Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism - Page 28
Register

User Tag List

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 680
  1. #541

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Which is hilarious considering I donít really believe in any religion. I donít believe in the divinity of Jesus, I donít believe in the Christian God, I think the god that makes the most sense is theGos of Judaism and even him I donít believe in. Yet here I am defending religious principles.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  2. #542

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    God doesn't exist. I don't trust in something that doesn't exist.
    Also, I thought you rejected belief in God, not BELIEVED he didnít exist :P
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  3. #543

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    If he doesn’t exist, why even care then? lol
    Read my last post

    "In god we trust" as a motto and repeated everywhere reinforces the idea that this is a "christian nation". I hear that argument ALL THE TIME. "Gay marriage should be illegal, because this is a christian nation, founded by christian forefathers that trusted in god, and god says its bad".

    People say "I'll pray for you" to me all the time. You know what? I have no issue with that. In fact, I respond with "thank you". Same if they tell me "god bless you" (my Colombian relatives in particular do this a lot). I have no problem with that.

    But a motto is supposed to represent a nation as a whole. Yet this one doesn't represent me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  4. #544

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    No, divorce isnít immoral but itís definirely WRONG. You only have one life. How much time are you gonna waste with divorces? Thatís why you look HARD for the right person to make sure that divorce isnít necessary, and work with them through the relationship to make sure that differences are resolved peacefully and productively. You canít possibly have me look at someone who divorced and go, GEE WELL DONE, you did something with your life. Of course abuses happen and people have all the right to get a divorce then, but that doesnít change the fact that they wasted years of their lives with the wrong person. Nobody can give that time back to them; how do you make up for that time? What if you have kids? How are kids going to grow up with only one parent? Thereís literally a million issues with divorce.
    This is absolutely disgusting lol. I'm moving out of this discussion.

  5. #545

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    You realize Mormonism is very different from other strands of Christianity right? Itís sometimes not even seen as being Christian due to some very significant theological and cultural differences.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  6. #546

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    This is absolutely disgusting lol. I'm moving out of this discussion.
    Would you say we should all get divorces then?
    I know what youíll say, that I demonized the victim. Iím not. I think itís deplorable these things happen. That doesnít make divorce GOOD. It makes it the lesser of two evils.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  7. #547

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    You realize Mormonism is very different from other strands of Christianity right? It’s sometimes not even seen as being Christian due to some very significant theological and cultural differences.
    You're avoiding the meat of my argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  8. #548

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Read my last post

    "In god we trust" as a motto and repeated everywhere reinforces the idea that this is a "christian nation". I hear that argument ALL THE TIME. "Gay marriage should be illegal, because this is a christian nation, founded by christian forefathers that trusted in god, and god says its bad".

    People say "I'll pray for you" to me all the time. You know what? I have no issue with that. In fact, I respond with "thank you". Same if they tell me "god bless you" (my Colombian relatives in particular do this a lot). I have no problem with that.

    But a motto is supposed to represent a nation as a whole. Yet this one doesn't represent me.
    Religion does have it flaws. I think there is nothing wrong with gay marriage or with being gay. I didnít argue it doesnít have it flaws. It, like most things, does have its flaws. One cannot deny that it is fundamentally, misguided as though it may be at times, a force for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  9. #549

  10. #550

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Religion does have it flaws. I think there is nothing wrong with gay marriage or with being gay. I didn’t argue it doesn’t have it flaws. It, like most things, does have its flaws. One cannot deny that it is fundamentally, misguided as though it may be at times, a force for good.
    Stop ignoring my points by addressing something else. The motto is horrible because people use it to justify forcing their beliefs on others. Good and bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  11. #551

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Well, I think that is the right attitude to have. I donít believe and I donít pray... I havenít been to church in over a decade. If someone tried to pray for me , depending on how they phrased and the context I would probably feel a bit cringe but also somewhat touched that they did that. It depends. Far too many people use God as an excuse for failure/to appear empathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  12. #552

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Right, as much as he claims to not be religious, his viewpoints are definitely heavily influenced by it.
    They are, yes. I probably shouldíve been clear about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  13. #553

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Engaging with you literally like chasing a chicken man. I say "the motto is bad because the religious use it to justify restricting freedoms of people different from them", you respond with "yeah religion is flawed" and ignore the point. I say "look what is being done in my state by the very religious, using those exact justifications", you respond with "mormonism isn't even christianity", even though you claim you aren't defending christianity, or any one religion, and aren't very religious even. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  14. #554

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Stop ignoring my points by addressing something else. The motto is horrible because people use it to justify forcing their beliefs on others. Good and bad.
    I think youíre using a skewed dataset though. I have friends who believe in a higher power like I do and are also not religious, and they definitely wouldnít support outlawing gay marriage. It could be that these people are interpreting the slogan as support for the idea that the US is a Christian nation. I think theyíre wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  15. #555

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Engaging with you literally like chasing a chicken man. I say "the motto is bad because the religious use it to justify restricting freedoms of people different from them", you respond with "yeah religion is flawed" and ignore the point. I say "look what is being done in my state by the very religious, using those exact justifications", you respond with "mormonism isn't even christianity", even though you claim you aren't defending christianity, or any one religion, and aren't very religious even. lol
    I am mostly defending Christianity because I think the Christian moral value system is good. Were it any other religion, apart from a few that I donít agree with it, I would also be defending them.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  16. #556

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Part of the reason Iím defending Christianity is because thatís the one that is being attacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  17. #557

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Anyway, I went out with a guy here in the Netherlands who believed that Theocracy was the best form of government. I felt somewhat strange talking to him but he was very respectful. I find it bizarre that such people still exist, but hey. They do apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  18. #558

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Anyway I grew up in a country that purported to be secular but uh... my dad baptized me because itís very difficult where Iím from to do anything if youíre not baptized. You canít even get buried.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  19. #559

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    I’m not resentful or anything over that, but I’m just saying. I grew up in a very religious country and even there, nobody really gave a shit what your religion was. We even have a Protestant President now. Nobody actually gives a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  20. #560

    Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    I think you’re using a skewed dataset though. I have friends who believe in a higher power like I do and are also not religious, and they definitely wouldn’t support outlawing gay marriage. It could be that these people are interpreting the slogan as support for the idea that the US is a Christian nation. I think they’re wrong.
    Yes, my state is one of the most religious in the country. No, that does not mean that this hasn't been a problem, especially a very recent problem. In June of 2013, just 7 years ago, only 12/50 states allowed gay marriage. This is after years, and years, and years of work and fighting for the right to marry. And the religious don't want to let it go. They want the Supreme Court to overturn its decision from 5 years ago, and even now, just this month LGBTQ individuals are still fighting for their rights. Religious oppression (as in oppressing the nonreligious / people that believe differently) is still a very real problem here.
    Last edited by BananaCucho; June 29th, 2020 at 02:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •