Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 79
  1. #1

    Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Firstly, I would like to say that I am not here to seek being unbanned; however, given the history and strong opinions each of us has about each other, I find it essential to say my peace. Marshmallow Marshall has hidden behind other staff members to appear unbiased, although I already know he pretty much just said "post this" about the situation.
    Before he says, "oh well, Deathworlds made the post because it included other infractions," have some balls to do it yourself since your ridiculousness shouldn't be cast upon Deathworlds as well.

    As a member of this community for several years and a participant of FM, I find it important to host a game every few years. Since returning, I have not hosted yet played in several games; therefore, it was time to host myself. Unfortunately, in haste, I made a hosting error. However, it is important to note that Marshmallow Marshall had messaged me saying,
    Also, I'm not against making peace. Not saying we will or should be friends lol, but we could at least stop being in conflict at this point.
    Anyways, to rectify the situation, I proposed potentially applying the vest I had missed on Frinckles if he escaped the noose and was attacked. Marshmallow Marshall agreed to this, and said I shouldn't tell anyone.
    okay, maybe he has a chance
    idk if the players should be made aware of this tho
    because it's definetly strange for them atm, and if Frinckles actually gets to have his vest, the SK will be very much confused
    I explained that as the host, I specifically said I have total discretion to which he said,
    I mean, it's... strongly implied, but sure your call as host abotu how you manage that, was just suggesting
    Deeming it acceptable to bend the setup rules in favour of his faction to correct the error.
    This is what I deemed fair for all parties, as the host. It happens sometimes that host errors are made, as we are human and, well... human error. However, the error was not out of malice or hate; it was merely just an error. I have played my fair share of games where host errors are made and go uncorrected. When host errors go uncorrected or left as is, unfortunately, it may be unfair for some parties. There has never been anyone punished on this site for making a human error, as that would be deemed ridiculous because it is. In this case, Frinckles did not escape the noose and was lynched. As the host, I recognized that it would be unfair for the remaining neutral. Therefore I decided since Frinckles didn't escape the noose, the remaining flips wouldn't be shown.

    Again, the intention here was not malice, nor destructive, and virtually had little to no influence, but was a judgment made in the interest of fairness. Anyone within the game who had messaged me regarding this was answered with an apology and an explanation about how I was attempting to rectify the error. Not one person complained directly to me or shared their feelings about how they felt it was unfair.

    Erm, what are you doing with the Frinckles flip lol? I got complaints that you... didn't flip someone in a game with flips
    And if it may interest you, you even were reported for not following the setup earlier...
    You're gonna have a riot if you don't fix that
    Not one person rioted or said anything directly to me expressing feelings of unfair treatment.

    I said
    Lmfao I really don't care
    It's not a ladder game
    And zedus can literally shut up
    Lol
    I cant be reported for a hosting error
    You see, it is absolutely ridiculous to report someone for human error and should go unfounded. So I did not care who reported me about my mistake because it was an honest mistake.

    I cannot confirm or deny who reported you but there was more than one person who complained
    and ladder game or not, you're supposed to respect the setup and not intentionally morph this into a flipless without telling your players...
    i honestly don't care about you announcing my death, it was an honest mistake lol
    But literally not flipping people in a normal setup is a no-no
    now people cannot know if mafia still exists
    His view of intentionally morphing this into a flipless without telling players was wrong. While intentional, yes, but only to make it fair for the remaining players. Anyone who had asked was told the situation, and as the host, I deemed it fair to respond to anyone who asked. I felt no need to go out of my way to tell people who had messaged me "OMG YOU MADE A MISTAKE YOURE SUCH A BAD HOST YOU RUINED THE GAME" when the original error was made, as that sort of disrespect doesn't warrant my time.

    What are you going to do
    ???
    Ban me from hosting another setup?
    Zedus can suck a dick and Oberon was going to die
    The others are fine as I spoke to them
    So it's okay
    So you can kindly take the "respecting the set up", and shove it up your ass
    With a game filled with personal insults and stupidity, not one person respected me as the host. So to say I must respect the setup, in a game where respect is thrown out of the window, was just... ridiculous.

    Clearly, he didn't like my response. However, you can not big dick me when you have no dick. I was mentioned in the moderation thread for being placed on hold. I had messaged Deathworlds to grow a pair, knowing it wasn't him who came up with this idea, and to post the ridiculous reasoning as to why I was being placed for having an on-hold infraction. I was then banned from hosting, lol.

    There are no rules that stipulate I must respect a moderator outside of the forums. Basically, claiming I went out of my way to ruin my own game and infringe upon other player's experience is unfounded. There was no such thing. It was a correction to an error. An error that was deemed alright to fix, as long as it benefitted his faction.

    This idea of punishing someone for rectifying an error goes against the system's integrity and shows the bias of one's feelings towards the host. Not only that, but allowing corrections to be made in your favour, but not others, is "a no-no."

    With all that being said, I have concluded that Marshmallow Marshall should take his "Therefore Mesk514 is henceforth banned from hosting games due to intentionally and avoidably not following the setup by not making players flip anymore at some point of the game. Note that although the ban is unlimited in lenght, we are not closed to appeals in the non-immediate future" and shove it up his ass


    *i am not suggesting MM is a horrible moderator/person, corrupt, all that stuff people said about me ��. I am merely stating and highlighting how in this case, he was unable to moderate without bias.
    Last edited by Mesk514; November 26th, 2020 at 03:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  2. #2

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    I was actually the one who complained about Frincklesí role not flipping. My problem wasnít so much the vest error as much as the message you posted when Frinckles got lynched. ĎNo clue what he wasí. Itís surely not that difficult to check lol... I donít see how this can be a hosting error; itís just laziness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  3. #3

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    As for the first quote you posted, I’ve known MM for over 2 years and I highly doubt he would say that to you unprovoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  4. #4

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    As for the first quote you posted, Iíve known MM for over 2 years and I highly doubt he would say that to you unprovoked.
    KBYE11/10/2018
    .... do you have the power
    ..... to maybe
    ...........erson_facepalming:
    Unban me
    Marshmallow Marshall11/10/2018
    I can facepalm, yes
    I'm sorry, Dave, but I'm afraid I cannot do that.
    KBYE11/10/2018
    Thats Mr.Dave to you
    Marshmallow Marshall11/10/2018
    I have no punitive powers :stuck_out_tongue:
    KBYE11/10/2018
    What about the blues...
    What kinda blues are those
    Marshmallow Marshall11/10/2018
    Arrow will do it himself
    lol
    KBYE11/10/2018
    Im special :heart_eyes:
    Marshmallow Marshall11/10/2018
    Yep, throwing such a tantrum as FM head is very special... lol anyway
    KBYE11/10/2018
    See im not a pleb, i'll still have a color
    Marshmallow Marshall11/10/2018
    will it be black? : D
    jk
    KBYE11/10/2018
    Nah
    Marshmallow Marshall11/10/2018
    white then?
    KBYE11/10/2018
    Yellow
    Im a donor
    Marshmallow Marshall11/10/2018
    Golden*
    KBYE11/10/2018
    Your momerson_shrugging:
    Marshmallow Marshall11/10/2018
    My mom isn't a color though
    ; P
    KBYE11/10/2018
    Im mature okay
    Marshmallow Marshall11/10/2018
    mhmmm :wink:
    but yea I cant ban/unbban
    so you'll have to ask someone else
    KBYE11/10/2018
    Ayt thanks
    Marshmallow Marshall10/22/2020
    Hi
    You're next on Mini S-FM Queue with Undercover
    You may post signups whenever you're ready
    KBYE11/04/2020
    https://discord.gg/ARKTK2Nd
    Marshmallow Marshall11/04/2020
    Invalid invite
    KBYE11/05/2020
    https://discord.gg/dkJtJ5hv
    Also what are the tags for setting votes, I forget
    Marshmallow Marshall11/05/2020
    number of votes needed for majority lynch here votes to hammer.
    and
    Marshmallow Marshall11/12/2020
    Are you sure you cannot close (or open) your own threads in the Ongoing FM Games subforum?
    You should be able to: even members with only the standard usergroup can. I just tested it.
    There's an "Administrative" button next to the "Vote Count" button, and when you click on it, there is "Close Thread"
    If you really can't do that, we'll try to fix it
    ~~
    Also, I'm not against making peace. Not saying we will or should be friends lol, but we could at least stop being in conflict at this point.
    KBYE11/12/2020
    Yeah, I figured it out. Took me a few minutes to find it
    Didn't think I could reopen in, why i never closed it
    And ok

    you tell me where I provoked him to say that
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  5. #5

