Super Basic Redemption (9P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Cool Super Basic Redemption (9P)

Super Basic Redemption

Link to original Game

This setup is a 9 player setup. You will be given a name and a role. The name will be picked by the player when you sign and role will be RNG. The name will be picked and role Will be RNGed. This game is just to put out a basic setup with a fun flavor.

Host reserves Cyan

Here's the roles list/setup
    Mafioso
    Consort

Sheriff
    Doctor
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Here are the anon accounts.
    1. S-FM-PowersThatBe
    2. S-FM-yzb25
    3. S-FM-Distorted
    4. S-FM-MarshMallow Marshall
    5. S-FM-Light_Yagami
    6. S-FM-Mike
    7. S-FM-Magoroth
    8. S-FM-Stealthbomber16
    9. S-FM-Aivion

The Rules that will be in the game:
    Same as the Original setup with
    1. 10 min posts a day.
    2. Do not be hostile trying to repeat the the old game.
    3. Do not disrespect the players or player names you may have been RNGed. (Just have fun and make it fun for all).
    4. This is Plurality/ Majority.
    5. 48/24 HR Day night
    6. If you are afraid of getting a name you don't like DONT SIGN!!!.
    7. Suicides are not allowed.
    8. Skips are allowed.
    9. DN and LW are not allowed

Link to original setup
    Also posted below is that setup in a Quote from that page link. open the Spoiler :
    Spoiler : “Old setup” :
    Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    S-FM Super Basic :

Mafioso
    Consort

Sheriff
    Doctor
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Roles :

Mafioso :
    - Target someone during night to attack them, may perform the factional kill.
    - Shares a night chat with the Consort.

Consort :
    - Target someone during night to roleblock them, may perform the factional kill.
    - Shares a night chat with the Mafioso.
    - Upon the death of the Mafioso, the Consort may use the factional kill while roleblocking.

Sheriff :
    - Target someone during night to see if they're a Mafioso or Town.

Doctor :
    - Target someone during night to heal them, preventing them from being killed.
    - If the target is healed, they're informed of being healed but not the Doctor.

Citizen :
    - You're a Citizen.

Order of Actions :
    - Consort
    - Doctor
    - Mafioso & Sheriff

Base Mechanics :
    - Both day and nights last 24 hours.
    - The game starts during Day 1 with Lynch enabled.
    - Actions are performed and night chats are used during night.
    - There's no Last Will here and roles are revealed upon death.

Lynching :
    - Players may use [vote] to vote for a player to be lynched.
    - Only way for a player to get lynched is if the majority of players vote for them. (51%, half rounded up or +1 during no decimals)
    - If players decide to lynch early, the day will remain locked until the intended end of day.

Win Condition :
    - Mafia must either be at majority or at equal number of players as town members.
    - Town must get rid of the Mafia.

Rules :
    - Players must be active. The host determines what active is and what isn't.
    - Gamethrowing is not allowed. (purposely throwing the game so your team loses)
    - Videos are not allowed unless under a spoiler tag, and the video must not have any sort of autoplay.
    - Pictures (still or animated) are allowed in moderation.
    - English is a required language to use. You may joke with a few words, but entire sentences can't be of a different language.
    - Players may not post material from private messages or material from night chats, may it be text or screenshots.
    - To the above rule, Paraphrasing is allowed in the context of feedback and your role, as long it's not gamethrowing.
    - Basic forum rules apply (harassment, excessive bad language, talking about a game during progress, et cetera)
    Last edited by Mike; December 9th, 2020 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Cleaned up the Verbage to make it easier to read.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

2. ISO #2

Re: Super Basic Redemption

Are last wills, death notes, suicides and day skips allowed?

Balance concern: This setup only leaves town 1 mislynch before putting town at LYLO (even if the doctor heals successfully), which creates a hard challenge for town (especially seeing how 5v2 is quite far from the usual ratio of town = 3mafia + 1). I suggest adding a citizen so that the doctor's heal is actually meaningful when it comes to giving town an additional mislynch possibility.

Balance concern: What prevents a citizen from claiming his name early, getting a near-confirmed status (since scum doing this would have 3/5 odds of getting counter-claimed, which would be pretty bad)?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Are last wills, death notes, suicides and day skips allowed?

Balance concern: This setup only leaves town 1 mislynch before putting town at LYLO (even if the doctor heals successfully), which creates a hard challenge for town (especially seeing how 5v2 is quite far from the usual ratio of town = 3mafia + 1). I suggest adding a citizen so that the doctor's heal is actually meaningful when it comes to giving town an additional mislynch possibility.

Balance concern: What prevents a citizen from claiming his name early, getting a near-confirmed status (since scum doing this would have 3/5 odds of getting counter-claimed, which would be pretty bad)?
    Are we changeing all the approved setups? I did not make this setup. yes the set formula would make this a 9 player setup 2 mafia 7 town (2x3=6+1=7 town). Again I am not the one who made this setup. It is in the approved setups. I was ment as a fun goofy setup. only change I made was Adding names to the roles. form the last time it was ran on this site by Aivion. I know we both where in that game. It is a basic setup. does rely on town to use day one not blow day 1. I also changed the 24hr day to 48 hr day. Does me adding the names or changing the 24hr day to 48hr day affect the balance?

So my question is this. We are changing all the Already approved setups? If this is the case please let us who host games know because as fare as we have been told all setups in approved setups are good to go as is.

Lw Dn are not allowed as said in the setup.
    suicides are not allowed.
    skips are allowed.

I also added it to the setup to clear up any misunderstandings.
    Last edited by Mike; November 25th, 2020 at 08:17 AM.

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Are we changeing all the approved setups? I did not make this setup. yes the set formula would make this a 9 player setup 2 mafia 7 town (2x3=6+1=7 town). Again I am not the one who made this setup. It is in the approved setups. I was ment as a fun goofy setup. only change I made was Adding names to the roles. form the last time it was ran on this site by Aivion. I know we both where in that game. It is a basic setup. does rely on town to use day one not blow day 1. I also changed the 24hr day to 48 hr day. Does me adding the names or changing the 24hr day to 48hr day affect the balance?

So my question is this. We are changing all the Already approved setups? If this is the case please let us who host games know because as fare as we have been told all setups in approved setups are good to go as is.

Lw Dn are not allowed as said in the setup.
    suicides are not allowed.
    skips are allowed.

I also added it to the setup to clear up any misunderstandings.
    We're not changing all approved setups, but after looking at how the game unfolded in the past and at the objective theoretical balance of this one, changes seemed to be a good thing to improve the balance. The "normal" ratio would be of 7 town vs 2 scum (such a setup exists and worked rather well btw), while this one has a ratio of 5 town vs 2 scum.

~~

Given what we talked about in PMs (this change in player count compromising the setup's spirit due to the theme), we can always mark this setup as Experimental so that people know this isn't to be taken as a competitive but rather as a fun and relatively lighthearted game and work on making the theme work ^^. Do you want to go down this road?

Thanks for the rest of the clarifications!
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

5. ISO #5

I am ok with that. Just change the approved setup in approved setups to experimental. And I would suggest you Should review setups in the approved section and change all that you do not approve to experimental to advoid this in the future.

This will help hosts to know what they can pick from to run.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

I am ok with that. Just change the approved setup in approved setups to experimental. And I would suggest you Should review setups in the approved section and change all that you do not approve to experimental to advoid this in the future.

This will help hosts to know what they can pick from to run.
    This really is an exceptional case (balance for such small setups is pretty touchy, too), but yeah, you do have a point.

Thoughts? The rest seems good.

8. ISO #8

This really is an exceptional case (balance for such small setups is pretty touchy, too), but yeah, you do have a point.

There is 9 names setup is 7 there is 2 extra to stop the name claim game. It would alow the mafia to hide but it would out the prs if all citizens claim.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

This is really bad for town. Becuse who claimes first no one knows who is mafi who is town. This would end up outing the pr. Becise mafia would then know who is pr with the name claim.

So it can be bad for mafia or town equally depends on the player.

11. ISO #11

I'm aware of the additional names; my point is that if a mafia claims a fake name, he has 3/5 odds of landing on one that a townie actually has, putting his life at stake due to CCs. That makes it illogical for anyone but actual citizens to claim, making name claiming a relatively east path to confirmedness (and one confirmed town > one less person in the potential PR pool by far). I guess WIFOM plays into it, though (a ballsy scum might go for it), so it might not be too bad. As I put it, I was more asking for your thoughts on the matter than forcing you to do anything.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

I'm aware of the additional names; my point is that if a mafia claims a fake name, he has 3/5 odds of landing on one that a townie actually has, putting his life at stake due to CCs. That makes it illogical for anyone but actual citizens to claim, making name claiming a relatively east path to confirmedness (and one confirmed town > one less person in the potential PR pool by far). I guess WIFOM plays into it, though (a ballsy scum might go for it), so it might not be too bad. As I put it, I was more asking for your thoughts on the matter than forcing you to do anything.
    I changed the setup to a 9 player makeing it a balanced setup and put the names rng with roles. That should fix it so it is not experimental anymore. It meats the 3M+1 rule.

14. ISO #14

I changed the setup to a 9 player makeing it a balanced setup and put the names rng with roles. That should fix it so it is not experimental anymore. It meats the 3M+1 rule.
    This solves all concerns I had about the setup. Approved (as a normal setup).

And by the way, I don't know if you intended the old setup to be in a spoiler (since you're talking about opening a spoiler), but if you did, it isn't in one :P

15. ISO #15

This solves all concerns I had about the setup. Approved (as a normal setup).

And by the way, I don't know if you intended the old setup to be in a spoiler (since you're talking about opening a spoiler), but if you did, it isn't in one :P
    I fixed the spoiler