Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

Re: S-FM Magellan (15p)

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lois Francklyn View Post
    Dude is straight up Mafia thinking he got caught for the wrong reasons, which causes genuine frustration / anger

How you like them apples Sir "today doesn't matter"
    This is irrelevant currently

but the section highlighted makes me scratch my head a little bit seeing as though my posts have mostly either been neutral or questioning.

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

10. ISO #160

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Jiles Carballo View Post
    This is irrelevant currently

but the section highlighted makes me scratch my head a little bit seeing as though my posts have mostly either been neutral or questioning.
    No, you mad

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Jiles Carballo View Post
    I'm shit posting in D0 and you guys are already calling scum lmfao.
    You're trying to explain yourself by dismissing the arguments with a fake laugh

Guarantee thats not a genuine hearty laugh of the highest order if HaHas

This is a sad and nervous laugh preceding the anger Ha-s

11. ISO #161

12. ISO #162

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lois Francklyn
    No, you mad
    Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lois Francklyn
    You're trying to explain yourself by dismissing the arguments with a fake laugh

Guarantee thats not a genuine hearty laugh of the highest order if HaHas

This is a sad and nervous laugh preceding the anger Ha-s
    I'm just vibing over here in my corner man.

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

I'm asking you to move beyond egoistic plays of clamoring for ill-deserved town points and instead actually solve whether or not other players are genuinely solving or not.

Talking about voting preferences just isn't alignment indicative. Expecting to get points because you shoot for the moon saying one vote system is better than the other is nonsensical. Do you beleive Mafia would argue for a different voye system, or make arguments on this topic in bad faith? Its a rhetorical question - no.So you don't get Town points for this topic.

I'm asking you again to instead start looking at the game through other players perspectives. Would they do this as Mafia? COULD they say this kind of thing as Mafia? No? Okay, start making your Town pile.

What you're doing now isn't solving. But I still want to beleive you're Town. I'm asking you to solve instead of whatever it is that you're doing. Can you follow my train of thought here and does that make sense to you?
    I would have to disagree with this. I don't think mafia would likely "argue" one way or another, I believe they would suppress their actual voting pattern desires. Plurality is clearly favors town and majority favors scum. The reason we aren't seeing the mafia voice favor for majority is because it is a dissenting opinion and would be looked unfavorably upon. Why do you think people are just dropping in to say they want plurality+majority?

I'm in agreement with examining motives for determining town/scum, but your expectation for me to do that analysis so early on is, I think, out of place, but understandable with the thought process you seem to have as a whole. Really discussion generation is the most valuable thing we can do right now, and you're in agreement with me. If you continue to not think that I'm solving, then we shall have a problem. But until I'm genuinely lost, that will not happen, not even if everyone else becomes apathetic. You can count on that.

I think your question lacks context for any answer other than a tongue in cheek response for the sake if response.

Where am I in this context? What do the choices of staying and moving imply? These are the questions I'd ask myself to determine what to do next.

But if you really want a reply, I don't think you're asking this question in good faith and I'm inclined to death tunnel you from here on out.
    *snicker* That was funny last line.

20. ISO #170

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marlwyn Janson View Post
    You guys wanna know a Mafia strategy of mine?

I like to talk shit about everyone so nobody ever thinks about my interactions with my partners.
    This person has the brain the size of a planet

Now why would you mention that? Unless you are deliberately changing your scum strategy for the game it doesn't really read nicely.

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

It's a fantastic smokescreen. Particularly later on when you're grasping at straws trying to identify some correlation that doesn't exist.

And then you find it. You find it's absence.
    An absence of relation can easily be reconverted into association with enough hard work, re-reading, VCA, and overall being observant.
    I do like it when people are cooperative though, it makes discussions in realtime easier.

23. ISO #173

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Gollert Twissell View Post
    I would have to disagree with this. I don't think mafia would likely "argue" one way or another, I believe they would suppress their actual voting pattern desires. Plurality is clearly favors town and majority favors scum. The reason we aren't seeing the mafia voice favor for majority is because it is a dissenting opinion and would be looked unfavorably upon. Why do you think people are just dropping in to say they want plurality+majority?
    I agree with this whole-heartedly which is why it is in our interests to ensure we get the preferred lynch correct, which is of course Plurality. Scum benefit if we screw up and choose the wrong lynch method but I also doubt they'll be brave enough to advocate for an opposition standpoint.

24. ISO #174

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lembird Oshay View Post
    I mean it's not like the votes for voting mechanic is public, we pm host our votes
    Yet you felt compelled to voice your opinion. You told us, on your own, why and what you were voting for. I'm saying someone probably already has voiced their opinion, and making it the same as the majority opinion, to get people to view them as being active but not wanting to rock the boat.

25. ISO #175

An absence of relation can easily be reconverted into association with enough hard work, re-reading, VCA, and overall being observant.
    I do like it when people are cooperative though, it makes discussions in realtime easier.
    You fundamentally misunderstand. The absence of relation is in fact, relation in this context. And you'd need some extremely astute levels of reading and re-reading to get there.

26. ISO #176

Yet you felt compelled to voice your opinion. You told us, on your own, why and what you were voting for. I'm saying someone probably already has voiced their opinion, and making it the same as the majority opinion, to get people to view them as being active but not wanting to rock the boat.
    is plurality the majority opinion or is it the plurality?

27. ISO #177

I'm in agreement with examining motives for determining town/scum, but your expectation for me to do that analysis so early on is, I think, out of place, but understandable with the thought process you seem to have as a whole. Really discussion generation is the most valuable thing we can do right now, and you're in agreement with me. If you continue to not think that I'm solving, then we shall have a problem. But until I'm genuinely lost, that will not happen, not even if everyone else becomes apathetic. You can count on that.

*snicker* That was funny last line.
    I think we're in a good place moving this game forward bit by bit and I'm happy you're putting in effort and giving me the respect to answer me from what I see is in good faith. Thank you, that's really chill

I think we may have a theoretical disagreement on what type of voting is best, but I don't think it's likely to burn bridges, right? I'm a fan of the plurality + majority option, but I respect if you only want plurality. I won't vote that way, but as long as we don't end up with the concordent system I'm happy.

Also yeah, straight up majority is gross. Looking forward to playing with you!

28. ISO #178

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lembird Oshay View Post
    is plurality the majority opinion or is it the plurality?
    Plurality has the support of about two people.
    Plurality+Majority has the support of about four people.
    Condercet has the support of about 2.5 people.
    Yapyap wrote a post in the thread about how condercet reveals powers roles. I've half a mind to believe him.

Did you find anything interesting in the setup?

29. ISO #179

30. ISO #180

It's a fantastic smokescreen. Particularly later on when you're grasping at straws trying to identify some correlation that doesn't exist.

And then you find it. You find it's absence.
    I won't hold it against Mafia for piling onto Jiles here. Dude is already a sinking ship.

31. ISO #181

32. ISO #182

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

Plurality has the support of about two people.
    Plurality+Majority has the support of about four people.
    Condercet has the support of about 2.5 people.
    Yapyap wrote a post in the thread about how condercet reveals powers roles. I've half a mind to believe him.

Did you find anything interesting in the setup?
    i've been looking at some of the "special" things for a bunch of the roles to check for any weird interactions.
    i think it's weird that architect can't reveal in chat, but there's nothing stopping the scum variant from doing so

35. ISO #185

36. ISO #186

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189

40. ISO #190

41. ISO #191

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196