What is the best time for hosts to start games.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Cool What is the best time for hosts to start games.

I would love to hear what times are good for everyone across the world. I am thinking hearing from a few people 10 to 11 pm cst that would be morning I am guessing around 7 am if I am wrong love to hear everyone’s views.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: What is the best time for hosts to start games.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    00:00 GMT
    Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    seconded
    ok that is 2 for 6pm CST. 00:00 GMT = midnight GMT = 6pm CST
    Last edited by Mike; December 25th, 2020 at 10:13 AM.

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    seconded
    thirded
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

That's very close to the worst time possible for EU.

EU is easy, just use CET/CEST time zone. At most EU people would have +/- 1 hour from it. So if you have a lobby with mostly EU, your decision is easy.

NA people are troublesome. The difference between East and West coast is what? 7 hours?
    By comparison, difference between EST and CET is only 6 hours, lol.

If you want to know the best starting time - there's no universal answer and you'd have to judge it case by case depending on the players that participate.

However, a reasonable time I think could be [22:00 CET / 16:00 EST / 9:00 PST] just due to the fact that most people are awake then. Even though, realistically, can only expect 1 group to be home and not at work at that hour.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    NA people are troublesome. The difference between East and West coast is what? 7 hours?
    Well if you count Hawaii as the West Coast then yes, at 5 hours difference.

But I think California (west coast) uses PST and that's only 3 hours behind EST, which the time that Maryland (East coast) uses.

Anyways, seems like 4 or 3 PM EST (Or 15:00 EST in 24-hour format) might be some sort of sweet spot but I really don't see a way for everyone not to be at work and be available, especially since anyone can presumably have any kind of job with any kind of hours.

Last edited by MartinGG99; December 23rd, 2020 at 01:25 PM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    But I think California (west coast) uses PST and that's only 3 hours behind EST, which the time that Maryland (East coast) uses.
    My bad. I assumed Google would give me the correct time but it didn't if I searched "west coast" instead of "PST". Why Google even gives time when it's not updated
    Screenshot_20201223-230916.png

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post

That's very close to the worst time possible for EU.

EU is easy, just use CET/CEST time zone. At most EU people would have +/- 1 hour from it. So if you have a lobby with mostly EU, your decision is easy.

By comparison, difference between EST and CET is only 6 hours, lol.

If you want to know the best starting time - there's no universal answer and you'd have to judge it case by case depending on the players that participate.

However, a reasonable time I think could be [22:00 CET / 16:00 EST / 9:00 PST] just due to the fact that most people are awake then. Even though, realistically, can only expect 1 group to be home and not at work at that hour.
    Most of Europe is at 1am during 12gmt, while a bit of Eastern Europe is at 2am. I assume the worst time is 3am/4am, but 1am is okay. And Europeans are used to that kind of awfulness. 16:00est is awesome for Europe but awful for Americans because everyone is in their 9-5s no? But I suppose im also good with that time. Being on for eod / near eod is most important. And 1am Europe allows for that if ppl stay up until 12 (and works perfectly if they stay up until 1)
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Most of Europe is at 1am during 12gmt, while a bit of Eastern Europe is at 2am. I assume the worst time is 3am/4am, but 1am is okay.
    Exactly what I meant - like 2 hours away from the worst time possible. :P
    fmpov there isn't much difference between 1AM and 3AM. I wouldn't be online for either most of the time. The only difference is when I'm last online relative to EoD.

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    And Europeans are used to that kind of awfulness.
    Stop bullying the Europeans.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Every game should use AEST
    Lmao poor bastard

15. ISO #15

Fourthed, I guess? This is the best time for pretty much everyone minus the heretics who go to bed early (in Europe). It probably even works for Australians, since it must be in the morning/noon for them. bunch of space aliens.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; December 23rd, 2020 at 11:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

everyone basically tries to make it as late as possible for the Europeans and as early as possible for the Americans, so everyone gets to suffer ^^.

18. ISO #18

Best bet is probably make the signup thread a poll and ask your players specifically.

A lot of people said 6am CST but the last 3 games I've played I've posted around that time and was basically talking to the void.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Best bet is probably make the signup thread a poll and ask your players specifically.

A lot of people said 6am CST but the last 3 games I've played I've posted around that time and was basically talking to the void.
    A poll! What a lovely idea.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

20. ISO #20

This is 00.00 GMT

GMT, Greenwich Mean Time
    12:00a Sat, Dec 26 2020

EST, United States
    7:00p Fri, Dec 25 2020

CST, United States
    6:00p Fri, Dec 25 2020

PST, United States
    4:00p Fri, Dec 25 2020

CET, Central European Time
    1:00a Sat, Dec 26 2020

AEST, Australian Eastern Standard Time
    10:00a Sat, Dec 26 2020
    Last edited by Mike; December 25th, 2020 at 10:22 AM.