[WIP] La Résistance (13P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

La Résistance (13P)

La Résistance
    (The Resistance)

Spirit of the Setup
    It's a shame we had no setup on that theme yet, so I'm making one.
    Outside of that, this game allows insults. It's a test I want to make, and I'm sure some people will enjoy themselves here lol. Remember to keep things within the game, though; this is for fun, and players should absolutely not resent what other players said here because that's the point. If all of this doesn't work with you, don't sign.

Rolelist
    Occupation Power Role
    Occupation Power Role
    Occupation Power Role/Occupation Trooper
    Occupation Trooper
    Occupation Trooper
    Occupation Trooper
    Occupation Trooper
    Occupation Trooper
    Occupation Trooper
    Occupation Trooper

Resister (specific role TBD)

Rolecards
    Occupation Trooper
    You are a standard trooper of the Third Reich.
    You have no special abilities.

Spoiler : Possible Occupation Power Roles :

Gestapo Agent
    [Lore goes here]
    Each night, you may interrogate someone to determine whether or not they are a Resister. The Resistance Leader is immune to this.

Collaborator
    [Lore goes here]
    You may shoot a player at night, killing them. One charge; cannot be used on night 1.

Patrol Chief
    [Lore goes here]
    You may order a patrol in front of another player's home, roleblocking them for the night. They are not notified of the roleblock. Two charges.

Occupation Spy
    [Lore goes here]
    At night, you may hide in another player's home, redirecting all actions targeting you to your target. Two charges.

Resistance Leader
    [Lore goes here]
    [Abilities go here]

Resistance Spy
    [Lore goes here]
    At night, you may hide in another player's home, redirecting all actions targeting you to your target. Three charges.

Mechanics
    The game starts on D1. Days last 48 hours, nights last 24.
    Plurality + majority lynch.
    Last wills and death notes are allowed.
    Suicide is allowed, assuming it forwards your team's win condition.
    The Resistance has a factional night kill.

OoO

Win Conditions
    Occupation Forces: Eliminate all Resistance members.
    Resistance: Obtain majority of votes, or have nothing preventing you from obtaining it.

Rules
    Insults of all caliber are allowed, and host won't intervene outside of extreme cases (host reserves total discretion over this, but tolerance is high; private complaints will be taken into account, but remember the spirit of the game). Lore-based namecalling is slightly encouraged if you like that.
    Don't keep grudges post-game. If you can't accept that, don't sign.
    All other standard FM rules apply.
    Have fun.

Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; December 26th, 2020 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: La Résistance (13P)

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Marechal Petain shall crush these traitors
    The resistants are actually scum in my setup XD.
    But they won't be in the lore
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Can we do things like talk shit about the french?
    I support this idea~ I dislike how a poorly mannered society with hygiene issues is considered 'classy'

I would like to start by pointing out how stupid the french made time measurement. I totally get how a base 12 imperial number system is better than the base 10 metric but having 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour and 12 hours twice to make a day makes no fucking sense in any way.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Can we do things like talk shit about the french?
    Yes, it's even slightly encouraged

That image is absolutely accurate, by the way. Especially the waiter pouring wine on the client's head XD

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

@Marshmallow Marshall
    I would like to propose a change to this setup which I think would be in the spirit of it.
    Specifically, this part:
    Insults of all caliber are allowed
    There are 5 types of swearing: [LIST]
    I would like you to consider prohibiting Abusive Swearing while encouraging Idiomatic swearing.
    (I'm just not sure how you'd write that down though tbh )

Edit:
    Curse to your hearts contents:
    Use swear words to express yourselves, use swear words to pay attentions to things, use swear words for shits and giggles, to lighten up, or just because.
    Let's show how you can use swear words without hurting others.
    (though, about that last part - swearing and taboo words constantly change over time in the history of humanity - and I sincerely believe that our society is in the middle of a transition where expressions like "mentally retarded" and "anger issues" are slowly climbing their way to the top in terms of becoming offensive terms. Still long way to go to overcome racial slurs and sexuality based insults though. [basing on]. In that sense, the most offensive words or expressions are not even neither swear words nor taboo words yet NOR count as insults yet)
    Last edited by OzyWho; December 24th, 2020 at 04:38 PM.

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    I would like to propose a change to this setup which I think would be in the spirit of it.
    Specifically, this part:

There are 5 types of swearing: [LIST]
    I would like you to consider prohibiting Abusive Swearing while encouraging Idiomatic swearing.
    (I'm just not sure how you'd write that down though tbh )

Edit:
    Curse to your hearts contents:
    Use swear words to express yourselves, use swear words to pay attentions to things, use swear words for shits and giggles, to lighten up, or just because.
    Let's show how you can use swear words without hurting others.
    (though, about that last part - swearing and taboo words constantly change over time in the history of humanity - and I sincerely believe that our society is in the middle of a transition where expressions like "mentally retarded" and "anger issues" are slowly climbing their way to the top in terms of becoming offensive terms. Still long way to go to overcome racial slurs and sexuality based insults though. [basing on]. In that sense, the most offensive words or expressions are not even neither swear words nor taboo words yet NOR count as insults yet)
    Uh, I don't want to be rude, but it's literally the opposite of the spirit xD. I specifically said insults were allowed, not just profanity (which is generally allowed anyway). This game is absolutely not meant to be a standard one, although players are obviously expected to play a normal game of Mafia. The word insult is accurate.
    So Merry Christmas, fucker

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

I think allowing all swearing/personal toxicity is a bit extreme. If someone really toxic joins the game and starts inflating his own ego at the expense of everyone else it won’t be fun for anyone lol.
    Last edited by Oberon; December 25th, 2020 at 08:05 AM.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

I think allowing all swearing/personal toxicity is a bit extreme. If someone really toxic joins the game and starts inflating his own ego at the expense of everyone else it won’t be fun for anyone lol.
    Shut up you overbearing constipated teal mold stained otter that stutters and emits high frequency screeching sounds whilst folding.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

17. ISO #17

I'm not crazy either lol.
    Insults of all caliber are allowed, and host won't intervene outside of extreme cases (host reserves total discretion over this, but tolerance is high; private complaints will be taken into account, but remember the spirit of the game).

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Uh, I don't want to be rude, but it's literally the opposite of the spirit xD. I specifically said insults were allowed, not just profanity (which is generally allowed anyway). This game is absolutely not meant to be a standard one, although players are obviously expected to play a normal game of Mafia. The word insult is accurate.
    So Merry Christmas, fucker
    Special game mechanic:
    Whoever offended people the most on D1 gets an extra vote power on D2.

Special post game mechanic:
    Whoever won the Special game mechanic gets an infraction after the game is finished.

19. ISO #19