Selective Racism - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 151 to 200 of 200
  1. #151

  2. #152

    Re: Selective Racism

    The only reason you are using that word is because it is edgy and shocking to people. It is edgy because of the racist connotation. You do not get to divorce the racist meaning from the word when the racist meaning is solely the reason you are using it.

    You would not be using the word "nigger" nor defending for its use if it wasn't a racial slur for black people. Especially in the context that you're using it in, which is as shock humour specifically invoking the racist meaning behind it.

    Stop trying to pretend otherwise. The only thing you're doing is signalling that you're either a closet racist desperately trying to hide it or an actual fucking moron.

  3. #153

  4. #154

    Re: Selective Racism

    Youíre damn right thatís the reason Iím using it. I find it pretty funny that people would lose their shit over a simple word that means nothint more than ďblack personĒ and is even used by blacks themselves as an endonym. As for the rest of your accusations, pointless ad hominems again.

  5. #155

  6. #156

  7. #157

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You’re damn right that’s the reason I’m using it. I find it pretty funny that people would lose their shit over a simple word that means nothint more than “black person” and is even used by blacks themselves as an endonym. As for the rest of your accusations, pointless ad hominems again.
    Ah, so you're either willfully ignorant or a fucking moron if you think it just means nothing more than "black person"

    Educate yourself or fuck off
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  8. #158

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    So you literally just admitted that you're using "nigger" because it's racist but then somehow arguing that you aren't racist?

    Also ad hominem isn't a magic spell that you can use to absolve yourself of being called a massive pussy. That makes you even more of a pussy.
    Youíre impossible to talk to man, you know that? Itís like youíre so blinded by hatred for Republicans that you donít even see anything else other than what your own confirmation bias and ideology tell you to see. On a personal level because I feel like youíre not a stupid guy at all I suggest you reassess your own prejudices and ideas. You might find Iím not actually that unreasonable and that I can be nice when you actually genuinely listen

  9. #159

  10. #160

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You’re impossible to talk to man, you know that? It’s like you’re so blinded by hatred for Republicans that you don’t even see anything else other than what your own confirmation bias and ideology tell you to see. On a personal level because I feel like you’re not a stupid guy at all I suggest you reassess your own prejudices and ideas. You might find I’m not actually that unreasonable and that I can be nice when you actually genuinely listen
    Hey stop resorting to personal attacks you leftist

    Attack his argument not his person, jesus
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  11. #161

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I feel like you should genuinely consider therapy and I do not mean that in an angry or antagonizing way.
    Tbh I probably should. No sane person would do this to themselves amd argue with complete strangers who canít debate and automatically assume theyíre right. But yet here I am.

  12. #162

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Youíre impossible to talk to man, you know that? Itís like youíre so blinded by hatred for Republicans that you donít even see anything else other than what your own confirmation bias and ideology tell you to see. On a personal level because I feel like youíre not a stupid guy at all I suggest you reassess your own prejudices and ideas. You might find Iím not actually that unreasonable and that I can be nice when you actually genuinely listen
    What do Republicans have to do with this entire conversation?

    Unless you're linking Republicans to being racist and spamming "nigger" all the time, which I guess is a conclusion I didn't expect you to come to but I guess I can jive with that.

  13. #163

  14. #164

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Hey stop resorting to personal attacks you leftist

    Attack his argument not his person, jesus
    I wasnít attacking him, I was genuinely talking to him because of all the people on this websire oops has been the most confusing in my opinion by far

  15. #165

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    What do Republicans have to do with this entire conversation?

    Unless you're linking Republicans to being racist and spamming "nigger" all the time, which I guess is a conclusion I didn't expect you to come to but I guess I can jive with that.
    I mean... yeah, sure, whatever.

  16. #166

  17. #167

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I wasnít attacking him, I was genuinely talking to him because of all the people on this websire oops has been the most confusing in my opinion by far
    "Youíre impossible to talk to man, you know that?"

    "Itís like youíre so blinded by hatred for Republicans"

    "you donít even see anything else other than what your own confirmation bias and ideology tell you to see."

    "I suggest you reassess your own prejudices and ideas."

    "when you actually genuinely listen"

    This from the same person that posted this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Well, seeing as you had to hijack this discussion and turn it personal (why do leftists always do that)
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  18. #168

  19. #169

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    "Youíre impossible to talk to man, you know that?"

    "Itís like youíre so blinded by hatred for Republicans"

    "you donít even see anything else other than what your own confirmation bias and ideology tell you to see."

    "I suggest you reassess your own prejudices and ideas."

    "when you actually genuinely listen"

    This from the same person that posted this:
    Banana I donít hate leftists and I myself have a certain degree of respect for some (very-far-left anarchist) ideas because Iím somewhat of an anarchist myself (though of a different creed). My problem is with radicals and nowadays most of those are onnthe left.

  20. #170

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Banana I don’t hate leftists and I myself have a certain degree of respect for some (very-far-left anarchist) ideas because I’m somewhat of an anarchist myself (though of a different creed). My problem is with radicals and nowadays most of those are onnthe left.
    You're showing your own bias here. There are radicals on both sides, this "most of the radicals are on the left" is nonsense, when the right has plenty of radicals in white supremacists, neo nazis, fascists... oh wait you think those are on the left huh
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  21. #171

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Banana I donít hate leftists and I myself have a certain degree of respect for some (very-far-left anarchist) ideas because Iím somewhat of an anarchist myself (though of a different creed). My problem is with radicals and nowadays most of those are onnthe left.
    Do you think these guys are radicals?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    congrats you're an inspiration to pedophiles everywhere
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  22. #172

    Re: Selective Racism

    LOL THIS THREAD YOU GUYS ARE STILL ARGUING WITH GANELON, GET A HOLD OF YOURSELVES LOL ITS ALMOST 2021
    Spoiler : Forum Mafia :

    FM VI: Ash (Sinner) FM VII: Glen (Drug Dealer) FM VIII: Liane (Vigilante) FM IX: Andrei (Reserved Proletarian) FM X: fm Deathfire123 (Modkilled Blacksmith) FM XI: Corki (Citizen) FM XIII: Phoebe (Bodyguard) FM XIV: Helena (Grave Robber) FM XV: FM Pikachu (Mayor) FM XVI: FM Master Chef (Escort)

  23. #173

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    LOL THIS THREAD YOU GUYS ARE STILL ARGUING WITH GANELON, GET A HOLD OF YOURSELVES LOL ITS ALMOST 2021
    I got to tell you that he waited all his life
    For someone like you to come make the wrong things right
    I know he didn't have the answers all the time
    But you can't tell me that you've never told a lie
    We're almost twenty-three and you're still mad at me
    So much that I said to you and I want to take it back now
    Twenty-three and it's so sad to me
    You tell the world I'm dead to you
    But I know you want me back now
    Was it fun for you to watch him fall apart? (Watch me fall)
    And suffocate him while you held him in your arms (in your arms)
    I swear to God I wish he never let you in (let you in)
    And I just hope we never hear from you again
    We're almost twenty-three and you're still mad at me
    So much that I said to you and I want to take it back now
    Twenty-three and it's so sad to me
    you tell the world I'm dead to you
    But I know you want me back
    Wasted on you (wasted on you)
    Wasted on you (so much time I've)
    Wasted on you (wasted on you)
    Wasted on you
    On you
    On you
    Twenty-three and you're still mad at me
    So much that I said to you and I want to take it back now
    Twenty-three and it's so sad to me
    You tell the world I'm dead to you
    But I know you want me back now
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  24. #174

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I just don't understand the appeal of saying things just because you aren't supposed to say them. You've done this before- you got warned on a different site for using the word retarded, then you proceeded to say "that's retarded" and went out of your way to say the word "retarded" multiple times and got banned. That's textbook belligerence, isn't it? Breaking the rules just because you don't like the rules or just because you're told not to?

    It's so obtuse for me because that's not ever something I would do. If someone asked me not to use the word retarded I would apologize and try not to use it around them. Same for autistic or anything else.

    Side note: saying your race has below average intelligence does not help your case in any way shape or form especially now that you've done it twice.
    this smells a lot like the "lynch" debate we had some time ago.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  25. #175

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    this smells a lot like the "lynch" debate we had some time ago.
    That's because I pulled this exact same point out in that thread, but it's WAY more applicable here.

    Lynch is a word where it's like "ehhhh" but racial slurs are a huge no-no in everyday functional life.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    congrats you're an inspiration to pedophiles everywhere
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  26. #176

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Do you think these guys are radicals?
    Whew, I didn't realize it was that bad. (I mean it's Wikipedia but still)

    I'd make a thread to talk about it, but it'd be rather anticlimatic...
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  27. #177

    Re: Selective Racism

    73FCFC2E-A984-4D7A-8163-16621137AD0E.png

    who tf sent me this negative rep. i’m asian and deal w dumb racist shit too. irl, in the sc2maf mod, and on discord. AND i was only addressing oberon in that post, SO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO BRING ME INTO THIS SHITTY DISCUSSION?!?

    arguing politics on the internet makes no one happy. that’s the only point i’m trying to make.
    Last edited by theoneceko; November 2nd, 2020 at 12:14 PM.

  28. #178

  29. #179

  30. #180

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    73FCFC2E-A984-4D7A-8163-16621137AD0E.png

    who tf sent me this negative rep. i’m asian and deal w dumb racist shit too. irl, in the sc2maf mod, and on discord. AND i was only addressing oberon in that post, SO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO BRING ME INTO THIS SHITTY DISCUSSION?!?

    arguing politics on the internet makes no one happy. that’s the only point i’m trying to make.
    whoever did that, you're literally losing to UwU-Man in a debate he doesn't want to be into.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  31. #181

  32. #182

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Those are radical leftists masquerading as right wingers to make president trump look bad, DUH
    Must be a radical ANTIFA "propaganda by reverse action" cell.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  33. #183

  34. #184

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Whew, I didn't realize it was that bad. (I mean it's Wikipedia but still)

    I'd make a thread to talk about it, but it'd be rather anticlimatic...
    Fuckers literally tried to blow up a bridge and trump said ďmaybe itís a problem maybe itís notĒ
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    congrats you're an inspiration to pedophiles everywhere
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  35. #185

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Do you think these guys are radicals?
    wouldn't these guys be considered anarchists if they're trying to kidnap government officials? that's a left wing tactic, because left wingers are anarchsts.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  36. #186

  37. #187

  38. #188

  39. #189

  40. #190

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    some1 should host a republicans vs democrats setup.
    Trump vs Biden with some undecided voters, Barack, Hillary, and Harris as Biden teammates, Pence and the trump family on that side. Maybe some Bernie, Warren, McCain as people with dual win conditions
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  41. #191

  42. #192

  43. #193

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    My favorite take of arguing on this forum was when I was told Republicans aren't nazis because the illuminati left is making up global warming.
    This got a good chuckle out of me.
    Kinda true though. There is a very real difference between argument and debate. I will say I have had a number of conversations here that have really made me challenge my beliefs and question things that take me on intellectual adventures I enjoy when I am not making a drunken fool of myself ; )

    As for the conversation in this thread. I would call it arguing. I would be surprised if anything less than 75% of the posts so far did not have some level of ad hominem or strawmanning going on with an uncomfortable level of gas-lighting thrown in for good measure.

    I could say that there is a very obvious community opinion that Oberon should take debates a bit more seriously and has some significant issues with understanding where his views come from but the level of personal attack in this thread made me unhappy. Seeing a bunch of people jump on one guy and saying things like he needs medication and therapy isn't cool in my book regardless of what you think of his beliefs. I personally feel that constructive criticism works better when its delivered with a measure of respect for the same reason selective racism exists and the same reason I believe this thread went the way it did.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  44. #194

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    This got a good chuckle out of me.
    Kinda true though. There is a very real difference between argument and debate. I will say I have had a number of conversations here that have really made me challenge my beliefs and question things that take me on intellectual adventures I enjoy when I am not making a drunken fool of myself ; )

    As for the conversation in this thread. I would call it arguing. I would be surprised if anything less than 75% of the posts so far did not have some level of ad hominem or strawmanning going on with an uncomfortable level of gas-lighting thrown in for good measure.

    I could say that there is a very obvious community opinion that Oberon should take debates a bit more seriously and has some significant issues with understanding where his views come from but the level of personal attack in this thread made me unhappy. Seeing a bunch of people jump on one guy and saying things like he needs medication and therapy isn't cool in my book regardless of what you think of his beliefs. I personally feel that constructive criticism works better when its delivered with a measure of respect for the same reason selective racism exists and the same reason I believe this thread went the way it did.
    Less seriously, I think you mean?

  45. #195

    Re: Selective Racism

    Oh no, I forgot Helz had -9999999999 rep and uprepped him instead of downrepping him

    The intent remains, though.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  46. #196

    Re: Selective Racism

    In any event one major problem I always face is that people always seem to be so unwilling to listen. I admit I am not always the most convincing orator or the best at explaining my viewpoints but I really do feel like a lot of the time I'm talking to a wall and every time I try harder I just get hit in the head - harder.
    This is probably also a moral problem on my end because as SB16 pointed out, I am kind of an arrogant ass, however, at the same time, I would not be so gleeful if I were met with actual normal responses instead of either baseless assertions (God, they're so common nowadays) or downright personal attacks. I put the two in the same category because they're both just as detrimental to having an actual dialogue as opposed to both parties just projecting their own biases in verbal form at one another.

  47. #197

  48. #198

  49. #199

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    In any event one major problem I always face is that people always seem to be so unwilling to listen. I admit I am not always the most convincing orator or the best at explaining my viewpoints but I really do feel like a lot of the time I'm talking to a wall and every time I try harder I just get hit in the head - harder.
    I want you to know that I like you, but you should recognize that within this thread you have a chunk of your peers telling you that you do not listen. That when they spend time to say real things to you they feel you just regurgitate information back at them with little substance.
    You are talking to a wall because its not a conversation you are having. I have the same problem sometimes but when I do I try to hit softer instead of harder. I try to understand why I am not getting through to them because I know if someone just hits me harder I want to make the fight bloody but turning destructive criticism into constructive criticism is what matters. Establish common ground and make an effort.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    This is probably also a moral problem on my end because as SB16 pointed out, I am kind of an arrogant ass, however, at the same time, I would not be so gleeful if I were met with actual normal responses instead of either baseless assertions (God, they're so common nowadays) or downright personal attacks. I put the two in the same category because they're both just as detrimental to having an actual dialogue as opposed to both parties just projecting their own biases in verbal form at one another.
    I do not think you are immoral and I do not think you are arrogant. If you were immoral you wouldn't stand for things you believe in and arrogance speaks to personal pride while you take pride in the things you believe in. I think you should take more time to consider why you believe the things you believe in but you hit a lot on the head between baseless assertions and projecting bias.

    Even if your not great at making a connection people always respect effort and thats one of the huge criticisms of your communication.
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

  50. #200

    Re: Selective Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Maybe next thread will be different?
    I have something I have been studying for.. however long its been sense I mentioned the concept on the hitler trump whatever thread. I think it touches on the nature of why we jump at etchothers throats both in this thread and as a society and I do hope it can make the next thread different (although I do admit thats very grandiose)
    What does not kill you makes you feel stupid when you wish it would have
    It only makes you stronger if you choose to not be a victim

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •