S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

THE FOOLING PARTY

Setup, click me.

If you have any questions regarding the setup, feel free to @ me.
    You can send role's action through forum pm or via Discord ( Auwt#5618 )

PLAYERS CURRENTLY ALIVE :

@bakermir
    @Helz
    @Oberon
    @Dark Magician
    @MartinGG99
    @FrostByte
    @Frinckles
    @deathworlds
    @yzb25
    @Unknown1234
    @naz
    @MattZed
    @Renegade

DAY 1 HAS STARTED, AND WILL END IN :

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

7 votes to hammer.

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

Last edited by Auwt; November 23rd, 2020 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

First.

-vote yzb25

WTB Urinal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Let's gooooooo!

Hear me out: How about the Switcher switch roles N1, and then TELL US WHO THEY MADE INTO THE SWITCHER D2? Unless they got Witch'd or their target got BD'd, we get to lynch the switcher D2, and thus prevent them from stealing the game by staying alive?

For Bus Drivers, they'd either need to not act N1 or just tell us who they swapped if the switcher target was who they drove.

There's a small chance a witch exists, and an even smaller one that they would successfully target the switcher N1.

Thoughts???

(also, shout out to @Unknown1234 and @deathworlds for calling my bluff and signing. I thought BOTH of them would be too busy, but NOOOOO, time for MattZed to play mafia for the first time in 3 years.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

8. ISO #8

hi i read like half the setup glhf @myself lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

9. ISO #9

-vote unknown1234
    also please can we turbo yeet this one for what he did to me yesterday
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Let's gooooooo!

Hear me out: How about the Switcher switch roles N1, and then TELL US WHO THEY MADE INTO THE SWITCHER D2? Unless they got Witch'd or their target got BD'd, we get to lynch the switcher D2, and thus prevent them from stealing the game by staying alive?

For Bus Drivers, they'd either need to not act N1 or just tell us who they swapped if the switcher target was who they drove.

There's a small chance a witch exists, and an even smaller one that they would successfully target the switcher N1.

Thoughts???

(also, shout out to @Unknown1234 and @deathworlds for calling my bluff and signing. I thought BOTH of them would be too busy, but NOOOOO, time for MattZed to play mafia for the first time in 3 years.)
    stop trying to break the setup im not doing that for the next 48 hours
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I haven't read any of it
    its literal chaos lol

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    -vote unknown1234
    also please can we turbo yeet this one for what he did to me yesterday

you didn't need those minerals anyways.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

16. ISO #16

stop trying to break the setup im not doing that for the next 48 hours
    Yeah I'm definitely town reading Frinckles for the moment, regardless if that would(n't) break the setup.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Yeah I'm definitely town reading Frinckles for the moment, regardless if that would(n't) break the setup.
    Is this in response to his meta, or do you think being anti-setup spec is just towny in general?

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Thoughts???
    im guessing u didn't read it either
    this sounds like throwing

20. ISO #20

Okay first off, you're not in charge of that.

Second off, why not, actually? It's D1.
    Frinckles somehow breaks setups without even thinking tbh

In my first hosted game he managed to correct scum-read all 3 scum on n1 as cops/masons even though there was mechanical barriers made for the scum to distance in a (possibly) authentic manner

Ofc in the end I broke the setup because of a host error
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

21. ISO #21

Let's gooooooo!

Thoughts???

This would work assuming they take a role they can switch and don't target a triad.

22. ISO #22

Is this in response to his meta, or do you think being anti-setup spec is just towny in general?
    Its in response to his Skyrim comment, and that his anti-setup speculation comment was short & swift; it wasn't detailed in any regard as to why exactly your setup speculation was correct/right or wrong/incorrect or anything.

Obviously Frinckles is a skilled player, but I've been practicing to *not* over-analyze things as of late, so I'm stopping at a town read on him for now.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    im guessing u didn't read it either
    this sounds like throwing
    I've definitely read this setup. But now that you mention it I may be misreading something.
    @Auwt , what does it mean for a player to be "at 3 different times a switcher"?

I was interpreting this as "Spend 3 days, possibly not consecutively, as switcher."

Switcher can't win with town. But if they swap, with someone, they know (unless BD or Witch) who the new switcher is. Even if they switch into Triad, they know 100% that the person they switched with isn't of their alignment. Why would they NOT out that person?
    @Auwt , if there's 2 town left and 1 switcher, is the game over?

25. ISO #25

I'd laugh if MattZed was switcher and is asking these questions to see if people would follow them/if they would work.

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    This would work assuming they take a role they can switch and don't target a triad.
    If they pick someone they can't switch to, they just don't say shit about it D2.

If they do pick someone they can switch to, why not out them as being the new switcher?

27. ISO #27

I don't think there would be a reason not to.

28. ISO #28

I've definitely read this setup. But now that you mention it I may be misreading something.
    @Auwt , what does it mean for a player to be "at 3 different times a switcher"?

I was interpreting this as "Spend 3 days, possibly not consecutively, as switcher."

Switcher can't win with town. But if they swap, with someone, they know (unless BD or Witch) who the new switcher is. Even if they switch into Triad, they know 100% that the person they switched with isn't of their alignment. Why would they NOT out that person?
    @Auwt , if there's 2 town left and 1 switcher, is the game over?
    To get a Win as a Switcher, you need to be at 3 different times a Switcher, meaning you have to swap and pray someone swap back at you (and this 3 times).
    The Player that got the Switcher role at first will set his count as 1.

Whenever the Switcher swaps roles, the Switcher will get the role of the one targeted, and the one targeted will be the new Switcher.
    You won't get any feedback if your role has been swapped the same night you took an action.

The game isn't over in a 2v1 situation, since both alignment could still potentially win.

Hoping those explanations were clear enough to answer your questions.
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

29. ISO #29

So the switcher won't know if their role changes. Interesting.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

I'm pretty sure he meant that the new switcher wouldn't get the feedback of their pre-switched night action.
    @Auwt , can you clarify: Do people who become the switcher ALWAYS know it?

32. ISO #32

The Switcher will be aware of their new role.
    So will be the one targeted.

But the feedback I'm gonna give isn't with the name of the player, so there can be some deception.

33. ISO #33

I'm pretty sure he meant that the new switcher wouldn't get the feedback of their pre-switched night action.
    Yeah that makes more sense than what I was saying lol. If this is the case then the switcher revealing themselves would let us know who it is.

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

*sends friend request*
    I checked my friend request and didn't have one =(

36. ISO #36

Yeah that makes more sense than what I was saying lol. If this is the case then the switcher revealing themselves would let us know who it is.
    I'm glad we've agreed we can try to lynch the switcher D2.

I will totally settle for D1, though.

PROGAMER MOVE: Mr./Ms. switcher: Please swap with the person contributing the least pro-town discussion. They're probably still town anyways, so when you switch and become town, we didn't lose a high-value town member.

Think of your future alignment, Mr./Ms. switcher.

37. ISO #37

To make a quick example :

Switcher (A) swaps with Citizen (B).
    Switcher (A) is now Citizen. And will get a feedback saying "You've swapped your role, you're now Citizen."
    Citizen (B) in the other hand will receive a feedback saying "Your role has been swapped ! You're now the new Switcher."

And yes, the new switcher won't get the feedback of their pre-switched night action.

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

This game will be very unique. I figure its kinda like musical chairs where we are more targeting slots than players who have slots.

Whoever is the switcher I would encourage you not to use your ability until the late game. This will be your optimal play because it will enable you to side with the town and you can essentially weaponize it by claiming, swapping to a player, then throwing them to the town to be lynched. I would also not be opposed to you claiming and suggest that the town provide such a person with a certain level of lynch immunity if they choose to work with us. Their role can be verified if we have a scientist on N1.

If we have a bus driver I would be cautious how if and who you swap. With alignments being swappable and no alignment cop you risk causing substantial problems without having all too much benefit.

The real radical difference in this game is that scum is not informed. This will make hunting them quite a bit harder but we should be able to spot them as they have to balance scum hunting with avoiding getting their team mates lynched. Keep in mind that association tells are not a thing at all.

Because the DragonHead specifically acts out the faction kill and is not night immune we can nail him with a good detective/lookout peak. Host WIFOM suggests we will have at least one of those given the setup and kills can be more predictable as the game goes on assuming the Triad does not randomize their targets. I feel that would be unlikely given that the DH will want to avoid hitting his own people.

I would also suggest if we have a War Surgeon that you dedicate yourself as a Bodyguard at least in the early game. Trading a town for a scum is holds much more value than limiting a KPN unless you feel your voice holds significantly higher value.

I am also going to recommend that we all provide a Butler peek. Doing so will allow a real butler to give his peak without risking himself to be killed and if he is killed at some point we can reference that peak to then know a confirmed townie. My Butler peek is MattZed : )

Should be an interesting game. I will be running down to Austin for some work in a bit but I should have solid participation the second half of D1.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

40. ISO #40

This also means that the switcher is going to pick someone to lose with their night action... RIP to the chosen one.

41. ISO #41

I dont know if sending friends requests would count as some form of OGI so I didnt initially but I sent one now.
    ... so what, exactly, are you hoping to accomplish D1? Analyzing RVs is basically worthless when scum don't know each other.

42. ISO #42

... so what, exactly, are you hoping to accomplish D1? Analyzing RVs is basically worthless when scum don't know each other.
    I dont know what that had to do with what you quoted lol

I'm making a friends list. That is what I'm accomplishing and at this rate, you're not gonna make it on the friends list :c
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

43. ISO #43

I'm making a friends list. That is what I'm accomplishing and at this rate, you're not gonna make it on the friends list :c
    Buuurrrrnnnnnn~
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

This also means that the switcher is going to pick someone to lose with their night action... RIP to the chosen one.
    That is only if they choose not to work with us.

They will have to recognize that with 4/8/1 they have a 66% chance they will become town anyways and with 1kpn the game will likely end in 6 days. Thats an extremely small chance of getting 3 swaps.

Where as if they choose to work with us off the bat they can eliminate the neutral creating a PR heavy town in a game where the Triad are not coordinated which is by far their optimal play.

47. ISO #47

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    This game will be very unique. I figure its kinda like musical chairs where we are more targeting slots than players who have slots.

Whoever is the switcher I would encourage you not to use your ability until the late game. This will be your optimal play because it will enable you to side with the town and you can essentially weaponize it by claiming, swapping to a player, then throwing them to the town to be lynched. I would also not be opposed to you claiming and suggest that the town provide such a person with a certain level of lynch immunity if they choose to work with us. Their role can be verified if we have a scientist on N1.

If we have a bus driver I would be cautious how if and who you swap. With alignments being swappable and no alignment cop you risk causing substantial problems without having all too much benefit.

The real radical difference in this game is that scum is not informed. This will make hunting them quite a bit harder but we should be able to spot them as they have to balance scum hunting with avoiding getting their team mates lynched. Keep in mind that association tells are not a thing at all.

Because the DragonHead specifically acts out the faction kill and is not night immune we can nail him with a good detective/lookout peak. Host WIFOM suggests we will have at least one of those given the setup and kills can be more predictable as the game goes on assuming the Triad does not randomize their targets. I feel that would be unlikely given that the DH will want to avoid hitting his own people.

I would also suggest if we have a War Surgeon that you dedicate yourself as a Bodyguard at least in the early game. Trading a town for a scum is holds much more value than limiting a KPN unless you feel your voice holds significantly higher value.

I am also going to recommend that we all provide a Butler peek. Doing so will allow a real butler to give his peak without risking himself to be killed and if he is killed at some point we can reference that peak to then know a confirmed townie. My Butler peek is MattZed : )

Should be an interesting game. I will be running down to Austin for some work in a bit but I should have solid participation the second half of D1.
    Why in the world do you want the Switcher to hold onto their role as long as possible? None of their night actions actively help town. And waiting until late game to lynch the switcher at a time when we may NEED to be lynching Triad is... questionable. Waiting until lategame could just as well increase their chances to side with Triad.

Not a fan of this line of suggestion, Helz.

Butler peaks are also suboptimal: Butlers can leave LWs, and there's nothing that can erase them. So why put a name just out in the open? We'd be risking outing a Butler by process of elimination when people don't stand up particularly hard for their peeks.

48. ISO #48

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    That is only if they choose not to work with us.

They will have to recognize that with 4/8/1 they have a 66% chance they will become town anyways and with 1kpn the game will likely end in 6 days. Thats an extremely small chance of getting 3 swaps.

Where as if they choose to work with us off the bat they can eliminate the neutral creating a PR heavy town in a game where the Triad are not coordinated which is by far their optimal play.
    What I meant was that whoever the switcher gives their role to is automatically losing, assuming it's successful.

I agree with you that there is no reason the Switcher shouldn't reveal themselves day 2 and say who they swapped. I also don't think there is any need for the Busdriver to use their night action on the first night. It would only do more good than bad.

You mentioned weaponizing the switchers ability, but seem to believe that having them reveal is the better option. Just want to clarify that's what you're thinking.

49. ISO #49

I dont know what that had to do with what you quoted lol

1. I would like to be your friend. :<
    2. It didn't have anything to do with what I quoted, but I still wanted to know how you plan to make D1 productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    This setup is wild so some setup discussion is warranted for now I think.
    This man gets it!

50. ISO #50