Forum Layout
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Forum Layout

1. ISO #1

Forum Layout

Hello.

What do you want to see on the top bar, secondary top bar, and the side bar? I'd like to hear what links people think are most important (and should get their own clickable) vs. should be in a dropdown. Top bar vs. 2nd bar vs side bar. etc.

I realize that the way I recently changed it causes the donate button to showup on the 2nd row on mobile. Anyway. Just looking for some community input on what you guys care about most. It will look pretty when I am done with it but I figured I might as well get a sense about what parts you guys think are most important.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Forum Layout

I still think that "FORUM" in the main top bar could be removed. The huge Sc2 Mafia logo leads to the home page, and so does the small house icon. Looks like overkill to me :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I still think that "FORUM" in the main top bar could be removed. The huge Sc2 Mafia logo leads to the home page, and so does the small house icon. Looks like overkill to me :P.
    What would you make the main heading be? Technically forum is a tab that has all the 2nd bar stuff as it’s submenu. That’s why it looks like FORUM is a depressed button compared to the other tabs next to it.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    What would you make the main heading be? Technically forum is a tab that has all the 2nd bar stuff as it’s submenu. That’s why it looks like FORUM is a depressed button compared to the other tabs next to it.
    Ah, so it cannot be removed without removing the entire secondary top bar shortcuts? Welp. If it can't be removed, then it should just remain as it is, I guess.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

9. ISO #9

did u guys change forum default to 50 posts per page??? i hate it
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

50 POSTS PER PAGE TAKEOVER
    50 POSTS PER PAGE TAKEOVER

Ok no, this is bad

50 posts per page is still better, though. It was democratically-ish chosen.

13. ISO #13
    Ganelon

how about a button to post a new report/one for whitelist requests? lots of people only show up for those two

14. ISO #14
    Ganelon

also, is there any way to raise the maximum number of posts per page past 50? so say to 75 or even 100?

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    how about a button to post a new report/one for whitelist requests? lots of people only show up for those two
    It's already in the secondary top bar, under SC2 Links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    also, is there any way to raise the maximum number of posts per page past 50? so say to 75 or even 100?
    I personally prefer 50 posts/page, but support this. People could want 100 posts per page (set by themselves, not by default).

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by aamirustest3 View Post
    20 post gang rise up
    CRUSH THE REBELS
    -vote aamirustest3

Nice addition of slots in the "New Forum Posts" part of the sidebar.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

do we need the giant discord widget there. i could just make it a link?
    Hmmmm... I think we do. You may find this shameful, but I use it every time I want to get on Discord lol. I think it's good that people who have questions and want to go on Discord can do it easily because they immediatly see where the link is.