Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

Re: Winter 2020-21 ?Krc (S-FM 319)

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Spain Land View Post
    revealing all roles is a bad idea.. do not claim your role.. keep it hidden.. scum want to know town roles..
    Well it depends.
    Depends on the role you have.
    Sometimes it can help and sometimes it could hurt.
    Just know the role you have a play it the best possible way.

4. ISO #54

revealing all roles is a bad idea.. do not claim your role.. keep it hidden.. scum want to know town roles..
    How does one know what the scum really want?
    -vote S-FM Spain Land

Saying, with certainly to know what the scum want.

Congratulations on being the first slot to be voted with a valid and explained reason to match.

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM FirstDimensionalLife View Post
    How does one know what the scum really want?
    -vote S-FM Spain Land

Saying, with certainly to know what the scum want.

Congratulations on being the first slot to be voted with a valid and explained reason to match.
    Aka (For those who can't read between the lines, Spain knows what scum wants because they are scum)

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Sauron View Post
    Well it depends.
    Depends on the role you have.
    Sometimes it can help and sometimes it could hurt.
    Just know the role you have a play it the best possible way.
    revealing our roles is anti-town and scummy.. town is best served by extreme chaos.. but do not reveal yet. we do not even know what kind of factiona there are.. there could be a cult for all we know..

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

because scum want town power roles revealed.. this isn’t a hard concept to understand.. I’m afraid I will have to disappoint you..
    I remind you, this is not your regular game with a buttload of citizens with a (un-needed) dependency on a cop to solve the game.

This is a Bastard, crazy ass shit game with a whole loada stupid roles leaving the Town with absolutely no idea of how to even attempt to play.

This mean, as much information as possible needs to be poured into the day, which includes rolecards. So that we can figure out how to win and what we are up against.

Hopefully, you can make some attempt to consider the actual setup?

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

this setup penalizes town claims.. scum have no incentive to claim their real role. they would lie.. pushing for mass claim is scummy in my view..
    ONLY if there was a way to figure out who is lying. Only if there was another person able to confirm their rolecard, or if there rolecard is missing.

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

ONLY if there was a way to figure out who is lying. Only if there was another person able to confirm their rolecard, or if there rolecard is missing.

It is my understanding that talking about one's submitted role is prohibited? Did you miss that?

20. ISO #70

I'm sure the setup does not realise how fucked the town is without information.
    Because if the setup knew how badly the town needs the information, it would reveal it upon a death of a player, perhaps with both their role and the rolecard they crafted.

Are you a lost wolf soft claiming TMI here? Because it looks like it.

21. ISO #71

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Skin Overdose View Post

It is my understanding that talking about one's submitted role is prohibited? Did you miss that?
    I'm pretty sure that is very easily avoidable by specifically talking about all the other roles and purposely not talking about their submitted rolecard.

There is a serious lack of imagination.

22. ISO #72

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Skin Overdose View Post

Are you a lost wolf soft claiming TMI here? Because it looks like it.
    Oh no, How has ye old skin managed to solve the game? I may as well Suicide now.
    What? Suicide? Isn't that illegal?

Nope, turns out you can actually read the setup and it tells you rules and mechanics such as:

Suicide is allowed.
    And, my personal favourite that shows how badly town needs rolecard reveals to win:
    Upon a player's death, the rolecard they received and the rolecard they submitted will be revealed.

23. ISO #73

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM TBD View Post
    So you are saying some folks have other chats than what is here...
    The game plan is simple.

We vote out the guy making blatant observations who will never contribute anything.

-vote S-FM TBD

Is it bad to have a meta scumread in an anonymous game?
    remember the alamo

24. ISO #74

this setup penalizes town claims.. scum have no incentive to claim their real role. they would lie.. pushing for mass claim is scummy in my view..
    Seconding this.

Normally scum have the info advantage. Here they don't have a significant info advantage because they don't know all the roles in the pool.

The game plan is simple. I will not be revealing my role at this time because my role does not benefit town to be revealed.
    remember the alamo

25. ISO #75

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Dont Ask View Post
    Seconding this.

Normally scum have the info advantage. Here they don't have a significant info advantage because they don't know all the roles in the pool.

The game plan is simple. I will not be revealing my role at this time because my role does not benefit town to be revealed.
    Yet this point is already moot as scum can't lie about their role.

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

The game plan is simple.

We vote out the guy making blatant observations who will never contribute anything.

-vote S-FM TBD

Is it bad to have a meta scumread in an anonymous game?
    The first hour of the game and you are already grasping at straws. Jesus christ you must be miserable. I shouldn't ask!

28. ISO #78

Yet this point is already moot as scum can't lie about their role.
    What do you mean? You think the scum can't lie about their role in a game where ALL OF THE ROLE INFORMATION IS HIDDEN?

The game plan is simple (for scum). Make up some random role that is similar to yours but excludes any KPN or pro-scum abilities.

Say my role is Johnny Awesome and I have the ability to kill someone and can one time publicly reveal the role of a player. I would omit to reveal the kill and just say "hey guys I can reveal the role of a player and my name is Obama".
    remember the alamo

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

What do you mean? You think the scum can't lie about their role in a game where ALL OF THE ROLE INFORMATION IS HIDDEN?

The game plan is simple (for scum). Make up some random role that is similar to yours but excludes any KPN or pro-scum abilities.

Say my role is Johnny Awesome and I have the ability to kill someone and can one time publicly reveal the role of a player. I would omit to reveal the kill and just say "hey guys I can reveal the role of a player and my name is Obama".
    All roles have been created by another player. This means that if someone posts their rolecard, which is fake, can easily be brought to attention by the player that created it.
    We all have the information, only by co-operation can we easily boost our chances of winning.

31. ISO #81

All roles have been created by another player. This means that if someone posts their rolecard, which is fake, can easily be brought to attention by the player that created it.
    We all have the information, only by co-operation can we easily boost our chances of winning.
    You would want to change the name of the rolecard you reveal if you're scum so it doesn't match up with something anyone submitted.
    remember the alamo

32. ISO #82

This doesn't work TWICE because even if everyone DOES reveal this, if scum has a rolecard that another scum submitted, then we have a false confirmation of a role.

This plan isn't gonna work. It won't even get close to working. We cannot solve the game this way.
    remember the alamo

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

This doesn't work TWICE because even if everyone DOES reveal this, if scum has a rolecard that another scum submitted, then we have a false confirmation of a role.

This plan isn't gonna work. It won't even get close to working. We cannot solve the game this way.
    Whalah, now we have 2 scum with 1 stone. Because if all rolecards get mass revealed, it wont include the fake ones created by the scum

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

Even in the theoretical world where we could do that the plan still falls flat if a scum rolecard submission is given to another scum player.
    So, they still have to tell the truth, which is good for town. Or they tell a lie and get caught in the mass rolecard reveal.

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

So, they still have to tell the truth, which is good for town. Or they tell a lie and get caught in the mass rolecard reveal.
    They wouldn't have to tell the truth. They lie with the edited rolecard and the second scum confirms the edited rolecard is legit. Town gets false mechanical info which is extremely detrimental.

What happens when the KPN doesn't line up with the rolecards revealed? We would know one rolecard is wrong. Which rolecard? No fucking clue. Back to square 2. The next day would become "well which rolecard has space to a KPN" instead of "well which player is scum".
    remember the alamo

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    reminder: posting the role card YOU SUMBITTED is against the rule
    you are not allowed to discuss the role u submitted in any chat
    I know this is an anon game but goddamn ya'll being dumb. How can we call out the fake role cards if we can't discuss?

Don't ask? Don't tell.

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

And after we match up confirmed rolecards, those that have lied will be sitting ducks because they have no one to comfirm.
    There's a setup stipulation against this. We are not allowed to discuss the role we submitted.
    Cool, discussing weather some has told a lie or not is not discussing a role.
    Confirming there is missing information is not discussing a role.
    @MartinGG99 @naz

Do you agree or disagree with this interpretation?
    Confirming that there is missing information, as implied by the word "confirm", gives a level of confidence that would be undeniably TMI and players could presume that its because of their role submission which they cannot directly discuss.

Because without having submitted a role, in the vast majority of cases you cannot know there's missing information unless you are some sort of investigative role that knows all the information on a role-card as a result of an ability.

TL;DR, I would heavily advise against a mass-claim scenario where people the solely suspected each other for "lying" on their role-card, as I would be inclined to see that as rule-breaking.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100