[Abandoned] S-FM The Regency
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    Ganelon

S-FM The Regency

S-FM The Regency
    Trouble is brewing in the Kingdom of Broekmond. The old king died without a clear successor, and this has prompted the aristocracy to establish a regency council to rule in his stead, until the problem of succession is sorted out. They have adopted a democratic system of government, where all landholders have a vote to elect the Lord Regent. Dissenting voices among the nobility, as well as among the increasingly powerful technocrats and industrialists have called for an extension of voting rights to the entire population. However, a party of nobles allied with the old king is determined at all costs to seize power for themselves and reestablish the monarchy. In these times of Chaos, opportunity arises and only time will tell who shall take them.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM The Regency

The town are the regency council and some commoners, the mafia would be the cabal of nobles trying to seize the throne

4. ISO #4
    Ganelon

So: not really lol

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Every player in the game can take turns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more major affairs
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Can the town be an anarcho-syndicalist commune?
    Yes. It can. RIGHT MAG?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

8. ISO #8
    Ganelon

I actually wanted to host a setup about class war and communism at some point. J thought of inserting it here but it doesn’t really mesh well with the theme of the setup

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    I actually wanted to host a setup about class war and communism at some point. J thought of inserting it here but it doesn’t really mesh well with the theme of the setup
    Ok then

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11
    Ganelon

As some of you have probably noticed, I’ve got a few setups that are set in the same universe. They’re all based off of a Stellaris Empire i created a few years back. And on my game as that empire
    very briefly, the Kingdom of Broekmond was founded by neo-Dutch immigrants fleeing the Oort confederation, who ended up settling on an icy planet far from Earth. There was a significant aristocratic element amongst the initial colonists so they eventually coalesced into a semi-absolute monarchy.

At some point during the kingdom’s history, one of the monarchs died without a clear successor. This sparked a succession crisis that (in my game) resulted in the monarchy de facto becoming a republic, with the Lord Regent functioning as effective head of state (and an elected head of state, at that). Later on, a Lord Regent seized power via a coup and restricted voting rights, with only a group of appointed aristocrats being able to elect the next regent. Eventually, as it was wont to be, the Regent proclaimed himself the new king.

VERY late into the story, the Broekmonds annex a large part of the Galaxy, and the state is renamed to the Galactic Empire.

12. ISO #12

Okay, but strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some... farcical aquatic ceremony!

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

13. ISO #13
    Ganelon

wot

14. ISO #14

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.