Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

2. ISO #202

Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I didn’t explain away the problem with "I don't see race." I made it a point that a lot of concepts brought up in the discussion commonly are at thier core, demoralizing, flawed and polarizing. Talking points that do not remedy the issue from doctors who do not want the patient to get well.

You literally just pointed out in your post before this that it was an economic issue or socioeconomic. That’s established. A 2009 poll showed Blacks make more on average than Hispanics, they make less than Whites who make less than Asians. In fact, this was a trend that Booker T. Washington recognized early on. He argued that sacrificing voting rights and submitting to racism in the short term, for education and Healthcare for Southern Blacks - would position the black community to be be able to finally push for a more comprehensive civil rights act. And they did. What is disingenuous is this trend of portraying civil rights as Black men in chains and then pivoting right up to MLK. If you want to make it about the past, there is far too much in between that's left forgotten. My argument is that overcoming these issues starts at the foundation of Black communities and the rhetoric that mainstream and social media uses to incorrectly portray the topic of race. Antiquated 'white vs X' does not work. It cannot work and it will not work. There is a difference between learning from our past and having an unhealthy obsession with it. It holds you back.

Give sauce on the fear statistic though please. <3
    I don't know about the fear statistic, but here's a couple of surprising ones: Americans (not just white Americans, also black Americans) are more likely to underestimate black people's pain: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0048546

This could partially explain why black people are less likely to receive pain medication than white people (medical bias and racism is an important topic that a lot of people forget about btw): https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...96064400700990

Black people are also more likely to be seen by white people as superhuman. This could partially explain the difference in use of force by police, as they view black people are more physically capable than they really are: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs...48550614553642

3. ISO #203

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    I don’t appreciate this slander and if you have something to say just say it lol.
    Do you still want to argue the points that ami brought up specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    that black people are stupid and violent.
    You've argued before these exact points. And then deflect with "higher iq =/= more moral" and shit like that.
    It's only slander if you aren't arguing or never argued those points. Do I need to go grab some quotes?

a) The US, as a whole, is not a racist country. This is evident as the US has arguably done more for racial harmony than most other countries.
    The US has a long way to go still to combat systemic racism. Yes it has made strides. But here a talented black man can get blacklisted from the NFL for protesting peacefully by kneeling during the national anthem. That's fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

4. ISO #204

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    It's anecdotal for sure (x race is scared/uncomfortable of y race). I've heard it from different people from different races. It's not unique to white people.
    My best friend's mom is terrified of black people and she is an illegal immigrant (Mexican.) Lol
    Thats why I wanted the sauce on it.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

5. ISO #205
    Ganelon

Lol oops thinking about it the last paragraph is actually kinda true, at least for me. I would definitely find e.g. a lanky black guy peculiar. For some reason the stereotype is that they’re stronger.

6. ISO #206

I’m sorry you have lol, I don’t mean to downplay that in any way, I just don’t think racism is as big of a problem as it’s usually made out to be.
    Then start listening. Like I said, you're so detached. You have no idea how things are like here, you just know what you've seen on shows like... Tucker Carlson, ew.

Secondly, given that the Mormon church is so influential in Utah, do you think that might account in part for your experience? I’m just saying, maybe it’s just Mormons.
    It's definitely not just mormons. Like I said, I live in the midwest, which usually has a reputation for being more "chill" about these things. In other parts of the country its far worse.

7. ISO #207
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Do you still want to argue the points that ami brought up specifically?

You've argued before these exact points. And then deflect with "higher iq =/= more moral" and shit like that.
    It's only slander if you aren't arguing or never argued those points. Do I need to go grab some quotes?

The US has a long way to go still to combat systemic racism. Yes it has made strides. But here a talented black man can get blacklisted from the NFL for protesting peacefully by kneeling during the national anthem. That's fucked up.
    Blame the study, not me. It was done fairly well too, so it’s tough to argue against. It is also an incredibly dangerous and difficult conversation to have because... well. lol

Id be happy to discuss anything else, apart from that, because that is one HUGE can of worms that really shouldn’t be opened.

