S-FM 317: Eternia [LADDER] - Page 19
Register

User Tag List

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #901

Re: S-FM 317: Eternia [LADDER]

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Host meta sucks. The target would absolutely not be cleared in any way.

We indeed probably have no Jester and no Senator. If there is a Holy Guardian Spirit, I agree we should work together, especially if he believes his target is town. I hardclaim town, and if people could claim town as well if they're town, it'd help us narrow the lynch pool because we have no reason to lynch neutral claims as of right now, and it'd make them much less likely to die by either a mafia kill or a lynch.

Assassin kills only at 24 or 48 hours marks, which means we cannot conclude whether the Mafia has or does not have an Assassin.

Why would the Mafia have a Radical Journalist if town has a Journalist? Nothing in the setup says there has to be one of each.
    No offence but hard claiming town will not work as everyone even the neutral will hard claim town. If the neutral would not hard claim town then they would just out.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

2. ISO #902

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Well one good thing is we know we dont have a sentor. becuse no demands where made at start of day. I dont belive we have a Jester becuse Jester could have outed for an easy win. That only leaves EXE or Gardian.

IF there is a Guardian you should out yourself. This would narrow the lynch pool for today. Also who is your target to heal most likly a town role (for balance) Narrowing the lynch pool even more. If not then we can assume we have an EXE.

Today we have 5 town 2 MAfia 1 Neutral.

Now Oberon is most likely real because no one CCed him As I had to explain to Freckles yesterday.
    Makeing it that only 4 of us left are town.
    From MY POV I know I am town so only 3 of you are Town. Rest are MAfia or Neutral. Mafia did not kill yesterday If they have a killing role that was stupid of mafia not to kill. The players we have are not Stupid. So we have 1 of 2 senrieos.

1 Mafia Did try to kill and Town Got a save.
    2 Mafia does not have any killing roles.

No with Oberon open claiming he was a TPR 1 possible Lookout. If Mafia had an ass I belive he would have shot Oberon. So we can remove Ass.as a possible leaving Hitman, Kidnapper, Soul Ripper. If no one had a night chat last night we can remove Kidnapper as a possible. Leaving Hitman and Soul Ripper as the 2 possible. S2.

TPR2 Do not out but consider this If you are a Medic. Soul Ripper would not be in game and you prob got a save last night. If you are a Sheriff Hitman is out and We have a Soul Ripper. The Fact our TPR1 is not a Lookout we are fucked. At this point You can not trust your reads. Do not out Unless you are a possible lynch. because You can still be towns ace in the hole (Confirming you are town)

What I am confused about is if town has a Journalist wouldn't mafia have a Radical Journalist? Has anyone else received a Message yesterday? if not where is the missing message?

IF ANYONE DISAGREES WITH MY LOGIC PLEASE EXPLAINE WHY!!!
    On your specific points:
    1. I agree our neutral is HGS/VH
    2. I suspect an HGS is assigned to town simply because Auwt clarified these would be assigned at random, but I wouldn't put that much weight into it.
    3. There are so many other possible mafia actions. In particular, a scum could be holding back a kill so they don't out themselves by PoE.
    4. I agree TP2 shouldn't out right now, but they should definitely participate in Oberon's article if he picks them
    5. I don't at all see why Mafia would have to have a radical journalist. The most likely explanation of the lack of a second article is that they don't have one.

I'm off for a while. @ me if there's anything really important to respond to when I get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

3. ISO #903

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    I was talking about YOUR perspective here. I focused on FB for as along as I found him viable. (which was until Frinckles/Mike stopped wanting to yeet him)

I really don't see how you could have a town perspective at this point. Yes, if you're town, I *could* be some very clever scum. But so could anyone else. There's nothing uniquely "omg, he could be scum tho!" about my play, but you're reading it as though my pro-town contributions are scum-indicative and everyone else's town contributions aren't. And now that you've backed down from thinking I was scummily "shopping" around for a yeet, what do you actually have to scumread me for?

@Mesk514 , I'd like you see you join here when you're done reading up. MM is scumpainting me for frankly no reason, and I suspect you can see that.
    I guess my point is that you didn't focus on him as hard as I'd have expected from a genuine townie at all.

