Lore in FM
Register

User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lore in FM

  1. #1

    Lore in FM

    When I play FM, I always like it when the host gives interesting lore at every stage of the game. Sometimes, it's funny, sometimes, it's rather dark, but it always adds an interesting aspect to the game when it is well executed. What do you guys think about it? If you share my opinion, do you think we should ask hosts to do it more, or should they focus on something else?

    Also, what do you think about setups that use lore as a way to solve?
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  2. #2

    Re: Lore in FM

    Oh man, I used to be all about this with games I hosted. I'll try to come up with something good for the upcoming MM Anti Vaxxer game

    Definitely not for everyone, the best thing IMO to encourage hosts to do it more is acknowledge when you read it, I know for me it gives me that boost of confidence when I see someone has read and/or appreciated the stories I try to come up with
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: Lore in FM

    Iíll be honest, I use FM setups to tell stories for the most part. Lore is extremely important to me. Iím someone who moved to the NA server not for Mafia, but because NA has many cool Cortex Role play maps that EU didnít have. I absolutely enjoy creating fictional worlds. And populating then with real, live people, complete with their own attitudes, personalities, desires, traits and quirks.

  6. #6
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: Lore in FM

    Iím more a sci fi person, and Iím not very big on fantasy -although Iíve read fantasy novels from time to time. My favourite books are actually the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov, and the Chronicles of Amber (fantasy) by Roger Zelazny. The latter is absolutely amazing and isnít your average fantasy book. It is somewhat metaphysical but not in your usual fantasy way. It also has elements of Sci-Fi in it. Actually at one point the main character literally gets a factory in Switzerland to manufacture .223 caliber bullets with a special primer that only works in certain lands. And then he goes to a place where beastly, bulky men who worship him as a god live, arms them, trains them, and takes a few companies (!) of them to conquer a throne that is mostly rightfully his/

  7. #7

    Re: Lore in FM

    I like writing stories and making characters in general.
    I'm shite at preparing for it thought in terms of FM, and usually only work in bursts of creativity when it comes to writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  8. #8

    Re: Lore in FM

    I think there's a way to blur the line between RPGs and mafia. And personally, I've found that the barrier to get other people to join in in mafia is lower if I sell mafia as flavorless as possible, so I try to stay away from the blurred line as much as possible.

    So, renaming roles to fit a theme? I think that's confusing. Using lore as a way to give clues to players? I've been burned in big fms by other players using flavor as evidence.

    I'm also not a fan of DnD so that's where part of this comes from.

    Not yucking on anyone's yum of role playing though! I'm seeing the thread on people's rpg, so i'm going to emphasize that this is just me.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  9. #9

    Re: Lore in FM

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Oh man, I used to be all about this with games I hosted. I'll try to come up with something good for the upcoming MM Anti Vaxxer game

    Definitely not for everyone, the best thing IMO to encourage hosts to do it more is acknowledge when you read it, I know for me it gives me that boost of confidence when I see someone has read and/or appreciated the stories I try to come up with
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I think there's a way to blur the line between RPGs and mafia. And personally, I've found that the barrier to get other people to join in in mafia is lower if I sell mafia as flavorless as possible, so I try to stay away from the blurred line as much as possible.

    So, renaming roles to fit a theme? I think that's confusing. Using lore as a way to give clues to players? I've been burned in big fms by other players using flavor as evidence.

    I'm also not a fan of DnD so that's where part of this comes from.

    Not yucking on anyone's yum of role playing though! I'm seeing the thread on people's rpg, so i'm going to emphasize that this is just me.
    Huh, I guess this supports Banana's point that it's not for everyone. It's rather surprising that people are annoyed by roleplay, but that's good to know ^^

    I may regret saying this, but I'm fully supporting lore-heavy games personally, including (but not limited to) the anti-vaxxer game lol
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •