S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party - Page 31
Register

User Tag List

Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 2921
  1. ISO #1501

Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    There's definitely that possibility, but why not hold the action until you're confident you can put it on a Triad-Town pairing? (or are you suspecting they, say, targeted DW N1?) That seems much more likely now than after D1.
    I typed a bunch of thoughts up here but decided not to post it for reasons. I am not sure who they would have targeted D1. Maybe one of D1 PR claims?
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #1502

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    You're right in that it's not a good look

but in the same way with Renegade I just feel like this is bakermir being bakermir (who has used a lot of Pepe avatars in the past).

After all, he was responding to a guy who just admitted to possibly being influenced by beer and going "hahah"; could be perceived as an obvious joke.
    bro if Frinckles has a beef with me, he is capable of handling that himself. he doesn't need a devil's advocate here

3. ISO #1503

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    After Dark Magician and deathworlds resolution my poe looks like this to start out:

bakermir
    FrostByte
    Renegade

Naz can wait a day to see if Triad Random flips with the potential of expanding the Poe onto Unknown and Yzb25 based on claims.

Unless I am missing something once citizens clear that effectively places a 4 player POE with 2-3 scum D4 and slightly shifts depending on if we can grab Triad Random to clear Naz.
    Helz, I would love to discuss this more

but uh I sincerely think your PoE there has all 3 towns that you just rub the wrong way with
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

4. ISO #1504

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    Huh?

Who said that LOL
    I thought thats what you were insinuating in your post 1485.
    There is nothing transparent about your thought process here helz. I for one don't know if you are goofy or wolfy after that incredibly bad read progression you held against me based on a smug emoji. What are you claiming? Citizen? If that is true then why are you poking another slot for reactions at this point? HMMMMMMM
    I really think you just need to re-read my posts. The smug emoji has absolutely nothing to do with you being in the PoE. I can just keep repeating that over and over if you would like.

I will also point out that PoE is not in any particular order at all. Its literally just crunching claims and known information to make a list of who will be the ones looked at on D4 (before considering how mass claim will change things around)
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

5. ISO #1505

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    what's your reasoning for moulder vs locksmith, if it's alright to ask
    I know you didn't ask me

but currently I suspect Locksmith because that seems one of the likely town randoms; we have a limited number of town randoms and with the gamestate rn I feel like a town locksmith is the most likely

I have considered moulder as a possiblity but now I think its less likely than I once thought it was.

Besides, only 2 chances for triad to get Moulder while town has 4 chances.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

6. ISO #1506

Helz, I would love to discuss this more

but uh I sincerely think your PoE there has all 3 towns that you just rub the wrong way with
    Sure.

The way I am looking at it Bakermir, Frostbyte, Renegade, Naz, Unknown, and Yzb25 are mechanically the PoE. Naz can wait for a day because a Triad Random kill mechanically confirms her and I set aside Unknown and Yzb25 for being widly town read.

I suppose you could interchange one of those first three with Yzb25 or Unknown for D4 but I suspect the role claims will do that anyways. If no scum claims a citizen slot 2 names will be removed from those and there will only be 3 names left in the PoE mechanically speaking (and accounting for giving Naz a 1 day pass)

Let me know if I am missing something but I think my logic there is pretty sound.

7. ISO #1507

I thought thats what you were insinuating in your post 1485.

I really think you just need to re-read my posts. The smug emoji has absolutely nothing to do with you being in the PoE. I can just keep repeating that over and over if you would like.

I will also point out that PoE is not in any particular order at all. Its literally just crunching claims and known information to make a list of who will be the ones looked at on D4 (before considering how mass claim will change things around)
    Helz

With all respect dude, you are the legendary Helz. Is this how you going to slip now?

What is your actual reasoning behind this PoE? Let's hear that out instead of you giving us a peek beyond your slot's obscurity into another obscurity in your head.

8. ISO #1508

Sure.

The way I am looking at it Bakermir, Frostbyte, Renegade, Naz, Unknown, and Yzb25 are mechanically the PoE. Naz can wait for a day because a Triad Random kill mechanically confirms her and I set aside Unknown and Yzb25 for being widly town read.

