S-FM 317: Eternia [LADDER] - Page 8
Register

User Tag List

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #351

Re: S-FM 317: Eternia [LADDER]

@Mike , I appreciate the worldbuilding effort, and if I HAD to guess associations, they'd be pretty much the same ones you guessed. But, as Helz pointed out, associations are much more useful AFTER we see flips, not before.

As for neutrals, I really wouldn't bother at this point. Only one of the roles (Senator) is scum, and we'll find out pretty quickly if there's a senator. (when we get a demand tomorrow) The other three roles really don't affect our wincon. If someone is feeling "weird, but not quite scummy," I suppose we could put them in that basket, but I just don't see the point. They're essentially playing a parallel game to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

2. ISO #352

3. ISO #353

Frinckles and FrostByte are both voting for the largest train that isn't themselves, and neither of them *started* these trains...

I'm going to look back and see if I find something interesting about this interaction. My first instinct that one of them is scum desperately trying to live.

4. ISO #354

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    So you don't think MM and I are scum team, but you think your reads, which include us as scum team, are good?

Nahhhhhhhh

-vote Frinckles

This shit don't add up at all. You're talking out of your ass.
    fixed
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

5. ISO #355

6. ISO #356

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    double quotes me multiple times

Squirming!!! Tunneling!!! Jesus lad.
    Please, continue to selectively address my points with fluff bullshit. You can't logically think your reads are good and simultaneously think MM and I aren't scum team.
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

7. ISO #357

So you don't think MM and I are scum team, but you think your reads, which include is as scum team, are good?

Nahhhhhhhh

-vote Frinckles

This shit don't add up at all. You're talking out of your ass.
    Remember when I said you're not reading my posts?

The category that you were placed in says scum[I]lean[./I] And I made it clear that I found it unlikely for you to be scum together.

You've seen me do this 3 different games now, process of elimination, find who is townier than who etc.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

8. ISO #358

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Also, @Helz , I know you've said you don't believe in pressure votes for participation, but FB and Frinckles have respectively become the #4 and #5 posters in this game since they started getting credible trains.
    I've also been awake since that happened. I tend to post more when I'm awake.

9. ISO #359

10. ISO #360

Remember when I said you're not reading my posts?

The category that you were placed in says scum[I]lean[./I] And I made it clear that I found it unlikely for you to be scum together.

You've seen me do this 3 different games now, process of elimination, find who is townier than who etc.
    Uh huh. Now this is you walking back your confidence in your reads, even though you just said you thought they were good.

11. ISO #361

You were also hypothetically awake 24 hours ago, but now you're posting more!
    I wasn't. I went to sleep around this time yesterday and woke up about 12 hours ago.

12. ISO #362

Frinckles and FrostByte are both voting for the largest train that isn't themselves, and neither of them *started* these trains...

I'm going to look back and see if I find something interesting about this interaction. My first instinct that one of them is scum desperately trying to live.
    Technically I started the FB one on page 1.

13. ISO #363

14. ISO #364

15. ISO #365

16. ISO #366

17. ISO #367

They are good. I found scum (you)
    Your reads being good and you thinking MM and I couldn't be scum team are mutually exclusive. You can't possibly hold both of those beliefs simultaneously.

18. ISO #368

Your reads being good and you thinking MM and I couldn't be scum team are mutually exclusive. You can't possibly hold both of those beliefs simultaneously.
    Putting wolves in a box is always good.

But If you and MM were bussing eachother then I suppose they'd be extra good. big thonk but probably not

19. ISO #369

And I found two townies. (Oberon, Mesk)
    Ah yes, because first post narrowing down TPR pool definitely gets someone a strong town read.

Or is the town read because of "tone"?

20. ISO #370

Putting wolves in a box is always good.

But If you and MM were bussing eachother then I suppose they'd be extra good. big thonk but probably not
    This is a complete sidestep of me pointing out how illogical your current reads are.

21. ISO #371

Ah yes, because first post narrowing down TPR pool definitely gets someone a strong town read.

Or is the town read because of "tone"?
    I'll meta the heck out of mesk this game. It's cool.

Oberon was tone, amongst other things yes. Until he says something whack like he just did but ill keep him town.

22. ISO #372

This is a complete sidestep of me pointing out how illogical your current reads are.
    That's because the only thing you're attempting to do is force a 'gotcha!' off something I literally fucking pointed out.

23. ISO #373

I'll meta the heck out of mesk this game. It's cool.
    So meta is more AI to you than playing toward win condition?

24. ISO #374

That's because the only thing you're attempting to do is force a 'gotcha!' off something I literally fucking pointed out.
    It's not a gotcha at all. You admitting that your reads was shit isn't the issue. The issue you is you continuing to insist that your reads are good when logically they can't be.

25. ISO #375

26. ISO #376

It's cool though, we're crossed and town can decide. Neither of us really gain anything here.
    So you don't wanna keep discussing with me, then? Backing down like a good little bitch?

27. ISO #377

28. ISO #378

Also, @Helz , I know you've said you don't believe in pressure votes for participation, but FB and Frinckles have respectively become the #4 and #5 posters in this game since they started getting credible trains.
    Hit me up post game if you want to dig into theory but I simply believe it was not the votes themselves that created the pressure but rather the voiced intentions of players. At some point yesterday You, Me, Mike, and Marshall all got together and voiced support to lynch a low contribution player and then started focusing on them. While some people projected their intentions with a vote others did so with their voice.

WvW is possible in this situation but a very big part of me does not want to accept the 'All high contributors town and 3/5 low contributors scum' idea. We also have an empty slot in the game and I am growing to believe I would not be willing to lynch Oberon today.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

29. ISO #379

30. ISO #380

Trust me, I am not a big meta person. I hate the shit.

But if Mesks says they got citizen.. yeah why not?
    You're not big on meta but you're willing to take meta over playing toward town's win condition?

You don't make any fucking sense at all.

31. ISO #381

@Frinckles , @FrostByte , how surprised would you be if the other person turned out to be town?
    Quite. The amount of illogical bullshit he's pushing says he has an agenda and the agenda isn't to be logical and help town figure the game out.

32. ISO #382

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    are frinckles and frostbyte bussing each other? wtf
    I am pretty confident they are not teamed from their interactions
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

33. ISO #383

So you don't wanna keep discussing with me, then? Backing down like a good little bitch?
    Transcend Town: MM
    Town: Oberon, Mesk
    Townlean: Mattzed
    Null: Helz, Mike, DM
    Scum: Frostbyte

I FIXED MY READS LIST!!

34. ISO #384

Transcend Town: MM
    Town: Oberon, Mesk
    Townlean: Mattzed
    Null: Helz, Mike, DM
    Scum: Frostbyte

I FIXED MY READS LIST!!
    Cool story, more town points grabbing, unhelpful, theatrical bullshit.

35. ISO #385

36. ISO #386

Hit me up post game if you want to dig into theory but I simply believe it was not the votes themselves that created the pressure but rather the voiced intentions of players. At some point yesterday You, Me, Mike, and Marshall all got together and voiced support to lynch a low contribution player and then started focusing on them. While some people projected their intentions with a vote others did so with their voice.

WvW is possible in this situation but a very big part of me does not want to accept the 'All high contributors town and 3/5 low contributors scum' idea. We also have an empty slot in the game and I am growing to believe I would not be willing to lynch Oberon today.
    For what it's worth, I think all the high contributors are town, but not *because* they're high contributors. It's simply how much I relate to their reasoning, how much they're pushing pro-town discussion, and how I'm not noticing faked over/under confidence in their reads. You feel a lot different to me this game, (a real pro-town spirit as opposed to trying to sit on the town/scum fence) and I could probably ISO to confirm it if you were remotely on the chopping block today.

37. ISO #387

How does that get me town points? I will get some when you die but I dont think that list quite does it.
    If I flip today you're gonna be a hard scumread.

Posting a readwall is the easiest way to get town points. You should know, you do it literally every game and it's literally never helpful.

38. ISO #388

I've gotten bitched at the last 3 games in a row for refusing to readwall, and I was town every time. I've explained how unhelpful it is every time but people don't listen.

39. ISO #389

@Frinckles , @FrostByte , how surprised would you be if the other person turned out to be town?
    Never understood why people posed this question in games but I'd probably be like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scum has been very straightforward lately it seems. I've seen more scum pick at something insignificant like a 'friends list' and try to run with it. This is no different.

40. ISO #390

For what it's worth, I think all the high contributors are town, but not *because* they're high contributors. It's simply how much I relate to their reasoning, how much they're pushing pro-town discussion, and how I'm not noticing faked over/under confidence in their reads. You feel a lot different to me this game, (a real pro-town spirit as opposed to trying to sit on the town/scum fence) and I could probably ISO to confirm it if you were remotely on the chopping block today.
    To be clear, when I say "the high contributors," I mean me+Mike+Helz+MM, even though it's been a long time since that was the top list. (FB is #3 now)

41. ISO #391

Never understood why people posed this question in games but I'd probably be like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scum has been very straightforward lately it seems. I've seen more scum pick at something insignificant like a 'friends list' and try to run with it. This is no different.
    I picked at your friends list as town because it looked like you were trying to pocket people. This is different. This is significantly less nitpicky because you're significantly more full of shit.

42. ISO #392

I've gotten bitched at the last 3 games in a row for refusing to readwall, and I was town every time. I've explained how unhelpful it is every time but people don't listen.
    Understanding what people believe and how it changes over time is plenty helpful unless one intends on making a shitload of posts scattered through the thread. Its concise, then you ask questions but nobody is forcing you to.

43. ISO #393

Understanding what people believe and how it changes over time is plenty helpful unless one intends on making a shitload of posts scattered through the thread. Its concise, then you ask questions but nobody is forcing you to.
    Posting a readwall with no explanations is lazy and ultimately unhelpful. If someone wants to know your read on someone they're gonna ask your read on someone.

44. ISO #394

As I said before it bothers me that you look at that difference to indicate I must be town when last game the setup and my role both required me to sit on the town/scum fence. I have flat out told you this is my Obvious Town style as well as that I play it as scum; but you keep insisting that it means I am town making me question if you have an informed perspective and know that I am very likely to be town.

45. ISO #395

Posting a readwall with no explanations is lazy and ultimately unhelpful. If someone wants to know your read on someone they're gonna ask your read on someone.
    By the way, I was ASKED to post my reads by Mattzed so stop calling it an attempt for towncred, that makes no sense. And my explanations were on the same page.

This is why I said you weren't even reading my posts and once again, it's true.

46. ISO #396

Proof that you're overselling your confidence in your reads, then.

MY READS ARE GOOD MY READS ARE GOOD MY READS ARE GOOD MY READS ARE GOOD
    IF MY ONLY SCUMREAD FLIPPED THOUGH I'D BE LIKE OH WELL WHOOPS HEH

47. ISO #397

48. ISO #398

As I said before it bothers me that you look at that difference to indicate I must be town when last game the setup and my role both required me to sit on the town/scum fence. I have flat out told you this is my Obvious Town style as well as that I play it as scum; but you keep insisting that it means I am town making me question if you have an informed perspective and know that I am very likely to be town.
    That game required everyone except Frinckles to fencesit but people don't like to use their brains

49. ISO #399

Proof that you're overselling your confidence in your reads, then.

MY READS ARE GOOD MY READS ARE GOOD MY READS ARE GOOD MY READS ARE GOOD
    IF MY ONLY SCUMREAD FLIPPED THOUGH I'D BE LIKE OH WELL WHOOPS HEH
    Your first interaction towards me was basically "these aren't good enough!" so I'm entitled to say yes they are.

50. ISO #400

And then you posted reads with no thought in them whatsoever.

MattZed was happy with a bullshit answer, still doesn't mean it wasn't a bullshit answer.