MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 356
  1. #1
    Ganelon
    Guest

    MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    LMAOOOO imagine being so triggered by ‘lynch’ that you have to replace it with eliminate... because of racial implications
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/26243-Official-ruling-regarding-the-usage-of-Lynch-on-MU

  2. #2

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    LMAOOOO imagine being so triggered by ‘lynch’ that you have to replace it with eliminate... because of racial implications
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/26243-Official-ruling-regarding-the-usage-of-Lynch-on-MU
    tbh info yeet > info lynch imo. Some peeps are using "yeet" instead of "elimination". Actually, there is no rule as to which to use, its only the modbot and site stuff that will use "eliminate".

    From a personal perspective, I would agree with what Thingyman wrote about the majority of the cases of "lynch" have no negative intent. I have only used the term "lynch" because its what other players have used to describe a mechanic of the game.

    However, as StealthBomber16 has recently pointed out (in instant mafia), Mafia is a game that often includes discovering the author's intent in many messages. Coming from that mindset in the game, I can only imagine that at least some people may mistakenly apply the idea that the usage of "lynch" in a message or messages might contain negative intentions or connotations simply because of the historical significance, and believe that to be the author's intent (and therefore be uncomfortable or offended).

    I do think, though, misinterpretation on the author's intent isn't always the reader's fault. In extreme examples, if you were to communicate a message with nothing but a vast majority of swear words, and use that in trying to create a positive message, then the "misinterpretation" (that you had ill intent or non-positive intent) actually isn't the reader's fault there -- its most definitely yours for failing to consider how your intent might be read as. So, I do think there's some level of responsibility on authors of messages in general. And if they use the word "lynch" too carelessly, and someone misinterprets that and gets offended, that COULD be the author's fault, given that there are alternatives such as "execute" (Which was suggested in the original thread that brought the issue up!) that could be used.

    Though given the popularity of "lynch" on this website, and that in many cases "lynch" often times has no negatively intended meaning form the author, I'm not going to really hold it against them others and I will just not use it much myself.

    Oh and FYI they're currently debating a change in the MU logo image because, well, it contains a noose among other reasons.
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...-MU-Logo-Ideas
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  3. #3

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman
    Official ruling regarding the usage of "Lynch" on MU

    Summary: Lynch has been replaced by Eliminate

    Spurred on by this thread, the moderation and admin team have discussed and come to a conclusion on the matter of how to treat the word "lynch" on Mafia Universe.

    As the staff sees it, this matter is very simple.

    The word "lynch" is uncomfortable to a significant amount of users on MU, for understandable and valid reasons. Changing that one word to another word isn't gonna change how we play the game, and we're all ultimately here to play a game, and I hope that we also all want everyone to be happy whilst playing it.

    So we will change the official usage from "lynch" to something else. I.e. the Modbot, OP's and threadmarks will use a different word going forward. What this word will be has not yet been determined, that's the next step for us to discuss.

    The word "lynch" will not be banned. I.e. users may still use that terminology.

    There are several reasons for this. One, this is an international site (and now we also have Partnered Communities) and for a majority of the world the word "lynch" does not have the same connotations as it does for Americans. Two, we frankly feel that the amount of users using the word intending it to carry negative racial connotations is so very low that this is not something we wish to moderate. Instead, we feel it's much more valuable for this to be something that the community can self-moderate, so to say.

    In other words, we are making another word the site standard, and then the rest is up to the community.

    This also means that we will NOT introduce the ability to customize the word for "lynch". We will find a common, standard term and use that for some time, to allow the community time to settle on that as the new common terminology, before introducing the option to customize. If we customize from the get-go, it will be more difficult and confusing for players - especially new players joining the site - to work out which terms to use.

    The changes haven't been made yet, but they will be. We ask that you please be patient with us on this.

    We will also be looking into changing the site logo. If you think you're the person for this job, please contact us.
    Here's Thingyman's post btw, for refrence.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  4. #4
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    lynching has been around for literally thousands of years
    witches were lynched in the middle ages
    hell lynching will always prop up when vigilante justice emerges. it’s not strictly racial, people have been taking justice into their own hands since forever
    in my 3 years of playing forum mafia and my ~6 years of playing the mod not ONCE have I seen people using the word lynch in a racist manner

    which is besides the point anyways, it’s not racist and there’s no need for it to be.

  5. #5

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    which is besides the point anyways, it’s not racist and there’s no need for it to be.
    I don't think its inherently racist -- like many things in language and life context matters. And I do not imply that the vast majority of the use "lynch" has been racist (especially in the game of Mafia).

    However, when there are alternatives to a word that can (or often do) mean the same thing, then it is not necessary to use that exact word and there is no need for it.

    Like I said though, I'm not really going to hold it against anyone else on that point, but for me personally I am going to hold it against myself as a matter of holding myself to a disproportionate standard than I do for others.

    I'm going to train myself to use words like "yeet" or "eliminate" or "execute" from now on. If someone gets confused by what I say, I can bring it up and explain or clarify very easily what I meant.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  6. #6

  7. #7

  8. #8

  9. #9

  10. #10

  11. #11

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    its a silly thing to do but at the same time i dont really care. never heard of anyone being uncomfortable with it before, and it never meant what people are conflating it with. just part of the hysteria reactions because of the tension overload currently going on tbh. it may be just some website choosing a different word sure, but it does raise an interesting thought on a more reaching aspect on it if it were to be done from a more powerful body.

    but yeah like martin said its only the modbot that wont use the word lynch anymore, pretty sure everyone else can still say "yo lets lynch this dood"

  12. #12
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Oh my fucking god MafiaScum did that too
    MS is following suit?
    have we all gone insane?
    Last edited by ; July 27th, 2020 at 04:38 PM.

  13. #13
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Like seriously...

  14. #14

  15. #15

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Fuck politics and fuck outrage culture. Fuck identity politics and fuck all identitarians playing racial games and restricting language
    fuck outrage culture i'm so mad at websites changing one word that i'm going to stop going on them

  16. #16
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    you think it stops there?
    this shit is disgusting and reprehensible
    we need to stop looking for racism everywhere

  17. #17

  18. #18

  19. #19

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    So much outrage over other sites changing a word

    A word that doesnt even have any special meaning. Change that word to any other word and 0 mafia games are changed as a result. It bears no weight on the content of the games

    Who cares
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  20. #20
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    it bears weight on social attitudes. that’s why it’s ikportant. and can you imagine what sort of shit admins would agree to if they start pandering to snowflakes (at whom BS like this is primarily targeted)?
    Last edited by ; July 27th, 2020 at 04:39 PM.

  21. #21

  22. #22

  23. #23

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    why is this in serious discussion
    Cause 1 person is angry at a word being replaced on other websites in a niche corner of the internet

    imo I propose that we create a separate "right wing circlejerk" subforum for ranty posts like this one
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  24. #24

  25. #25

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    i've also removed the word "lynch" from the narrator. i was embarrassed when my coworkers voted out the only black woman in our group, and it said "so and so was lynched by these people".

    the inconvenience of me changing my language slightly is ok because I get to continue playing with people. My narcissism over misplaced sense of freedom of speech is trumped by my love of playing mafia with as many people as possible.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  26. #26

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    i've also removed the word "lynch" from the narrator. i was embarrassed when my coworkers voted out the only black woman in our group, and it said "so and so was lynched by these people".

    the inconvenience of me changing my language slightly is ok because I get to continue playing with people. My narcissism over misplaced sense of freedom of speech is trumped by my love of playing mafia with as many people as possible.
    this actually happened and my boss's boss was in on that game. i apologized to everyone involved. i didn't get mad because my freedom of speech was being trampled. i was sad to have caused another fellow human being discomfort in a game where we were all supposed to be having fun.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  27. #27
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    i would not play mafia with someone who felt offended by the word lynch

  28. #28

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    i've also removed the word "lynch" from the narrator. i was embarrassed when my coworkers voted out the only black woman in our group, and it said "so and so was lynched by these people".

    the inconvenience of me changing my language slightly is ok because I get to continue playing with people. My narcissism over misplaced sense of freedom of speech is trumped by my love of playing mafia with as many people as possible.
    Hol up

    So you made a change that has no bearing on the actual game, in an attempt to be more inclusive to others, under no social pressure to do so?

    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE imma go to a niche website that hardly anybody visits and RAGE
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  29. #29

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    i'd actually like to explore, probably in some other thread and in a more constructive manner what examples i could agree with mag here that "go too far". while not using the word lynch isn't something i'd agree, there's gotta be things we do agree on.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  30. #30

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Hol up

    So you made a change that has no bearing on the actual game, in an attempt to be more inclusive to others, under no social pressure to do so?

    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE imma go to a niche website that hardly anybody visits and RAGE
    Lol!

  31. #31

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    maybe this hypothetical lends some perspective:

    if every "x period of time" someone would get outraged over the new replacement for the word lynch, I'd probably get peeved too. Once a lifetime's good with me. Once a day is ridiculous. Somewhere in the middle is a sweet spot.

