Early game play (RVS strategy and developing game tempo)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Early game play (RVS strategy and developing game tempo)

This is just a bit of ramblings to voice my thoughts on early game. I will have a lot more concise things to say when I get around to releasing the strategy part of my guide I have been tinkering with.

To play day chat there has to be reasoning to analyze. The objective of RVS is to create that reasoning from nothing. Players cast random votes and logic is built on their motivations until players begin to FoS and push etch-other creating a playable game state. To push into a playable game state players should always voice some reason with their RVS vote. The counter-intuitive bit is although 'Random vote stage' has the word 'Random' in it to use the strategy to push the game tempo forward you must always voice a reason with your vote. Town should reach or even leverage themselves as lynch bait as that the faster you break RVS the more time you have in the day to actually scum hunt.

During the early day phase its also proper play to claim a N0 peek if there is an alignment cop with one. This allows the cop to voice their peek (traditionally in their first post) and to be looked back on once they flip in 'normal games' that do not use a last will mechanic.

'Alternative RVS' is a name I coined for using setup speculation to break RVS through strategy. Instead of casting votes and building reasoning to push the game tempo you break down the setup and talk about what scum hunting techniques should be favored or what strategies should be used. I prefer this method because it familiarizes players with the setup while giving them an understanding of how they should play in addition to pushing the game tempo (although a combination of both strategies is optimal.)

But TLDR- If you are town and just throw a blind vote when game starts you do not understand how to start a game. Basic understanding of RVS and alternate RVS is critical for any player to know imo.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Early game play (RVS strategy and developing game tempo)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    So. Don't let random vote strategy be random.
    -vote Helz

I believe Helz is scum because he has had avoiding talking about any relevent tactic for scum to take to counter a good start of game for town.
    Scum-painting = day 1 policy lynch confirmed scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Scum-painting = day 1 policy lynch confirmed scum.
    Is this the sort of failure Helz was talking about? There is no value or reasoning with this statement and is practically just a useless vote, without the vote.

My reasoning has a solid and valid point and is not a random vote to give an example of what Helz is explaining.

Yours is just a witty lazy ass comment.
    I can't tell if you're just a townsplayer without any skill, or just a weak scum.

If you wanted to tackle my statement be because you believe I may be scum you would want to:

-State your position on me
    -Give reasoning of why I'm attacking and what my intentions are
    -Break down and invalidate my reasoning and show it was created falsely for devious intentions
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

5. ISO #5

I love that SuperJack is illustrating proper RVS break while arguing for proper RVS break.

Is this meta-mafia?
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

6. ISO #6

What SJ did up there is an example of what town should strive to do every game lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Is this the sort of failure Helz was talking about? There is no value or reasoning with this statement and is practically just a useless vote, without the vote.

My reasoning has a solid and valid point and is not a random vote to give an example of what Helz is explaining.

Yours is just a witty lazy ass comment.
    I can't tell if you're just a townsplayer without any skill, or just a weak scum.

If you wanted to tackle my statement be because you believe I may be scum you would want to:

-State your position on me
    -Give reasoning of why I'm attacking and what my intentions are
    -Break down and invalidate my reasoning and show it was created falsely for devious intentions
    Impressive. Clear Thought Process.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>