S-FM 302: Magellan (15p) - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

2. ISO #252

Re: S-FM Magellan (15p)

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lois Francklyn View Post
    I mean, not that there is even Jester in the role cards, but you aren't. You're just exactly Mafia.

I think maybe it would help your team at this stage if you posted in a way that would be confusing to interpret after you flip instead of pretending to still be Town. Maybe you could get by with a neutral defense and you were REALLY REALLY funny.
    You know, your posting really reminds me of mod exec play with a bit more flare to it.

3. ISO #253

4. ISO #254

Oh yeah that is a role this game, but no. I'm just Town. Neutral would have been fun though, but honestly I wouldn't have as much energy to solve as I do now comparatively. Do you beleive I don't actually beleive they are Mafia? Also, what is your independent read on Jiles?
    my read isn't that useful when i don't have my normal tools at my disposal
    regardless i'd have to reread him, and im not doing that until voting is enabled

5. ISO #255

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Gollert Twissell View Post
    Might as well get this out of the way:

To clarify, this role is giving a roleblock, not giving an item so that that player can use it, correct? Does the roleblock last one night or forever? Does the roleblock last into the day as well? What happens in a string of roleblocks where A, B target each other?

Is the charge used even when the attack failed on someone because that someone is no longer a valid target? (they are already dead)

Are players who are jailed able to be acted upon? If no, are jailed players immune to night attacks other than for their captor? If a player is jailed twice will he live if only one decides to execute? Are jailed players allowed to use their night action? Will the autovest activate and block an execution attempt? Can the android protect a jailed player? Will the player receive all the regular feedback for that night? Does a player in jail also have the possibility of simultaneously being in an architect chat?
    IOW What does being jailed entail?

Will the Clone inherit the charges of the assumed player or will it be replenished?

If the player with the special action is roleblocked, will it consume the charge?
    @S-FM Magellan Core
    1) Affirmative, the Biotech Expert is essentially a consort. It roleblocks their target for one night only, stopping them from using their night ability. This effect doesn’t persist past the night that it was used on. If A roleblocks B and B roleblocks A, one of the two will be randomly picked to be the one roleblocked and the other will not be roleblocked.
    2) That depends. If someone is attacked by a Marine Lieutenant and they have, say, an autovest, the autovest blocks the attack. It’s not possible to attack someone who is already dead (although it is possible for a target to be attacked multiple times, in which case all attacks would go through, and therefore each attacker would have their charges spent).
    3) Yes. Being jailed doesn’t provide any form of immunity. And if even one of the captors decides to execute, the player is dead. Androids cannot protect jailed targets. Jailed players may use their night actions. The player does receive night feedback. Jailed targets do not participate in any other chats (unless they get jailed twice, in which case they participate in both of the captors’ jail chats).
    4) Their charges are replenished, yes.
    5) No. The only thing that can consume a charge is taking a night action.

6. ISO #256

7. ISO #257

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lembird Oshay View Post
    regardless i'd have to reread him, and im not doing that until voting is enabled
    Reading is good for your brain. I myself initially had the same thoughts that Lois had on Jiles, but I know I found other people more scummy, but I can't remember who they are so I'm rereading.
    Thanks for your answer to my setup question btw, I missed that myself.

8. ISO #258

9. ISO #259

10. ISO #260

I appreciate the fight! Good sport playing on after being outted! Well done, really it's admirable.
    I'm not sure if this is your first game as exec or anything, but a little tidbit of info here for you.

If you death tunnel someone D0 without voting with an executioner enabled as Neutral Benign, chances are you've basically solved your own slot for other players. I'm not discarding the fact you could be town currently, but this is to the point where you are likely our Neutral Benign slot as Executioner.

11. ISO #261

12. ISO #262

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marlwyn Janson View Post
    If I were Vigilante (which I might be) I would be shooting you tonight for not fucking doing what I tell you to. This is not a difficult task to decision-make about. Stop your self-righteous shit. Stop posting in blue and be a town member, or die. The town will be swifter at this than the Mafia btw.

Your non-sense is useless, what has it done?
    This is just aggressive and unnecessary and makes me feel uncomfortable.

