S-FM 303: Summer 2020 (Newbie Game) - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #301

Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    It is Day One though. So I am still going to take Auwt's aggression with a pinch of salt. I suggest the same for everyone.

But for now; Martin have been very inconsistent and most of his actions give away bad vibes to me.

I am keeping my vote on him.

You take everyone else's actions towards you with a pinch of salt but not mine?

Explain your logic on this because I seriously don't see why a townie would be paranoid on Day One.
    Also, for the paranoia explanation, that's because Townies are part of an uninformed majority, they don't know who is town, only themselves. While Mafia are part of an informed majority, they know who their partners are, and this shows on how paranoid they are. Generally Mafia would be less paranoid than Townies would be.

If you think this isn't a sign of being town, and rather a sign of being scum for Grakylan, then why would Grakylan paint himself as scum?

2. ISO #302

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Generally Mafia would be less paranoid than Townies would be.
    In fact, Zedus has been paranoid that I'm mafia. But I know I am not. And given the circumstances with his interactions with me and lack of interactions with others, I can only assume he is likely scum.

3. ISO #303

In fact, Zedus has been paranoid that I'm mafia. But I know I am not. And given the circumstances with his interactions with me and lack of interactions with others, I can only assume he is likely scum.
    And here's an even better example:

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    As to myself I see 2 scum team comp possible at the moment.

First one is Zedus/bakermir,
    I'm pretty sure at least one of them is on the dark side. They both tunneled very hard on Martin, and as Zedus said, he is ready to see Martin be lynched even though he might be a townie. He has his own reason, we probably wont make him change his mind (although I dont like this mindset). Bakermir on the other hand blindly followed Ash's early vote on Martin without saying much reasons, could be seen as an attempt to get a train starting.

The second one is Dallarian/Martin, as I said Dallarian like using non town inclusive pronouns and speech and tried his best to get Martin in a safer spot. Martin could be seen as a misleading townie as Zedus pointed out some post above in that case.

I will try to look more into those possibilites.
    Making those kind of post could significantly help us in the next days, everyone should consider trying to make a bind between someone you voted and their possible ally.
    Auwt is fully aware that he is a townie, and based on the conclusions he has made, he feels he should be paranoid/wary of those four (which includes me).

4. ISO #304

Also, for the paranoia explanation, that's because Townies are part of an uninformed majority, they don't know who is town, only themselves. While Mafia are part of an informed majority, they know who their partners are, and this shows on how paranoid they are. Generally Mafia would be less paranoid than Townies would be.

If you think this isn't a sign of being town, and rather a sign of being scum for Grakylan, then why would Grakylan paint himself as scum?
    I don't know Grakylan well so I can't judge them. It is all loose ends and that is the reason why I have only shown reaction at his entrance but then kept him "null".

I still don't see your point here. Mafia would be hella paranoid because they are clearly not the majority here by votes. They have other paranoia's too like town power roles. Those roles can complicate their play to a larger extent.

Why would I be paranoid on Day One as a townie? I still don't get this.

5. ISO #305

6. ISO #306

I don’t understand this. Townies are paranoid, Zedus is paranoid, so Zedus is scum? Huh?

7. ISO #307

I don't know Grakylan well so I can't judge them. It is all loose ends and that is the reason why I have only shown reaction at his entrance but then kept him "null".

I still don't see your point here. Mafia would be hella paranoid because they are clearly not the majority here by votes. They have other paranoia's too like town power roles. Those roles can complicate their play to a larger extent.

Why would I be paranoid on Day One as a townie? I still don't get this.
    Paranoia shows in someone's Reads. Grakylan read a lot of people as leans or nulls, never strictly town or scum. A mafia member knows who's who in terms of alignment, they would know how to read "correctly", they would be more sure of their Reads. Anyone with wrong reads tends to get suspected. Townies normally cant be as sure of their reads, especially if they're citizen or its day 1 (like you said, you took certain things with a pinch of salt).

8. ISO #308

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    @bakermir

You pointed out Martin’s Grakylan read and I agree it’s weird. But is it actually scummy? Like in a world where Martin is scum, what is the purpose of writing that?
    We are yet to see what Martin will reveal eventually and I believe no progress have been made on finding out his alignment. However he seems to be trying too hard to redirect attention off himself.

9. ISO #309

I don’t understand this. Townies are paranoid, Zedus is paranoid, so Zedus is scum? Huh?
    Well I mean degrees of paranoia. People can fake paranoia too. Paranoia about one sole person, in my opinion, is more liekly to be inauthentic than one about people in general.

10. ISO #310

We are yet to see what Martin will reveal eventually and I believe no progress have been made on finding out his alignment. However he seems to be trying too hard to redirect attention off himself.
    But how is it redirecting attention off himself to lock-town read a guy a lot of us are suspecting?

11. ISO #311

I think you might've skipped over it accidentally, which is fine since 280-ish posts is a lot to read. It was post #42.

Basically, the point of the question was to figure out who would question me, and to what extent. I figure if people are town, they don't have an informed majority, and therefore are more skeptical of things. I wanted be proactive and get a good pool of reads to start from, and then other people might make their own informed analyses of it in the future.

For example, if someone acted towny by questioning my motives and actions, but then refrained from attacking someone else in the future, that could be telling. If you review my past posts, you might see that I was hinting that I even counted your agression towards the question as an acceptable response, because thats the point. Scum might just answer it freely without care or question because they think there's nothing telling about it since it would be hypothetical.

12. ISO #312

Well I mean degrees of paranoia. People can fake paranoia too. Paranoia about one sole person, in my opinion, is more liekly to be inauthentic than one about people in general.
    Ok, I see what you’re saying now.

But uh, townies tunnel. Like if you only read bakemir’s posts you would think there’s only one scum in this game. I agree that Zedus is scummy as heck but I don’t think for that reason.

13. ISO #313

But how is it redirecting attention off himself to lock-town read a guy a lot of us are suspecting?
    As I said before, I've done studying before this game started. One of the games I read through was the Mafia Universe Championship, game 6 (If I recall correctly). There, JaggedJimmyJay made a valid point in reading someone as town because of how unsure their reads were. I don't think I can insert the quote here if I find it again.

14. ISO #314

Paranoia shows in someone's Reads. Grakylan read a lot of people as leans or nulls, never strictly town or scum. A mafia member knows who's who in terms of alignment, they would know how to read "correctly", they would be more sure of their Reads. Anyone with wrong reads tends to get suspected. Townies normally cant be as sure of their reads, especially if they're citizen or its day 1 (like you said, you took certain things with a pinch of salt).
    That isn't consistent with the earlier reads you have given about him;

Grakylan: Worse than Zedus in my opinion, only three posts. Also presumably tried to vote me. I don't like how he picks on my reference to depression & me in regards to my response to Ash's question as to what brings me to FM. I think this is completely unrelated to the game at hand. He also self admits being hasty in reading the thread...Is he not seriously considering or analyzing the discussions?
    &

These people who I am certain 100% , for now, that are town:

Grakylan: It may not look like it, but I think he's absolutely town based on his given read. Look at just how many people he suspects or just leans. It matches the paranoia that can come with being a townie. Or even being AFK for that long due to IRL stuff that he had to deal with. I highly doubt he's scum.

Your opinions on people's alignment shift quite fast depending on how majority reacts to things. I find it very hard to trust in anything you say.

I am still trying to understand your reasoning so I can finally remove my vote but I am not convinced.

15. ISO #315

I think it suited him that Auwt created the Zedus-Bakermir duo and some people bandwagon right away. Now I would suspect he is a townie trying to follow rest of the townies but then his comment on cleaning Grak doesn't sound well.

16. ISO #316

That isn't consistent with the earlier reads you have given about him;

&

Your opinions on people's alignment shift quite fast depending on how majority reacts to things. I find it very hard to trust in anything you say.

I am still trying to understand your reasoning so I can finally remove my vote but I am not convinced.
    He didn't give a read back then. For all I knew he was suspect and I needed more information from them. Townies adapt to the information that they have, and so their reads change. This demonstrates that I have a flexible mindset, not an inconsistent mindset. For me, what Grakylan said was a big influence or valuation for me to consider him town, especially in a noob game where it would be expected for one to be unsure about their guesses as to who's scum.

17. ISO #317

18. ISO #318

Re: Re : S-FM Summer 2020

Is this supposed to be Renegade being G00FY? Please explain.
    I'm just speculating that there is some super contrived plot Zedus is referring to, and his suggestion about the invest and prot on you and him, and how he can't tell us what the plan is or some goofiness. This is sort of a half joke suggestion but the way he is talking I wouldn't be surprised.

19. ISO #319

He didn't give a read back then. For all I knew he was suspect and I needed more information from them. Townies adapt to the information that they have, and so their reads change. This demonstrates that I have a flexible mindset, not an inconsistent mindset. For me, what Grakylan said was a big influence or valuation for me to consider him town, especially in a noob game where it would be expected for one to be unsure about their guesses as to who's scum.
    Oh yeah, we are all certainly clueless right now. Most of us are new players. However, we are familiar to the concept because we have played the mod version.

