S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party - Page 58
Register

User Tag List

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,900 of 2921
  1. ISO #2851

Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Wow. I did not have Helz pinged as triad at all.

I knew it was me + Unkown + FB most likely.

WOWOWOWOWOW.

2 FAKE BUTLER CLAIMS.
    That Unknown CC had to be one of the most balls out moves I have seen in a long time. This game was really fucking entertaining at so many points.

I would also just encourage the town to Surrender. There is no possibility of winning unless a Triad throws right now.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #2852

THIS 100% LOLLLL, Helz and I had to be dragged into it.
    Sorry for the pressure brother. I knew you were Triad for certain after N2 when I bound you to Frinckles from your claimed night action but I was pretty sure at the end of D2. I figured if I pushed for your lynch it gave you grace if I got lynched and if I got you lynched it knocked out Frinckles.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

3. ISO #2853

How TF did we get that Marino lynch anyway.
    Unknown pulled out some ninja shit there getting the town peg by Matt. I recognized we could win but I didnt have any faith in us pulling it off until the town took a hard turn at the end of the day.

4. ISO #2854

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Yeah it’s gg

Well played with the claim Helz
    @naz totally called me out on using it to probe for another Triad. That was 100% what I was doing with Matt.

You also called me on my giving real scum reads as scum. I had no clue what to do with that other than try to discredit you saying "He is saying I am Triad for pushing to lynch Triad."

I still can't believe you managed to get out of that lynch yesterday. That was straight up impressive

5. ISO #2855

Sooo... if we are forced to play this out we should lynch Frostbyte.

@Auwt
    @FrostByte
    @Frinckles
    @Unknown1234
    @naz
    @Renegade

Helz- CA
    Unknown- DH
    Renegade- Moulder

Frinckles- Scientist
    Naz- Detective
    Frostbyte- BG/Doc

Unknown and myself are Mechanically solved with my N2 action confirming Renegade. You guys can surrender or we can play this out but the game is over either way.

6. ISO #2856

Not gona lie. I had seeded all kinds of shit thinking the game would flip here and Town would be claiming to be Triad. Was kinda looking forward to hearing people accuse etch other of being town and arguing about how they were scummy.

7. ISO #2857

Btw, Only reason game is over is that Doc/BG can not self target is on. So nolynch today then KPN tonight on the Doc, Lynch Naz tomorrow with KPN on Frinckles ends in 3 Triad 0 town with no possible way for town to avoid it.

8. ISO #2858

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Yeah @naz this is what I was talking about. Helz got RBed on a night where DH killed someone so it couldn't have been Helz and you "wasted your night action last night", just like you "wasted your night action" the night baker died

Or you're lying about it because you're scummmmmmmmm
    Renegade just confessed to being scum right after this post lol
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

9. ISO #2859

How TF did we get that Marino lynch anyway.
    he ignored all my questions so I was dead set he was scum
    turns out he's just a jackass
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .

10. ISO #2860

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Sooo... if we are forced to play this out we should lynch Frostbyte.

@Auwt
    @FrostByte
    @Frinckles
    @Unknown1234
    @naz
    @Renegade

Helz- CA
    Unknown- DH
    Renegade- Moulder

Frinckles- Scientist
    Naz- Detective
    Frostbyte- BG/Doc

Unknown and myself are Mechanically solved with my N2 action confirming Renegade. You guys can surrender or we can play this out but the game is over either way.
    Why are u pinging me in this smh

11. ISO #2861

Sorry for the pressure brother. I knew you were Triad for certain after N2 when I bound you to Frinckles from your claimed night action but I was pretty sure at the end of D2. I figured if I pushed for your lynch it gave you grace if I got lynched and if I got you lynched it knocked out Frinckles.
    No worries. We all were operating on less than 100% of information.

I seriously thought you were Butler though.

12. ISO #2862

Btw, Only reason game is over is that Doc/BG can not self target is on. So nolynch today then KPN tonight on the Doc, Lynch Naz tomorrow with KPN on Frinckles ends in 3 Triad 0 town with no possible way for town to avoid it.
    Yeah. I think game is over "mechanically".

13. ISO #2863

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    Why are u pinging me in this smh
    Figured you might need to message the host and say 'We surrender to the almighty Triad' if he didn't agree the game was an impossible win for town : P

Your night actions this game were great btw.

14. ISO #2864

15. ISO #2865

Yeah. I think game is over "mechanically".
    You, Me, or Unknown literally needs to throw the game to change the outcome. The town can not even pretend to be scum to flip the game the way it went.

Kinda funny how being 'confirmed town' is a determent in this game.

16. ISO #2866

I still feel bad for Deathworlds and Dark Magician.

I really feel cheated when I am nailed early game with a night action like that.

17. ISO #2867

18. ISO #2868

19. ISO #2869

I guess it's game. No matter what's going happen.
    Coinflips won't do anything, at best for town, they win D5 coinflip, but lose a member to a new DH, making the game 2v2.
    Even if Town wins the next coinflip, the last triad member could still kill, making it a 1v1 Triad vs Town tie, thus Triad Victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

20. ISO #2870

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

21. ISO #2871

He was caught by 2 tprs, lol.
    Yeah, DM and DW had bad D1 play. They did not get that much attention by bad luck.

22. ISO #2872

23. ISO #2873

24. ISO #2874

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    I guess it's game. No matter what's going happen.
    Coinflips won't do anything, at best for town, they win D5 coinflip, but lose a member to a new DH, making the game 2v2.
    Even if Town wins the next coinflip, the last triad member could still kill, making it a 1v1 Triad vs Town tie, thus Triad Victory.
    Gg

-vote Unknown
    for MVP with those killer night picks (Pun intended) and somehow coming out on top in Martin vs Unknown D4.

25. ISO #2875

I’ll answer questions in a bit I’m picking up my new phone right now because apparently you have to make fifteen minute appointments and can’t be early
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

26. ISO #2876

27. ISO #2877

THE FOOLING PARTY

THE GAME HAS COME TO AN END !

TRIAD HAS WON.

Congratulations to :

@Helz
    @Dark Magician
    @Unknown1234
    @Renegade

Honorable mention to :

@deathworlds

I hope you all liked this game (somehow), I'm sorry for the diverse informations that were lacking on the setup thread.
    I just had a lot of fun hosting this, and having great players like all of you.
    Also wanna point out that town also managed to do a great job, taking down the Switcher+Triad combo very early on !

Thanks a lot to all of you guys !

@Oberon
    @deathworlds
    @bakermir
    @Dark Magician
    @yzb25
    @MartinGG99
    @MattZed
    @Helz
    @Unknown1234
    @Renegade
    @FrostByte
    @Frinckles
    @naz

Quick notes, I will be hosting the next ladder queue right after this one.
    Also, shout out to Dark Magician's game that will probably be played at the same time !
    I will also post the role list.
    Last edited by Auwt; November 23rd, 2020 at 03:00 PM.
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

28. ISO #2878

ty for hosting
    gg

tfw right but can't convince town
    oh well

29. ISO #2879

bakermir - Citizen

Unknown - Dragon Head

Frinckles - Town Random (Scientist)

deathworlds - Triad Random (Sorcerer)

MattZed - Citizen

Renegade - Triad Random (Moulder)

naz - Town Random (Inspector)

Oberon - Town Random (Bus Driver)

FrostByte - Town Random (War Surgeon)

MartinGG99 - Bus Driver

Helz - Corrupted Assessor

Dark Magician - Switcher

yzb25 - Town Random (Shopkeeper)

30. ISO #2880

I have to say though, This was a really cool setup.

I love games where as scum you have to balance how townread you are. Flat out going powerwolf ftw just gets old and this game really put a spin on things.
    I found it interesting how every one of the towns night actions required the scum to act in order to matter. There was a weird situation there where I feel like scum would have had a huge advantage in no-action if they were informed. The lack of being informed balanced that out in a way I have never seen in a game before which made for a very unique experience. I still wonder how the game would have gone if the Triad just decided not to act and win through day chat.
    I also like the idea of games being able to be inverted. It would be super fucking cool if a Town was able to win after loosing majority to wolves by pretending to be a wolf.
    Including citizen as a potential for Town Randoms was a small but critical detail so props on whoever recognized that up front.
    If this game is played again scum should claim citizen to prevent the PoE from confirming a town like what happened here with Matt. I poked at that a good bit but our team comp didn't allow for that play to happen.

All in all I was impressed at how balanced such a concept setup was. I had a lot of fun and felt like the level of play on this site has gone up quite a bit from when I use to play here years ago. It was also really cool to see so many familiar faces again.

31. ISO #2881

Here is the discord if you are curious :

https://discord.gg/eTww9hZQ

32. ISO #2882

Oh yeah, And the Corrupt Assessor may be the favorite role I have ever played. I spent quite a bit of time considering if I wanted to go for a double town kill or link it to a Triad to both allow for me to investigate a Triads role as well as tie a Town to them for a kill on a good lynch. The implications of that role's abilities were really cool and also a first for me to experience.

33. ISO #2883

GG everyone! Thanks for a fun first game back in 3.5 years.

I think we can all admit I was rusty. I'd like to take this opportunity to claim town LVP (Least Valuable Player). There are errors I made that I think could be avoided in the future without having to be psychic.

Now, I was always going to be skeptical of Martin's N1 BD action. This is a setup where town can only afford ONE misyeet unless a night kill hits a scum. (allowing town to afford 3 misyeets, which is more typical in a 13P game) It still makes no sense to me why he would switch himself with one of his townreads. (and I don't get the "we should do it by consensus" either: After Oberon died, the other players, from Martin's perspective, were 6 town and 5 scum. Not exactly a group to trust)

So what could have guided me to not misyeet Martin? A few things:
    1. I was pegging Martin as a low-effort scum: he spent a lot of time townreading people and not going after anyone, much like a complacent blend-into-the-wall kind of scum. This would be quite incompatible with the balls-of-steel DH Martin that CC's Oberon to kill a powerful town role and prevent Oberon from being confirmed town. I can't have both version of DH Martin: calculated power play scum and passive scum.

In the future, since effort is NAI, I think I'll scumhunt in two stages: First, decide if a person is high-effort or low-effort and THEN decide if they're town/scum in this framework.

2. I gave Unknown the first chance to defend himself, instead of letting them both defend themselves simultaneously. We only had 48 hour days, and we didn't have time to trial two people. Had I asked Martin to make a defense of himself and a case on Unknown FROM THE MOMENT YZB FLIPPED, I think there's a good chance he would have made a case I could believe. By letting Unknown go first, Unknown got to make a case and Martin spent most of the day being complacent in thinking I would believe his BD claim and didn't have a time to dissect Unknown.

In the future, if there's a "at least one of these two people is MECHANICALLY SCUM" situation, I will ask BOTH of them to defend themselves at once, even if I find one more suspicious.

3. I didn't share my thoughts enough with my other confirmed town, Frinckles. If I had bee n able to talk him into a back-and-forth on whether it's Martin or Unknown, I may have been guided to the correct decision.

In the future, I plan to spend more time on soliciting the opinions of confirmed towns instead of trying to carry the game with my scumhunting alone.

So that's the game. We misyeeted twice and lost. In retrospect, this setup may be scum-favored. I personally would like more informed minority vs. uninformed majority games so I can add vote/flip analysis, but this was a fine experiment. I'm sure Auwt already has thoughts on what he would do differently.

I don't know when my next game will be, but gg until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

34. ISO #2884

Also I must admit that Unknown indeed deserves MVP.

Winning a 1v1 and not hitting a single Triad team mate at night, it is an outstanding performance imo.

35. ISO #2885

36. ISO #2886

37. ISO #2887

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I’m still pissed I got mislynched on d1 🤬
    Dude, that was all you 100%

Next time seed before you gambit so when your in the hot seat you can point back to your seed to pull you out after you get the reactions

38. ISO #2888

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I’m still pissed I got mislynched on d1 🤬
    In hindsight I should've let you live

Would've added more chaos

I think I misinterpreted the dangers of the game, thinking that we had to correctly lynch triads

but in reality the optimal goal is probably to keep the triads guessing as to who their teammates are
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

39. ISO #2889

40. ISO #2890

Next time seed before you gambit so when your in the hot seat you can point back to your seed to pull you out after you get the reactions
    I mean, when your gambit is to literally put yourself up as the lynch its a suicidal play not to have an out set up. I also feel like you should have thought through exactly what information you were trying to gain. You didn't seem to ask questions that would push players to revealing AI reactions. You just kinda claimed and then watched the pressure build on you until you claimed BD and your neck got stretched.

41. ISO #2891

You played really really well bro. I was a little afraid of the crossfire chance. This game was really cool in that we had to stay as a mid range read instead of just pushing for full town cred.

When did you figure out I was CA?
    It was around when we were arguing day 3 when I suspected you could be triad, You kept using arguments to defend yourself that I was doing at the same time (as triad, so it was going to annoy me if you ended up being town and those arguments somehow worked out for you) but I didn't really know for sure until day 4 came along when you basically let me go. I was suspicious of your role-claim but not enough to deem you triad, just enough to know killing you was a bad idea.

The amount of times you kept telling me I was scum-reading you for "lynching triad" was quite hilarious though LOL. I will admit that my argument with you on day 3 was definitely my weakest point but I never said anything that extreme.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

42. ISO #2892

P.S I had decided as soon as I saw my rolecard I was fake claiming Butler. Helz claiming didn't matter, I was going to reveal as Butler regardless of who claimed that role. That's why it looked genuine because I spent no time reading yzb at all in that game.

43. ISO #2893

Oh I also wondered if you were avoiding looking at my interaction with yzb because you didn't have an argument for how I was faking it without revealing yourself. Especially since you said a few times that triad was very unlikely to fake a role-claim in advance in defending yourself.

44. ISO #2894

Well, one thing I do regret was that I didn’t read the reactions I got from players properly. I feel that, having reread the game after I died, there were 3 potential slips (2 of them perspective slips) from the gambit. I would 100% go back in time and do the same thing, but probably crumb it more carefully (I assume that’s what you mean by ‘seeding’), and defo try to look for slips more carefully. In this case it was more that I acted impulsively; I saw everyone talking about the Switcher and decided to claim it to see what would happen. So crumbing was out of the question for me.

That being said. I don’t know why anyone would think a real 3rd party scum would legit hardclaim on d1.

45. ISO #2895

In my opinion, I think anyone could have won MVP between me Helz and Renegade. Aside from role-claims we were definitely top at most of peoples reads (except maybe bakermir, but he was someone I needed to get rid of)

46. ISO #2896

I mean, when your gambit is to literally put yourself up as the lynch its a suicidal play not to have an out set up. I also feel like you should have thought through exactly what information you were trying to gain. You didn't seem to ask questions that would push players to revealing AI reactions. You just kinda claimed and then watched the pressure build on you until you claimed BD and your neck got stretched.
    True, you’re absolutely right. I just acted sort of impulsively this time and didn’t think through properly.

47. ISO #2897

48. ISO #2898

49. ISO #2899

P.S I had decided as soon as I saw my rolecard I was fake claiming Butler. Helz claiming didn't matter, I was going to reveal as Butler regardless of who claimed that role. That's why it looked genuine because I spent no time reading yzb at all in that game.
    If I was town that would have legit thrown me off pretty hard. I kinda thought you could be Triad and then your CC confused me. Then when I knew you were Triad D4 I felt like you were totally sunk and didn't want to shade myself by pushing CW for you. I don't think I have had many games where I have had a read flipped on its head twice like that.

Your night kills were beautiful by the way. I was legit afraid of the Triad KPN and constantly throwing out town strategy that pointed to how scum should play to counter it.

50. ISO #2900

In my opinion, I think anyone could have won MVP between me Helz and Renegade. Aside from role-claims we were definitely top at most of peoples reads (except maybe bakermir, but he was someone I needed to get rid of)
    No I was obviously scum. I harped way too much on that tiny towncred crumb.