8. ISO #208

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I don't know about the fear statistic, but here's a couple of surprising ones: Americans (not just white Americans, also black Americans) are more likely to underestimate black people's pain: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0048546

This could partially explain why black people are less likely to receive pain medication than white people (medical bias and racism is an important topic that a lot of people forget about btw): https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...96064400700990

Black people are also more likely to be seen by white people as superhuman. This could partially explain the difference in use of force by police, as they view black people are more physically capable than they really are: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs...48550614553642
    I personally can vouch for seeing black people as superhumans. Their skeletal muscle composition in comparison to everyone else is very superhuman.

9. ISO #209

Systemic Racism

What exactly is systemic racism to you?

10. ISO #210

Blame the study, not me. It was done fairly well too, so it’s tough to argue against. It is also an incredibly dangerous and difficult conversation to have because... well. lol

Id be happy to discuss anything else, apart from that, because that is one HUGE can of worms that really shouldn’t be opened.
    ...you were given sources pointing out the controversies surrounding the study.

Either way we don't have to get back into that again. But as you see, there's no slander here.

11. ISO #211

12. ISO #212

I was watching some YouTube channel (OxfordUnion??? idk something pretentious like that) and they talked specifically about systemic racism. The room is divided left and right with people that agree and disagree with the topic of the day, and they speak. Really great listen I'll try and find it.

13. ISO #213

14. ISO #214

sweaty nooo,,ur opening the cans why not open all of them
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

15. ISO #215

"To you", what's the point of this question? Do you disagree with systemic racism existing? Or are you just trying to quiz me here?
    I disagree with it yes. But I was curious what you thought of the concept and how it relates to a black man taking a knee.

16. ISO #216

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post

Those studies are bizarre but interesting. Much of this looks like general stereotypes.

17. ISO #217

I was watching some YouTube channel (OxfordUnion??? idk something pretentious like that) and they talked specifically about systemic racism. The room is divided left and right with people that agree and disagree with the topic of the day, and they speak. Really great listen I'll try and find it.
    I watched all of those yesterday incidentally. David Webb is fantastic.

18. ISO #218

19. ISO #219

20. ISO #220

21. ISO #221

22. ISO #222

Okay, so you're trying to quiz me lol.
    The cliché that I'm always up to somethings is greatly exaggerated.

I'm simply asking how you're tying the two together. Systemic Racism broadly explains away the shortcomings of communities of color and frames the world as against you at every level. It pushes you down. Systemic Racism is a boogie-man with no face because it is not tangible. Police brutality is tangible. Police brutality has a face. Thats my point.

Also he totally got a confidential settlement and is fine with it.

23. ISO #223

24. ISO #224

I'm simply asking how you're tying the two together. Systemic Racism broadly explains away the shortcomings of communities of color and frames the world as against you at every level. It pushes you down. Systemic Racism is a boogie-man with no face because it is not tangible. Police brutality is tangible. Police brutality has a face. Thats my point.

And in the same vein, what else is tangible? Black communities living impoverished paying taxes to public schools who get less than white schools is not an issue of white privilege or Systemic Racism. It is an issue of economics. It is an issue of black children growing up without a father. Hell, one of the best platforms that the BLM movement has is the desire to help children in these situations grow up with communal guidance. To find an alternative to the nuclear family because it has become more and more uncommon. This is another complicated issue, but people do not talk about it. People don't feel warrant or authority to talk about it. A child's failures are left up to this wistless idea that they were destined to fail. That is wrong, and its what we're teaching them.

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

Kaepernick was blackballed from the league for protesting systemic racism. Teams like my favorite team (the Steelers) played fucking "Duck" Hodges over taking a chance on Kaep. Fucking Duck Hodges. It was bad.

That would have not happened to a talented white player protesting "gun rights" or whatever.

27. ISO #227

Kaepernick was blackballed from the league for protesting systemic racism. Teams like my favorite team (the Steelers) played fucking "Duck" Hodges over taking a chance on Kaep. Fucking Duck Hodges. It was bad.