Again, I see no reason why would that make him a useful town read for rest of us while it only benefits you. That selfishness isn't town-like at all.

20. ISO #320

Oh yeah, we are all certainly clueless right now. Most of us are new players. However, we are familiar to the concept because we have played the mod version.

Again, I see no reason why would that make him a useful town read for rest of us while it only benefits you. That selfishness isn't town-like at all.
    How is this selfishness? How exactly does that benefit me only?

21. ISO #321

22. ISO #322

Grak's reads could easily be more interpreted as "hedge-y", as Ash said mine were. Does that sound like town behavior to you?

23. ISO #323

I think it suited him that Auwt created the Zedus-Bakermir duo and some people bandwagon right away. Now I would suspect he is a townie trying to follow rest of the townies but then his comment on cleaning Grak doesn't sound well.
    Martin was on Zedus - Bakemir before Auwt though. I just went back and checked, Martin’s post was 244 and Auwt’s post was 257.

24. ISO #324

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Grak's reads could easily be more interpreted as "hedge-y", as Ash said mine were. Does that sound like town behavior to you?
    @Renegade
    Actually, you make a valid point there. I didn't account for if how much effort he put into those reads. I assumed there was effort because the reads existed. Noted.

25. ISO #325

I'm just speculating that there is some super contrived plot Zedus is referring to, and his suggestion about the invest and prot on you and him, and how he can't tell us what the plan is or some goofiness. This is sort of a half joke suggestion but the way he is talking I wouldn't be surprised.
    I am also in between.

Voting on Helltanis seems to be a good passive action but he might need more votes on him before he speaks out.
    Voting on Zedus is reasonable because he did set focus on Martin and gave no input on other people like Auwt etc who is openly attacking Zedus. He is not attacking anyone else on Day One. Seems fishy you know, but then again he might be right about Martin.
    Voting on Grakylan because he is a scum read for multiple people, a 100% town read according to Martin logic. He would be my next suspect after Martin.

For others? I don't see any reason to vote them.

I will keep my vote on Martin until there is a better candidate.

26. ISO #326

Actually, here’s a question for you Martin: the way you’re describing scum vs town play makes it sound a lot like you’re playing your definition of a scum game.

You say scum are more certain of their reads, and you’ve landed a 100% town read on a very questionable slot. You say town are more paranoid and suspect more people but you are suspecting only two.

Like... I don’t agree that this is always the case, but are you just describing YOUR scum game here?

27. ISO #327

@Renegade
    Actually, you make a valid point there. I didn't account for if how much effort he put into those reads. I assumed there was effort because the reads existed. Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    So my reads so far:

Auwt - i appreciate you backing me up, but you are being a bit contarian to what everyones saying in some regards, especially after me. So town lean.

Dallarian - still holding on to a grudge and targeting a player even after he withdraw his vote on him. Slight scum lean?

Martin - All his high quality posts, math, his self-described ego problem, and AtE suggest either a TPR or scum trying to make himself look all so important.

bakermir - I'm starting to think hes definitely scum.

Zedus - him too, hes scum. Also throwing in the math and dodging questions.

Null on everyone else.
    He only made his reads four minutes after his wall post examining what had happened since then. Im not sure if he put that much thought into his reads.

28. ISO #328

Actually, here’s a question for you Martin: the way you’re describing scum vs town play makes it sound a lot like you’re playing your definition of a scum game.

You say scum are more certain of their reads, and you’ve landed a 100% town read on a very questionable slot. You say town are more paranoid and suspect more people but you are suspecting only two.

Like... I don’t agree that this is always the case, but are you just describing YOUR scum game here?
    I apologize if I gave the impression that my reads were locked. In case you didn't notice, I actually moved you from Town on my first two reads (#43 and #150) to Town-lean at #244.

Im just keeping my mind flexible. Right now that means not town-locking Grakylan because Renegade convinced me otherwise.

29. ISO #329

I apologize if I gave the impression that my reads were locked. In case you didn't notice, I actually moved you from Town on my first two reads (#43 and #150) to Town-lean at #244.

Im just keeping my mind flexible. Right now that means not town-locking Grakylan because Renegade convinced me otherwise.
    I suppose its ironic. I actually tunneled that Grak was town LOL. But that's my ego problem again. I had jumped on it as soon as I thought it was something similar to what a champs game did.

Also @Zedus , if you're reading then this is the power of discussion and communication.

30. ISO #330

Yikes, this is a dodge.

31. ISO #331

Yikes, this is a dodge.
    Here's Marsmallow Marshall explaining the need to reevaluation. Its on this thread that was created for the newbies recently.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...085#post869085

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    This has already been said, but I will say it again: reevaluation is extremely important. It's also the part almost everyone struggles with, even very high level players (some would say that because of the general accuracy of their reads, they are more confident with them). Without reevaluating your reads, you will disregard meaningful information because of your bias for or against a player, and that can be misleading.

32. ISO #332

33. ISO #333

Here's Marsmallow Marshall explaining the need to reevaluation. Its on this thread that was created for the newbies recently.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...085#post869085
    Double yikes, this is even more dodge-y.

Like you’re trying to make it like I’m criticising you for re-evaluating. I’m not. You’re refusing to confront the fact that in your estimation a town player will be paranoid and have lots of scum reads but you only have 2.

34. ISO #334

I don't know if I should trust you here.

It was quite obvious. No?

35. ISO #335

36. ISO #336

37. ISO #337

38. ISO #338

Double yikes, this is even more dodge-y.

Like you’re trying to make it like I’m criticising you for re-evaluating. I’m not. You’re refusing to confront the fact that in your estimation a town player will be paranoid and have lots of scum reads but you only have 2.
    Well with roughly 300 posts, i felt I had enough information to be relatively certain in my views. Grakylan had only popped in twice, he wouldn't know the game off the back of his hand. I had hoped to communicate that my flexible and changing reads were examples of townie paranoia, however. Such as why I mentioned in a previous post that you moved positions in my reads in the past.

39. ISO #339

Aaargh, but Zedus and Martin can’t possibly *both* be scum.
    No, we still can. Well, I know I am not, but if some players voting each other it's doesn't mean they are not both evils.
    Imagine that Martin, who act like evil from the start and force town to lynch someone (it is only beneficial to the evils, and I explained why) is real evil.
    And I am evil too, but playing like townie who knows, that lynching d1 is worst move possible and target Martin for that.
    And we both f*cked this whole discussion.

40. ISO #340

Aaargh, but Zedus and Martin can’t possibly *both* be scum.
    Or actually... maybe they can be?

Like bussing d1 in this set up is a horrible play in my book, but maybe Zedus thinks it’s good?

Zedus comes in and starts hard bussing Martin, who then really has no option but to go hard back against him. That way at least one comes out with town cred.

Like I don’t think there’s any way Martin would agree to that strategy but if there’s no day chat like Zedus says and they can’t coordinate...?

...wait a sec. @Zedus can you link me where you read that there’s no day chat? Or do you know some other way?

41. ISO #341

Honestly I don't give a fuck about your goofy contrived plan regardless. Now if you are town start acting like it.
    if you don’t understand something, it doesn’t mean that it’s goofy. It's means that YOU cannot understand the plan, that's all. And it's good for us if you are mafia.

42. ISO #342

can you link me where you read that there’s no day chat?
    It's just a classic mafia rule. Evils cannot communicate at the day openly, only at night. If they can, then mafia is stronger in this forum version then in IRL version or even Sc2 Arcade, there you can communicate privately, but everyone will see that someone whispered something for someone else, that make you both suspiciuos.

43. ISO #343

Or actually... maybe they can be?

Like bussing d1 in this set up is a horrible play in my book, but maybe Zedus thinks it’s good?

Zedus comes in and starts hard bussing Martin, who then really has no option but to go hard back against him. That way at least one comes out with town cred.

Like I don’t think there’s any way Martin would agree to that strategy but if there’s no day chat like Zedus says and they can’t coordinate...?

...wait a sec. @Zedus can you link me where you read that there’s no day chat? Or do you know some other way?
    @Ash Lael

In the Order Of Operations in the Setup page,it says this:
    Order of Operations
    0.1. Jailor/Kidnapper
    0.2. Night Chats Open
    1. Veteran
    2. Escort/Consort

44. ISO #344

45. ISO #345

46. ISO #346

47. ISO #347

Quote Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
    if you don’t understand something, it doesn’t mean that it’s goofy. It's means that YOU cannot understand the plan, that's all. And it's good for us if you are mafia.
    There is no plan. You are being cryptic and are a total distraction for the town, and other than hard pressing martin you haven't done anything.

-unvote

Convince me to not vote you.

48. ISO #348

49. ISO #349

50. ISO #350

Quote Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
    There is. And I hope you are evil, who don't undestand that plan. If you are, plan will work. Well, will work if prots/invests acts like I offer.
    No.

-vote Zedus

You are doing basically everything you accuse Marino of, massively misleading town, speaking cryptically, I'm not convinced.