And I've only said your point about Oberon and DM was fair due to the PR claiming part, not about "shopping", although it definetly takes down a significant part of it. There's still that "the goal is to get the best yeet" and the lack of pushing on a scumread, along with "I could be convinced to get on Frinckles" (paraphrasing as I don't remember the exact wording). You did get less scummy though, but I still don't see why you'd be town.

Indeed, nearly anyone else could be scum! But "anyone else" happens not to have the scumtells you have. Thinking of Helz right now, who basically has no scumtells that I know of going against him and who has contributed a lot D1. I'm not saying your pro-town contributions are scum-indicative, just that they don't mean much when it comes to your alignment. And it's not like my PoE lacks townies, so your scum equity from lacking townpoints and having some strange points is relatively high.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #904

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    You are really going to say no u this entire game aren't you? I quoted multiple things for you like 2 hours ago.
    And I answered this pointing out pointless it was.
    Spoiler : my wall :
    I don't think so

Not an explaination, but a statement, as I said:

I did say you explained your read on Mesk:

And yes, you STATED you were townreading Oberon multiple times... but you did not explain!

This is a relatively weak reason but a reason nonetheless, I'll grant you that. Enough to justify a vote by itself? Uh, no.

You said this about this quote: "I explained why I wasn't entirely sold on a FB lynch. Even Helz recognized that this would be a retarded thing for scum to do since we were competing wagons".
    Again, that's a statement, not an explaination. You're stating you're not convinced he's scum anymore. You're stating he could be but maybe not. You're stating you could convince people to lynch him. But you're not EXPLAINING anything by saying that.

You said this about this quote: "I mentioned halfway through the day what slots I wanted to investigate the most. These are in-line with the rest of my play. Matt and I have conversed multiple times throughout the game and I just generally have a bit of a townread on him because he's doing work. I pressured Helz and while I don't have a townlead on him I can't really call his play scummy thus far, he needs to do more".
    First of all, a list of reads is not an explaination, it's a list of reads. It's fair to give a quick list of reads without directly explaining in the very post if you have explained your reads beforehand (I even did that this game). But when you haven't given your reasonings, your explainations, it's pointless fluff. Frostbyte called it "town theatre" or something like that.

So yeah, I maintain you haven't given your reasons minus for trusting Mesk. I also maintain my vote.

And your ISO link doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

5. ISO #905

@MattZed @Marshmallow Marshall I know only 3 people are town outside me and Oberon. I know you found me but I am having a hard time with finding both of you. Mattzed tell my your read on MM. and MM tell me your read on mattzed. and please explain your reads.

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

6. ISO #906

On your specific points:
    1. I agree our neutral is HGS/VH
    2. I suspect an HGS is assigned to town simply because Auwt clarified these would be assigned at random, but I wouldn't put that much weight into it.
    3. There are so many other possible mafia actions. In particular, a scum could be holding back a kill so they don't out themselves by PoE.
    4. I agree TP2 shouldn't out right now, but they should definitely participate in Oberon's article if he picks them
    5. I don't at all see why Mafia would have to have a radical journalist. The most likely explanation of the lack of a second article is that they don't have one.

I'm off for a while. @ me if there's anything really important to respond to when I get back.
    The Oberon code is nice I like it but we should not rely on it as Town can lose before it becomes useful. @Oberon I agree you should use it and customize it do not use Mattzeds code change it up Change it entirely but put the answers in your LW and the code. we do not need mafia being able to figure it out.

7. ISO #907

Also if Oberon is Mafia and a Real TPR1 did not claim I will say this if we lose IT WILL BE 100% YOUR fault. SO with that said I am going to take Oberon as Lock Confirmed Town.

8. ISO #908

Also if Oberon is Mafia and a Real TPR1 did not claim I will say this if we lose IT WILL BE 100% YOUR fault. SO with that said I am going to take Oberon as Lock Confirmed Town.
    Anyone CCing now will be lynched over Oberon. in case mafia get any bright ideas to fake claim.

9. ISO #909

@Auwt can

Soul Ripper
    You may swap two players at night, switching their positions.
    They are not notified of being swapped.

self target?

10. ISO #910

11. ISO #911

12. ISO #912

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I am that Journalist btw
    Thanks for claiming. If you had not mafia would have known anyways after seeing that news article but town would have been uninformed.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

13. ISO #913

What a useless role that is.
    I disagree.

If the Journalist were to locate the other TPR he would know another town and could feed that players reads to the town while protecting them from being revealed. Imagine how powerful that would be if TPR2 is a sheriff.

A lot of 'ifs' there but I personally think its unlikely Town would not have some form of investigative the same as I doubt that Mafia does not have some form of killing utility.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

14. ISO #914

So with no Senator demands and no Insane harpy claiming the free victory the 3rd party is either a Guardian Spirit or a Vengeful Harpy (Executioner)

Be very mindful of a potential vengeful going in hard with a PR claim to snatch victory today. It is a very real potential and if we do have a sheriff as TPR2 you may want to avoid pulling a hard CC unless its necessary. That would probably be the Vengeful's claim.

With no kill last night and no Senator claims scum PR2 is very likely Assassin or Kidnapper. Keep this in mind and keep your last wills updated around mid day and end of day.

I think the game is:
    Journalist
    Sheriff/BG
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Consort / Agent / Illusionist
    Kidnapper / Assassin

Holy Guardian Spirit / Vengeful Harpy

15. ISO #915

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I think the game is:
    Journalist
    Sheriff/BG
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Kidnapper / Assassin

It also occurs to me that with this game state its in the towns favor to no-lynch until we are confident. With no KPN we kinda have all the time in the world to pick our lynch carefully. With 1 of us dead we are 4v3 with a non-town coordinated block of 2 and a chance the neutral will be town sided if guardian on town.

This is a favorable situation we can exploit. I would almost say its a hole in the setup that hard favors town.

16. ISO #916

It also occurs to me that with this game state its in the towns favor to no-lynch until we are confident. With no KPN we kinda have all the time in the world to pick our lynch carefully. With 1 of us dead we are 4v3 with a non-town coordinated block of 2 and a chance the neutral will be town sided if guardian on town.

This is a favorable situation we can exploit. I would almost say its a hole in the setup that hard favors town.
    With 1 more of us dead^ Assuming the scum team has a kidnapper or an assassin.

17. ISO #917

helz I agree, This is why I am asking everyone to out If they where role blocked or Jailed.

where you role block or jailed? Last night.

18. ISO #918

So with no Senator demands and no Insane harpy claiming the free victory the 3rd party is either a Guardian Spirit or a Vengeful Harpy (Executioner)

Be very mindful of a potential vengeful going in hard with a PR claim to snatch victory today. It is a very real potential and if we do have a sheriff as TPR2 you may want to avoid pulling a hard CC unless its necessary. That would probably be the Vengeful's claim.

With no kill last night and no Senator claims scum PR2 is very likely Assassin or Kidnapper. Keep this in mind and keep your last wills updated around mid day and end of day.

I think the game is:
    Journalist
    Sheriff/BG
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Kidnapper / Assassin

Wait why would you exclude Soul Ripper?????

19. ISO #919

I am getting confused here. Am I misreading you?????? you saying we have all the time with no KPN that would mean a Soul Ripper but you are excluding them from your reads.

20. ISO #920

Also why cant there be a Doc save. Your logic has holes in it. From my PoV. @Helz you where my top town read. This is why theses posts are Thowing me for a loop.
    Please elaborate am i misunderstanding? Am i Misreading it PLEASE explain to help me understand where your thought process is.

21. ISO #921

Because without a Senator or a mafia killing this setup is batshit town sided.

22. ISO #922

helz I agree, This is why I am asking everyone to out If they where role blocked or Jailed.

where you role block or jailed? Last night.
    No

23. ISO #923

Also why cant there be a Doc save. Your logic has holes in it. From my PoV. @Helz you where my top town read. This is why theses posts are Thowing me for a loop.
    Please elaborate am i misunderstanding? Am i Misreading it PLEASE explain to help me understand where your thought process is.
    Sure. But I would like to hear from you why you think it would be AI in any way for me to exclude a doc. I find it odd that your pushing this question as an FoS and I want to understand what your thought process is.

I think that there would either a way for town to identify scum or to kill scum to balance the game. A doc makes no sense unless there is a killing and even if there was a killing a doc specifically and only functions in the event there is a Hitman. With no night kill last night thats unlikely although I will say that if there is a doc as our TPR2 that player should know with certainty that a Hitman exists.

24. ISO #924

Because without a Senator or a mafia killing this setup is batshit town sided.
    So it is Town sided with out a Mafia killing role and no senator??

No it is not, It sounds to me this is a setup if we rely on only PR we lose mafia wins.

I reread the setup over and over last night. Looking at the Quality of players in here. If mafia has a soul swaper DO you know how powerful that is.
    A sheriff can be the 3rd mafia.

Only way town would have a chance is if the TPR1 was lookout. and sheriff and lookout target same player.

Sheriff checks a Mafia. Mafia swap the mafia with a town. Mafia gets a Green check. Town loses.
    Sheriff checks a Town. Mafia swap the Town with a Mafia. Town gets a Red Check Mislynch Town loses.

As town we have to consider all Worlds. OR we lose. Mafia will want to hide there is a chance of Soul swaper becuse then we Would go old school and rely on Reads.
    Not follow the sheriff with posible fake messages.

Now the sheriff is still good becuse it is a Role that cant be CCed. if Mafia does It will out one of the 2 mafia. The Neutral will not CC the Real town there. No sentor.

We need to stop and play Mafia Old school Use read look at people trying to make false worlds see people pushing one world over another.

What I am saying is Consider all worlds. Yes MAfia may have a Killing role but Mafia may not also.

25. ISO #925

Sure. But I would like to hear from you why you think it would be AI in any way for me to exclude a doc. I find it odd that your pushing this question as an FoS and I want to understand what your thought process is.

I think that there would either a way for town to identify scum or to kill scum to balance the game. A doc makes no sense unless there is a killing and even if there was a killing a doc specifically and only functions in the event there is a Hitman. With no night kill last night thats unlikely although I will say that if there is a doc as our TPR2 that player should know with certainty that a Hitman exists.
    I am not saying it is AI for you to do that. I am asking you why you did. I am litterly wanting to know if I misread you. I never even insinuated you where scum for it.

I will admit I am not as confident you are town as I once was. But I am not ready to go down that rabbet hole right now.

26. ISO #926

To the second part I agree with you 100% That is what I was thinking. ISO me from today It may help you understand what I am talking about.

27. ISO #927

So it is Town sided with out a Mafia killing role and no senator??

No it is not, It sounds to me this is a setup if we rely on only PR we lose mafia wins.

I reread the setup over and over last night. Looking at the Quality of players in here. If mafia has a soul swaper DO you know how powerful that is.
    A sheriff can be the 3rd mafia.

Only way town would have a chance is if the TPR1 was lookout. and sheriff and lookout target same player.

Sheriff checks a Mafia. Mafia swap the mafia with a town. Mafia gets a Green check. Town loses.
    Sheriff checks a Town. Mafia swap the Town with a Mafia. Town gets a Red Check Mislynch Town loses.

As town we have to consider all Worlds. OR we lose. Mafia will want to hide there is a chance of Soul swaper becuse then we Would go old school and rely on Reads.
    Not follow the sheriff with posible fake messages.

Now the sheriff is still good becuse it is a Role that cant be CCed. if Mafia does It will out one of the 2 mafia. The Neutral will not CC the Real town there. No sentor.

We need to stop and play Mafia Old school Use read look at people trying to make false worlds see people pushing one world over another.

What I am saying is Consider all worlds. Yes MAfia may have a Killing role but Mafia may not also.
    I agree. I just find it unlikely. Your talking about a lot of 'ifs' and I am talking about whats probable given what we know.

Sure 'if' there was a soul swapper 'and' he found the sheriff 'then' he can either invalidate the sheriff each night or risk that sheriff checking one of them while he forces a mafia peek.

My push that we could no-lynch was in the direction of scum hunting.

28. ISO #928

I am not saying it is AI for you to do that. I am asking you why you did. I am litterly wanting to know if I misread you. I never even insinuated you where scum for it.

I will admit I am not as confident you are town as I once was. But I am not ready to go down that rabbet hole right now.
    This really reads like an FoS to me but I could see some syntactic ambiguity there though.

29. ISO #929

Anyways. Doc potential is Tinfoil until we get a night kill.

30. ISO #930

This really reads like an FoS to me but I could see some syntactic ambiguity there though.
    What does FoS stand for?

31. ISO #931

What does FoS stand for?
    Looking it up says Finger if Sus. Ohh I get what you mean. Now.

32. ISO #932

Looking it up says Finger if Sus. Ohh I get what you mean. Now.
    No worries.

From what I see in the game-state my reads are just bad. I am going to have to start over from scratch and am moderately unhappy about it. I had no time today and may not tomorrow.

33. ISO #933

34. ISO #934

35. ISO #935

I'm quite serious about my vote on MM. Some post excerpts that really bug me:

Frostbyte's push seems honest here. I don't know if it's right, but it's honest.
    Frostbyte actually is a townlean for me now, due to the honesty of his push
    Nowhere does MM say why FrostByte's push feels honest, just that it does. This is a slip. How does MM know FrostByte's push is honest? Because MM knows FrostByte is town.

36. ISO #936

37. ISO #937

38. ISO #938

If Frenckles hard claims EXE

If there is a Neutral out there claim now if you want it be believed. Do not let a Mafia claim your spot.

39. ISO #939

40. ISO #940

41. ISO #941

I'd also like to say I'm *really* not a fan of the Frinckles train. Who would Frinckles' partner even be? Mike and MM would be doing some HARD bussing if it's them, FrostByte spent a lot of time tearing into Frinckles before he claimed. (I was also on Frinckles' train when he cit claimed) That leaves... Mesk and Helz, my top two two reads. Yuck.

42. ISO #942

ok im here
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

43. ISO #943

yeah sure why not
    Wtf is this? Trying to make it look like I am atttcking you? Dam you are good.

44. ISO #944

45. ISO #945

@MattZed , while MM's arguments are flawed in several ways, it's very much like him to have very flawed arguments regardless of alignment, so I don't really know how to approach that. Although I will say, he's not fence sitting like he usually does as town. I would think he's the neutral more than mafia as I can't really pinpoint any particular connection he has with anyone, but who knows.....

I'm going to reread it again as I was skimming over the last 8 hours
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

46. ISO #946

Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to Mike lately. He makes so many posts and they've made so little sense to me lately. I could see a town perspective in the first half of a D1, but definitely not a mind meld. Right now it feels like he deliberately misunderstands people's posts to try to get them to slip. I suppose it's a fine strategy, but I stopped relating to his posts a while ago.

47. ISO #947

Please read the me vs MM interactions of D2 and tell me you're seeing the same active discrediting I'm seeing.
    and yes, I do see it

48. ISO #948

For the record, I just saw MM browsing this thread, about one hour after he said he had to go. His habit of posting may be very selective.
    @Helz , if you want to test your theory that pressure leads to participation, add some pressure please.
    I will. But the question is where should it be added? And what is the rush if the town is in a position to take an unlimited amount of time to solve the game?

@Oberon Please consider what I said earlier. You hold a rare position of leadership right now and I need you to recognize that a misslynch could mean the game while unless the mafia has 2 kills town has unlimited time to solve.

I would also encourage all other players to step back and make more structured and reasoned pushes. There is a lot of "This guy claims to believe X but has provided little reasoning" shit flying around. If I am right we have all the time in the world and can crawl through each point so long as we dont jump to some bullshit lynch that could end the game.

49. ISO #949

50. ISO #950

I'd also like to say I'm *really* not a fan of the Frinckles train. Who would Frinckles' partner even be? Mike and MM would be doing some HARD bussing if it's them, FrostByte spent a lot of time tearing into Frinckles before he claimed. (I was also on Frinckles' train when he cit claimed) That leaves... Mesk and Helz, my top two two reads. Yuck.
    I was considering a world of you and Freckles but I ruled that out when you voted DM over me. You could have pushed me as scum and been the vote to kill me over DM and leaving DM for easy mislynch today. So I can not see you as Mafia but I can consider you hard defense as maybe frinkles is not exe and you are his guarded angel.

But if frenkles is you target does that make him town?? If this is true why he lie about me that is my dellima