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Itís surely not that difficult to check lol... I donít see how this can be a hosting error; itís just laziness.
    Your sheer laziness shows here. Come back to me when you've read it again and formed an educated response.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  6. #6

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Oh wait I didnt realize you talked to people in the game. If thats the case then my bad lol. I feel like a ban from hosting (especially for an indefinite period), isnt justified if everyone agreed to it. Even if you hadnt the ban would’ve been a bit harsh, so maybe an infraction would’ve sufficed.

    Seeing as you did its kind of a moot point, but I apologize for attacking you without fully reading the entire post lololol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  7. #7

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Oh wait I didnt realize you talked to people in the game. If thats the case then my bad lol. I feel like a ban from hosting (especially for an indefinite period), isnt justified if everyone agreed to it. Even if you hadnt the ban wouldíve been a bit harsh, so maybe an infraction wouldíve sufficed.

    Seeing as you did its kind of a moot point, but I apologize for attacking you without fully reading the entire post lololol.
    I appreciate the apology.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  8. #8

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    For more complete context:
    Spoiler : Screenshots of our entire conversation :



    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514
    Before he says, "oh well, Deathworlds made the post because it included other infractions," have some balls to do it yourself since your ridiculousness shouldn't be cast upon Deathworlds as well.
    I mean, that's what happened anyway lol. He wasn't in the game, but I was, so we try to avoid bias as much as possible.

    I'd also like to point out that I posted my thing trying to make peace with you on the 12th. What you were punished for (not flipping people) happened on the 17th. This obviously has nothing to do with the judgment (especially seeing how the judgment involved the entire FM staff for all cases, as every judgment does, so there wouldn't be a vendetta or anything like that). If a vendetta like what you seem to be suggesting was to happen, I'd expect the moderator to be severely reprimanded or straight up demoted; but here, there was no unilateral decision whatsoever, and everyone was asked for their thoughts and listened to so that we would come to an agreement.

    ~~

    Now, into the actual game matter, let's establish something: my death was an honest, human mistake, and this was not taken into account for the punishment (it wasn't in the judgment post either); the punishment is due to the switch to a flipless game, which is not a human error but an intentional and major modification of the setup. But even there, for truth's sake, a few things must be cleaned up.
    I said the exact opposite of "not telling the players": I literally suggested to tell them, because it hadn't been done. I even said not doing it would confuse the players. Also, giving Frinckles the autovest if he survived was not "bending the setup", it was simply keeping the setup's mechanic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Setup
    - One auto vest is shared between both mafia players in the event they are attacked by the Serial Killer. You will not receive feedback should your vest be used.
    ~~

    What resulted in a punishment:
    As I said up there, switching the game to flipless isn't accidental nor unavoidable and hurts the game's integrity (flips being a major part of the game). When I brought that up, the replies were "Lmfao I really don't care", "Zedus can shut up", "It's not a ladder game", and later "Zedus can suck a dick and Oberon was going to die", and "you can kindly take the respecting the setup and shove it up your ass", etc. All of this doesn't exactly strike as the words of someone who got the agreement of everyone ("Zedus can shut up"...) and who cares about game integrity and who had been striving for balance.

    Now, if you're pleading you had the private agreement of your players and no objections (like how hosts proceed to make a requested change mid-game), then it would mean the punishment was based on a communication mistake between staff and you; in such a case, please make a thread with evidence in the Forum Mafia Reports & Appeals section, because you'd have been wrongly punished.


    P.S. "on hold" means "waiting for judgment", sorry if that was unclear.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  11. #11

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    SuperJack in daaaaah hooouse. Love you all<3
    This ought to be the cutest avatar on this site lol
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  12. #12

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    "idk if the players should be made aware of this tho"
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  13. #13

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    To clarify, none of the following actually has anything to do with the punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    "idk if the players should be made aware of this tho"
    I'll grant you this line alone may be ambiguous, but it wasn't alone. The line that comes right after removes any and all forms of ambiguity: "because it's definetly strange for them atm, and if Frinckles actually gets to have his vest, the SK will be very much confused". You cannot honestly think I'm advocating for you to confuse people without telling them why :P. Right after, you even say it isn't specified anywhere when the vest is used, to which I reply "it's... strongly implied, but sure :P your call as a host about how you manage that, was just suggesting", which also implies I was going against the non-reveal, but that you had discretion there (this part of the setup being already compromised by the error, it had to be adapted, and that's where host discretion applies).
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  14. #14

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Was a player... Mesk PMed me and apologized... I told her it was OK and that shit happens. Hosting FM is complicated shit and people make mistakes.