13. ISO #263

Right, because I CAN understand that paranoia where you would question my motives here. But that really only makes sense in the bigger picture if you also don't beleive in my push there, or if you beleive Jiles isn't Mafia. So I'm not sure if you actually beleive I'm playing an exec push on Night Zero before half the game has even checked in. It feels more like, "oh here's a thought." And the worst part is, that thought really only helps Jiles out over there, and I'm telling you, he's locked in Mafia. So now I'm thinking what to make of you here. I don't think you try to save your teammate here because Jiles is a sinking ship, he's going down no matter at this stage and you would be associated here. So I think you're probably just Town throwing out ideas without considering the implications.

Thanks, this was actually helpful to sort you after all.

14. ISO #264

15. ISO #265

16. ISO #266

17. ISO #267

18. ISO #268

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Jiles Carballo View Post
    I'm not sure if this is your first game as exec or anything, but a little tidbit of info here for you.

If you death tunnel someone D0 without voting with an executioner enabled as Neutral Benign, chances are you've basically solved your own slot for other players. I'm not discarding the fact you could be town currently, but this is to the point where you are likely our Neutral Benign slot as Executioner.
    mate, you literally just called me lock town not more than a couple hours ago. What you're doing now is creating a world to fit a narrative that suits you instead of actively solving me. But it doesn't matter, because I know you are Mafia. By all means keep going.

19. ISO #269

20. ISO #270

mate, you literally just called me lock town not more than a couple hours ago. What you're doing now is creating a world to fit a narrative that suits you instead of actively solving me. But it doesn't matter, because I know you are Mafia. By all means keep going.
    I called you lock town as I did not believe an exec was in this save due to my inability (apparently) to read the setup.

21. ISO #271

22. ISO #272

23. ISO #273

early day 1 reads are hardly right
    let alone day 0.

i might be convinced if we knew this super secret blunder tech was
    I say this alot. D1 reads are like loose strings that you try to tug at to make very vague sense of people. I have never personally played a game with a full 24 hours before D1 begins (as day time that is) and as such can only somewhat comprehend how off D0 reads are in all likelihood.

24. ISO #274

early day 1 reads are hardly right
    let alone day 0.
    i might be convinced if we knew this super secret blunder tech was
    Are we allowed to link finished games? If yes, it would probably end this whole silliness and jiles could move on to tell jokes or something until they get voted out or killed. But like, you can make your own reads right?

25. ISO #275

26. ISO #276

Are we allowed to link finished games? If yes, it would probably end this whole silliness and jiles could move on to tell jokes or something until they get voted out or killed. But like, you can make your own reads right?
    yeah site rules allows talking about finished games
    how would we ever discuss player meta then? lmao

27. ISO #277

28. ISO #278

29. ISO #279

But like, you can make your own reads right?
    well of course i can make reads,
    however they're not very likely to be accurate for a few reasons
    1. there's basically no weight behind and of our words because we have no means of backing them up
    2. it's early and there isn't a ton of interaction to analysis
    3. we have the potential presence of third party neutrals that are also scum hunting, yet are not town aligned

30. ISO #280

31. ISO #281

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Magellan Core View Post
    1) Affirmative, the Biotech Expert is essentially a consort. It roleblocks their target for one night only, stopping them from using their night ability. This effect doesn’t persist past the night that it was used on. If A roleblocks B and B roleblocks A, one of the two will be randomly picked to be the one roleblocked and the other will not be roleblocked.
    2) That depends. If someone is attacked by a Marine Lieutenant and they have, say, an autovest, the autovest blocks the attack. It’s not possible to attack someone who is already dead (although it is possible for a target to be attacked multiple times, in which case all attacks would go through, and therefore each attacker would have their charges spent).
    3) Yes. Being jailed doesn’t provide any form of immunity. And if even one of the captors decides to execute, the player is dead. Androids cannot protect jailed targets. Jailed players may use their night actions. The player does receive night feedback. Jailed targets do not participate in any other chats (unless they get jailed twice, in which case they participate in both of the captors’ jail chats).
    4) Their charges are replenished, yes.
    5) No. The only thing that can consume a charge is taking a night action.
    0. Interrogator jails
    1. Chief Security Officer jails
    Thanks Magelon (or Avillan). It was a lot of questions.
    Sorry a few more. Since jailed players can use their night action, why is the interrogator night action higher than the town jailor? Can they execute each other? When in the Order of Operations is the jailor execute- important because if they are first, then they cannot be roleblocked-?

I think the underlined portion is particularly interesting. It means even if we knew there was a town jailor, it seems we cannot be openly discussing jailor targets because mafia can just hit the jailed target, nor can we use the jailor as a protective role.

32. ISO #282

33. ISO #283

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Gollert Twissell View Post
    Thanks Magelon (or Avillan). It was a lot of questions.
    Sorry a few more. Since jailed players can use their night action, why is the interrogator night action higher than the town jailor? Can they execute each other? When in the Order of Operations is the jailor execute- important because if they are first, then they cannot be roleblocked-?

I think the underlined portion is particularly interesting. It means even if we knew there was a town jailor, it seems we cannot be openly discussing jailor targets because mafia can just hit the jailed target, nor can we use the jailor as a protective role.
    Basically, if A jails B and B jails A, the interrogator’s action would trump the CSO’s, meaning that the CSO would end up jailed, but the interrogator wouldn’t.

34. ISO #284

35. ISO #285

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Jiles Carballo View Post
    Interesting response.
    -vote S-FM Jiles Carballo View Post

Got one
    Look at the post that convinced me.

Why does one post with two words matter so much?

I present to you, The Most Interesting Case

To those of you who don't follow what I'm getting at, Mafia do this ALL THE TIME.

This isn't to day that Town haven't done this, but recently there has been a massive study regarding word usage and alignment indicativeness. I was very surprised to learn that the word 'Interesting' is used by Mafia FAR MORE than it is used by Town. Here are some quick examples:

Quote Originally Posted by Waluigi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soulz View Post
    [SPOILER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evaaaa View Post
    I town-lean lol and scum-lean senor. I'll stick to what the person in my slot thought about him.
    all the mid-posters are pretty wack. Would lynch them in this order Senor>Lamp>Poly>Cider>lol
    Hm, I do find it weird that you say lol is clean but he's voting you.
    If you weren't cop, you could be lynched and it would prove that lol is infact not your clean lead, which may throw him under a bit of suspicion...
    [UNV]Kota1000[/UNV]
    [V]lol[/V]
    Evaaa ended the day voting Lol instead of Senor

[V]evaaaa[/V]

ez game.
    [/SPOILER]

Huh okay that progression is interesting. I could have expected a senor vote after 691 since it seemed accusatory towards him taking all these posts into account
    Mislynchable.

Just making sure everyone always understands in all future games why villagers should never say that word.

And of course, wolves, continue saying it at your peril.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew-Sta View Post
    Interesting NK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamphouse View Post
    I'm going to bed.
    It's going to be entertaining, a the least, to see what monkey thinks about all this.
    Serius's thoughts might be interesting to, if he bothers to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew-Sta View Post
    Ok, this is interesting. lol's last vote is for senor. This ties it three ways. senor not long after shifts from Grant to kota / silmarils, taking it from three ways to clear leader on kota / silmarils.

That's a more interesting thing to consider.

[V]No Lynch[/V]
    Tldr;
    Recent meta data crunching revealed players who use the word 'Interesting' are FAR FAR FAR more likely to be Mafia.

Jiles is Mafia.

36. ISO #286

37. ISO #287

To those of you who don't follow what I'm getting at, Mafia do this ALL THE TIME.

This isn't to day that Town haven't done this, but recently there has been a massive study regarding word usage and alignment indicativeness. I was very surprised to learn that the word 'Interesting' is used by Mafia FAR MORE than it is used by Town. Here are some quick examples:

Tldr;
    Recent meta data crunching revealed players who use the word 'Interesting' are FAR FAR FAR more likely to be Mafia.

Jiles is Mafia.
    interesting

well now the meta is ruined

38. ISO #288

39. ISO #289

40. ISO #290

Tldr;

Jiles is Mafia.
    Folding me into the "meta" playstyle is the wrong thing to do.

Also, you cannot even justify that as a meta read as much as a few cases.

41. ISO #291

42. ISO #292

43. ISO #293

44. ISO #294

45. ISO #295

46. ISO #296

Tldr;

Jiles is Mafia.
    I mean I'm not going to argue that the meta data isn't true because it probably is. But it hardly equates to him being mafia. At most it makes him some degree of more likely to be. Nothing more.

47. ISO #297

48. ISO #298

are you purposely shitting on my neck?
    Bahaha! Nah, it's just better to go over it with voice and can't really do that with anon posting. I pinkie promise that in post game we can go through it together

Something happened to my connection and it got pretty bad for a bit there, but it's late and I should call it a night anyway. Until tomorrow!

49. ISO #299

50. ISO #300