[WIP] S-FM The Fooling Party (12P)
Register

User Tag List

S-FM The Fooling Party (12P)

THE FOOLING PARTY

Spoiler : Change Log :

29/07 : -Switcher card updated
    Switcher may only take one action between the three possible.
    -Corrupted Assessor card updated
    Corrupted Assessor can only use their one-time ability during NIGHT.
    Another cast if at least one of the bound player die the same night as the bind is made.
    30/07 : -Switcher extra infos updated
    Switcher can become both town or triad.
    Switcher get the remaining uses of ability from the role they stole.
    -Dragon Head card updated
    Whenever Dragon Head dies, the first to replace will be the Deceiver, and then the Corrupted Assessor.
    -Mechanics changes
    To prevent former triad from revealing their team mate when switching Town, there wont be any team mate revealing at the begining of the game.
    -Added extra town rolecards : Locksmith & Scientist
    31/07 : -Added extra town rolecards : Inspector & Hunter & Military & Butler & War Surgeon & Shopkeeper
    -Added extra triad rolecard : Corrupted Citizen
    -Mechanics changes
    Infinite loop doesnt work. Bus Driver looping with another Bus Driver will result in any of them moving.
    01/08 : -Added extra triad rolecards : Sniper & Spy & Sorcerer
    -Scientist card updated
    Scientist may choose between 2 different night actions.
    -Locksmith card updated
    Locksmith can lock down 1 player. Nobody can visit this player.
    -Fooling role order updated
    Sorcerer acts AFTER Deceiver's/Switcher's hiding.
    -Military card updated
    Whenever the curfew happen, at the start of the following day everyone will know a curfew took place.
    Using the curfew, will reveal the Military. Once revealed, Switcher cannot switch role with the Military anymore.
    02/08 : - Sniper card updated
    Sniper's victim cannot be healed.

ROLE LIST :

Dragon Head
    Corrupted Assessor
    Deceiver
    Triad Random
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Town Random

Bus Driver
    Citizen
    Citizen

Switcher

Spoiler : Rolecards :

Spoiler : TOWN :

Citizen : You are a powerless Civlian of the Town.

Bus Driver : Swap 2 players redirecting action(s) that target one, to instead hit the other. You can target yourself.

Locksmith : Choose 1 player at night. You will lock down their house until the following morning.
    Prevent anyone from visiting this player.

Scientist : Choose one of those actions at night.
    - Choose a player at night. You will know how many time(s) this player has been a Switcher.
    - Get the name of a town player. (this town player will be randomly picked, also this action happens PRE-switcher)

Inspector : Choose a player at night. You will discover their first role, and their actual alignment.

Hunter : Choose a player at night. If this player is Town, you die. If this player is Triad, this player dies. If this player is Switcher, both of you die. You can only use your ability twice.

Military : You have a one-time ability that you can use during a night. You can declare a one-night curfew. Meaning ONLY Busdrivers and Deceivers will have to stay at home, not moving. Everybody will be aware at the start of the next day that a curfew took place. You will then be publicly revealed. Once you are revealed, you cannot be a Switcher anymore. You are a unique role.

Butler : At the begining of the game, you will know one member of the Town. You will be alerted whenever this member isnt Town anymore. Switcher cannot swap roles with you.

War Surgeon : Choose a player at night. Choose either to heal this player, or to bodyguard this player.

Shopkeeper : Choose a player at night. You will roleblock this player. If this player was about to visit you, then this player dies.

Spoiler : TRIAD :

Dragon Head : You are the leader of the Triad, you may act out the Triad Kill. You can also order Triad not to move. You are not night immune, and will be replaced by the Deceiver upon your death, and by Corrupted Assessor, if the Deceiver dies. You are not immune to detection. You are a unique role.

Corrupted Assessor : You have a one-time ability that you can activate during the night.
    Choose 2 players to bind them together. You cannot unbind. You are a unique role.

1- If one of the two is being lynched, it will be the other that will die. The first one will stay alive.
    2- If one of the two is being killed at night, the role that will show up will be the other.

(Will only occur the day after you sent names of the 2 players to the Host)

Deceiver : Hide yourself at a player's house, redirecting action(s) that target you, to instead hit the other player. 2 times use.

Corrupted Citizen : You have no night action. You will become Deceiver, whenever the first Deceiver dies or changes role. While being Corrupted Citizen, you appear as a regular clean Citizen to investigative role.

Sniper : Choose a player at night. During this night you will only aim at this player. During the next night you will be able to shoot at this player. You can undo your action during the second night. You can only shoot once. Undoing wont make you lose your charge. Your victim cannot be healed.

Spy : Shadow a player at night. You will know this player's actual role, as well as who this player has just visited.

Sorcerer : Choose a player at night. You will also be able to choose this player's target. No one will know that you manipulated this player. You cannot control roles that need to choose more than 1 player (such as Bus Driver, Switcher (in Bus Driver stance), Corrupted Assessor). If you try to control a player that has several possible night actions, the night action will be randomly picked.

Spoiler : NEUTRAL :

Switcher : Each night choose one of those actions :
    1-Swap your role with someone else.
    OR
    2-Swap 2 players redirecting action(s) that target one, to instead hit the other. (like Busdriver)
    OR
    3-Hide yourself at a player's house, redirecting action(s) that target you, to instead hit the other player (like Deceiver)

RULES :

General FM rules apply to this setup.
    (play to win conditions, no editing, no quoting pm from host, no out of game com, ect...)
    General Forum Mafia Rules, by FM staff.
    Do not open fire at a player, open fire at their play. (No direct attack at a player.)
    Role action has to be sent in PM to the host; that could be done during day or night, as you wish. However only your last PM input will count.
    Your win condition might change during the game, please stick to your up-to-date role/alignment win conditions.
    Picture and videos are tolerated as long as they dont ruin/spam the game.
    Host is able to force a replacement/a kill if they feel a player is purposely ruining the game experience in any kind of way.

GENERAL MECHANICS :

Voting isnt mandatory. Hammer will occur when reaching +50%
    There is no N0, the game shall start D1.
    Days last 48 hours.
    Nights only last 24 hours.

Triad members wont know each other.
    NO TRIAD CHAT OF ANY KIND.
    Last wills are allowed, must be sent before your death occurence.
    All the roles presented in this rolelist are able to vote.
    Infinite loop doesnt work. Bus Driver looping with another Bus Driver will result in any of them moving.

Win conditions :

Town : Get rid off all the Triad, while having at least 1 Town alive who is not facing a Switcher.
    Triad : Get rid off all the Town, while having at least 1 Triad alive who is not facing a Switcher.
    Switcher : Make sure to enter a 1v1 tie situation against Town or Triad OR manage to be at 3 different times a Switcher.

If a player manages to be at 3 different times a Switcher, the game DOES end.
    Switcher cannot win with Triad or Town.

FOOLING ROLE ORDER

1) LOCKSMITH AND MILITAR
    2) BUSDRIVER/SWITCHER DRIVING
    3) DECEIVER/SWITCHER HIDING
    4) SORCERER MANIPULATING
    5) ALL OTHER ROLES THAT ARENT LISTED
    6) CORRUPTED ASSESSOR TAMPERING
    7) SWITCHER ROLES SWAPPING

Spoiler : Role Feedbacks :

Spoiler : Corrupted Assessor :

You have successfully bound two players.
    OR
    You have failed to bind.

Spoiler : Switcher :

Switcher : You have successfully swapped your role with your target, you are now (roleA). (Optional : ability remaining uses)
    A : Your role has been swapped by a Switcher ! You are now the new Switcher.
    OR
    You couldnt swap your role with your target, you heard that your target might be a Butler or a confirmed Militar !

Spoiler : Locksmith :

Player(s) targeting people being locked down : One of your targets had their home locked down. You couldn't do your action.

Spoiler : Scientist :

Night action nr1 : Your target has been (x) different times a Switcher !
    Night action nr2 : You found out that (player) is town.

Spoiler : Inspector :

Your target's first role is (firstrole), this player is now (alignment).

Spoiler : Military :

Daypost after curfew : A Military declared a curfew during the previous night ! This Military is (player).

Spoiler : Butler :

Your guest has recently changed their role. (Guest) isn't town anymore !

Spoiler : Shopkeeper :

Player being roleblocked : You decided to stop by a shop, and you didnt see the night just passed. You were roblocked.

Spoiler : Spy :

Your target is (role) and visited (player).

Spoiler : Sorcerer :

You were unable to manipulate your target !

EXTRA INFOS FOR SWITCHER/CORRUPTED ASSESSOR

Spoiler : Switcher :

The Switcher can become Triad or Town, as the Switcher wants. Town can become Triad this way, and Triad can become Town.
    Since Triad members do not know each other, there are no possible bethray.

Switcher cannot become Butler and cannot switch role with a confirmed Militar. If Switcher tries do so, it will fail, and only Switcher will be informed that the player is a Butler or a confirmed Militar.

When Switcher swaps roles with another player, both the Switcher and the other player will get a PM with their new role.
    The player whose role has been stolen by the Switcher wont know who "stole" their role.

Switcher get the remaining uses of the ability from the player they stole it from.

Spoiler : Corrupted Assessor :

Corrupted Assessor have to sent a PM to the Host, DURING NIGHT.
    Please note that, the effect of Corrupted Assessor will only be active THE NEXT DAY
    Corrupted Assessor ability can only be used ONCE.

You bind 2 players together. If one is getting lynched, its instead the other that will be. The first one will stay alive.
    If one is getting killed (at night), the role that will be shown up to the town will be the role of the other player.

The bind will be broken whenever the deception is in place.

Your night action do not work if at least one of the 2 players you bound, die on the same night you bound them.
    If that is the case, you shall cast your ability once again, the following night.

Last edited by Auwt; August 2nd, 2020 at 08:58 AM. Reason: check change log
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies

just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history

Re: The Fooling Party (12P)

Oh my god it's so hectic I love it. Alignment changing roles are definitely a soft spot for me

The one concern I immediately spot though is that switcher (from what I can see) can change roles with the Triad. I don't think this is a good idea, because the one restriction I think that should exist with alignment changing roles is a scum should not get to change to non-scum. Because they can out their former teammates.

Triad (A) -> Switcher (B) switch places
    Switcher (A) -> Town (C) switch places

Now as a town player, player (C) says "player (D) and (E) are Triad. You're welcome"

Do you have any plan to prevent this?
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

Iím assuming the Switcher can only take one action per night. While not a requirement, please specify this in the rolecard for clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

also, personal note, I like the idea of recording your updates in the change log
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

Re : Re: The Fooling Party (12P)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    does swapping roles change alignment?
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Oh my god it's so hectic I love it. Alignment changing roles are definitely a soft spot for me

The one concern I immediately spot though is that switcher (from what I can see) can change roles with the Triad. I don't think this is a good idea, because the one restriction I think that should exist with alignment changing roles is a scum should not get to change to non-scum. Because they can out their former teammates.

Triad (A) -> Switcher (B) switch places
    Switcher (A) -> Town (C) switch places

Now as a town player, player (C) says "player (D) and (E) are Triad. You're welcome"

Do you have any plan to prevent this?
    I guess forbiding the Switcher into scum looks like the best idea. Then Switcher would know who is a Triad. Why not, looks fine.
    The other way around is then supposedly possible, going from Town to Triad.
    Town(A) <-> Switcher (B)
    Switcher(A) <-> Triad (C)
    Now Triad(A) cant go back to town.

I should add something about this, thanks !

Iím assuming the Switcher can only take one action per night. While not a requirement, please specify this in the rolecard for clarity
    also, personal note, I like the idea of recording your updates in the change log
    Will do so !
    Appreciated : )

Re: Re : Re: The Fooling Party (12P)

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    I guess forbiding the Switcher into scum looks like the best idea. Then Switcher would know who is a Triad. Why not, looks fine.
    Town(A) <-> Switcher (B)

I should add something about this, thanks !

Will do so !
    Appreciated : )
    Yep, there is that concern of course. But it's better imo for the switcher to be a pseudo sheriff in this way, where they can choose to call out the 1 triad if they wish, rather than a triad leaving and outing 2 teammates. Creates a bit of WIFOM, a scum could easily fake claim that they are switcher and found x person to be triad, use their corrupted assessor to make that person flip triad after being lynched. So town is forced to consider the claim and make a decision

Edit: Misread/misremembered the corrupted assessor bit. Still, I think its better for the switcher to be pseudo sheriff imo

There may be a way to tweak switcher's wincon to discourage them from outing Triad, if that's a path you want to explore
    Last edited by BananaCucho; July 29th, 2020 at 09:00 AM.

There's also different ways to explore the idea, for example

> If switcher targets a Triad, randomly deflect their action onto another player

> Switcher finds out who is Triad, and Triad is informed as to who is switcher

> Give mafia a 1 time use factional roleblock action. If switcher outs them, then they can roleblock and kill the switcher

You could also go the other direction, allow switcher to switch with Triad, and eliminate Triad knowing who each other are. That way, if they change alignment, they can't 100% out their teammates

Or allow switcher to only swap with Triad if there is only 1 Triad left standing

Lotta possibilities for this

Re : Re: The Fooling Party (12P)

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    Town(A) <-> Switcher (B)
    Actually that line would be impossible then, my bad.
    The thing is that preventing Switcher into Triad would also block Town becoming Triad.
    (edit : or maybe not.)
    Last edited by Auwt; July 29th, 2020 at 09:30 AM.

Re : The Fooling Party (12P)

I'm thinking either removing the possibility for Switcher to go to Triad, and if it happens, Switcher knows this Triad member role.
    Or letting the possibility for Switcher to swap between both Triad and Town, but then host dont reveal Triad team mates

In the second way, at least, you wouldnt know who are your scum team mate, and so you cannot sell them out whenever you flip to the other side?

edit :

That would reduce the Triad's strength though, and will depend even more on luck (wait is this setup not already luck-based with all those Busdriver/deceiver/Switcher thingies :o )
    Last edited by Auwt; July 29th, 2020 at 10:29 AM.

Re: S-FM The Fooling Party (12P)

Iíll help you get this setup approved and Iíll review it once itís done.

Re : Re: S-FM The Fooling Party (12P)

Iíll help you get this setup approved and Iíll review it once itís done.
    It should be good to go !
    @Ganelon @Marshmallow Marshall

Re : S-FM The Fooling Party (12P)

I have absolutely no idea how to change the prefix to Ready For Review, but it is ready for reviews