Modbot Bias (9P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Modbot Bias (9P)

Modbot Bias (9P)

==Role List==

Town Odd-Night Doctor (Victim Modifier)
    Town Even-Night Doctor (Victim Modifier)
    Town Citizen
    Town Citizen
    Town Citizen
    Town Citizen
    Town Citizen

Mafia Mafioso (Victim Modifier)
    Mafia Consigliere

Please note whenever the term "Elimination" is used here, it is referring to the day action that eliminates a player from the game through a voting process done by all living players. Players may refer to it with their own terms if they so wish.

==Rules==
    DO NOT quote any PM’s to or from me.

Obviously, the forum rules apply here.

I reserve this color (#ae0b66) for host responses, messages, and/or posts. Avoid using colors similar to it. Messages will be remade in a spoiler, with a different (but unreserved) color just in case it is too difficult to read. Flavor posts (Ex: SoD, Start of Night, Elimination flavor, etc) will not be remade in a different color unless requested to do so.

In the words of Helz: “Keep hostilities Slot directed. Not player directed” (No personal attacks please)

No invisible text what-so-ever.

10 notably contributing posts minimum per day. If I feel that you have been too inactive, you may be prodded (and then replaced). While I understand IRL things happen, subs/reserves are for the purpose of replacing people because of things like that. However, I won't replace on a whim, especially if it is in the foreseeable future that you will be able to dedicate more time to the game.

Rules in this section may be added or removed if someone else hosts this.

==Basic Mechanics==

Days 48h / Nights 24h

There is no night 0.

Roles with night actions may PM ahead of time for night actions, before Night begins.

Eliminations are PLURALITY-ONLY. No majority, which means there is no hammering. There won't be any L-X; the elimination will happen at end of day. See special mechanics.

PM’s are not allowed unless they are to the Host.

Upon death, the player’s role card (including alignments) will flip.

Actions may only be submitted up to the hour before night ends. Any actions submitted beyond that time will be ignored.

Last wills are allowed.

Death notes are not allowed.

Suicide is not allowed.

==Special Mechanics==

Spoiler : Dual Random Elimination (DRE) mechanic :

Day eliminations must always rand between 2 players

This means that the top two wagons will be considered for a single elimination and be randed (“randed” = “randomly selected”)

The relative number of votes will influence the random chance either favorably or disfavorably towards players in being eliminated.

Here's an example:

3 vote wagon
    2 vote wagon

The 2-vote wagon has only 2/3rds the vote of the 3 vote wagon, therefore there is a (2/3 x 50%) = 1/3rd (33.33%) chance the 2-vote wagon will be randed for elimination. This also means a 2/3rd (66.66%) chance that the 3-vote wagon will be randed for elimination.

In the event that there is only one wagon, a random player will be selected among the not-voted-for players and will be presumed to
    have one vote against them.

Here's another example:

Only one wagon containing 4 votes
    A random 0 vote wagon is selected, and is presumed to have 1 vote.

The 1 vote wagon has 1/4th the vote power of the 4 vote wagon, therefore there is a (1/4 x 50%) 12.5% chance the 1-vote wagon will be randed for elimination. This also means a 87.5% chance that the 4-vote wagon will be randed for elimination.

The DRE mechanic is DISABLED during situations where the town must correctly eliminate a mafia.

The DRE mechanic is also DISABLED if the town votes to skip day.

In the event that there is a tie including or beyond 2 players, the elimination will proceed and be randed as it normally would.

This is processed by:
    (1) Determining the top two wagons (As shown above)
    (2) Determining the chance that the smaller wagon is eliminated instead (As shown above)
    (3) Convert the percentage into a number between 1 and 100, rounded to the nearest whole number (ex: 12.5% = 13).
    (4) Utilizing Random.Org to generate a number between 1 and 100, and if the number is below the number that was determined in step 3, the smaller wagon is eliminated. If the number is above, the larger wagon is eliminated.

Spoiler : Victim Modifier :

In addition to the DRE mechanic, if either of the players in the top two wagons have the "Victim Modifier" on their role (And have at least 2 votes on them), then they will receive priority in that they will always be eliminated over the other wagon UNLESS the other player being wagon'ed also has the "Victim Modifier" (And at least 2 votes on them)

To help others understand better how this Victim modifier will work with DRE, here's a list of scenarios:

Spoiler : Scenarios :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
    3 vote Non-Victim wagon
    2 vote Non-Victim wagon

DRE proceeds as normal.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
    3 vote Non-Victim wagon
    2 vote Victim wagon

DRE is overridden -- the Victim role will always be eliminated here because they have at least 2 votes and are among the top 2 wagons.
    3 vote Victim wagon
    2 vote Non-Victim wagon

DRE is overridden -- the Victim role will always be eliminated here because they have at least 2 votes and are among the top 2 wagons.
    3 vote Victim wagon
    2 vote Victim wagon

DRE proceeds normally here since they both satisfy the "victim modifier"; they're in the top two AND have at least two votes.
    3 vote Victim wagon
    1 vote Victim wagon

DRE is overridden -- Because the 1 vote wagon is not 2 votes or more, their "victim modifier" isn't active and therefore the 3-vote wagon is always eliminated here because their victim modifier is active while the other's is not.
    3 vote Non-Victim wagon
    1 vote Victim wagon

DRE proceeds normally here since the Victim doesn't have at least 2 votes or more, therefore their "Victim Modifier" hasn't taken effect.

==Roles==

Odd/Even Night Doctor (Victim Modifier)

You are the (odd/even night) doctor!

You can protect/heal someone from death on every odd/even-numbered night.

You have been given the Victim modifier. If you are one of the two most-voted for people for elimination, as well as having at least 2 votes on your slot, you will always be eliminated instead (Unless the other person who’s voted also has a victim modifier, in addition to having at least 2 votes on them)!

If you heal someone, they will not know who healed them, but will know they were healed.

You can't self-heal.
    Citizen

There is nothing special about you.
    Mafioso (Victim Modifier)

You are of the mafia alignment, and therefore have a Night-Only factional chat with the other members of the mafia.

Each night you may vote to kill someone. In the event of a tie, the Consigliere has the final say.

You have been given the Victim modifier. If you are one of the two most-voted for people for elimination, as well as having at least 2 votes on your slot, you will always be eliminated instead (Unless the other person who’s voted also has a victim modifier, in addition to having at least 2 votes on them)!
    Consigliere

You are of the mafia alignment, and therefore have a Night-Only factional chat with the other members of the mafia.

Each night you may vote for the mafia to kill someone. In the event of a tie, you have the final say.

You may check someone for their role on every night.
    ==Feedback==

Quote Originally Posted by Healed
    You were attacked last night, however emergency services managed to save your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Consigliere Check
    Last night, you found out that [Player] is a [Role]!
    Last edited by MartinGG99; November 4th, 2020 at 11:04 AM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #2

Re: Modbot Bias (10P)

Ready for review.

Feel free to tell me if this DRE special mechanic seems stupid, or the Victim Modifiers, or both lol.

I also recognize that mafia compose of 30% of the players, but I think the victim modifiers might be mitigating, as well as the fact there isn't a single "doctor" role, and its split among two people.

I may consider switching out a citizen for a town power role such as an "Innocent Child" if need be.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; August 29th, 2020 at 05:01 PM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

3. ISO #3

Review in progess!

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

4. ISO #4

We discussed the DRE Mechanic in Discord (his chart):
    Larger No-victim wagon
    Smaller No-victim wagon

DRE proceeds as normal, unless otherwise stated.

Larger No-Victim wagon
    Smaller Victim wagon

DRE Is basically ignored -- so long as the Victim is at least the top-two that's voted, they will always be yeeted in this case.

Larger victim wagon
    Smaller victim wagon

DRE proceeds as normal, unless otherwise stated.

We discussed where if it's a situation where It's, say, a Citizen with basically almost everyone's vote and the second largest wagon is a victim modifier role (like doctor or mafioso) with just 1 singular vote, the DRE would be ignored. Needs 2 or more for DRE to have effect. And I like that Change. (I'd suggest clarifying the Lynching mechanic a bit more in the setup).

Are Last Wills Allowed?

Is Suicide Allowed?

Are the Odd/Even Night Roles allowed to visit on nights they don't do anything? (I know that seems small but I'm curious I guess xD)

Is Hammering Allowed? I'm assuming they're not allowed... So you would have to make sure that Hammering cannot happen. (and state so in the Setup as well).

This is all my questions/concerns for now!

Edit: Citizen - There is nothing special about you.

Talk about Hatred towards the common citizen.... D:

#CITIZENLIVESMATTER

Last edited by AIVION; August 29th, 2020 at 05:56 PM.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Ready for review.

Feel free to tell me if this DRE special mechanic seems stupid, or the Victim Modifiers, or both lol.

I also recognize that mafia compose of 30% of the players, but I think the victim modifiers might be mitigating, as well as the fact there isn't a single "doctor" role, and its split among two people.

I may consider switching out a citizen for a town power role such as an "Innocent Child" if need be.
    Oh also what is your feelings on adding that "Innocent Child" To your setup?

Would they have a victim modifier?

Would they be allowed to be healed by the Doctors?

Also I don't think it's stupid... It's quite unique! I mean I created a setup where the lynching required the votes of a "jury" and also the final say of a "judge" In a discord chat while lawyers and the victim (Defendant) Would duke it out in the game thread during the night phase (Court phase)...

So ya xD There's been weirder ways of lynchings happening on this site.

6. ISO #6

Added specification where needed, and added the "needs at least 2 votes" rule to the Victim modifier.

As for the "Innocent Child", that was only if it was decided that the town needed a buff to their power.

Also, of course the Even/Odd night roles can't do anything with their powers on the nights that they can't do. Even-Night consigliere can't check on nights 1 and 3, for example, but of course they can still vote with their mafia members on who to kill each night. Doctors can't do anything on the nights where their power cannot work; for example the Odd-Night doctor can't do anything on night 2.

I also specified that there is no night 0, some might mistake that given my other setup that I created and so I clarified there is no night 0.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

7. ISO #7

Added specification where needed, and added the "needs at least 2 votes" rule to the Victim modifier.

As for the "Innocent Child", that was only if it was decided that the town needed a buff to their power.

Also, of course the Even/Odd night roles can't do anything with their powers on the nights that they can't do. Even-Night consigliere can't check on nights 1 and 3, for example, but of course they can still vote with their mafia members on who to kill each night. Doctors can't do anything on the nights where their power cannot work; for example the Odd-Night doctor can't do anything on night 2.

I also specified that there is no night 0, some might mistake that given my other setup that I created and so I clarified there is no night 0.
    I like it! Glad you clarified a lot of stuff!

I feel like this setup has potential!

Approved!

Unless MM Has any objections you are free to add this to the Queue!!

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Thanks AIVION ^^

Just a few questions:

- Are death notes allowed?

- Can Doctors self-heal? (I'd hope not tbh lol, unless the mafia gets a roleblock)

Overall it's good to go though. The vote system is a nice idea.
    Putting this on the Mini S-FM Queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Thanks AIVION ^^

Just a few questions:

- Are death notes allowed?

- Can Doctors self-heal? (I'd hope not tbh lol, unless the mafia gets a roleblock)

Overall it's good to go though. The vote system is a nice idea.
    Putting this on the Mini S-FM Queue.
    Ofc

Ah good questions... I felt like I was missing something... lolz.

11. ISO #11

@Marshmallow Marshall

To answer your questions:

-Death notes aren't allowed

-Doctors can't self-heal.

Also, last night I was thinking about the setup a bit more.

While it does have the DRE and "Victim Modifier" special mechanics, I noticed that with the current role list if the town does not successfully heal on n1 or n2, and eliminates town on d1 and d2, then they've lost.

Which seems a bit...dumb or mafia-sided.

So after a fair bit of thought I would like to propose removing 1 Mafioso, making it 9P. Which would mean the mafia win after surviving 3 days of eliminations, with 3 successful night kills.

Would this change be alright, or do you have a better idea that would fit the setup so long as it is 10P or under?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

12. ISO #12

@Marshmallow Marshall

While it does have the DRE and "Victim Modifier" special mechanics, I noticed that with the current role list if the town does not successfully heal on n1 or n2, and eliminates town on d1 and d2, then they've lost.

So after a fair bit of thought I would like to propose removing 1 Mafioso, making it 9P. Which would mean the mafia win after surviving 3 days of eliminations, with 3 successful night kills.

Would this change be alright, or do you have a better idea that would fit the setup so long as it is 10P or under?
    Idk if you wanted my opinion on it but... I think you could either do that or Add that Innocent child role like you talked about!

Would give Town a bit more strength in those certain scenarios.

13. ISO #13

@Marshmallow Marshall

Hmm, this could work too. The setup is slightly scum-sided at the moment, but I think it becomes slightly town-sided if this change is made (considering that the doctors can claim and potentially be healed for one night if they time it well). What do you think about making the Mafia Rolecop's ability an every-night one (if you remove a mafioso)?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Hmm, this could work too. The setup is slightly scum-sided at the moment, but I think it becomes slightly town-sided if this change is made (considering that the doctors can claim and potentially be healed for one night if they time it well). What do you think about making the Mafia Rolecop's ability an every-night one (if you remove a mafioso)?
    I would be fine with making it every night, so long as you are too. Change done.

If the consigliere were to only check every even or odd-night, that would mean they would likely only get to check once during the whole game, presuming a mafia sweep (or flawless victory)

So I think making it every night is best.

Edit: I missed @AIVION 's response and I'm sorry about that. I had clicked on MM's post via "New Forum Posts" and didn't look upwards, presuming his post was the only one here.

I didn't believe Innocent Child would be a good solution because it wouldn't remove the fact that on d2, in the previous format, the town would still be at a "Miseliminate and lose" state, where if they eliminated a town they would likely lose provided no N2 heal. That's ignoring the possibility of Innocent Child being NK'ed on n1.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; August 30th, 2020 at 09:16 AM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

15. ISO #15

Re: Modbot Bias (9P)

Re-approved under the setup's current form.