That would have not happened to a talented white player protesting "gun rights" or whatever.
    Protesting police brutality is fine. That is the name of the issue.

Your second example does not make sense, by the way. Perhaps you could phrase it, "would this happen to a talented white player protesting police brutality?"

28. ISO #228

Protesting police brutality is fine. That is the name of the issue.

Your second example does not make sense, by the way. Perhaps you could phrase it, "would this happen to a talented white player protesting police brutality?"
    Sure, if I wanted to ask a rhetorical question.

29. ISO #229

Personally I think it's more brand protection than systemic racism. When it comes to the commercial world it all comes down to protecting that $, hence why no other team took him on. I haven't read much into the situation so I won't pretend I am an expert, that's just my face value interpretation.

30. ISO #230

Sure, if I wanted to ask a rhetorical question.
    So you don't think the response from the NFL would be the same? I just dont see the point in comparing apples to oranges that don't exist in your question.

31. ISO #231

32. ISO #232

Personally I think it's more brand protection than systemic racism. When it comes to the commercial world it all comes down to protecting that $, hence why no other team took him on. I haven't read much into the situation so I won't pretend I am an expert, that's just my face value interpretation.
    This is exactly why he got a tasty confidential settlement. Similar things have happened in the NBA.

33. ISO #233

34. ISO #234

I do like that Pringles has stopped lurking and started playing btw
    rage quit rage quit rage quit!!

lol the settlement wasn't that tasty? less than 10 mil, split btwn another player, and heaps of lawyer fees(they take a fuckton) & the end of his career. dont football players make way more than that in a year? unless u have more tea sprinkles👀
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .

35. ISO #235

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    rage quit rage quit rage quit!!

lol the settlement wasn't that tasty? less than 10 mil, split btwn another player, and heaps of lawyer fees(they take a fuckton) & the end of his career. dont football players make way more than that in a year? unless u have more tea sprinkles
    If you're a star, yes. For example, Kaep, who was a star, signed a six-year contract extension with the 49ers, worth up to $126 million, including $54 million in potential guarantees, and $13 million fully guaranteed back in 2014. He didn't get all of that since he opted out of his contract in 2017 to become a free agent. But yeah, QB's make a lot if they are good.

36. ISO #236

I dunno. I thought it was really dumb people freaked out over him respectfully taking a knee, when people break the US Flag Code on the reg:

(d)The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.

(i)The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j)No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

😭

also football is dumb, can we bring back the gladiators

37. ISO #237

38. ISO #238

39. ISO #239

We are not friends anymore. You have crossed a line and said something you can't take back.
    Football is dumb. Whatever your sport that you incorrectly call football is dumber. Isn't it basically the pussy version of rugby?
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

40. ISO #240

41. ISO #241

42. ISO #242

I do like that Pringles has stopped lurking and started playing btw
    I'm at work moving everything into boxes because our office is moving. :P despite the fact that we will be working from home anyway.

43. ISO #243

44. ISO #244

We are not friends anymore. You have crossed a line and said something you can't take back.
    omg I'm one more friend loss from permaban nooOOIOKodhdbsnmsxn pls take it back im on thin ice

Also I'm wheezing at u posting SJ's avatars who are these ugly men I thought it was Walter white djdbsmsm

45. ISO #245
    Ganelon

Snooker and golf are best sports don’t change my mind

46. ISO #246

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    omg I'm one more friend loss from permaban nooOOIOKodhdbsnmsxn pls take it back im on thin ice

Also I'm wheezing at u posting SJ's avatars who are these ugly men I thought it was Walter white djdbsmsm
    Wow you have a poor taste in men.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

47. ISO #247

Unhappy Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Wow you have a poor taste in men.

i know............

i get roasted enough on this pls

48. ISO #248

49. ISO #249

50. ISO #250

Absolutely derailed.
    who are they!!!!!! blame banana

Members who have read this thread: 1