worst programming language you've ever seen/used
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

worst programming language you've ever seen/used

what is it?
    for me it's probably the language used in Praat scripts.
    if you don't know what Praat is, it's a sound analysis tool and its actually pretty decent. however, the scripting language is horrifying. the documentation is nearly nonexistent and the syntax is fucking weird.

2. ISO #2

Re: worst programming language you've ever seen/used

English.
    Why does everything need to be in English
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Plotato View Post
    BY THE WAY, FOR YE OLDE WEBMASTERS OF THIS HERE WEBSITE, YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE STYLING SO THAT

Code:
    .bbcode_container div.bbcode_code, .bbcode_container pre.bbcode_code {
        overflow: auto;
    }
    SO THAT THE CODE DOESN'T HAVE RANDOM HORIZONTAL SCROLLING. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO MY TED TALK.
    Uh, overflow seems to already be set to auto. I can only get a horizontal scroll bar to appear if I squeeze the page as thin as possible. Are you using a different style? I’ve tested on dark core and vbulletin default and same behavior. Couldn’t find an overflow: scroll in the page source. Only autos and hiddens.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Plotato View Post
    On the compressed mess
    Code:
    main-rollup.css
    (which I assume is composed of different css files, compressed) there is the templating style for
    Code:
    bbccode_code
    , specifically
    Code:
    .bbcode_container pre.bbcode_code
    that sets
    Code:
    overflow: scroll;
    which would mean the scrollbars in every direction are present regardless of overflow or not. Now for some reason the HTML styling has it default to
    Code:
    overflow: auto;
    so that the problem isn't here anymore...?
    I’m so sorry, I posted that cuz I thought you were talking about a horizontal scroll bar on the entire site. When I realized you were talking about the code block I changed it!
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

French and Italian are fun. English is a hard language to sing in. German is more difficult but I love it.

The hardest thing I’ve done was in some Indian language that I don’t remember; from a bollywood movie. It was called Balleilaka (probably misspelled). It gets really fast at one point and there are a lot of consonants but it was fun as fuck. I’d perform it again if I had the opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

8. ISO #8

Oh based senseis, how do I get the computer program to have pictures and not be a black screen? All I can do is mathematical computations and text based RPGs in python someone pls guide my rookie ass to the light.

And why the hell can I make infinite lists in lists? Does that have some practical application or is that some by-product of how the language is constructed? Or is it a flex? (Do programmers flex?)

Sincerely, a filthy casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

9. ISO #9

tbh classes just seem like post-modernist PC nonsense. You should just write out everything you want to happen using if statements tbh. In fact, while and for loops are also a waste of time. You can just replace all your while and for loops with functions and if statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

10. ISO #10

Code:
    public static isEven(value: number): boolean {
      if (value === 1) {
        return false
      } else if (value === 2) {
        return true
      } else if (value === 3) {
        return false
      } else if (value === 4) {
        return true
      } else if (value === 5) {
        return false
      } else if (value === 6) {
        return true
      } else if (value === 7) {
        return false
      } else if (value === 8) {
        return true
      } else if (value === 9) {
        return false
      }
    }

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Java doesn't let you overload operators :P
    So if you have two vectors, you have to make a method .add(), and call it every time you want to add two vectors.
    Meanwhile in F# you can do:

[<Struct>]
    type 't Vector when 't: equality and 't: comparison and t': ( static member (+) : ('t, 't) -> 't) =
    {
    x: 't
    y: 't
    }
    static member (+) (left: Vector, right: Vector) =
    {
    x = left.x + right.x
    y = left.y + right.y
    }
    and then you can just do:
    let c: Vector = a + b
    when a and b are vectors.

You can also define your new operators this way. There is a downside to this, namely that it is possible to define operators that either are not intuitive in terms of what they do,
    or operators that look like regular ones but do something completely different. If you do it right, however, you can more or less make your own DSL in F# (without writing a compiler or shit for it):

For instance, if you have a graph that you defined a type for yourself (this is actually not necessary, but more on that later), you can make an operator for linking two nodes, something like: <-> or <=>.
    Instead of calling a method or function for that.
    Last edited by Oberon; October 15th, 2020 at 08:39 AM.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    tbh classes just seem like post-modernist PC nonsense. You should just write out everything you want to happen using if statements tbh. In fact, while and for loops are also a waste of time. You can just replace all your while and for loops with functions and if statements.
    bro fuck that, you're not a real programmer unless you send electrons to various parts of your CPU

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Press F in the chat

So far if I had to name a language I actively disliked from the ones I had to use I'd say Delphi is pretty high up there. Just don't like it but I only dabbled in it. LotusScript is also kinda bleh but I'm nostalgic for it because I made some cool things with it and it's one of the first languages I had to actually work with at my first job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22