    And this doesn't just apply to the word lynch in mafia. There's a movement to change the word "master" in github to some other word like "main". If i had to say one is more ridiculous than the other, I'd say the github change is more ridiculous. But it still doesn't bother me and the company i work for to change it. But it'd probably start costing us resources if we had to change it every couple of months.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  32. #32

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lembird Oshay View Post
    Lol!
    In all seriousness, what Voss said 100%
    This change has no meaning whatsoever, the ingame bot says 1 word differently than before, and they aren't moderating people using the word "lynch" as opposed to anything else.
    It's really something pointless to get upset about imo
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  33. #33

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    maybe this hypothetical lends some perspective:

    if every "x period of time" someone would get outraged over the new replacement for the word lynch, I'd probably get peeved too. Once a lifetime's good with me. Once a day is ridiculous. Somewhere in the middle is a sweet spot.

    And this doesn't just apply to the word lynch in mafia. There's a movement to change the word "master" in github to some other word like "main". If i had to say one is more ridiculous than the other, I'd say the github change is more ridiculous. But it still doesn't bother me and the company i work for to change it. But it'd probably start costing us resources if we had to change it every couple of months.
    Now the githib one I heard about and it's something I disagree with strictly because master is used in a completely functional sense,
    like how do we know it isn't referring to bdsm? /s
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  34. #34

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    maybe this hypothetical lends some perspective:

    if every "x period of time" someone would get outraged over the new replacement for the word lynch, I'd probably get peeved too. Once a lifetime's good with me. Once a day is ridiculous. Somewhere in the middle is a sweet spot.

    And this doesn't just apply to the word lynch in mafia. There's a movement to change the word "master" in github to some other word like "main". If i had to say one is more ridiculous than the other, I'd say the github change is more ridiculous. But it still doesn't bother me and the company i work for to change it. But it'd probably start costing us resources if we had to change it every couple of months.
    Okay I'm glad you brought up the github thing. From what I've seen, there hasn't really been a movement, but rather github announcing that they want to use "racially neutral terms" and are therefore replacing "master". Was there actually a movement and social pressure to change this? I want to see examples if that's the case. And I'm not talking about 1 or 2 people being outraged.

    If a company decides that they want to make a change while under no social pressure to do so, I don't see how people can get mad at "outrage culture" over that. Companies rebrand all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  35. #35

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Okay I'm glad you brought up the github thing. From what I've seen, there hasn't really been a movement, but rather github announcing that they want to use "racially neutral terms" and are therefore replacing "master". Was there actually a movement and social pressure to change this? I want to see examples if that's the case. And I'm not talking about 1 or 2 people being outraged.

    If a company decides that they want to make a change while under no social pressure to do so, I don't see how people can get mad at "outrage culture" over that. Companies rebrand all the time.
    it might have been a response from internal employee pressure, given the current events over george floyd. and i also bring this up because my company is pledging to change the name of this branch to whatever github decides it to be.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  36. #36

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Okay I'm glad you brought up the github thing. From what I've seen, there hasn't really been a movement, but rather github announcing that they want to use "racially neutral terms" and are therefore replacing "master". Was there actually a movement and social pressure to change this? I want to see examples if that's the case. And I'm not talking about 1 or 2 people being outraged.

    If a company decides that they want to make a change while under no social pressure to do so, I don't see how people can get mad at "outrage culture" over that. Companies rebrand all the time.
    This is why its silly to rage over 2 websites in a very niche thing like forum mafia making this change. 99% of people aren't even aware of forum mafia existing. There's been no public outcry over using the word "lynch"

    Yet these 2 websites make a change that is essentially a rebrand in an attempt to retain users that may be uncomfortable with the term. Was there any movement? It seems like 99% of users on these websites don't care either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  37. #37

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    The master vs main thing was definitely a bit iffier than "lynch", for sure. The connection to racism was dubious (not so for master/slave, which made much more sense to change). It was also clearly corporate virtue signalling, made much more glaring by the fact that Github has contracts with ICE.

    But I still don't really care because it's such a tiny change. Also if the migration causes you a less than insignificant amount of headache to change then your code was probably garbage anyway and you need to sort that out more than anything.

  38. #38

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    it might have been a response from internal employee pressure, given the current events over george floyd. and i also bring this up because my company is pledging to change the name of this branch to whatever github decides it to be.
    Might have been. Do we have any evidence for this? (I actually don't know and welcome it if there is) Otherwise its just speculation
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  39. #39

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    This is why its silly to rage over 2 websites in a very niche thing like forum mafia making this change. 99% of people aren't even aware of forum mafia existing. There's been no public outcry over using the word "lynch"

    Yet these 2 websites make a change that is essentially a rebrand in an attempt to retain users that may be uncomfortable with the term. Was there any movement? It seems like 99% of users on these websites don't care either way.
    Yeah with the vast majority of these types of changes I always hear about them solely from right-wingers freaking the FUCK out over muh freeze peach. Liberals and leftists don't particularly care about this shit for the most part.

  40. #40

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Yeah with the vast majority of these types of changes I always hear about them solely from right-wingers freaking the FUCK out over muh freeze peach. Liberals and leftists don't particularly care about this shit for the most part.
    Yeah I'd hardly consider a few dozen to a hundred people on twitter a movement
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  41. #41

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Might have been. Do we have any evidence for this? (I actually don't know and welcome it if there is) Otherwise its just speculation
    for me, it's extrapolation because that's what happened in my workplace.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  42. #42

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Yeah with the vast majority of these types of changes I always hear about them solely from right-wingers freaking the FUCK out over muh freeze peach. Liberals and leftists don't particularly care about this shit for the most part.
    Exactly, I dont really give a fuck about changing the word here. It never crossed my mind

    But posting "should we change this word on sc2mafia" is so so tempting just to see certain people rage about it
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  43. #43

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    for me, it's extrapolation because that's what happened in my workplace.
    So internal employees at your workplace expressed this outrage? Interesting. At my workplace there hasn't been any talk at all (that I'm aware of at least) about it
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  44. #44

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    it might have been a response from internal employee pressure, given the current events over george floyd. and i also bring this up because my company is pledging to change the name of this branch to whatever github decides it to be.
    i meant that it was internal employee pressure, given the current events over george floyd, but i wouldn't classify it as outrage.

    not sure if this distinction matters though.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  45. #45

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    1: Making this a reality causes inevitable judgement towards people who use the word "lynch" and puts them in a bad light for using the word in a perfectly correct way.

    2: Making this a reality sets a dangerous precedent, a precedent that is "whatever may offend someone for unreasonable reasons in a certain context [because it's wrong, will explain in point 3] will become officially frowned upon by the moderators". It's not really over the one word, but over the principle that will apply to more words (and eventually to ideas, for words are the reflexion of ideas).

    3: The point is logically wrong. It's like saying that all games about World War 2 should remove all references to nazis or to their acts because they were abominable. In Mafia, people KILL people, literally say as a group that someone should DIE, whatever you want to call it, and those things are also rather horrible in real life... but it's part of the game. And again, opening the door to the point against the word "lynch" opens the door against the principle of usage of words referring to horrible things. But we need those words to talk about realities.


    Now, I don't blame Voss for having done that on Narrator after pressure from people at his work, because hey, it's his work lol... but it doesn't make the move right and it doesn't make it good to apply to a larger-scale organization such as Sc2 Mafia.

    P.S. stop using hellions when you play against zergs in sc2, it's a genocide

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Is it really alright to just call them "dark" templar
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; July 26th, 2020 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  46. #46

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    1: Making this a reality causes inevitable judgement towards people who use the word "lynch" and puts them in a bad light for using the word in a perfectly correct way.

    2: Making this a reality sets a dangerous precedent, a precedent that is "whatever may offend someone for unreasonable reasons in a certain context [because it's wrong, will explain in point 3] will become officially frowned upon by the moderators". It's not really over the one word, but over the principle that will apply to more words (and eventually to ideas, for words are the reflexion of ideas).

    3: The point is logically wrong. It's like saying that all games about World War 2 should remove all references to nazis or to their acts because they were abominable. In Mafia, people KILL people, literally say as a group that someone should DIE, whatever you want to call it, and those things are also rather horrible in real life... but it's part of the game. And again, opening the door to the point against the word "lynch" opens the door against the principle of usage of words referring to horrible things. But we need those words to talk about realities.


    Now, I don't blame Voss for having done that on Narrator after pressure from people at his work, because hey, it's his work lol... but it doesn't make the move right and it doesn't make it good to apply to a larger-scale organization such as Sc2 Mafia.

    P.S. stop using hellions when you play against zergs in sc2, it's a genocide
    Nobody has requested this to even happen at sc2mafia

    OP is literally ranting over something happening at other sites lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  47. #47

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Nobody has requested this to even happen at sc2mafia

    OP is literally ranting over something happening at other sites lol
    Some people were saying that it basically "wasn't that bad", and I'm saying actually is rather bad. If you think it just doesn't matter, well uh, do what you want I guess? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  48. #48

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Some people were saying that it basically "wasn't that bad", and I'm saying actually is rather bad. If you think it just doesn't matter, well uh, do what you want I guess? :P
    I'm really confused right now, and the fact that I'm a little tipsy may have something to do with that
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  49. #49

    Re: MafiaUniverse replaced the word ‘lynch’ with eliminate

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I'm really confused right now, and the fact that I'm a little tipsy may have something to do with that
    When in doubt,
    -vote Varcron


    This is more or less a meme topic lol
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  50. #50

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •