[Approved Experimental] S-FM Last Hope (14P) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM Last Hope (14P)

Quote Originally Posted by Eight View Post
    When is this setup going to be approved? I am excessively anticipating this FM game in enthusiasm!
    Auwt, you're famous! Alright, alright lol, I obey!

I've talked with Lumi, and we've come to the conclusion the Terrible Prophet may be a little too powerful, especially if leveled up early. Here is the suggestion we've came up with to make the role more balanced:
    - Make the target know his death has been "predicted" (i.e. the target is aware they will die if they are not protected)
    - Make the ability 2 charges. If the two charges are healed, the Terrible Prophet gains another charge. This happens until he actually kills someone.

@Lumi thoughts on the Templar, btw? It's cool, especially when leveled up (it can even be VERY cool!), it's golden... but I feel like it introduces a lot of instability with little actual benefits. @Auwt if there's something I'm missing, please bring it up ^^
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; August 3rd, 2022 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Making paragraphs
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #52

I'm sheeping the recommendation for the Terrible Prophet.

As for the Templar I was thinking to reduce the amount of wincon it is having, though I like the aspect of chaos it could provide to the game.
    Removing a possible team between the Templar and the Shadows seems to be the easiest imo.

Some other roles that are subject to change are :

- Water Magus (not sure of the impact it could have)
    - Glorious Master (probably a nerf to make sure they are not unkillable, while remaining their ability to not level down)
    - Templar (weakening regarding wincon, possibly adding another level/step where it can simply not win at this level?)

- Adding 1 or 2 extra Village role(s).
    Last edited by Auwt; August 3rd, 2022 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

3. ISO #53

Removing that pro-Shadow wincon does indeed help making it less of a "I help you until I 100 % don't" game for the Templar, although it remains a kingmaker if it does choose to play as a survivor (which is why survivors are generally not very liked, as far as I can tell).

Good points about the Water Magus & all.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #54

Those are the changes :

* Water Magus (Investigation)(LVL 3)
    Target a player at night. The waves will notify you about any change that may happen to your target's level during that night (increasing,decreasing,unchanged).

* Reaching the 3rd level as a Templar will end the game.

* Glorious Master (Utility) (LVL 2)
    Choose to reveal at night to be publicly announced at the start of the day to be a Glorious Master.
    Your vote count will be set to 2.
    You can be downgraded to a lower level, but your role won't change.
    You can still be killed by reaching LVL 0.

You are a unique role.

The Council : Be upgraded to level 3.
    OR
    Get lynched before level 2.
    OR
    Enter in a 1v1 tie situation against the Village or the Shadows.
    (No longer possible win with the Shadows)

Those are some new roles (I feel like they are op somehow though) :

Armorsmith (Protection) (LVL 1)
    Target a player at night. You will provide them a vest that prevent any level change.
    Your target can only wear that vest by the start of the next night, they can also decide not to wear it and keep it for future nights.
    Whenever your target decides to put on this vest, you then become a Blacksmith

(subject to change, if you have any idea of what could fit in a better way)

Blacksmith (Utility) (LVL 2)
    Target a player at night, you will provide them a boost in speed changing the position of his role to get 1st place in the OoO.
    Whenever your boost is having a significant impact on the game (i.e someone's death prevented, someone else killed, anything that would have happen differently if your action did not take place...) you become a Selfish Levelsmith.

(i like this one, but balance?)

Selfish Levelsmith (Utility) (LVL 3)
    Once in the game, swap two players' levels with each other.
    You will die in the process if you don't target yourself.

Their roles will be adapted to their newly changed level.
    LVL0 : Villager or DEAD (if they cant be Villager).
    LVL1 : The LVL1 version of their role, or if Vilager, can decide a LVL1 Hero role.
    LVL2+ : The LVL2 version of their role, or if Villager, can decide a LVL1 Hero role.
    Roles that are immune to level changes are unaffected by your swap.
    Trying to swap with one of those roles would result in a fail, and your death.

(balance likely needed)
    Last edited by Auwt; August 13th, 2022 at 11:03 AM.
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

5. ISO #55

I'll bump this here with what I already wrote on Discord:

- What makes you fear the Blacksmith would require balancing? It feels interesting, and perhaps even a little weak, but fair enough (especially considering it's level 2).

- Same question for the Levelsmith: it's straightforward enough, not too highly powerful as it does not increase the amount of levels town has, but also potentially very useful.

- What happens if the Armorsmith gets leveled down, and then, once he's a simple villager, someone wears his vest? Does he level up? This would need to be specified (to me, it feels like a bit of a mechanics abuse to let that happen).

- At this point, the Templar is really a pure evil third party, right? This makes sense - it also adds swinginess, though, and I don't know if that is really what you want.

- Nice water magus change.

If you want to discuss changes on Discord, I'm still open, btw!

6. ISO #56

So I kept the roles main idea, while adding more info related to Armorsmith, as previously stated on Discord.

Armorsmith (Protection) (LVL 1)
    Target a player at night. You will provide them a vest that prevent ANY level change (e.g. increasing,decreasing)
    Your target can only wear that vest by the start of the next night, they can also decide not to wear it and keep it for future nights.
    The vest does not count as a night action, and can therefore be used alongside a night action.
    Whenever your target decides to put on this vest AND if you still are Armorsmith, you then become a Blacksmith.

I believe this wraps up the setup (at least until it's getting hosted lol).
    Last edited by Auwt; September 2nd, 2022 at 10:02 AM.