I suppose you could interchange one of those first three with Yzb25 or Unknown for D4 but I suspect the role claims will do that anyways. If no scum claims a citizen slot 2 names will be removed from those and there will only be 3 names left in the PoE mechanically speaking (and accounting for giving Naz a 1 day pass)

Let me know if I am missing something but I think my logic there is pretty sound.

This doesn't explain why bakermir frostbyte and renegade are first in your PoE again

stop dodging helz dammit

9. ISO #1509

10. ISO #1510

My current thoughts:
    • DM isn't worth investigating tonight. He's scum. He created anti-town discussion by concealing his former-Switcher status and actively undermining a TPR he could have confirmed. DWs did the early hammer and didn't seem to take yesterday very seriously. These are all independently strong reasons to think DM is Triad right now. (and I haven't even mentioned DW's claim of being former triad, which most of you don't want to give much weight, nor have I mentioned how he "joked" that he was a different Triad role than DW alleged)
    • It'd be much better to investigate someone to hopefully find the DH or be able to confirm if someone's night action targets 0/1/2 people.
    • I think we should be massclaiming D3, but I'm not opposed to waiting until D4 if we think DM is such an obvious triad we don't need PoE to confirm
    • If we have a Military, I think they should hold off revealing until N3 because their action can stop the BD and we don't need their identity confirmed yet. But then again, WIFOM.
    • In the extremely unlikely event that the corrupted assessor bound DW to someone last night, EVERY NIGHT KILL SHOULD TARGET DW. Vigs know they're hitting scum, and the DH knows they're hitting non-triad. All bus drivers shouldn't DARE to bus DW.
    • Relatedly, it's worth putting your role and night actions in your LW just in case your flip gets turned around by the corrupted assessor.
    • War Surgeon should probably be in bodyguard mode.
    -unvote

WAAAIT.
    We all know that DM is Triad at this point, and it's quite likely he ISN'T the corrupted assessor.

We need to make sure the corrupted assessor doesn't, say, bind DM to Frinckles, cause us to yeet Frinckles tomorrow, which puts us 5v4 going into N3, assuming a town is killed tonight.

My current thought is assigning the locksmith to lock down DM so he can't be bound to anyone.
    I'm thinking and feeling this is a good town tell for everyone from MattZed, among his past actions and posts.

I don't see a scum doing this on multiple posts; I don't see agenda-influenced calculation behind the posts here.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

11. ISO #1511

I wanna hear helz why bakermir, Frostbyte and Renegade are first in their PoE
    Fmpov, Its because helz doesn't get along well with people who don't think or act similarly to him

which is quite natural tbh; i've had games where my only suspects are people who don't have a playstyle similar to mine

*cough cough bakermir dark magician cough cough*
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

12. ISO #1512

13. ISO #1513

Fmpov, Its because helz doesn't get along well with people who don't think or act similarly to him

which is quite natural tbh; i've had games where my only suspects are people who don't have a playstyle similar to mine

I don't think that's that.

I think Helz panicked today and wanted to stay relevant without arising any suspicions and now can't even explain their PoE but keeps repeating the mechanical solve we found without his help during day 2

so I am not really gonna take that emoji as an excuse for a very sensitive situation here regarding lynch order

14. ISO #1514

Helz

With all respect dude, you are the legendary Helz. Is this how you going to slip now?

What is your actual reasoning behind this PoE? Let's hear that out instead of you giving us a peek beyond your slot's obscurity into another obscurity in your head.
    Sure:

Me- I remove myself because this is my PoE and I know I am town
    MattZed- I remove MattZed because I am the Butler and got a N0 peek confirming that he is Town
    deathworlds- Remove him from the PoE because he will be dead in a few hours
    Dark Magician- He is gona flip D3 so remove him because this is a PoE for D4
    Frinckles- Remove him from the PoE under the almost certainty that Deathworlds will flip Switcher making him mechanically confirmed town
    MartinGG99- Remove him from the PoE because the PoE is a mechanical crunch centered around role slots. His role claim has very strong merit as the CC on the D1 train
    Naz- Remove her from the d4 PoE because if D4 we lynch a Triad Random Naz then becomes mechanically confirmed

That leaves:
    bakermir
    FrostByte
    yzb25
    Unknown1234
    Renegade

I then cut out the 2 most widly town read players (Unknown and Yzb25) and we are left with what I posted. That will certainly shift around a bit after mass claim and has to be done so in connection with that role potential list I made in 1456 but this is how I made that PoE.

