deeply. They would make the FM world a brighter place.

Fun fact. They, of all things, have a "Serious Debate" forum. I mean it's underwhelming, at least compared to our own imo, buy still like wtF?

24. ISO #24

If you ever make this happen, just a quick idea for the future: https://knowyourmeme.com/ - the lack of meme usage in the world of FM is disturbing me deeply. They would make the FM world a brighter place.

Fun fact. They, of all things, have a "Serious Debate" forum. I mean it's underwhelming, at least compared to our own imo, buy still like wtF?
    Oh no, the meme onslaught... May the Lord Jehovah preserve us.

We're pretty advanced in our debate section, indeed. I don't know about their debate section, but I know it can safely be stated that ours is mroe developed than most. That's probably because we're all weirdos and don't even try to hide it, unlike literally anywhere else lol.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Seeing how a relatively high amount of people said "oh no", "why u letting this die" and the like, I am concluding this is the time to go, and now y'all have to participate!

Oh how could you let this die.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Credits to @SuperJack for the suggestion
    which he now has to participate in
    GET TO WORK, SLAVE! I'm doing my part rn and making my brain work to generate a fun and reasonable setup.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; February 5th, 2021 at 07:35 PM.

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

If I had the Time and Money to give to the project I would. Best I can offer is to re-evaluate my position in the summer. I need to focus on family and career development. So I can't dedicate anytime to serious responsibilities.
    Then how DARE you call me out on letting it die, you vile English bastard!
    I get it tho

30. ISO #30

I would be interested in this

Also may be a good idea to play on random sites that already play mafia. Would create an experienced player draw.

On a side note this is also a process people use to 'game' the MU champ nominations. They bring mafia into existing sites so they can have more people in the championship

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I would be interested in this

Also may be a good idea to play on random sites that already play mafia. Would create an experienced player draw.

On a side note this is also a process people use to 'game' the MU champ nominations. They bring mafia into existing sites so they can have more people in the championship
    Yay! I'm assuming you mean as a player and signing you up as such.

We already do this on Mafia sites, but as friend groups instead of site-wide things. Could be a good idea to do it as a side-wide thing too.

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33