Campaign Strategies
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Campaign Strategies

This:
    trump100.PNG recent youtube ad I got made me want to start another debate.

(the ad claims that I am one of 100 people in the entire country to be selected by trump for this club and that I must donate immediately to save my spot)

it led me to this interesting article comparing the experience of signing up to support either campaign:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...0fa42c41b3bef/

Why does the biden campaign seem to be so far behind? I've also noticed on TV that the trump ads have been really good. They barely even try to get you to vote for trump. Instead they just try to create as much negative sentiment towards biden as possible so that people won't vote.

Compared with:

The ads are all basically targeting the same demographic, since the die-hards of either side get their own messaging as the article mentioned. So it's confusing to me why the biden ads are so passive and well... weaksauce? I don't see how those ads are inspiring anybody to go to the polls, while the trump ads do a pretty good job of inspiring you not to bother.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

2. ISO #2

Re: Campaign Strategies

"You won't be safe in Joe Biden's America" they said, while showing footage of the currently happening protests while the plague decimates the population.

Didn't watch Biden's ads, honestly he would win even if they showed him strangling babies and putting them in a wood chipper while wearing a nazi uniform and the same blackface as the other retard up north.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    So it's confusing to me why the biden ads are so passive and well... weaksauce? I don't see how those ads are inspiring anybody to go to the polls, while the trump ads do a pretty good job of inspiring you not to bother.
    It's because they're not targeted at us. Biden's ads are targeted at middle aged suburbanites and the elderly, which are the main demographics he can swing to defeat Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas View Post
    "You won't be safe in Joe Biden's America" they said, while showing footage of the currently happening protests while the plague decimates the population.

Didn't watch Biden's ads, honestly he would win even if they showed him strangling babies and putting them in a wood chipper while wearing a nazi uniform and the same blackface as the other retard up north.
    Are you serious? That's what people thought about Hillary

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    It's because they're not targeted at us. Biden's ads are targeted at middle aged suburbanites and the elderly, which are the main demographics he can swing to defeat Trump.
    I understand that his ads are meant to convey "biden is such a wonderful guy". I just don't see how they convince a lazy person to go to the polls. They don't provide any urgency. It's just "biden is cool, IF YOU ARE ALREADY GONNA VOTE, you should vote for him!"

In my opinion winning this election is based off of how many of the large portion of the population that is center-left and apathetic will bother to show up to vote. If the entire country was forced to vote, and only allowed demo vs. repub, I believe a democrat candidate would win easily.

I'd say the extremists on either side will constantly show up to vote, but IMO the right has a greater proportion of them than the left. That is why I think the real election battleground is trying to convince apathetic voters to show up. Republicans don't want that while democrats do. But it seems like the Trump strategy is far superior to the Biden one in regards to that goal.
    Last edited by DJarJar; July 18th, 2020 at 07:33 PM.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

The obligatory response. Back then Trump appealed to undecided/neutral voters in swing states who were sick of traditional politicians and the douche and turd status quo. I think a lot of people still want to get rid of conventional politicians, but for the vast majority of them Trump isn't it. Now he's the status quo and ending on a terrible note. He's down to just the white supremacist and "GOP every 4 years" anti-mask garbage. He definitely could have won before the covid-19 debacle, but not anymore. Not sure which version is better, though.
    Last edited by Sylvanas; July 18th, 2020 at 07:51 PM.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas View Post

Rofl, if only you were right and that he had a guaranteed victory...

I think a nonzero fraction of the American population is done seeing politicians throw ripe tomatoes at eachother instead of trying to build something. That nonzero fraction obviously does not support Trump. Chances are Biden is appealing to this, at least partially. On a similar note, I believe Yzb is right: Biden's ads are targeted at middle aged suburbanites and the elderly, which are the main demographics he can swing to defeat Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10
    Ganelon

My take on things:
    Biden’s not putting too much effort into it because he doesn’t know how to run a campaign properly, and maybe he wants to project this image of him not really being a politician and hence the shit campaign.

i honestly think trump is gonna win this even though I don’t know if him winning is ideal. I don’t like how he dealt with the riots (aka not very well). All talk and no action smh. At least you don’t see him going against his principles like the rest of the Republican Party by cherry-picking the protesters who aren’t rioting.

personally, Biden has absolutely no chance against Trump, but if given the choice between Biden, Hillary and Sanders, I would first vote Biden, then Hillary, then Sanders. Biden at least only incompetent.

the thing with trump is that the current situation with the riots may cost him the election.

11. ISO #11

Eh, depends who you mean by "people". Fivethirtyeight gave Trump a 35-40% chance of winning the electoral college iirc - an underdog's odds, but certainly not "impossible". There were other places like Washington Post which gave Hillary a 99.9% chance (lol) but they had skewed their models to suit their worldview. And obviously CNN and MSNBC couldn't imagine a world where their darling Hillary failed to win ^^. But the bookmakers and the pollsters showed a tight race in the swing states that mattered.
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

12. ISO #12

I understand that his ads are meant to convey "biden is such a wonderful guy". I just don't see how they convince a lazy person to go to the polls. They don't provide any urgency. It's just "biden is cool, IF YOU ARE ALREADY GONNA VOTE, you should vote for him!"