15. ISO #1515

Is no one going to engage with me on the fact that a corrupted assessor could bind DM with someone tomorrow, which would be REALLY BAD?
    It would be very bad.

And I quite agree with you @MattZed

Locksmith (Or I) should have at least one target on Dark Magician.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

16. ISO #1516

It would be very bad.

And I quite agree with you @MattZed

Locksmith (Or I) should have at least one target on Dark Magician.
    Without telling you what to do, let me explain how I would think of things if I were the CA:

"MartinGG99 seems like town right now, and he likes to switch with himself. If I target DM and Martin, they'll still both get bound to each other, and now I've set up the BD to die instead of my fellow triad."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

17. ISO #1517

Sure:

Me- I remove myself because this is my PoE and I know I am town
    MattZed- I remove MattZed because I am the Butler and got a N0 peek confirming that he is Town
    deathworlds- Remove him from the PoE because he will be dead in a few hours
    Dark Magician- He is gona flip D3 so remove him because this is a PoE for D4
    Frinckles- Remove him from the PoE under the almost certainty that Deathworlds will flip Switcher making him mechanically confirmed town
    MartinGG99- Remove him from the PoE because the PoE is a mechanical crunch centered around role slots. His role claim has very strong merit as the CC on the D1 train
    Naz- Remove her from the d4 PoE because if D4 we lynch a Triad Random Naz then becomes mechanically confirmed

That leaves:
    bakermir
    FrostByte
    yzb25
    Unknown1234
    Renegade

I then cut out the 2 most widly town read players (Unknown and Yzb25)
    and we are left with what I posted. That will certainly shift around a bit after mass claim and has to be done so in connection with that role potential list I made in 1456 but this is how I made that PoE.

fake news

you should have kept silent about your poe today.

you have given the perfect targets for a corrupted assessor out there, as well as DH. all of this is very anti-town of you.

I even asked this earlier to see who is going to jump on claim train and people were actually playing it out decently and not revealing for today

18. ISO #1518

so I am not really gonna take that emoji as an excuse for a very sensitive situation here regarding lynch order
    Bakermir

I am not going to let you get lynched while I am a living BD

not a single godamm bit

I understand your concern though on Helz's PoE

But I get the feeling that since ALL 3 of those people

are like the people that play (By "play" I may be referring to thought process as well in general) the MOST differently as compared to helz in this game (other than Naz who's being saved by a PR claim that's possibly confirmed)

its like so obvious that its just that Helz is being biased and he doesn't recognize that
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

19. ISO #1519

And just because I went ahead and revealed this also plays into my logic of the Locksmith > Moulder argument considering Matt was suppository witched to MartinGG. I am kinda surprised nobody called me out for jumping to the conclusion that does not make him Dragon Head.

20. ISO #1520

its like so obvious that its just that Helz is being biased and he doesn't recognize that
    And to emphasize, I don't mean anything bad on Helz

but my last few months of playing Mafia almost constantly has made me more aware of my own biases and etc

and how easy it is to be influenced by them
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

21. ISO #1521

And just because I went ahead and revealed this also plays into my logic of the Locksmith > Moulder argument considering Matt was suppository witched to MartinGG. I am kinda surprised nobody called me out for jumping to the conclusion that does not make him Dragon Head.
    Without claiming my role or night action last night, I'm pretty sure Auwt clarified that someone who gets Switched doesn't have their night action go through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

22. ISO #1522

Without telling you what to do, let me explain how I would think of things if I were the CA:

"MartinGG99 seems like town right now, and he likes to switch with himself. If I target DM and Martin, they'll still both get bound to each other, and now I've set up the BD to die instead of my fellow triad."
    It actually hasn't occurred to me to switch myself with my scum read(s)

That said though, I do have a current plan that I thought of a few hours ago

But it really depends if my game solve (which I probably will go into detail much more on D3) is correct

and that's all I will say about my plan
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

23. ISO #1523

24. ISO #1524

25. ISO #1525

26. ISO #1526

Sure.

I think you're close to the right track tbh.

But I will 100% promise you that at least

Frostbyte
    &
    Bakermir

are town.

I'm like 85% sure that Renegade is town, but we may discuss that on D3 or D4.

Also I'm personally a fan of Unkown as town but I don't think this game has debated his alignment much or if at all so I wouldn't be opposed to it in the future.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

27. ISO #1527

28. ISO #1528

And to emphasize, I don't mean anything bad on Helz

but my last few months of playing Mafia almost constantly has made me more aware of my own biases and etc

and how easy it is to be influenced by them
    isn't bias itself likely to involve opportunism on the side?

29. ISO #1529

Actually I missed that as well.

But I do think MattZed isn't triad atm, even if there's a mechanically proven chance that he's DH.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

30. ISO #1530

isn't bias itself likely to involve opportunism on the side?
    Bias can be in the form of pessimism on others as well.

If one cannot understand how one is contributing to the game

then you're going to perceive them as being scummy by virtue of utility

or at least that's how it worked for me

If you look at Helz, litterally the only thing holding him back on Naz is the TPR claim lol
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

31. ISO #1531

If you look at Helz, litterally the only thing holding him back on Naz is the TPR claim lol
    He also took a slight issue with your emoji response.

While I am not Helz, I would hypothesize that it still took enough hold on his thoughts to influence him anyways because he posted it

Even though he has said it really wasn't significant.

Its like a strong indicator of self-contradiction due to possible bias influence imo
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

32. ISO #1532

But I get the feeling that since ALL 3 of those people are like the people that play (By "play" I may be referring to thought process as well in general) the MOST differently as compared to helz in this game (other than Naz who's being saved by a PR claim that's possibly confirmed)

I mean, sure its Biased. Its my PoE after all. You guys are free to make your own but I suspect when you reason it out you will draw similar conclusions. Especially if you believe I am the Butler
    fake news

you have given the perfect targets for a corrupted assessor out there, as well as DH. all of this is very anti-town of you.

I even asked this earlier to see who is going to jump on claim train and people were actually playing it out decently and not revealing for today
    I disagree. I think you might just be flailing at me.
    I honestly had no intention of revealing today. It was just impossible for me to explain that logic jump on Matt without adding that bit.
    The corrupted assessor is a problem that can not be mitigated. Even with him in play the town is still in an excellent position imo.

33. ISO #1533

This response with the Smug emoji feels bad.
    The smug emoji has absolutely nothing to do with you being in the PoE.
    This.

Honestly with the impression I get from Helz, I think if he were trying to do something scummy it would be a lot more logic-oriented

and definitely partially rely on a single emoji use lol
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

34. ISO #1534

Actually I missed that as well.

But I do think MattZed isn't triad atm, even if there's a mechanically proven chance that he's DH.
    Well mechanically he can not be Triad unless I am and when I flip he will be mechanically confirmed.

35. ISO #1535

You are right Martin. Maybe Helz is just goofy and I am goofy but I stand behind my case against him. If he want's to go down that path then I am waiting for more than an "smug emoji" or repeating the mechanical solve we found out drunk and stoned last night LOL

This has nothing to do with me being in their PoE btw.. their posts today just ping me the wrong way and I am not sure if we can explain that as simple as you lay it out here; style difference.

36. ISO #1536

if you believe I am the Butler
    Butler only gets to know 1 member of the town and that is it (other than being switcher immune)

Nothing of that contributes to mechanically proving a wolf is a wolf

unless you are 110% certain that everyone you town-read is town
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

37. ISO #1537

You are right Martin. Maybe Helz is just goofy and I am goofy but I stand behind my case against him. If he want's to go down that path then I am waiting for more than an "smug emoji" or repeating the mechanical solve we found out drunk and stoned last night LOL

This has nothing to do with me being in their PoE btw.. their posts today just ping me the wrong way and I am not sure if we can explain that as simple as you lay it out here; style difference.
    I promise you that if I advocate for your lynch it will not be centered around some potential you cracked a flippant comment. Why are you so fixated on that bit while within the same post I made a much more substantial point voicing how you had posted from a very towny perspective? Your focus on that issue does not make sense to me.

38. ISO #1538

Believe me when I say the number one cause for TvT is playstyle difference IMO.

I legit had to break up a TvT on The Syndicate about a month ago

just because someone felt it too obvious to not say X thing

and another townie felt that was dead-to-rights scummy because they didn't mention the obvious thing

It was like the difference between sheer calculating playstyle and pragmaticism

they agreed on most things other than themselves but that still didn't stop them from trying to day-kill each other by D3.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

39. ISO #1539

40. ISO #1540

lmao that's why I get scum read in games
    Its pretty sad bc then ppl lock in their town reads and fuck themselves over
    Its how I caught SuperJack one game but ppl didn't want to listen to me🤪
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

41. ISO #1541

Butler only gets to know 1 member of the town and that is it (other than being switcher immune)

Nothing of that contributes to mechanically proving a wolf is a wolf

unless you are 110% certain that everyone you town-read is town
    Well no. I was just pointing out that removing that belief would change it the most for others by adding myself and Matt to the PoE. That without doing that every other logical elimination from the PoE will probably hold true regardless of what player does it. I really do expect everyone to basically end up with that same list minus themselves / plus me and Matt.

We can come up with obscure hypothetical s that are 'possible' but that sort of theory crafting screws towns more than it helps them.

42. ISO #1542

Believe me when I say the number one cause for TvT is playstyle difference IMO.

I legit had to break up a TvT on The Syndicate about a month ago

just because someone felt it too obvious to not say X thing

and another townie felt that was dead-to-rights scummy because they didn't mention the obvious thing

It was like the difference between sheer calculating playstyle and pragmaticism

they agreed on most things other than themselves but that still didn't stop them from trying to day-kill each other by D3.
    Actually here's the wall I made on that site about it:

https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/vi...678176#p678176

If you're interested.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

43. ISO #1543

fake news

smgh

you're biased too probably for self-preservation reasons
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

44. ISO #1544

45. ISO #1545

46. ISO #1546

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    @Auwt can u put start of day post in the first post pls? Its hard to get to start of day 2 on my phone I have no idea where it is anymore lol
    Done, you can find it in the first post @naz

@Auwt , if a Locksmith dies at night, their lockdown still goes through, right?
    @MattZed;

Yes, the lock down action still goes through since it's placed before the killing action.

I don't think I'm going to be advocating for a DM yeet at this point, mainly because I don't want DW to possibly take my role. But we do need careful action to not get screwed here.

Also, now that I think about it, it's decent possible DM is actually the DH: I'm pretty sure the DH can't shoot the night they become switcher, thus explaining the lack of a kill.
    @Auwt , if the DH gets targeted by a Switcher, does their kill still go through?
    If the DH gets targeted by a Switcher, this night kill would be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

47. ISO #1547

I would really not like to have to make a super-detailed wall on this TvT
    Lol.

Dont waste your time. I am all set and there is no amount of conversation that would change that PoE I made because its not based off individual reads on players. I don't think there is really a conflict to be resolved.

That was an interesting read by the way. Would you mind if I used the spirit of your TvT created by playstyle differences in a guide down the road?

48. ISO #1548

Alright.

On D3 I think I will be casing on why I think Unkown is town (we kinda haven't discussed it much tbh)

I'll also be casing one of my stronger scum-reads atm; I've decided it probably would be best to do it on D3 and not today, especially if I have to deal with the TvT battlefield

Annnnddd.....I think that's it I guess?

We just eliminate DW today and DM on D3.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

49. ISO #1549

Lol.

Dont waste your time. I am all set and there is no amount of conversation that would change that PoE I made because its not based off individual reads on players. I don't think there is really a conflict to be resolved.

That was an interesting read by the way. Would you mind if I used the spirit of your TvT created by playstyle differences in a guide down the road?
    Sure thing!

No problems at all.

You can give or take credit, idc tbh.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

50. ISO #1550

Sure thing!

No problems at all.

You can give or take credit, idc tbh.
    Lol
    I will give credit. Thats actually one part I am not looking forward to though. Trying to figure out where I picked up all the weird concepts I have gathered over the years will not be easy.