People asked me to make a thread about the experience I have with mismoderation. Well, here it is.
Back in 2017 (?) when I signed up I used an email address that had my first and last names in it; someone found my Facebook (I’m 99% sure of this), that someone was a red. I will not reveal who it was, merely that it was tough as hell to get them demoted or anything. I submitted a report to someone who was higher up but they in turn had no authority and had to submit a report themselves - nothing came of it.

On a slightly conspiracy theory note, there is some indication the person in question used powers to IP check people in games they were already in, and some (rumours, more or less), that they also checked people’s emails.

The other problem that I referred was when I was briefly FM Moderator. We (another moderator and I) saw evidence of extreme toxicity coming from a certain player in S-FM Magellan (a game i was the host of). Now, I made several mistakes along the way, chiefly telling people in dead chat the player in question would be infracted. But the real problem in this scenario was the fact that the person in question kept trying to insulr me to stir a negative response - and staff did absolutely nothing about this. I was left to endure an extremely stressful attack by that player (relentless, they would follow me around the site and shit) all by myself - all the while while people on staff were urging me to apologize, which I disagrees with because I felt I had nothing to apologize for. I eventually quit the site over this. To add insult to injury, the other moderator I mentioned actually reached the same conclusion indepedently of myself - but that waa rarely if ever mentioned.

There are other problems I can think of off the top if my head. Frog was given an unlimited duration infraction for ragequittung (they ragequit over insults, I myswlf have gotten them to RQ once). which I think is absurd and extremely harsh given that Frog is both a pretty good player and nowhere near as toxic as some other people who havent been given an infraction. Note that Frog actually never received a warning about his repeated RQs and may not have known about the rule for ragequitting, as up until that point, it had very rarely been applied. I dont think I saw anyone getting infracted over it in over 2 years.

One other problem is IMO efe getting greylisted. I will talk about that a bit more later.