In my opinion winning this election is based off of how many of the large portion of the population that is center-left and apathetic will bother to show up to vote. If the entire country was forced to vote, and only allowed demo vs. repub, I believe a democrat candidate would win easily.

I'd say the extremists on either side will constantly show up to vote, but IMO the right has a greater proportion of them than the left. That is why I think the real election battleground is trying to convince apathetic voters to show up. Republicans don't want that while democrats do. But it seems like the Trump strategy is far superior to the Biden one in regards to that goal.
    That's fair, but I'd caution against an analysis based too much on the left/right divide. Most Americans aren't informed enough (politically) to have a coherent ideology. Especially the swing voters. Hence, the accurate pollsters go to great pains to stratify their samples according to demographic. From what I've seen, the elderly and surburban whites (particularly surburban white women) were a critical part of Trump's coalition, and it looks probable he'll be losing them. I'm not a member of either of those demographics, but I can only guess Biden's campaign is leaning on some studies that showed those demographics prefer ads that are "heartwarming" or "presidential" rather than "inspiring" or "policy-focused".

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    That's fair, but I'd caution against an analysis based too much on the left/right divide. Most Americans aren't informed enough (politically) to have a coherent ideology. Especially the swing voters. Hence, the accurate pollsters go to great pains to stratify their samples according to demographic. From what I've seen, the elderly and surburban whites (particularly surburban white women) were a critical part of Trump's coalition, and it looks probable he'll be losing them. I'm not a member of either of those demographics, but I can only guess Biden's campaign is leaning on some studies that showed those demographics prefer ads that are "heartwarming" or "presidential" rather than "inspiring" or "policy-focused".
    Oops. Surburban white women were NOT a critical part of Trump's coalition in particular (XD). Just replace that with middle aged surburbanite. Though Trump did take white women overall.
    Last edited by yzb25; July 19th, 2020 at 05:52 AM.

14. ISO #14

While I won't preclude the idea that Biden is a bad campaigner, I think this plays to different strategies based on the enthusiasm of each candidate's supporters. It's widely documented that Trump is far more polarizing than Biden. People don't particularly find Biden extremely appealing or unappealing, while people feel much more strongly in either direction about Trump (similarly to how people felt about Clinton in 2016).

This leads to different strategies for each candidate. Trump is appealing to his hardcore supporters, energizing them to go and vote by showing them that Biden will result in disaster for the US. Since Biden is a lot more palatable to American conservatives, being a white male, Trump's goal here is to drum up as much negative energy against him as he had against Clinton, since now he has the enthusiasm for him that he had in 2016 but not the enthusiasm against the opponent. He's trying to milk his hardcore supporters for money using persuasion marketing and constant reminders and nagging, because they aren't going to get mad that Trump is asking them for money, and anyone who does get mad probably already hated the guy. He's doing this because he has very few moderate supporters, in comparison to Biden.

Meanwhile, Biden is running a more low-key campaign. He doesn't have to attack Trump because Trump does it for him, again, most people already either despise Trump or love him, very little in-between, and Biden can only appeal to the former. His campaign is focused on not losing the appeal of the people that hate Trump but are also lukewarm on Biden, and pull them to his side. A lot of Democrats already have a bit of a bitter taste in their mouths about voting for him, and are largely doing so because they want to get Trump out. Biden doesn't need to jeopardize that reluctant support by coming off as a grifter as well. The persuasion marketing that Trump uses would just piss them off. I can attest for myself that if Biden, who I already support, started sending me a bunch of emails asking me for money I'd get really fucking annoyed.

How it'll play out has yet to be seen but I don't think Biden is just incompetent, just playing to a different demographic.
    Last edited by oops_ur_dead; July 19th, 2020 at 07:54 AM.

15. ISO #15

This:
    trump100.PNG recent youtube ad I got made me want to start another debate.

(the ad claims that I am one of 100 people in the entire country to be selected by trump for this club and that I must donate immediately to save my spot)

it led me to this interesting article comparing the experience of signing up to support either campaign:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...0fa42c41b3bef/

Why does the biden campaign seem to be so far behind? I've also noticed on TV that the trump ads have been really good. They barely even try to get you to vote for trump. Instead they just try to create as much negative sentiment towards biden as possible so that people won't vote.

Compared with:

The ads are all basically targeting the same demographic, since the die-hards of either side get their own messaging as the article mentioned. So it's confusing to me why the biden ads are so passive and well... weaksauce? I don't see how those ads are inspiring anybody to go to the polls, while the trump ads do a pretty good job of inspiring you not to bother.
    Biden is a shitty candidate. Slightly less shitty than Hillary.

Trump is a god awful President. But until the dems stop with the shitty "centrist, safe, lesser of two evils" candidates and start putting forth exciting candidates with fresh ideas, they will not inspire anyone

How we are somehow choosing between Biden and Trump. Jesus christ. The right knows what its doing
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho