S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

Busdriver IMO should play the beginning of the game as if they are citizen. The setup has the potential to be chaotic enough as it is, I don't see much benefit to bussing anything that isn't a confirmed town role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    1. I would like to be your friend. :<
    2. It didn't have anything to do with what I quoted, but I still wanted to know how you plan to make D1 productive.

This man gets it!
    Making a friend list is productive.

1. Martin
    2. Helz
    3. Naz

--------------------------- <- if you are below this line you are not friend.

Everyone else
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Making a friend list is productive.

1. Martin
    2. Helz
    3. Naz

--------------------------- <- if you are below this line you are not friend.

Everyone else
    So I got friended only to not make the friends list?
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

@Awut

What would happen if a Busdriver was targeted by an operator?

Like, for example:

Player A is Busdriver
    Player B is Hunter
    Player C is Citizen
    Player D is Operator

Player A (Busdriver) switches Players C and D.
    Player B (Hunter) tries to shoot player C.
    Player D (Operator) switches Players A and B's targets.

What would happen? Would the Hunter try to shoot two people at once, and the Busdriver only visits player C?

This is assuming the Hunter has two charges.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    @Awut

Like, for example:

Player A is Busdriver
    Player B is Hunter
    Player C is Citizen
    Player D is Operator

What would happen? Would the Hunter try to shoot two people at once, and the Busdriver only visits player C?

@Auwt
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

Why in the world do you want the Switcher to hold onto their role as long as possible? None of their night actions actively help town. And waiting until late game to lynch the switcher at a time when we may NEED to be lynching Triad is... questionable. Waiting until lategame could just as well increase their chances to side with Triad.
    Fair point. In either situation I would like to see the switcher mitigated. I will point out that even if the first switcher chooses to use his ability at any time in the game anyone can receive that role and decide to go with this plan. It will tilt the odds in favor of the town pretty hard. Assuming we have a scientist we can verify the role.

It also offers us the not so kind ability to eliminate a toxic player because alignments move.

Butler peaks are also suboptimal: Butlers can leave LWs, and there's nothing that can erase them. So why put a name just out in the open? We'd be risking outing a Butler by process of elimination when people don't stand up particularly hard for their peeks.
    I forgot lastwills are a thing. Thats a standard play in the majority of communitys for N0 peek reveals while insulating the PR from revealing.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    What I meant was that whoever the switcher gives their role to is automatically losing, assuming it's successful.

I agree with you that there is no reason the Switcher shouldn't reveal themselves day 2 and say who they swapped. I also don't think there is any need for the Busdriver to use their night action on the first night. It would only do more good than bad.

You mentioned weaponizing the switchers ability, but seem to believe that having them reveal is the better option. Just want to clarify that's what you're thinking.
    It would be better if they revealed today. Then a scientist could verify them N1
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

@Awut

Like, for example:

Player A is Busdriver
    Player B is Hunter
    Player C is Citizen
    Player D is Operator

Operator acts before Busdriver.
    Busdriver acts before Hunter.

So Busdriver will swap C with C (nothing happens).
    And the Hunter will shoot C and D.

Exactly like you said, keep in mind that the order of action is quite important in the event of an Operator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

12. ISO #62

@Auwt , does a Bus Driver show up as "visiting" their two targets to investigative roles?

This would really affect how I feel about BD's using an N1 action.
    Yes Busdriver will "visit" both players they are switching, and will therefore be visible to investigative roles.
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    It would be better if they revealed today. Then a scientist could verify them N1
    I just don't see where you're coming from with this. Are you suggesting not lynching the switcher at all?

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I just don't see where you're coming from with this. Are you suggesting not lynching the switcher at all?
    Well no. I am suggesting not lynching the one that chooses to work with the town. He claims and in exchange for his cooperation we give him protection. Then he swaps and tells us who he swapped with and we can lynch that person eliminating the switcher alignment.

Or- If he does not want to trust us he could reveal after switching. Either way we get to eliminate the switcher and the town will be in a much stronger position.

Getting rid of that role is important to me because if we do not we have to scum hunt on a day to day basis. We can not effectively carry reads across days because alignments can change. This creates a substantial problem for us to scum hunt.

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

This is a lot more complex than I thought. I don't want to spell out the whole situation folding out, but perhaps your idea makes sense assuming that all of the switchers follow through with it.

The risky route vs the safe route. A lot of ways it could play out well. I have to give Helz more credit for thinking about it differently.

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

Btw why are we assuming a switcher that switches n1 and calls out the switcher d2 will be town?

What if they switch with a triad?

We could force the switcher to hard claim a role, but if they're town honestly any hard-claim might be bad because they're either a powerful town role or one of the rare citizen roles.

I'm a bit skeptical about all of this talk regarding that "switcher should switch to remove the switcher role from the game" sort of concept.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

23. ISO #73

stop fakeclaiming bus driver
    I do not claim to be bus driver, nor do I claim to NOT be bus driver.

I am merely town. I will not engage in "ohohoho I might be Triad, so maybe you should shoot someone else." Information helps us far more than it helps Triad, so I am revealing some information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

24. ISO #74

I am merely town. I will not engage in "ohohoho I might be Triad, so maybe you should shoot someone else." Information helps us far more than it helps Triad, so I am revealing some information.
    I claim to be one of the town roles that exists in this setup. I might be Busdriver, but I also might not be Busdriver.

25. ISO #75

I honestly think that the switcher is now an extra town role if used properly.

26. ISO #76

Okay, I've thought about this post a bit and I've come to the conclusion that MattZed's plausibly town for now.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

Btw why are we assuming a switcher that switches n1 and calls out the switcher d2 will be town?

We could force the switcher to hard claim a role, but if they're town honestly any hard-claim might be bad because they're either a powerful town role or one of the rare citizen roles.

I'm a bit skeptical about all of this talk regarding that "switcher should switch to remove the switcher role from the game" sort of concept.
    So what if they switch with a Triad? The new Switcher is still against their alignment, so they have an incentive to out them.

Sure, I'd *like* to know the role they have now, but I'll settle for lynching someone who needs to die for my wincon to happen.

32. ISO #82

-vote MartinGG99

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

I considered that and I don't think it matters. If that player is Triad it is still good for his team to eliminate the switcher.

The only reason not to throw the switcher to the town after you swapped is if you want to bet on the switching win condition. The odds of that are extremely low though. The earliest that could happen is D6 with swaps working out perfectly.

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

Switcher day 2 reveal is always the play.

38. ISO #88

So what if they switch with a Triad? The new Switcher is still against their alignment, so they have an incentive to out them.

Sure, I'd *like* to know the role they have now, but I'll settle for lynching someone who needs to die for my wincon to happen.
    Oh I'm not saying to not lynch/eliminate the new-switcher claim, but I wanted to establish that didn't give a whole lot of town credit to the old-switcher.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

39. ISO #89

He often lurks when he gets a town power role or scum
    Well this setup is rather power-role heavy I suppose.

-vote Renegade

I should really look into when was the last time he was citizen / Non-TPR lol.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

40. ISO #90

He often lurks when he gets a town power role or scum

-vote Renegade

I would like some explanation for the Renegate votes...

You both think he's doing behavior that indicates either his Town PR or Scum meta. But it's possible most town roles are PRs, so how does this remotely narrow it down to the point you want to vote him for it?

41. ISO #91

-vote Renegade

-vote MartinGG99

I don't think I like you or Frinkles basically voting someone while calling them TPR. That is a very bad look

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

If it was that big of a deal he'd reveal. We have a BD anyway.
    Are you the switcher?

These statements do not come from a town perspective at all.

45. ISO #95

@Helz , plz stop repeating me.
    Lol. The mind meld is real~

46. ISO #96

I was suspicious of Martins questioning, but I also wanted to point out how it felt like Frinckles was trying to look for his 'friends' (teammates) in a almost too obvious to be true sort of way. Martin feels very cautious in their messages towards the switcher role. Not certain what that indicates to me.

47. ISO #97

I would like some explanation for the Renegate votes...

You both think he's doing behavior that indicates either his Town PR or Scum meta. But it's possible most town roles are PRs, so how does this remotely narrow it down to the point you want to vote him for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    -vote MartinGG99

I don't think I like you or Frinkles basically voting someone while calling them TPR. That is a very bad look
    Frinckles is a much stronger player than I am, and he's one of my strongest town reads atm

To not consider sheeping him fmpov in my position is odd.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

Frinckles is a much stronger player than I am, and he's one of my strongest town reads atm

To not consider sheeping him fmpov in my position is odd.
    Did this site get a "sheep your strongest town reads" meta in the 3 years I've been gone? 0_o

50. ISO #100

-vote Renegade

This feels like an attempt at applying pressure, except the way you write it almost takes away the point of voting him. It sounds like you don't even believe it yourself.