Election Day.
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 56

Thread: Election Day.

  1. #1

    Election Day.

    Where is the flame and fire? No not in America. This site, I was expecting some good shit posting here.

    Here I'll start.

    Its a sad day,, for the Stereo type of Americans. A large group of people still cause it to stand somewhat true.

    I wish you good luck with whatever happens. Because it's so close it's near enough a guarantee that the results will be contested, by both sides, no matter who wins.

    Also some Dopey twat in the UK put a 7 million bid on the election lol
    Cryptonic made this sig

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

  6. #6

  7. #7

  8. #8

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Re: Election Day.

    I just hope whoever wins its definitive enough that the arguments that the other side cheated die. I think the worst thing for the country would be if we have to go through the next 4 years with half the country declaring that the winner was not democratically elected.

    At first glace a lot of these accusations of fraud seem very unsubstantiated but seem to be fostering quite a bit of hate.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  11. #11

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I just hope whoever wins its definitive enough that the arguments that the other side cheated die. I think the worst thing for the country would be if we have to go through the next 4 years with half the country declaring that the winner was not democratically elected.

    At first glace a lot of these accusations of fraud seem very unsubstantiated but seem to be fostering quite a bit of hate.
    There are crowds forming outside the vote tabulation centers in some of the undecided swing states
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    There are crowds forming outside the vote tabulation centers in some of the undecided swing states
    Yeah. Chanting about stolen votes and such mostly.

    The one thing I can say I respect more in republicans over democrats is their protests seem to stay 'peaceful' in their protests; although this kind of false news shit is so much worse than democrats in origin. At least when democrats spread hatred they base it off something sorta factual like 'black man killed by police' while leaving out 'while assaulting police and attempting to steal their gun'. Zealots are toxic

    I really think Biden has this and I won't miss Trump but I still don't know which is worse. Democratic economic policy aimed at buying votes or Republican preservation of the ruling class. Democrats are probably the best for the world as a global leader while Republicans are the best for protecting American interests and fighting that absurd idea that American taxpayers should bear the cost for all evil existing in the world.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  14. #14

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Yeah. Chanting about stolen votes and such mostly.

    The one thing I can say I respect more in republicans over democrats is their protests seem to stay 'peaceful' in their protests; although this kind of false news shit is so much worse than democrats in origin. At least when democrats spread hatred they base it off something sorta factual like 'black man killed by police' while leaving out 'while assaulting police and attempting to steal their gun'. Zealots are toxic

    I really think Biden has this and I won't miss Trump but I still don't know which is worse. Democratic economic policy aimed at buying votes or Republican preservation of the ruling class. Democrats are probably the best for the world as a global leader while Republicans are the best for protecting American interests and fighting that absurd idea that American taxpayers should bear the cost for all evil existing in the world.
    General people don't benefit much from dropping taxes on the rich, though. Yes, such an argument can buy votes, but it also is right lol. Being minimally presidential also can buy votes, but it also happens to be good for the country (better for diplomacy and for the nation's stability, as well as for COVID protection). When something is good for both the country and the party, it'd be crazy not to do it. That's what Biden is doing.

    As for "protecting American interests", Trump's protectionism was nice for America on the short-term, indeed; but as you correctly highlighted, Democrats are probably best for global leadership. The thing is, if America loses its superpower status (and by this, I mean its supreme influence over the Western world), it will eventually lead to the fall of America itself. I'm gonna look like a brainwashed cold war guy here, but China will take over what the US leave behind them, which threatens democracy, first of all, but which also happens to screw America's economy by reducing its ability to make deals in other countries. Of course, pure isolationism is possible for some time, but other powers (such as China) would eventually take America's place and cause "the American way of life" to stop being possible.

    Now, I'm not saying Biden will be the greatest president ever. He does look rather weak and old, independently from Trump's attacks
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; November 5th, 2020 at 12:51 AM.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  15. #15

  16. #16

  17. #17

  18. #18

    Re: Election Day.

