Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Occupations

1. ISO #51

Re: Occupations

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    when shit is less fucked we r going to a karaoke bar
    Stop sending death threats to Stealth like this, it's rude!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Where in tx are you I’ll give you a live performance
    Dallas area
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Now we HAVE to meet up
    You near Denton bro?
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

5. ISO #55

Mostly falling into insanity these days. Living off some money generated from a patent I created years ago. Dribbling over some pipe dream of creating a system to teach math in a different way to kids using VR to change the parts of the brain used for math. Wrecking and rebuilding a houses for fun. Messing with my friends businesses needs to meet my social needs.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Sounds pretty cool, more deets if you aren't worried about someone yoinking the idea?
    Sure. For the TLDR version I believe that stimulating depth perception while teaching mathematics could cause a person to learn to process mathematics using a part of their brain thats much more effective at preforming calculations.

Spoiler : The long version :
    Theres a few things I put together.

The first was when I was a kid I read a book from Dr. Edward De Bono called "Teaching Thinking" which opened up my mind to meta cognitive processes. I was immediately able to tinker with the way I processed information and it became an obsession. I only read the book once and I was like 11 at the time but I still use his presented exercise for leveraging visual, abstract, and spacial memory to demonstrate the ability of apply metacognition.

One came from a TV show I watched called "Stan Lee's superhumans" where he covers people with crazy unique abilities. One episode was called "The Human Calculator." You could throw big numbers at him like "whats 4123 times 1389" and he would instantly spit out the answer. The show is about understanding 'why' someone is superhuman so they ended up hooking him up to an MRI machine. They found he was simply processing mathmatics using a part of his brain that preforms complex depth perception calculations.

After the war I ended up doing pretty much every PTSD therapy I could find. I felt like there had to be some way I could restructure the mess I made of my mind and a few things worked. One of the first ones that shocked me in how effective it was is called EMDR or "Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing" therapy. Before I did that I would freak the fuck out when I smelled burnt hair. The sessions basically just had you process stuff while moving your eyes. To my supprise a month later I was in a bar and drunk guy burns his beard lighting a cigarette. I smelled the burnt hair and it took a moment for me to realize I was unaffected. No feelings of terror, sweating, shaking or anything. That shit really worked so I started obsessing over how it worked.

I read a bunch of medical journals on it and eventually came across Neuro-linguistic programming. I had actually received a small bit of training on the subject in my counter-espionage training but this really connected the dots. The practice basically relates a connection between the direction of eye movement and the parts of the brain being used. (Its really cool if you study a bit but you HAVE to keep in mind the locations are idio-syncratic. There is no "eyes move right means X" for everyone and a study very clearly demonstrated that.)

Then I understood that EMDR was simply a reverse process of that. Eye movement was used to access different parts of the brain while processing trauma allowing for the mind to process it differently.

So then I put it all together:
    -If Eye movement stimulates different parts of the brain and makes people process information with those parts
    -If 'Scott Flansburg' uses a different part of his brain to be a human calculator
    -Then I should be able to use VR to stimulate depth perception making mathematics processed similarly to how Scott Flansburg does.

One very significant issue I have come across is that it is absolute hell to re-map something already mentally established. Here is a really cool video that demonstrates this with a 'reverse geared bicycle' and how higher neuro-plasticity in children allow them to remap their mind while adults cant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzDaBzBlL0 After understanding that I started to focus specifically on teaching children.

I spoke to Rev a year or so about it and he was interested but I havent figured out how to network the concept into motion. I figured if I created a proof of concept I could easily get things moving but that in itself is difficult. Because its dealing with children that creates a lot of problems and I have a true hatred for the academic community at this point in how they function. What they have done to education greatly offends me.

Where I am at right now is I plan to use a VR video game console and code up something super basic then hook up with some NPO that travels to third world country to educate children and such and try my concept. It cuts all the red tape and if I am able to get one or a few children I can use that proof of concept to shoot for a research grant.

I may be delusional but I do feel that if I am right it could change the way we look at overall education. The conversation would shift from 'This is a thing and here is how it works' into 'this is a thing, here is how it works, and this is the part of the brain that is most effective at preforming the function.' That is really what I believe education should be anyways. I think its disgusting that medicognitive processes are only taught by accident in education and I feel like I can have a 10 minute conversation with a person and have a greater impact on their underlying memory function that they get in their first 12 years of schooling in America.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

8. ISO #58

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Dallas area
    If you ever want to make a stupid amount of money and dont mind dealing with craigslist people I could throw you a business concept thats blowing up in that area.

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    If you ever want to make a stupid amount of money and dont mind dealing with craigslist people I could throw you a business concept thats blowing up in that area.
    sounds legit and not like a scam sign me up
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

10. ISO #60

Mostly falling into insanity these days. Living off some money generated from a patent I created years ago. Dribbling over some pipe dream of creating a system to teach math in a different way to kids using VR to change the parts of the brain used for math. Wrecking and rebuilding a houses for fun. Messing with my friends businesses needs to meet my social needs.
    are you the one that was in the army or some shit

11. ISO #61

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    are you the one that was in the army or some shit
    We actually have had quite a few vets in the community. I don't remember exactly who was in what but I was in the Marines.

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    oh ok. what patent did u design my bubba
    I have a few. The only one that makes me money was something pretty simple that modified a specific type of Geiger Counter. I dont really want to talk about that because it makes me money and the intellectual property industry is evil as fuck.

I also made a mount for a specific type of industrial pipe threads that could mount a laser range finder for a process called 'strapping pipe' used in drilling to measure the lengths of pipe before putting the pipe underground to estimate the length of drill string. Everyone I tried to do something with that with wanted me to go into sales and I just wanted the passive income. (its actually like 12 patents but the only difference is the size and thread type for each) Its unfortunate because I had real high hopes for that one.

Then I made one for a clamp with a 90 degree elbow and a bearing housed in a spherical handle that could attach to a wrench or Allen key or whatever else you wanted to make it rotate quick and easy. That one was not whats called 'covering' and has pretty much no value.

I submitted a patent for the teaching method I described earlier in the post but its pending. I actually only want to prevent anyone else from 'limiting' peoples access to that if it works but to do that you pretty much have to patent it yourself and then declare your allowing anyone to use it under whatever terms as the owner of the intellectual property.

Then there was a cordless hair dryer a few years back. I think I actually had conversations with people in Skype about battery systems for it. The issue is that blowers and heating elements have a huge current draw so I was originally thinking I could make the structure of the hair dryer the battery itself but it just didnt feel viable and Dyson had a product out so I switched to only requiring the power for the blower and using a packet of iron, magnesium, and salt which would create an exothermic reaction when water was added. That was kinda a shit design because girls don't want to play chemistry and by the nature of being water activated it added moisture into the air being blown limiting the absorption of the hot air. I was going to solve that by having the packets heat a metal element though conduction to put the heat in the air but it had too many issues and I had no confidence the product would ever hold real value even if it did solve a big chunk of the 'cordless hairdryer energy' issue. If anyone wants to run with that concept feel free

I also have a design for a rain catch supplemented chicken water system using a float valve for when there is no rain but I am not sure if I can do anything with it. I never want to deal with sales and dislike dealing with people in that way.

Theres quite a few things I spent some time on and never did anything with but those are most of the ones I took seriously. I dont touch it much now because the patent industry is plagued by 'companies' who just file ghost patents all day and wait for someone else to do something similar to their patent successfully so they can sue them for infringement. Its more of a legal game of recognizing they can throw X amount of dollars at you in lawyers costing you X amount of dollars so settling with them costs you less. There is a way around this by holding the patent under a type S corporation and then veiling the company through a series of LLC's which increases their cost of suing you while decreasing your cost of defense because each tier you add is called a 'Third party lawsuit' but thats all a headache. The more I learn about business in america the less I like it and I don't really want that toxicity in my life.

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    sounds legit and not like a scam sign me up
    Feels like a joke? My humor radar on forums is still shit >.<

15. ISO #65

Feels like a joke? My humor radar on forums is still shit >.<
    I’m actually interested lol. Idk if you want to post it in the open but feel free to pm me here or dm me on discord.
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

16. ISO #66

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    I’m actually interested lol. Idk if you want to post it in the open but feel free to pm me here or dm me on discord.
    Sure. DM works. I kinda think the interaction helps with this sort of thing

17. ISO #67

Sure. For the TLDR version I believe that stimulating depth perception while teaching mathematics could cause a person to learn to process mathematics using a part of their brain thats much more effective at preforming calculations.
    I used the Ioci method of memorization in college quite a few times and it ended up being really easy to memorize long strings of seemingly random shit when I needed to. Connecting spatial cognition with memory works so well it's fucking crazy.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

Apo is the senior dev at this web hosting/CMS company. They tend have to do everything from backend php or nodejs, to frontend widgets (angularjs/angular+/mootools/etc), to realtor/MLS contracts, to tech support, to project management.

Blaaahhh... jack of all trades wears you out.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.