User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Bodhisattva: 1-S2-1-1189120

Account Name: Bodhisattva
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-1189120
    In-Game Name: Climate controlled byt leaders

Crimes Committed: Lag Cheating

Your Account Name: TheBehemoth
    Summary: Typed "1 is always Mafia" and "14 is not BD... town on 14" when both 1 and 14 were still alive.
    Images attachées Images attachées
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. ISO #2

Re: Bodhisattva: 1-S2-1-1189120

SC ID VERIFICATION
    1-S2-1-1189120 is Correct.

Respective Hotkey:

Previous Offenses:

Several WLs

Player Offenses:

Lag cheating

Key Points:
    Players in question:

bodhisattva: 9 VIGILANTE

Game:

Setup: 1 player leaves
    Names: 9 chooses "RAPE" as a name a few times before changing it.
    D1: 9 starts spamming chat junk.
    N1: 9 can't find his gun.
    D2: 7(MAYOR) and 11(LOOKOUT) are dead. 2 throws shade on 14 as visiting 7. Game lags and SCELIGHT analysis confirms the screenshots are accurate. 14(BUS DRIVER) is lynched. Game proceeds normally from here, including a town win on Day 6.

Punishment:

2x banlisting

Additional Notes:
    Thank you for the report!

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

"1 is always mafia" is an obvious joke in itself... It's obviously not a fact and even a brand new player can realize this. I've been saying "1 is always mafia" in lag screens for years, it never affected a single game I'm in. It only made people laugh. (And by far I'm not the only one who says things like this in lag screens/in game) There have been games (where I never said "1 is always mafia") where town decides to random vote 1 because they just want to vote like a mad mob (commonly), but most of the time there's no resulting lynch. Realize the emphasis is on always... the numbers are never correlated with roles. So it doesn't make sense why this is called cheating.

As for the "14 is not BD... town on 14", I don't remember saying that and I can't access the screenshots to see it for myself. If someone is bus driver, they can easily prove themselves in 1 night. So if 14 claimed bus driver, there's nothing wrong with going against his claim as he can quickly prove it.

I've never had any intention to cheat, I have never cheated. I've made a mistake once of typing ", the Mayor, has revealed himself! and didn't acknowledge it's a joke. I assumed it would be obvious that it's fake, but didn't consider new players might not discern the difference. I realized the mistake immediately after. I've also intentionally copied someone's name & color, and obviously soon realized that's not good for the game. I've made mistakes, but like a normal human I learn and improve myself.

I've been playing SC2 mafia for over 5 years, this should prove I'm not a cheater. If you seriously think saying "1 is always mafia" is cheating, I won't say it, but I urge you to at least see the humor in it; understand it's not intentional cheating.

I'm asking to remove the ban, or at least provide a logical explanation for how I was cheating. If you call what I did cheating, you may as well ban 1/4th of all mafia players.

5. ISO #5

Furthermore, it seems like 20% of all mafia players use language like "RAPE" and "NIGGER" consistently, and they never get banned or watch listed. I'm not saying they should. I'm saying it's unfair to single out one person for doing something so many others do. Picking out one weed doesn't make the garden weedless, and they will always grow back.
    There's countless people who spam, countless people who role quit, countless people who use vulgar language (in an ironic manner), and there's countless people who talk about numbers and their roles during lag screens (most are joking like me, but some are serious which is cheating)...

In conclusion "1 is always mafia" is an obvious joke, ask ANY mafia player and they will agree. I understand how "14 is BD... town on 14" is closer to lag cheating, I'd like to see the screenshot of that, because I never say things like that during lag screen. I don't cheat. I don't like cheating, it defeats the purpose of the game.

I've played mafia over 5 years (maybe closer to 10) and I've never intentionally gamethrew or cheated. I'm hoping to get this unreasonable ban removed or a real explanation as to how I was cheating. Thanks.

6. ISO #6

I agree "1 is Mafia" is just a meme and is quite beyond our reach to regulate now, however that isn't to say that people cannot receive an infraction for it. If the game is affected by the meme statement in lag chat then it deserves a lag cheating infraction (unlike normal lag cheating offenses where just mentioning game information constitutes a lag cheating infraction). This is a unique factor to the lag cheating rule due to the prevalence of the comments and the joking aspect of it.

What is worthy of lag cheating is your comments about the Bus Driver. Sharing information in lag chat is not allowed (whether it's true or not) and it had a direct impact on the game with the Bus Driver being lynched. It's worth noting that the Bus Driver himself has violated our lag cheating rule by revealing himself to be the Bus Driver. He appears to be new due to him revealing himself by not being sure how to swap people and asks for help, so I'll look into this player to determine if this is true.

The best approach to the lag chat is simply do not partake at all. You never know how the other players will react to your comments and what effect it will have on the game. I've seen people with a certain type of reputation spam in lag chat, then when the game resumes they accidentally reveal who they are by spamming the same message in the live game chat resulting in them being lynched for simply who they are.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by RealBodhisattva View Post
    I've played mafia over 5 years (maybe closer to 10) and I've never intentionally gamethrew or cheated. I'm hoping to get this unreasonable ban removed or a real explanation as to how I was cheating. Thanks.
    Touching on this comment you made because it's a strong comment to make.

You have a previous infraction here where you go AFK constantly, and every time you cancel the AFK suicide you jokingly update your last will with an emote. Eventually the game is lost due to your actions. While this isn't a typical case of game-throwing and was deemed a griefing case, you still displayed a distinct disinterest to the game to a point where it negatively affected it while also being somewhat entertained by doing so.

You also have a report I put on hold as evidence (not public). In this replay there was a revealed Crier or Judge in the game due to them speaking in night chat in a Judge fashion (telling Mafia who to kill). When the Mayor revealed the following day, you as well 2 other town members voted the Mayor despite there clearly being a possible Judge in the game. Luckily for town it was a Crier so nothing happened to the Mayor. If it was a Judge his vote power alone would have killed the Mayor with the addition of all the town player votes. You were extremely lucky that the game allocated a Crier instead of a Judge because if it was the other way around you would be wearing a griefing/game-throwing infraction for it.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

I've spoken to @Arrow and I feel it's acceptable to downgrade the ban-list to a watch-list. Please note that you have received infractions for numerous different rule breaks this year (griefing, name abuse, lag cheating) and future rule breaks will be taking these into consideration where a temporary ban will most likely be the outcome.

4x Watch-list

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11