    You think Trump has set a new direction for the party or will it basically revert if his shadow leaves?

    I think in at least some ways it'll revert, but they'll keep the right wing populism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  19. #19

    Re: Election Day.

    I think populism of the kind Trump managed to garner support for only works if the leader has a certain degree of charm. I don't see Cruz or anyone else in the party being able to appeal to voters in the same way as Trump, apart from fringe politicians like Ron Paul (who right now is a Libertarian IIRC). That's why I mentioned Tucker Carlson: he would have a very clear shot at winning an election, in some ways probably a clearer shot because he's not as bombastic which makes it harder to scumpaint him as something he isn't.

  20. #20

    Re: Election Day.

    Assuming Biden wins, I think ultimately it was still close enough that the Republican Party will stick with the trump way. While hating him energized some to vote Democrat, loving him also created impressive turnout numbers for republicans. I would forecast that they try to find another trump like candidate to lead them and then it fails miserably because the trump lovers don’t actually care about the new candidate.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  21. #21

    Re: Election Day.

    You're assuming that Trump wants to stay. He's said at various points during the last 4 years that if he lost the election 'we would never hear of him again' and he would 'just go play golf or something'. After 4 years of being the target of constant attacks tbh I wouldn't want to put myself in that position again, so I sorta buy that statement from him.

  22. #22

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Post cope memes now



    GOODBYE TRUMP

    FEELS GOOD TO DRINK CONSERVATIVE TEARS AND GANELONS' TEARS
    Spoiler : Forum Mafia :

    FM VI: Ash (Sinner) FM VII: Glen (Drug Dealer) FM VIII: Liane (Vigilante) FM IX: Andrei (Reserved Proletarian) FM X: fm Deathfire123 (Modkilled Blacksmith) FM XI: Corki (Citizen) FM XIII: Phoebe (Bodyguard) FM XIV: Helena (Grave Robber) FM XV: FM Pikachu (Mayor) FM XVI: FM Master Chef (Escort)

  23. #23

  24. #24

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I doubt he is tho. Personally on the Republican side I’m hoping Tucker Carlson will run for President. Not that I see him doing that necessarily.
    Tucker Carlson? The dopey open mouth loser who makes up conspiracy theories every night and who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth?

  25. #25

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You're assuming that Trump wants to stay. He's said at various points during the last 4 years that if he lost the election 'we would never hear of him again' and he would 'just go play golf or something'. After 4 years of being the target of constant attacks tbh I wouldn't want to put myself in that position again, so I sorta buy that statement from him.
    He absolutely wants to stay this time.

    In 2016 the win was all hypothetical. Now he has had a taste of power. He wants it even more, and you can see his extreme desperation in his tweets.

    Just this morning he tweeted:

    STOP THE COUNT!

    Stop the count? Of legally casted votes?

    GTFO Trump you bitch lmao bye!

  26. #26

  27. #27

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    He absolutely wants to stay this time.

    In 2016 the win was all hypothetical. Now he has had a taste of power. He wants it even more, and you can see his extreme desperation in his tweets.

    Just this morning he tweeted:

    STOP THE COUNT!

    Stop the count? Of legally casted votes?

    GTFO Trump you bitch lmao bye!
    Don't you know, man? Trump is great because he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to say what he thinks! Except for when he says something that makes him look bad, something completely wrong, or something that hurts my feelings. Then he's just playing 4D chess.

  28. #28

    Re: Election Day.

    Trump gonna run as an independent candidate in 2024 and get more votes than the republican candidate

    he's gonna form the trump party, but the problem is, he's gonna have direct competition. he wont win the election because his votes will be taken by Kanye West
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    congrats you're an inspiration to pedophiles everywhere
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  29. #29

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Trump gonna run as an independent candidate in 2024 and get more votes than the republican candidate

    he's gonna form the trump party, but the problem is, he's gonna have direct competition. he wont win the election because his votes will be taken by Kanye West
    That knee grow got 10 thousand votes in Tennesse.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat

  30. #30

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Don't you know, man? Trump is great because he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to say what he thinks! Except for when he says something that makes him look bad, something completely wrong, or something that hurts my feelings. Then he's just playing 4D chess.
    That man is all about the doublespeak. He'd probably be really good a forum mafia tbh
    @Donald J. Trump you should play forum mafia, my dude
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat

  31. #31

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    General people don't benefit much from dropping taxes on the rich, though. Yes, such an argument can buy votes, but it also is right lol. Being minimally presidential also can buy votes, but it also happens to be good for the country (better for diplomacy and for the nation's stability, as well as for COVID protection). When something is good for both the country and the party, it'd be crazy not to do it. That's what Biden is doing.
    I was more thinking of the "Vote for me and I will give you a free phone/pay off your student loans/give you free healthcare" stuff. I suppose I would respect it a bit more if there was some economic plan for it working past racking up debt on Daddys credit card like a 16 year old girl for passion projects the country can't afford.

    Republicans are 'Less incompetent' at this but not good at all. I think its particularly bad in Congress. If a side wants to pass a bill they will go to those who can be swayed and trade for their vote writing in a 'sweetheart package' into the bill. I use to read a really funny yearly report on the most insane things purchased in this way but I forgot how to access it years ago. You would find shit on it like "316,000 dollars for puppets in a hospital." This is how congress buys their votes. They can then funnel money into their communities. If anyone knows that list I am talking about please throw me the link. It was a hilarious read and made for a great conversation piece.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    As for "protecting American interests", Trump's protectionism was nice for America on the short-term, indeed; but as you correctly highlighted, Democrats are probably best for global leadership.
    Oh for sure. I think Obama was probably the greatest global leader we have ever had. People blame him for not being tough enough but its just because he was not public about his actions. I think he did something like 10 times as many drone strikes each year as any other president. I just feel that he saw his obligation to humanity as a species more than to America. I still don't quite understand if I feel thats a good or bad thing considering it was a greater good but at the expense of American tax payers. Good by Utilitarianism but otherwise unethical maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    The thing is, if America loses its superpower status (and by this, I mean its supreme influence over the Western world), it will eventually lead to the fall of America itself. I'm gonna look like a brainwashed cold war guy here, but China will take over what the US leave behind them, which threatens democracy, first of all, but which also happens to screw America's economy by reducing its ability to make deals in other countries. Of course, pure isolationism is possible for some time, but other powers (such as China) would eventually take America's place and cause "the American way of life" to stop being possible.
    I agree but I think Americas downfall will be an economic collapse and not a diplomatic one. Increasing spending at an increasing rate is not a sustainable economy and we only function well now because we have the strongest market on the globe. When that changes and we can't afford our military we will neither be an economic or militaristic super power. The rhetoric of 'Human suffering exists and we can solve it with money' just plays too strongly in America for us to make financially competent decisions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Now, I'm not saying Biden will be the greatest president ever. He does look rather weak and old, independently from Trump's attacks
    I think he will be a sugnificant improvement as long as he doesn't screw with the supreme court. The erosion of the checks and balances in our government will never stop once that starts.

    Something nobody has mentioned that I am REALLY interested in is regardless of the election whats going to happen when Trumps debt gets called in 2 years from now? I understand he owes like 400 million dollars or something that he does not have to foreign entities and I am very curious to see how that will play out if he is president or if he is not.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  32. #32

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I was more thinking of the "Vote for me and I will give you a free phone/pay off your student loans/give you free healthcare" stuff. I suppose I would respect it a bit more if there was some economic plan for it working past racking up debt on Daddys credit card like a 16 year old girl for passion projects the country can't afford.

    Republicans are 'Less incompetent' at this but not good at all. I think its particularly bad in Congress. If a side wants to pass a bill they will go to those who can be swayed and trade for their vote writing in a 'sweetheart package' into the bill. I use to read a really funny yearly report on the most insane things purchased in this way but I forgot how to access it years ago. You would find shit on it like "316,000 dollars for puppets in a hospital." This is how congress buys their votes. They can then funnel money into their communities. If anyone knows that list I am talking about please throw me the link. It was a hilarious read and made for a great conversation piece.

    Oh for sure. I think Obama was probably the greatest global leader we have ever had. People blame him for not being tough enough but its just because he was not public about his actions. I think he did something like 10 times as many drone strikes each year as any other president. I just feel that he saw his obligation to humanity as a species more than to America. I still don't quite understand if I feel thats a good or bad thing considering it was a greater good but at the expense of American tax payers. Good by Utilitarianism but otherwise unethical maybe?

    I agree but I think Americas downfall will be an economic collapse and not a diplomatic one. Increasing spending at an increasing rate is not a sustainable economy and we only function well now because we have the strongest market on the globe. When that changes and we can't afford our military we will neither be an economic or militaristic super power. The rhetoric of 'Human suffering exists and we can solve it with money' just plays too strongly in America for us to make financially competent decisions.

    I think he will be a sugnificant improvement as long as he doesn't screw with the supreme court. The erosion of the checks and balances in our government will never stop once that starts.

    Something nobody has mentioned that I am REALLY interested in is regardless of the election whats going to happen when Trumps debt gets called in 2 years from now? I understand he owes like 400 million dollars or something that he does not have to foreign entities and I am very curious to see how that will play out if he is president or if he is not.
    "Free phone" is buying votes, indeed. "Free healthcare" as in "national healthcare option" is not, it's what developed countries in the world have and the US does not...

    I somewhat agree with you on the economic collapse; what I was saying is that the diplomatic one would cause the economic one, at least partially.

    100 % agreed, nothing else to add.

    He wouldn't dare using the nation's money to pay it... right? I mean, he technically couldn't do that, unless the American system is really weird.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  33. #33

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    "Free phone" is buying votes, indeed. "Free healthcare" as in "national healthcare option" is not, it's what developed countries in the world have and the US does not...
    Sure, But I do not think even Bernie Sanders has presented anything remotely close to the healthcare options other developed countries use. Its always some weird subsidized capitalism thing thats argued for while pointing at how socialist healthcare exists in other countries as if they are anything close to alike financially.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  34. #34

  35. #35

  36. #36

  37. #37

    Re: Election Day.

    It looks like right now in Nevada Trump is behind by just about 11k votes which will end the election even if everything else goes his way

    Whats kinda funny is this is roughly the same amount of people that decided they hated both options as president
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  38. #38

    Re: Election Day.

    What Trump really thinks when he says that is that he must stop the Count of Beijing in a CK2 mod.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  39. #39

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Sure, But I do not think even Bernie Sanders has presented anything remotely close to the healthcare options other developed countries use. Its always some weird subsidized capitalism thing thats argued for while pointing at how socialist healthcare exists in other countries as if they are anything close to alike financially.
    If I'm not mistaken, his proposal is based on the French system. The hospitals and doctors would be private but the government would be the sole supplier of health insurance. Everyone who's wage passes a certain threshold would have to contribute.
    Last edited by yzb25; November 6th, 2020 at 03:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  40. #40

  41. #41

    Re: Election Day.

    The main problem when it comes to US healthcare is the fact that everything is so overcharged and overpriced. Rather than give out free healthcare first, take control away from the company's and people that use people's sickness as a business. Stop letting manufacturers and pharmaceutical company's overprice everything.
    Cryptonic made this sig

  42. #42

    Re: Election Day.

    The reason they overprice everything is because the government put walls that drown out the competion. There is actually no competition whatsoever because the government regulates healthcare for 'societal good' and has effectively allowed a monopoly to exist. Deregulate everything and prices will go down.

  43. #43

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    It looks like right now in Nevada Trump is behind by just about 11k votes which will end the election even if everything else goes his way

    Whats kinda funny is this is roughly the same amount of people that decided they hated both options as president
    Tbh Trump will most likely lose barring any weirdness going on with the ballots, of which there are some reports but only a couple that are really credible.
    And, even if there is some weirdness, Joe Biden may win either way.

  44. #44

  45. #45

    Re: Election Day.

    One of the traditional methods of imposing statism or socialism on a people has been by way of medicine. It's very easy to disguise a medical program as a humanitarian project. . . . Now, the American people, if you put it to them about socialized medicine and gave them a chance to choose, would unhesitatingly vote against it. We have an example of this. Under the Truman administration it was proposed that we have a compulsory health insurance program for all people in the United States, and, of course, the American people unhesitatingly rejected this.

    We must oppose healthcare regulation to protect freedom and capitalism!

  46. #46

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The reason they overprice everything is because the government put walls that drown out the competion. There is actually no competition whatsoever because the government regulates healthcare for 'societal good' and has effectively allowed a monopoly to exist. Deregulate everything and prices will go down.
    How do you even run a society with a functional unregulated healthcare system? When an ambulance comes to rescue someone incapacitated on the street, what would even happen? The paramedics can't just assume the incapacitated person would pay for care. That's the equivalent of someone noticing your fence is broken, fixing it for you and demanding payment. Surely it's natural for the state to enter the equation and put controls on how payment can be taken. Otherwise... would paramedics be expected to find I.D. on the person's body, and run that I.D. through a database of individuals who consent to emergency care? Or will the healthcare industry get special privileges to force people to accept paid treatment without caveats?

    Hospitals and the like have very strict regulations on how they can treat a patient. If they fail to save the life of someone due to neglect, or worsen someone's condition, they can get hit by a serious legal barrage. Do you envision a world where consumers naturally gravitate towards better hospitals after certain hospitals establish a reputation of being less reliable? Do you trust consumers who by and large have next to no medical understanding to be able to recognise what hospitals are good and which aren't? Or are you expecting third party companies that assess various hospitals to spring up and do the research for the consumer?

    Tying both of these issues together, just because you consent to having your fence fixed, doesn't mean you consent to having it fixed by anyone. You may only consent to emergency care from some hospitals, how would the paramedic account for that when they come to pick you up?

    I'm assuming I've misinterpreted what you meant by unregulated? I'm not trying to strawman you. Maybe you meant something softer? The way you phrase your point makes it sound like you literally think any reduction of regulation is a step in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  47. #47

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The reason they overprice everything is because the government put walls that drown out the competion. There is actually no competition whatsoever because the government regulates healthcare for 'societal good' and has effectively allowed a monopoly to exist. Deregulate everything and prices will go down.
    Did you even think once before you posted this?

    Canada's healthcare is like 100x more regulated than the US and all medical shit is way cheaper there. It's so fucking cheap that Trump was applauded for finally allowing people to buy medicine from Canada because it was so fucking expensive in the states.

    And before you make some sort of argument of "oh well it's more expensive through taxes" I'll preempt that by pointing out that Canadian public healthcare expenditure is less than US public healthcare expenditure.

  48. #48

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Tbh Trump will most likely lose barring any weirdness going on with the ballots, of which there are some reports but only a couple that are really credible.
    And, even if there is some weirdness, Joe Biden may win either way.
    I think its extreemly unlikely that Trump can do anything at all now. For him to win he needs a lot of states to flip and even if there is vote fraud going on there would have to be some massive numbers of it in very select locations for him to have any shot.

    I am happy the race does not look close right now. It will work against he "They cheated" rhetoric and help create stability for the next 4 years.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  49. #49

  50. #50

    Re: Election Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    You'd think if Democrats went through all the effort of cheating they'd also steal the senate. I guess they forgot? Maybe the vote printers ran out of ink?
    It's still actually possible to win the senate. Just a higher chance for Repubs to steal it.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •