Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

2. ISO #102

Re : Re: Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Dallarian View Post
    @Auwt
    I am aware what you are going to do soon, but give us some more time to observe first, it's an interesting situation.
    Thats why I said i will wait a bit, so you guys can make your own opinion (and i will pick from them lol...uh jking).
    I'm willing to wait for every player to post (unless they wont ever), therefore i do not have to make dozens of posts talking about each of us.

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    Okay my bad on this, didnt see the "1" in day column
    Btw what are you refering to by saying this ?
    I am refering to my post #76 where I quoted, that Martin lied about amount of people needed to lynch someone.
    Martin's post is somewhere between page 2 and 3.

Such small things can confuse our new players, everyone please avoid that.
    However, calling everyone a lier isn't probably the best thing for me.
    I am sorry.
    @Auwt @MartinGG99

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Such small things can confuse our new players, everyone please avoid that.
    However, calling everyone a lier isn't probably the best thing for me.
    Those "small things" could and will probably make a difference between a true townie and a true scum.
    Be sure that I will look on "small things" as much as I can, even if I'm confusing new players.

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120

Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Okay I will be away for a while so this is my reads so far;

1. @Auwt
    Having a reserved approach but also given a hint of town. Need to see contribution to town play. Could be any role. null for now

2. @Renegade
    Seems to be okay so far. Noticed the oddity with Martin but didn't vote him up. Need more from him. null

3. @Dallarian
    It appears to me that he successfully changed topic and distracted everyone off Martin's very sketchy messages and focused on his "little game" instead. Also, most of his messages give a hint of town power and town way of thinking, but this doesn't change the fact that he is protective of Martin. Just looks like Dallarian is ready to vote anyone up here except Martin. There is something wrong here.

He is in between null and scum.

4. @MartinGG99
    Some things were said about him. But we can't deny the fact that he started the role discussion, tried to lead town from start, conflicting messages, wants to random lynch by the end of day and shown scum reflex.

I am also heavily disturbed by the fact that we have 2 mafias alive and Martin is being slow voted.

Hiding information doesn't help town. We need information on wolves. It will give us a lot of leads for the future.

biggest scum read here. i believe he needs to be trialed today as soon as possible.

5. @Helltanis
    I truly believe he is new. Still need more town input from him. null.

6. @Zedus
    Pointed out another sketchy detail about Martin. He is good in my eyes for now. town read.

7. @Grakylan
    His entrance was a mess. Changed his play entirely as soon as he got attention. That is quite scary. Not to sure what to make of but null for now.

8. @Ash Lael
    Understands sheep and wolf mentality. Every time I read their observations, I can't find anything wrong. Legit townie so far.

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    I am also heavily disturbed by the fact that we have 2 mafias alive and Martin is being slow voted.

Hiding information doesn't help town. We need information on wolves. It will give us a lot of leads for the future.
    Can you explain a bit what you mean by this? Are you saying that we should speed-lynch him rather than taking time to discuss?

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

25. ISO #125

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    Uuuugh. I didn’t really like the answer - seemed too thought out or something? I dunno, was having a hard time putting it into words. Like not horrible but not really what I would have expected from town and I wasn’t sure whether I was overthinking it or there was actually something fishy there.

But this unprompted “clarification”? I hate it. It reeks of wolfy self-consciousness.

I came close to unvoting you a couple of times but right now I feel glad I didn’t.
    Personally, I was trying to see whether if people thought that was a bad thing or a good thing. I mean, earlier you pushed me because my question wasn't self-conscientious or self-aware. However, through all of this, I intend to be brutally honest about myself, both in-game aspects and out of game aspects. I think we should all consider that, once again, I was the only one to post a question for people to react to at the start. I'm a noob, and I was nervous that this game could go wrong, so I wanted to be proactive as possible and provoke debate within the town early on to ensure there's discussion. I'm quite glad @Dallarian and @Auwt answered the question, but I'm not sure if I can read them since I've explained the question now. And while I appreciate Dallarian's efforts in agreeing with me, I also intend to be aware of whoever tries to pocket me this game.

That's some clever experienced guy stuff, isn't it?
    Fear not, saying you need 4 votes to lynch someone is a lie, but just a small one. You are not in any danger yet. You need 5 votes to lynch, and your self vote doesn't count.
    Also, what I meant is that we needed 4-votes before I'm vulnerable to a single scum hammer vote. It wasn't intended to be a lie (or perceived as such). I evaluated that for practical purposes that we shouldn't put me at 4 votes right now for the sake of prolonging the day before I get lynched.

26. ISO #126

Also, to reiterate to all whom it may concern, I felt lynching someone today (regardless if it be me) may be the town's best option since the TPR's probabilities of impacting the mafia or getting leads on night 1 is rather low, while the mafia nearly have a 50/50 chance of killing one of the TPR's tonight.

27. ISO #127

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Don't wait, play with us, interact, write your thoughts.
    You can start by answering Martin's question from page 1, or saying your thoughts about what happened on pages 1-4.
    Quick note to Everyone, you can change the # of posts you see per-page in your account settings, under general settings. For example, Dallarian is mentioning page 4, but for me right now that's page 3.

28. ISO #128

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Also, to reiterate to all whom it may concern, I felt lynching someone today (regardless if it be me) may be the town's best option since the TPR's probabilities of impacting the mafia or getting leads on night 1 is rather low, while the mafia nearly have a 50/50 chance of killing one of the TPR's tonight.
    I meant "today" as in this day phase.

29. ISO #129

Personally, I was trying to see whether if people thought that was a bad thing or a good thing. I mean, earlier you pushed me because my question wasn't self-conscientious or self-aware.
    Uh, no, I did no such thing.

I pushed you because your question was dangerous for town and I thought you were intelligent and thoughtful enough that you should have seen that. But that’s very different from being self-aware.

Being self aware does not mean being thoughtful. It means being overly conscious and concerned about your own appearance - as you would be if you were a wolf trying to impersonate town.

You’re smart enough that you shouldn’t need to have that distinction pointed out to you, frankly. It doesn’t inspire faith in your motives.

30. ISO #130

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post
    Uh, no, I did no such thing.

I pushed you because your question was dangerous for town and I thought you were intelligent and thoughtful enough that you should have seen that. But that’s very different from being self-aware.

Being self aware does not mean being thoughtful. It means being overly conscious and concerned about your own appearance - as you would be if you were a wolf trying to impersonate town.

You’re smart enough that you shouldn’t need to have that distinction pointed out to you, frankly. It doesn’t inspire faith in your motives.
    Im not calling anyone stupid here when I say thins, but sometimes ingenuity is present in stupid decisions that are done in line. Sometimes you need to be smart enough, but not a bit more than smart enough, in order to unknowingly do dangerous things. Now, im not proclaiming myself to be stupid, but I would like to argue that that my inexperience can or is impairing me. To study something is one thing, applying it can be another. However in spite of that, I continue to try my best at discussion because it is the best tool the town has, and also because, as I mentioned earlier, I do like being social in a game of debates. Honestly, every post is something I get conflicted about and have to decide to listen to my anxieties or nervousness or not because it is my first game. They tell me to be quiet and to accuse others when they show flaws, in order to find the scum, but i don't want to listen to that. I want to be proactive, and to overcome the emotional challenges it takes in order to get more experience. Unfortunately, that means i'll be making some bad decisions or bad questions. But at least I can try to learn from them. I've made myself vulnerable in order to become better at this, hopefully so to prevent any pointless attention (that was caused by me) against me, a townie.

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

33. ISO #133

Re: Re : S-FM Summer 2020

I will try to post my thought toward each of you later in the day.
    I've already got some ideas who could be what alignment/role.

Also confirming someone as townie and building your play around that person probably may work. Just make sure to exclude Auwt, bakermir, Dallarian and Renegate from that list.

You should be watching for behaviour patterns and who act suspiciously. I will write more on that later. Cannot spoil you everything at once.
    I'm quite curious as to what @Dallarian and @Auwt have to say later today, and whether "when" depends on one of them speaking before the other on their reads. Interesting openings from both.

34. ISO #134

Quote Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
    @MartinGG99 you literaly offer lynch someone, who will be 77% town, because "mafia have 50% chance to kill important town role", lol. You pretending to be "smart" with math, but offer stupid and dangerous action for town.
    You cant night kill a mafia unless you're vigilante or veteran. Or a smart jailor. Currently there's only about a 33% ( 1 - ( 14 / 16 ) ^ 3 ) chance just one of them exists. And they only got one activation. Also, this is directly taken from the new player guide at:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...654#post828654

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    One of the main differences with the mod is the nearly constant presence of Citizens, and a lesser amount of power roles. However, it does not mean that the Town is less powerful than on the mod; the Town simply proceeds differently to win.

On the mod, most of the informations gathered come from "leads" given by night actions. In FM, they almost always come from day chat. The reason is simple : having 48 hours per day phase to debate, asking for explainations and being able to efficiently pressure people for them, and looking at the thread (which is like looking at the chat log on the mod) are all efficient ways to scum hunt.

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

Currently there's only about a 33% ( 1 - ( 14 / 16 ) ^ 3 ) chance just one of them exists.
    Apologies, I was double checking my math here and its incorrect. The chance of having *a* jailor, vigilante, or veteran is actually 46% ( 1 - ( 13 / 16 ) ^ 3). I accidentally calculated for cases where I wanted to know the chance of at least one of two roles will exist at least once from 3 Town Any's.

37. ISO #137

Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Apologies, I was double checking my math here and its incorrect. The chance of having *a* jailor, vigilante, or veteran is actually 46% ( 1 - ( 13 / 16 ) ^ 3). I accidentally calculated for cases where I wanted to know the chance of at least one of two roles will exist at least once from 3 Town Any's.
    Math is good at some point but it wont lead to anything in that case ^_^

38. ISO #138

Let me explain why I have defended Martin.

In the beginning of the game, Martin has began a question I find off-top and neutral to the game itself. The question have pushed us into content and conversation. Before start of the game I was afraid we would have difficulty in establishing conversation at all and we would end up having low activity and no information.
    After 7 hours of the game I believed Martin was put at L-2 (he was actually at L-3), with contribution to the game from 5 players total, and 2 players haven’t said a word yet. With Zedus contribution and if Grakylan’s vote was correct, Martin would be put at L-1 after 11 hours of game. Hammering him would be easy at that point.
    We gained and are still gaining information from this day and I believe it would be waste if we lost 75% of the day due to speed lynch. I am happy I convinced Ash Lael to temporary remove his vote on Martin in order not to finish day and I find it my personal first small victory in mafia.
    Some may not know yet, but if Martin is voted by total of 5 people the day ends automatically. There is no trial like in mod mafia.
    It doesn’t mean I trust Martin.

In this situation uwu, I found defending Martin beneficial, regardless of his aligment.

39. ISO #139

Re: Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Math is good at some point but it wont lead to anything in that case ^_^
    True. But I thought it might help guide our feelings and thoughts as to what the town should do. Obviously, i'm on the boat that says to figure out who to lynch, and that it should be someone, today. Can't rely on TP's if its 50/50 that they'll just get killed tonight, or the low chances for each TPR to learn something or do something useful the next night phase. The only excuse really is jailor, who can only work without a lynch. But by the time we ascertain we have a jailor, its likely they've already revealed and that would be unfortunate as they would be night killed.

40. ISO #140

For all future references, whenever I say "day" here, I am generally referring to the day phase unless I specifically state something in regards to my availability. I keep forgetting to add that phase or IRL day specification to my posts >.<

41. ISO #141

How does everyone feel about the game state right now?

Given that I don't have much experience, I can't say much. I'm quite glad I generated a fair bit of discussion with the controversies I've created, though they originally weren't intended to be controversial. But discussion is discussion, and that's good. Personally I feel the reads we have are a bit lackluster, I mean in terms of how many of us have given reads so far. That would be me, Ash Lael (who has actually given two so far), bakermir, and Renegade. Although, i understand if some of us had to wake up only to go to work quickly and therefore didn't have much time to spend on this forum. As personal policy, I'm not going to hold it against anyone for posting or posting in low amounts except in very exceptional circumstances.

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    Damn I almost forgot this exists. Its hard for me to keep track of things.

Anyhow, I'm back and ready to do this. I guess I will do the same shit I do in the mod, random lynch to get info and shit

-vote Auwt

-unvote

Disregard that previous vote. Old habits from the mod where I rando for info. I shouldn't have been too hasty without reading the thread first considering I had to do stuff irl right as the game began. Whoops.

So now the question is wtf is Dallarian doing trying to rando Auwt for being a FM veteran?

Whats more concerning is this is Martin's first FM game and hes already doing AtE with le depression and being a whole ass mathematician.
    "My old habit from the mod is to big brain calculate the intricate math behind the save on day 1." Why? Most of us mod players don't do it til we die or its lategame. But its literally the earlygame.

Why are you trying to bring up "muh depression?" Everyone heres kinda an introvert, or was just overwhelmed by how much FM takes, not gonna lie. But depression?

Is he trying to gain our sympathy? Why would he need to do that if he was a power role and could just prove himself eventually? Its like hes drawing a road map for his potential scum.

Sorry for being brash but I just needed to bring it up.

-vote MartinGG99
    Not to mention Dallarian trying to rando someone (mr. Auwt) who "isn't here" at all. Haven't seen a post from him so I could kinda understand wanting to force him to talk...

Maybe just wait a few more hours to see if he speaks up? He could just be busy like I was.

In virtually the same breath, Gray votes Auwt, unvotes, votes Martin, and then chastises Dollorian for voting Auwt.

To sum up my read of the Marino situation, I ultimately do not think an inexperienced scum would be so over the top and out there. Rather, I think those pushing for his lynch currently are strawmanning some early game goofiness from Marino.

His discussion about his own qualms for playing FM seem sincere, but yes I agree the contribution does not help.

Also fun fact:
    Imagine 2 Mafias waking up and lynching instantly Martin right now for "reasonable" reasons, saying they read only part of thread and didn't see other votes.
    Because Martin is put on 3 votes right now, as far as I remember. If mafia haven't already voted him for his contribution into town play.

I also share this concern from Dollorian. @Grakylan do you not realize the gravity of your vote when you cast it, since in your second post with the disregarding of your Auwt vote you say you are basically screwing around initially to get info. So is this vote on Marino screwing around or trying to get real info?

On this point, I can't see Gray's vote in the vote list, and I can't see a post where he unvoted, except the post where he unvoted then voted Marino. Am I missing something?

44. ISO #144

Okay, fortunately, they can't do that. @Grakylan 's vote doesn't count, since it is in same post with "unvote". I find it a positive thing. (usually you should just vote Martin, and it would take your vote from Auwt automaticly), unless it's some way to bait me.
    Oh I missed that my question was answered.

So it seems Gray intended the vote and left but it wasn't applied.

45. ISO #145

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

For the record, since we are discussing our origin stories (Hyperion Cantos anyone?), I am from the Sc2 mafia mod as well. This is my fourth game playing, the other three were Third Line Butterfree, Insanity, and Nightless, if interested. I regularly stir up trouble in the sc2mafia discord server (and in the mod), but do not intend to do that here.

50. ISO #150

Considering everyone has been here since Zedus has arrived and posted, I thought about my reads a fair bit for everyone.

Town

Ash Lael: I think he's definitely town since he went (comparatively) tooth and nail to question me. Also given reads twice.

Town Lean

Dallarian + Awut: Both of these could have siezed the opportunity to vote me, (or even just pressure me for that matter), but didn't. Also explained the concept of avoiding hammer risks and that lynching ends day.

Null

Bakemir: I might put him on town lean. Primarily because he gave a read.

Helltanis: Most posts are related to the fact that he's new the FM.

Renegade: Im unsure about him. He has given some reads. He hasn't voted me, but in retrospect given the circumstance when he was active I'd say voting me tempoairly might've been more towny, given that only 4 people were there at the time. But who am I to say? It just might be a place/topic to enter endless WIFOM.

Scum Lean

Zedus: Provided, he hasn't posted much. But with his posts all he has done is socialize a tiny bit with no content, and just vote me with only 2 posts explaining why. Also, as I see it, he was implying that a no-lynch was better than any lynch at all. But I could be wrong given that he voted me.

Grakylan: Worse than Zedus in my opinion, only three posts. Also presumably tried to vote me. I don't like how he picks on my reference to depression & me in regards to my response to Ash's question as to what brings me to FM. I think this is completely unrelated to the game at hand. He also self admits being hasty in reading the thread...Is he not seriously considering or analyzing the discussions?

Scum