Ensign
    Ensign
    Ensign

Strike Team Leader (Support Agent)
    Hidden Support Agent
    Hidden Killing Agent

Hidden Neutral Benign
    Hidden Neutral Evil

Link to setup: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/45796-S-FM-Magellan-(15P)
    Game Start:

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

Links:
    Night 1
    Day 2
    Night 2
    Day 3
    Last edited by S-FM Magellan Core; July 2nd, 2020 at 05:38 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Re: S-FM Magellan (15p)

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lois Francklyn View Post
    Also I'm voting for this:
    Plurality w/ Majority: Same as plurality, but with an extra majority rule: if a player attains >50% of the votes, they are lynched.
    Same. Bird voting is tempting too tho
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Vlädislow Kennt View Post
    Allo fellow cosmonaut. For the republic!
    *salutes*

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Here is the exact text for the mechanics we vote for, for those that can't be bothered to read the setup

Majority: Lynch requires >50% of total votes. Ties resolved by RNG.

Plurality: The player with the most votes is lynched at EoD.
    Hammering is disabled.

Plurality w/ Majority: Same as plurality, but with an extra majority rule: if a player attains >50% of the votes, they are lynched.

Condorcet: Instead of voting for one player, you rank players in order of who you want lynched. The candidates are then compared to each other on a pair-by-pair basis; the candidate that wins the most 1v1 pair duels is lynched. Hammering is disabled.

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lembird Oshay View Post
    I'm voting for simple majority + plurality
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Vladislow Kennt View Post
    Cordocet sounds fun in concept but a pain in actuality. I'll probably go with simple maj + plurality.
    Also I'm voting for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marlwyn Janson View Post
    Anyway, I'm going with Plurality w/ Majority. See you guys tomorrow.

Why are you voting for plurality w/ majority?
    Simple plurality prevents hammering, and requires less coordination of all of town votes. (we only need half of town to be awake)
    Hammering generally hurts town I think.

35. ISO #35

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Gollert Twissell View Post
    Simple plurality prevents hammering, and requires less coordination of all of town votes. (we only need half of town to be awake)
    I think you believe what you're saying, but I think you beleive it will somehow grant you credit.

NARRATOR: IT DIDN'T.

Hammer creates a state of play whereby information is more meaningful, especially in end game where voting can literally imply one mafia exists between crossvotes.

36. ISO #36

It also prevents strong pressure from being put, or at least impairs the ability to put strong pressure on players. Also, hammers are bad when they are too early, but they often give info, since their possiblity makes EoDs more lively.

BUT BIRD VOTES ARE SUPERIOR
    - less gameable
    - birds
    - it's like plurality + majority but with an integrated list of reads that is easy to see for everyone
    - BIRDS

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

I think you believe what you're saying, but I think you beleive it will somehow grant you credit.

NARRATOR: IT DIDN'T.

Hammer creates a state of play whereby information is more meaningful, especially in end game where voting can literally imply one mafia exists between crossvotes.
    Well of course I believe what I am saying, but in end-endgame people shouldn't be voting each other than to hammer yeah? Like in a 2v1 nobody votes until someone is sure. In plurality, you allow people to express their votes.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Billigan Holbird View Post
    It also prevents strong pressure from being put, or at least impairs the ability to put strong pressure on players. Also, hammers are bad when they are too early, but they often give info, since their possiblity makes EoDs more lively.

BUT BIRD VOTES ARE SUPERIOR
    - less gameable
    - birds
    - it's like plurality + majority but with an integrated list of reads that is easy to see for everyone
    - BIRDS
    What really is the purpose of pressure? I've been thinking about it. Sure, without vote pressure it's much harder to get different responses from some of the more inactive people, but really we should all be contributing.. without the need of players others prodding us. We all need to be discussing who is town and who isn't.

And I would also argue that pressure is still applied. Players who aren't town enough will get lynched by the end of the day, and knowing how hard it is usually to change people's minds, it's a good idea for everyone to be as town as they can from the get-go. Those that fail to keep that up will get weeded out.

I'm thinking about doing the bird vote if not the plurality vote.

41. ISO #41

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Arnarld Quinne View Post
    -vote S-FM Billigan Holbird
    But that person's response to me not only identified the problem, but also offered a solution, which means they will be easily to communicate with in the coming days. I'd rather he'd stay around, at least for now. Switching my vote to this current afk.

-vote S-FM Arnarld Quinne

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

I may of discovered THE BADDIES

S-FM Gollert Twissell, S-FM Marlwyn Janson, S-FM Lois Francklyn.

They are THE BADDIES.

MARSHALLS

Reveal.

We win.

ACHIEVEMENT: Happily Ever After
    No, I'm town. Speaking of reveals though, my questioning about the vote system basically is a claim that I'm not the Android, of which I am very sad I did not roll that role.

Anyway, just cause we don't have a lynch in this real 24hr day, doesn't mean we shouldn't be discussing and stuff, if it seems like people are going to peace out because there is no hammer then I will vote for majority so that turbo lynches are a real thing.

I'd really like a universal town read, would be very helpful thanks. Let me know what I can do to attain that if somehow you don't trust me.

44. ISO #44

But that person's response to me not only identified the problem, but also offered a solution, which means they will be easily to communicate with in the coming days. I'd rather he'd stay around, at least for now. Switching my vote to this current afk.

-vote S-FM Arnarld Quinne
    Wait a minute I'm blind, that's you! (the person above this one). So you're a player that scumreads those that vote you? Sad, but good to know.

In a 15 player game theres bound to be people who don't keep up with the game. What does everyone think about policy lynching day 1? Jailor chance is only ~50%
    -vote S-FM Jiles Carballo

45. ISO #45

No, I'm town. Speaking of reveals though, my questioning about the vote system basically is a claim that I'm not the Android, of which I am very sad I did not roll that role.

Anyway, just cause we don't have a lynch in this real 24hr day, doesn't mean we shouldn't be discussing and stuff, if it seems like people are going to peace out because there is no hammer then I will vote for majority so that turbo lynches are a real thing.

I'd really like a universal town read, would be very helpful thanks. Let me know what I can do to attain that if somehow you don't trust me.
    BRIBES. I TAKE

Also.

Intestine.

Read.

I treat today as everyday. I will vote you for not being town. I WILL VOTE YOU AND YOU ARE SCUM YES.

TODAY we must. Vote to vote.

To vote?

WE MUST.

VOTE.

WE MUST DECIDED.

what vote is the scum to like. WHAT DO THEY WANT?

46. ISO #46

Wait a minute I'm blind, that's you! (the person above this one). So you're a player that scumreads those that vote you? Sad, but good to know.

In a 15 player game theres bound to be people who don't keep up with the game. What does everyone think about policy lynching day 1? Jailor chance is only ~50%
    Switchy Bitchy. Come back and play

Always lynch. POWER is in DAY. NoT ROLES.

47. ISO #47

Switchy Bitchy. Come back and play

Always lynch. POWER is in DAY. NoT ROLES.
    Okayquestion mark
    You read the setup yet? May as well do some setup spec whilst people trickle in.
    Ganelon says game ends in 4 days-ish which to me is plenty of time to find all the scum, neutrals are mostly actually benign, and I feel lean toward being town-sided, and turncoat only has one shot available to them. Picking to win by themselves is a dumb decision. Scum has a lot of actions during the night, but are limited on kills. Call it hubris or whatever, but I think we have a good chance of winning just with the amount of time we have been given.

48. ISO #48

Wow, I really am blind, I guess it just goes to say that I haven't associated people with their account names yet. Just count my vote as a non-vote bleh.

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50