Make 12228 Save a thing
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Lightbulb Make 12228 Save a thing

Hello, trying to make a not your everyday save (some variation away from 933 942 9XX). Some ppl found it interesting but were asking me to make it more balanced so yeaaaaa. Also note, the voting is by ballot

Initially was:
    1 arso - NI
    2 mm - no NI
    2 sk - no NI
    2 witch

3 bus driver
    2 vet - does not kill NI, 3 alerts
    2 vigi - 4 kills
    1 sheriff
    FEEDBACK - Too many die on n1, need to control, so I added Jailors

Reworked:
    1 arso - NI
    2 mm - no NI
    2 sk - no NI
    2 witch

3 jailor - 1 exe
    2 bus driver
    2 vet - does not kill NI, 2 alerts
    1 vigi - 4 kills
    Not tested yet, im thinking the jailors might be trigger happy?

Thoughts?

2. ISO #2

Re: Make 12228 Save a thing

Where’s Light? We need an expert on “special” and “interesting” and “daring to be different” saves. /s

iirc there’s a formula for balancing saves revolving around Killing roles to prevent the Town from dying too early or slowly.
    If you take 933 as a benchmark, that’s 2 guaranteed night kills in a game of 15 people. 2 kills + 1 lynch per day = game ends on N5 / D6 on average. Less kills per night (e.g. Arsonist, or evils dying early) means longer games, while more kills per night (e.g. Veteran, Jailor and Vigi who each kill some players) means shorter games.

Your save has 11 killing roles.
    I’m not sure what to make of that.

I guess the save still requires some form of deduction, which makes it marginally better than those mega faction saves (e.g. 4v4v3v3 Mafia Triad Cult Mason) but idk.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

3. ISO #3

oooo that formula sounds interesting, I guess I gotta find that.

Well I was of the idea of making the killing roles (mm sk) have these requirements (but still not sure how to arrange as such):
    1. Need to find their own teammates, instead of the usual 3 mafia knowing whos their team straight away (iirc, the game can end with 2 sk, meaning sks can work together. I assume the same would apply to mm)
    2. Killing roles can blend in by not attacking at night OR high risk for attacking at night (hence the vets and bd, still adjusting numbers)
    3. Everyone wants to lynch Arso since hes the only un-killable force (except lynch) - so far only sk mm vigi can find arso

I kinda want those mega faction saves, except ppl start out without knowing their teammates. Not sure if its possible tho, or whether theres a way to make such a save.

4. ISO #4

This feels very awkward to me. You got the feedback that too many people are dying, so you gave town 3 more killing roles.

The only non-killing roles are witches and BDs. Those witches are totally fucked.

--

The formula for balancing forum mafia is basically that the kills per night should equal town's ability to prevent it. For every scum with a killing action, town should have a healing action. I'm not sure how this translates to arcade play but this setup is, at best, assuming all 3 jailors jail a scum night 1 with no info and no town roles kill, ~2 KPN (arsonist doesnt count as a full KPN). If the jailors execute only witches or BDs n1, it's entirely possible that your game could be over by night 2 or day 3.

Dying night one isn't fun and currently you've got 4 people who are encouraged to kill night 1. I wouldn't want to play this setup if I stumbled on it in a random lobby because of the chance that I'd have to go back to the menu and wait for the next game to start.

Unfortunately due to the limitations of the mafia arcade engine you can't really have a lost mafia team like you can in forum mafia. I heavily encourage you to try FM on this site because we do frequently do things like what you're trying to (and can't) do here.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by TiMe View Post
    Oh I see, I guess its back to the drawing board for my arcade save then.

Looks like its time to see what FM has to offer

Thanks for letting me know!
    Yeah, I love the concept of this and it’s similar to our current ongoing game which I think has a mafia party that doesn’t know their teammates until they visit each other or something (I don’t know I haven’t read the setup to be honest)
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

8. ISO #8

Neutrals are harder to make in a higher kpn setting especially if they are immune but this seems very much closer to an actual team based setting. I reckon you could try it with mafioso + support role and triad + support role to give more of a team aspect rather than the neutrals trying to find each other but I like the concept.

probably doesn’t need to be super kill focused on the town side as without immunities the counter balance is that scum can also kill each other. Sorta an expansion on 8-3-3-1 triad vs mafia but onto teams of 2.

it can be balanced. Guess it depends how many kills you want and how explosive you really want to make it. It could end up being a battle Royale rather than a game of mafia if you’re not careful
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf