Cost of the entire ADHD healthcare
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Cost of the entire ADHD healthcare

Just letting some peeps know about the wonderful healthcare system we have in the UK (The NHS).

It took about 4-6 months from when I first went to a GP asking for an assessment to being diagnosed and medicated. It took a while because the NHS where moving from in person assessments over to everything online, they also got my email address wrong.

The total cost of everything, from meeting with the GP (Local Doctor) to getting the assessment and the medication for me, had been.

£9

That's all. £9. The reason it costs £9 is because that's the national price for a NHS prescription which I get once s month. (This would remain £9 and cover additional prescriptions that I would take out at the same time).

Thank fuck.

How much has your healthcare cost you? (Including paying excess)
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Cost of the entire ADHD healthcare

I feel like this paints a false image of healthcare.

Cheap healthcare would be if you could walk up to a person and give them a small amount of money or service to receive healthcare.

Is it cheap healthcare if you pay 9 euro and then a 'group' of people pay 2,000$?

I will forever push that subsidization increases cost while allowing people to market that the cost is lower. I am not sure if other countries are having the same problems but were having a huge shift right now in our gas industry with gas companies increasing the cost for using anything but cash and increasing the overall cost but then discounting it for 'members' to promote some form of data harvesting. I think the average change with those two moves is around 10 cents a gallon.

Cost to the individual is not less when its subsidized. That cost is just spread over time and people. The only way to reduce healthcare cost is to actually reduce healthcare costs and until we eliminate the short sided mindset that promotes subsidized healthcare we will forever perpetuate the problem.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.