    Personally, I think MM should have been specifically excluded from the entire punishment process instead of just the public facing side considering that A) He has a bad history with Mesk, as evidenced by this thread, and B) he was the player who was mistakenly killed.

    If there is any real indication that deathworlds was influenced by MM in any way whatsoever as far as this punishment situation is concerned then we've got a serious moderation integrity issue.

    As an active member of this now very small community I'd like to hear what @deathworlds has to say about this whole thing.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

  15. #15

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    To clarify, none of the following actually has anything to do with the punishment.


    I'll grant you this line alone may be ambiguous, but it wasn't alone. The line that comes right after removes any and all forms of ambiguity: "because it's definetly strange for them atm, and if Frinckles actually gets to have his vest, the SK will be very much confused". You cannot honestly think I'm advocating for you to confuse people without telling them why :P. Right after, you even say it isn't specified anywhere when the vest is used, to which I reply "it's... strongly implied, but sure :P your call as a host about how you manage that, was just suggesting", which also implies I was going against the non-reveal, but that you had discretion there (this part of the setup being already compromised by the error, it had to be adapted, and that's where host discretion applies).
    I'm honestly not sure why you even weighed in at all. I don't think that was the right call. I think you should've steered clear of the entire situation and remained as a player because there's no way you could come out of this unbiased.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

  16. #16

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Banning someone for making a hosting error in an FM game.....

    I guess I forgot that punishing is the #1 priority...

    What does this punishment actually serve? Unless you believe it was done out of malicious intent than this is only going to hurt the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  17. #17

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    I'm honestly not sure why you even weighed in at all. I don't think that was the right call. I think you should've steered clear of the entire situation and remained as a player because there's no way you could come out of this unbiased.
    The post you're quoting is purely about player-host discussion. As for the moderation part, I can understand your concerns; what I had to clarify myself about private exchanges was clarified, so I'll leave the rest for other staff to comment as they see fit. @deathworlds @AIVION

    And again @Mesk514 , if you believe to have been wrongly punished, make an appeal thread with evidence; if there was a mistake, it will be corrected.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  18. #18

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Banning someone for making a hosting error in an FM game.....

    I guess I forgot that punishing is the #1 priority...

    What does this punishment actually serve? Unless you believe it was done out of malicious intent than this is only going to hurt the community.
    This is the vibe that I'm getting. There's a ton of unspoken accusations and bullshit in this entire dialogue on both sides. MM was the player that was mistakenly allowed to be nightkilled by host. If I was MM, who apparently had a bad history with the host, I might have been understandably fucking PISSED. The question is whether or not this bled into the moderation side of things.

    I legit don't see a world where that didn't happen, regardless of how hard he would've tried to make sure it didn't. I honestly believe MM would have enough integrity to at least try to not take it all personally but there's no way any human being would've remained entirely impartial.
    Last edited by FrostByte; November 26th, 2020 at 03:24 PM. Reason: edited in green for clarity of perceived intent
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

  19. #19

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    The post you're quoting is purely about player-host discussion.
    @Mesk514 which dead players did you discuss the specifics of the game with after the game got borked?
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

  20. #20

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    This is some american justice system shit right here.

    If we're going to ban people for making host errors I should be, like, fucking permabanned from ever playing FM again. Mesk made a judgement call, as she is allowed to do as host. You disagreed with that judgement call as a player? That's fine. But it's impossible for you to be objective in a ruling about it.

    Let's not punish people for making an honest error here. From an outside perspective it absolutely looks like you're punishing Mesk because of the fact that she told you go to stick your ruling up your ass.

    Can we also acknowledge the fact that MM shared details of an anonymous report with the person who was reported? What good could come of telling Mesk that someone definitely not zedus reported her?

    EDIT: And yes, this was MM's ruling.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; November 24th, 2020 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Added the Mesk judgement.
    EDIT 2: Off the top of my head here's a list of players that should be banned following the decision to ban mesk for a host error.
    Me (twice? thrice?)
    Martin
    Oberon
    AIVION (three times from separate errors in ?krc, or one time if you count the game as a single instance)
    Mike (for revealing host information to me before the conclusion of the game)

    If you want to ban players for making errors then you should've been banned during your first game when you posted a thread asking how to access your scum night chat.

    Anyone else want to fess up?
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; November 26th, 2020 at 04:00 PM. Reason: BBBBBBB
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    congrats you're an inspiration to pedophiles everywhere
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  21. #21

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Honestly I reread this again and I legit dont see anything bad with what Mesk did. MM punished Mesk for not revealing the flips but Mesk says she did it in the interest of restoring a sort of balance to the game after the Mafia got screwed over by MMís death. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me ~~

    I think this is just a case of miscommunication? I also assumed that it was pure laziness on Meskís part at first (I also said as much here), so its not unlikely that staff did as well. I am unbiased whereas MM is, so...

    I do still think a ban wouldíve been excessive even if the intent was malicious. Maybe a severe warning? Theres only like, what, 15 people on this website and theres a few people who wouldnt want Mesk banned (like Helz), so why ban? Just issue a warning and move on. Its not PTB levels of aggression that would genuinely require intervention. And honestly I have no idea why PTB hasnt been banned yet. That fucker is the most toxic piece of shit Iíve ever come across online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  22. #22

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    I think Staff are a little too quick to ban/infract people who dont deserve it... Frog is another example that comes to mind that I regret because I participated in it myself. Frog has a 9 point infraction for an indefinite period that is lifted only if he plays, I think 3 games, without ragequitting. I suggested that because I felt like that was the best deal I was going to get for Frog since everyone else wanted him banned. Just saying, staff should be more forgiving... only deal with shit that players cant deal with. Given that the people who talked to Mesk were okay with zero flips in this game, staff didnt need to intervene.

    One other thing I strongly disagree with (I actually brought it up when I was Moderator, but nobody agreed with me), is Efe being on the graylist. Efe made games fun even if chaotic even if he could be quite frustrating at times.

    The deeper issue is that staff donít really seem capable of dealing with toxicity where it occurs (e.g. PTB - like I said PTB is still fucking unbanned, whereas Frog and Efe are practically banned from playing games), and instead only infract people who Ďwont fight back. I dont think this is necessarily out of malice but more likely out of cowardice. Its also why I decided to yeet my account. I fucked up but absolutely nobody on FM staff had my back. Iím actually glad Iím no longer staff lol. That was the most stressful period of this entire website for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  23. #23

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    FWIW I don't want to take any side, but both parties have some good and bad points from what I'm understanding.
    We are certainly not on a forum to bother ourselves, more that sharing good time with each other.
    The related FM was not a ranked one, still I get it can be frustrating but we're all human in here;
    And I guess everyone can make mistake (and i know what I'm talking about lol).
    I believe we could try to find a common ground instead of running for punishment or attacks on the "inability to moderate without bias", no ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by Scvmurderer View Post
    I havnt seen a mafiaz member in a long time. I think they're dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

  24. #24

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    I disagree with what yiu said. There are definitely issues with moderation on this website, itís why thereís only 15 people here at any given time =)
    Not necessarily bias, but more likely cowardice, like I said.
    Theres also issues with people abusing Red privs to do shit like IP check people/looking up peopleís emails (I was a victim of the latter), and just in general all-around admin abuse. There are honestly many issues with admin overreach on this site and its not limited to the FM staff.

    If anyone wants to discuss further I can make a separate thread/talk via PMs about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  25. #25

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I disagree with what yiu said. There are definitely issues with moderation on this website, itís why thereís only 15 people here at any given time =)
    Not necessarily bias, but more likely cowardice, like I said.
    Theres also issues with people abusing Red privs to do shit like IP check people/looking up peopleís emails (I was a victim of the latter), and just in general all-around admin abuse. There are honestly many issues with admin overreach on this site and its not limited to the FM staff.

    If anyone wants to discuss further I can make a separate thread/talk via PMs about it.
    You may have legitimate concerns, but let's try not to make this thread a "let's discuss every issue the mods have ever had" thread. It's unfair on the mods, and it's also more productive to just focus on getting to the bottom of whether mesk received a fair ruling.

    I recognise you're already angling for that in this post anyway, I'm just reiterating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  26. #26

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Anyway, I also agree that it seems like the banning is v harsh overreach caused partially by mesk's abrasive attitude and possibly past issues clouding judgement. FM team is small, overworked and they also all seem to be friends. It's not surprising if they fuck up sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  27. #27

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    You may have legitimate concerns, but let's try not to make this thread a "let's discuss every issue the mods have ever had" thread. It's unfair on the mods, and it's also more productive to just focus on getting to the bottom of whether mesk received a fair ruling.

    I recognise you're already angling for that in this post anyway, I'm just reiterating.
    Youíre right. I wonít bring it up here again. Iím pretty salty about what happened to me, and I guess it shows xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  28. #28

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    I do agree this seems like a mistake on (I think) MMís part; I donít think MM would try to ban people just because he didnít like them, Iíve known him for quite a while and I doubt he would do that. Its more likely an issue of miscommunication, since, like I said, I also initially attributed Meskís decision not to reveal flips to malice.

    I donít think MM was trying to do anything Ďwrongí in this context but I do feel like a mixture of miscommunication and bias contributed to this infraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  29. #29

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Anyway, I also agree that it seems like the banning is v harsh overreach caused partially by mesk's abrasive attitude and possibly past issues clouding judgement. FM team is small, overworked and they also all seem to be friends. It's not surprising if they fuck up sometimes
    For sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  30. #30

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    For sure.
    Yeah. If you read mesk's msgs in the discord it can easily be interpreted as callously dismissing the game and goading MM to ban her. And I suspect MM at least partially took it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  31. #31

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Yeah. If you read mesk's msgs in the discord it can easily be interpreted as callously dismissing the game and goading MM to ban her. And I suspect MM at least partially took it that way.
    That's how I interpreted them and I was in the game ^^ I actually was the one who asked MM to look into the flips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  32. #32

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    I'm saying the following as a prominent host first, FM staff second.

    I am of the belief that there's a etiquette to hosting, a sort of unspoken code of hosts, to try and facilitate an enjoyable experience to the players.
    Hosting in my eyes is supposed to be a selfless act, after all, you're forgoing the opportunity to play something you designed, and putting in a lot of work to try and make all the magic behind the scenes work. Hosting S-FM Insanity and Insanity 2.0 were some of the hardest things I've done for this site, there is a lot of things to keep track of, much more so than what is required for a player, hell as a player you're more or less only obligated to read and post every now and then. Hosting is hard.
    From the things that were presented to me, both through my reading of the game, and conversations presented to me outside of the game, I came to the conclusion that Mesk betrayed that ethos. As a host, one should make sure that all actions the host does is in line with the setup / what is presented to the players. There is a reason why for hidden setups, the authors are required to present a full setup to FM-Staff, as I did for S-FM ???? more than three years ago. It's to ensure that it's not going to be a shitshow of a game for the players, and that the setup creator isn't just making stuff up as they go along.

    If any changes to the setup were made by Mesk, she should have been upfront about them, instead she wasn't and didn't particularly care about the "mistakes", at least as far as I was aware. That's the primary reason why I agreed that some form of punishment was necessary.

    Should Mesk believe there is anything wrong with our judgement, she is more than welcome to make an appeal. I hold no ill will towards her, and attempt to be as partial as possible when it comes to my judgements.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  33. #33

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    This is already an appeal, deathworlds. Mesk may not have called it as such but it has all the attributes of an appeal. It's an explanation of why Mesk feels she doesn't deserve the ban. That's an appeal.

    also, Mesk did not violate that ethos:

    1. Mesk accidentally disabled the Mafia's bulletproof vest and flipped MM anyways. This is something everyone is capable of doing and is a simple mistake. Mesk even PM'd me (after I died) to apologize for MM's flip and even addressed the flip post-game and apologized for it.
    2. Since the Mafia were at a severe disadvantage that they did not expect, Mesk decided not to reveal the other two flips so as to give the Mafia an advantage that they lost and bring back some form of balance to the setup. Also, you said that 'Mesk broke that ethos' but then your later comments have nothing to do with something unethical; fucking up night actions/flips/whatever isn't necessarily unethical. I believe Mesk gave a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why she decided not to flip. We even have one person here who confirmed they OK'd Mesk's decision not to reveal flips.

    "If any changes were made to setup"
    Except MM literally advised her NOT to reveal the hosting error. If she can't reveal the hosting error how can she reveal the decision to hide flips?
    Last edited by Oberon; November 26th, 2020 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  34. #34

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    This is already an appeal.................
    No, appeals are done through the proper channels
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  35. #35

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Wait I missed this when I initially received this (from Mesk) when I died:
    At this point I'm just trying to keep it running while fair. After all, I hosted it for fun!

    so pretty much exactly what Mesk said she did. kept it fair by not revealing flips.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  36. #36

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Wait I missed this when I initially received this (from Mesk) when I died:
    At this point I'm just trying to keep it running while fair. After all, I hosted it for fun!

    so pretty much exactly what Mesk said she did. kept it fair by not revealing flips.

    At this point you've done everything except use quote tags to quote something.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    congrats you're an inspiration to pedophiles everywhere
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  37. #37

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Once again, there is NO reason why a ban has to be the default decision made when an error happens.

    Mesk made a judgement call on how to balance it after the mistake, and I 100% understand where she's coming from in her decision to hide the flips because mafia would have been in a even worse situation than they were without not having the vest being used.

    I will state this again because it's being largely ignored, but if you don't think that she did it purposefully, there's literally no reason to ban her. All you're doing is discouraging people from hosting in the future. Mistakes happen, and trying to fix a mistake in a game shouldn't be getting her banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  38. #38

  39. #39

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    I'm going to start with this, as it is pretty much the last time I want to say anything on this topic. While this carries all the elements of an appeal, it is not an appeal, which is why it's in the general discussion section. It is clear Marshmallow Marshall didn't appreciate me telling him to shove his shit where it belongs. Appeals are done privately and usually require the offender to have some sort of remorse accompanied by an apology. While I sincerely feel bad, the game was affected by the error, I stand by my judgement to not flip the remaining players. The decision to not reveal the last remaining roles was based on the fact that Zedus had reported me for not following the setup, and I acknowledge the error did impact the fairness for his faction. So no, I don't feel the need to apologize to any moderator and ask for forgiveness. I also don't host; that's really the most hilarious part of this all.

    I requested to be put in the queue months earlier and had to push it back multiple times due to my schedule. MM offered to remove me from the queue and said I could be put back on when I had a little more time, but by the time it was my turn again, I had some time to spare. If anyone would think that I would waste my time hosting a game to go out of my to ruin it when I could have signed for Auwt's game, that looks a hell of a lot more fun than mine was, would be beyond wrong.

    I'm not going to rebuttal the discussion MM, and I had over the original way to rectify the situation as that was clearly some sort of miscommunication. I did take it as if we were both in agreement to not publicly share the decision to apply the vest to the second mafioso if attacked. However, that really has very little to do with anything.

    "Zedus can literally shut up" and, "Zedus can suck a dick" stems from the fact that he reported me for a genuine hosting error. An error I went out of my way to attempt to rectify as I did agree that this error affected his faction. So any report from him is invalid, and therefore.... yeah, he can suck my dick. This attempt to salvage what was left did not warrant an explanation to MM, nor any dead player. It was between myself and the remaining players.

    "If any changes to the setup were made by Mesk, she should have been upfront about them, instead she wasn't and didn't particularly care about the "mistakes", at least as far as I was aware. That's the primary reason why I agreed that some form of punishment was necessary.
    The fact that this was said just says it all. Every person who was affected by this received an apology and explanation from me. Deathworlds, it is clear you took what was told to you and agreed with it without further investigation, and that itself goes against the ethos of being a moderator with the ability to judge and punish others.

    The point is here, MM wanted to prove me wrong. He can ban me from hosting over a genuine error simply because he has the power to.



    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Biden View Post
    I am president elect Joe Biden and I do not approve this ban.
    Also, I'm extremely flattered.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  40. #40

  41. #41

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I disagree with what yiu said. There are definitely issues with moderation on this website, itís why thereís only 15 people here at any given time =)
    Not necessarily bias, but more likely cowardice, like I said.
    Theres also issues with people abusing Red privs to do shit like IP check people/looking up peopleís emails (I was a victim of the latter), and just in general all-around admin abuse. There are honestly many issues with admin overreach on this site and its not limited to the FM staff.

    If anyone wants to discuss further I can make a separate thread/talk via PMs about it.
    Please make a separate thread.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  42. #42

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Please make a separate thread.
    @Oberon yeah please do I'm curious about what happened and your thoughts on site moderation

    I think this type of shit makes it clear that we need to make some changes in site moderation
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

  43. #43

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald J. Trump View Post
    FAKE NEWS!!!

    IF ALL THE VALID VOTES WERE COUNTED, I WOULD HAVE WON IN A LANDSLIDE!!!
    Who the fuck are you
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  44. #44

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    @Oberon yeah please do I'm curious about what happened and your thoughts on site moderation

    I think this type of shit makes it clear that we need to make some changes in site moderation
    alright
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    Naz will die, i can promise you this, i visited there home, i shared the wealth, placed my book on their nightstand and said every man a king 3 times so they will die from my glorious contagion of my political program
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    You sure you dont want to lynch Voss again? he may flip scum this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    mags my highest townread and i think hes scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Yeah I donít read or care to that much. I just vote correctly and thatís that.

  45. #45

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Once again, there is NO reason why a ban has to be the default decision made when an error happens.

    Mesk made a judgement call on how to balance it after the mistake, and I 100% understand where she's coming from in her decision to hide the flips because mafia would have been in a even worse situation than they were without not having the vest being used.

    I will state this again because it's being largely ignored, but if you don't think that she did it purposefully, there's literally no reason to ban her. All you're doing is discouraging people from hosting in the future. Mistakes happen, and trying to fix a mistake in a game shouldn't be getting her banned.
    I know I said I was stepping away from the thread, but I'm pretty sure everyone can agree on what I'm about to say. Punishments happen when the intent behind the action being judged is reasonably deemed to be malicious. This case was no exception, and the verdict was based on the assumption that malicious intent was indeed the cause of the events. If we were to ban people for making genuine errors, we'd be banning the entire site, myself included.

    Leaving the rest up to the rest of FM staff. I simply thought this was in dire need of clarification, @Unknown1234 .
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  46. #46

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Punishments happen when the intent behind the action being judged is reasonably deemed to be malicious. This case was no exception, and the verdict was based on the assumption that malicious intent was indeed the cause of the events.
    I too said I was gonna step away, but this is a very helmet worthy quote
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  47. #47

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I know I said I was stepping away from the thread, but I'm pretty sure everyone can agree on what I'm about to say. Punishments happen when the intent behind the action being judged is reasonably deemed to be malicious. This case was no exception, and the verdict was based on the assumption that malicious intent was indeed the cause of the events. If we were to ban people for making genuine errors, we'd be banning the entire site, myself included.

    Leaving the rest up to the rest of FM staff. I simply thought this was in dire need of clarification, @Unknown1234 .
    I think there is absolutely no evidence that any of this was done with malicious intent and would love to see how you came to that conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    congrats you're an inspiration to pedophiles everywhere
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  48. #48

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I think there is absolutely no evidence that any of this was done with malicious intent and would love to see how you came to that conclusion.
    This times a million.

    Holy fuck where is the evidence?
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

  49. #49

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I know I said I was stepping away from the thread, but I'm pretty sure everyone can agree on what I'm about to say. Punishments happen when the intent behind the action being judged is reasonably deemed to be malicious. This case was no exception, and the verdict was based on the assumption that malicious intent was indeed the cause of the events. If we were to ban people for making genuine errors, we'd be banning the entire site, myself included.

    Leaving the rest up to the rest of FM staff. I simply thought this was in dire need of clarification, @Unknown1234 .
    This is the type of shit that ruins entire communities
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

  50. #50

    Re: Marshmallow Marshall's inability to moderate without bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I think there is absolutely no evidence that any of this was done with malicious intent and would love to see how you came to that conclusion.
    I'm sorry MM my boy but I concur with Stealth here

    I don't believe (from my knowledge) there is any evidence of malicious intent from Mesk in this situation.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •