Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1
    Ganelon

Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

Aka libertarianism vs conservatism.
    A study I recently read made two claims:
    a) Social conservatism is linked to lower IQ
    b) Disgust sensitivity strongly linked to social conservatism

This study said that this does not apply to ‘economic liberals’, who tend to vote for ostensibly conservative parties (like the Republican Party). I want to go further and argue that this means that economic liberals and conservatives have very little in common, and I have a very strong feeling the media has been trying to paint ALL right wingers as being conservative (and also racist nazis).

I actually watch Tucker Carlson a lot and he has been attacked for ‘white nationalism’ even though the guy literally denounces racism every. fucking. minute. I really think this is indicative of the far left being very influential in our society. When being right wing is equated with being a racist, there is a HUGE problem in society. I don’t go around claiming all left wingers are communists...

I absolutely hate how they’re tying to make decent right-wing liberals hate their own views and trying to insinuate that they may be racist. For the longest time I actually had a huge problem with my own political views because I didn’t fully understand them. I’m not a typical conservative but I am definitely not left wing, and at the same time I’m not some kind of Nazi, and never have been. I found it extremely problematic to explain my views even to myself as I’m very liberal but also very hard-right when it comes to economic issues, and I’m sympathetic to religion (although I’m not religious myself, and I don’t like bigots - I grew up in a religiously bigoted country, and let me tell you it’s no picnic man).

Anyways, after having read that study I can no longer believe that right wing = conservative. Especially seeing as many left wingers were socially conservative (take a look at Che Guevara, or Stalin). Also, I remember reading that PC-authoritarians (basically people who try to stifle freedom of speech in the name of ‘equality’) are high in orderliness, which is linked to conservatism - far left ideologues as well as far right ideologues are actually conservative.

I just want to say, I think this culture of painting right wingers as nazis (more precisely, I think it has to do with economic liberalism) needs to stop because it is incredibly dangerous. I find the move GitHub has made to change the master/slave branches an example of this; they LITERALY have nothing to do with racism, and trying to find racist undertones in everything isn’t not only counterproductive but I actually believe it to be immoral as well. Claiming that the West is a fundamentally racist civilization is not only absurd, it is immoral. We are LITERALLY the least racist society on the planet. And the left should really move back towards the center and worry about the poor, and stop pushing this absurd the-West-is-evil narrative.

2. ISO #2
    Ganelon

Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

Anyways this is a bit of a rant but my question is:
    What do you feel about the idea that right-wing liberalism has nothing to do with conservatism?
    A second question is, why is the media trying to paint right wingers as immoral nazis?

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Claiming that the West is a fundamentally racist civilization is not only absurd, it is immoral. We are LITERALLY the least racist society on the planet. And the left should really move back towards the center and worry about the poor, and stop pushing this absurd the-West-is-evil narrative.
    I take issue with this because I don't think there are people that claim that Western civilization is worse than any other, outside of fringe extremists. Obviously there are societies with far worse problems, like China with racism and many parts of the Arab world for sexism. The reason people focus on western society is because that's where the people that you pay attention to live. Do other societies have more to improve on? Absolutely. But what can I do about it? Basically nothing.

What do you feel about the idea that right-wing liberalism has nothing to do with conservatism?
    A second question is, why is the media trying to paint right wingers as immoral nazis?
    Despite your post where you try to separate conservatism from right-wing ideologies, you're still falling for the American-centric view of left vs right. You say "the left" should really move back towards the center and worry about the poor, which makes very little sense because the left is more concerned with economic equality than centrists. I wonder how much you actually understand these terms and the ideas of the left when you say stuff like this. In fact, I see race issues as being largely outside of the scope of left/right.

I agree that right-wing liberalism has very little to do with conservatism. In the US, however, both have been consolidated into support for Republicans, which are a right-wing, authoritarian, conservative party. The media is hardly trying to paint right-wingers as immoral Nazis, after all, Fox News is the most watched news network in the US by almost double, and I doubt they paint right-wingers as Nazis. In a comparison to the Nazi party, you find a lot of people in the US who disagree with the conservative Republican rhetoric who like the Republicans for economic reasons. Just like how, in the rise of the Nazi party, a lot of their support were from lower-middle class people such as teachers and farmers who didn't care as much about their social policy but supported them for economic reasons. In hindsight, does that give them a pass?

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Libertarians are socially liberal, right? Meaning pro gay marriage and such? Feel free to educate me or correct me here. I can respect libertarians. We can disagree on things like the economy and thats okay. No problem.

As far a right wingers being painted as immoral nazis though. I mean, every white supremacist or neo nazi group is a far right conservative group. So while not all right wingers are going to fall into those categories obviously, theres a lot of common ground there. And if you defend the actions of such groups due to common ideals, its not a good look.

Take the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville a few years back. This rally was literally organized by white supremacist, white nationalist, and neo nazi groups. People in the rally were literally carrying flags or wearing clothes with swastikas and other nazi symbols.

Its simple. Don't want to be associated with nazis or white nationalists or white supremacists? Reject them. But like actually reject them. Trump declared of this rally that there were "good people" at the rally on both sides. When a "good person" would a) not support, attend, or DEFEND a rally organized by white supremacists, or b) if they didnt realize that the rally was organized by these groups, once they see the symbols and hear the chants they turn around and go home. How can you reject nazis but stand side by side with them and chant what they chant?

Actions speak louder than words. Saying "I reject white supremecy" means nothing if you then defend a white supremacist rally. This is just one example of course. There'a no painting needed here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

6. ISO #6
    Ganelon

The thing is, those neo nazis are in the minority. Looking at the media you’d honestly get the feeling that everyone who is right wing is a nazi. People say that Niger Farage is a Nazi, and honestly until I actually checked him out I thought he was one too. He explicitly condemns nazis and commented in the Charlottesville incident by saying that he thought it was unbelievable Nazi salutes were happening in America; he also specifically stated he didn’t agree with Trump’s stance on immigration from Muslim countries, and feels that its okay to accept Muslim immigrants so long as they’re not extremist. He is no Nazi and yet he is touted as some huge racist...

I think Trump has the same problem. He actually did specifically condemn white nationalists at Charlottesville, and clarified that he was referring to the people who didn’t want Robert E Lee statues torn down. Personally I actually agree with him but that’s beside the point: he specifically condemned them.

And, everywhere I look if you don’t agree with the media or with hard left stances like white privilege and affirmative action, you’re instantly attacked and labeled a racist/xenophobe/white nationalist. Honestly that term has lost its meaning.

My point is, the direction we are heading towards us worrisome. Sorry if my tone is a little extreme at times, I honestly am a bit of a bitch and I kind of enjoy being somewhat trolly, so that’s kinda why I’m so aggressive with these matters lol.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Why are you all having the same arguements but starting at different points of the arguement.

Can we just skip a couple of chapters like nation health a good idea and stuff?
    yes... pls can we tax the rich billionnaires just a little . I just want them to pay taxes too... I love Bill Gates he's such a GOOD PERSON for GIVING all that money FOR FREE but pls I just want him to pay his taxes... Why is this so hard DX

And maybe fine them of all of their wealth for tax-evading their entire lives, selling out our country's economies to hire slaves abroad and spitting in the face of society? :3

Oh wait hold on they released a statement declaring racism is bad awwh wow they're so kind and brave nvm then I guess..
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

8. ISO #8
    Ganelon

Why are you all having the same arguements but starting at different points of the arguement.

Can we just skip a couple of chapters like nation health a good idea and stuff?
    What do you mean?
    Are you talking about health care? That’s an important discussion to have and I do support health care to some extent although I don’t think we should spend too much on it. I am not rich but I can’t see my good health being a right I am entitled to. I do think having a minimal public health care system is useful, but only to eliminate inequality for those who REALLY can’t afford private health insurance (e.g. those who explicitly cannot work for whatever reason).

9. ISO #9
    Ganelon

Honestly corporative malpractice is something I cannot really discuss because I don’t know enough about it, although my suspicion is that it’s exaggerated.

10. ISO #10
    Ganelon

There are some worrisome corporations out there, like Google. Or Facebook. Something needs to be done about the flow of information lol because it’s honestly not going in the right direction at all. Kind of ironic that a major corporation would essentially become a nexus of extremism and authoritarianism, but, weirder things have happened.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12
    Ganelon

It actually makes me think monopolies can be dangerous, although I suppose it depends on a case by case basis. The worst thing really is that they have a near monopoly on information, which is absolutely deplorable, it’s against free speech. I’m somewhat surprised they’ve lasted this long.

13. ISO #13
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Ideological warfare needs to end and class warfare needs to begin.
    American Revolution hype 2020
    Workers of the world unite

14. ISO #14
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I take issue with this because I don't think there are people that claim that Western civilization is worse than any other, outside of fringe extremists. Obviously there are societies with far worse problems, like China with racism and many parts of the Arab world for sexism. The reason people focus on western society is because that's where the people that you pay attention to live. Do other societies have more to improve on? Absolutely. But what can I do about it? Basically nothing.

Despite your post where you try to separate conservatism from right-wing ideologies, you're still falling for the American-centric view of left vs right. You say "the left" should really move back towards the center and worry about the poor, which makes very little sense because the left is more concerned with economic equality than centrists. I wonder how much you actually understand these terms and the ideas of the left when you say stuff like this. In fact, I see race issues as being largely outside of the scope of left/right.

I agree that right-wing liberalism has very little to do with conservatism. In the US, however, both have been consolidated into support for Republicans, which are a right-wing, authoritarian, conservative party. The media is hardly trying to paint right-wingers as immoral Nazis, after all, Fox News is the most watched news network in the US by almost double, and I doubt they paint right-wingers as Nazis. In a comparison to the Nazi party, you find a lot of people in the US who disagree with the conservative Republican rhetoric who like the Republicans for economic reasons. Just like how, in the rise of the Nazi party, a lot of their support were from lower-middle class people such as teachers and farmers who didn't care as much about their social policy but supported them for economic reasons. In hindsight, does that give them a pass?
    I just find the politics that are being played right now worrisome. Maybe they are not on the left or their primary, defining characteristic isn’t their position on the left-right spectrum, but most of the people they’re attacking tend to be on the right (usually moderate right, too; nobody attacks the actual far right because nobody cares about them, they actually are extremists lol).

Like, it’s mostly people on the right or people sympathetic to issues advanced by the right that are attacked. That leads me to think that the people doing the attacking are on the left (the RADICAL left, because they otherwise wouldn’t be painting right wingers as nazis).

15. ISO #15
    Ganelon

If you want another example, many in the US have lost their jobs for criticizing BLM. This is something the right has had an issue with for years now; that’s why I think it’s an attack on the right.

16. ISO #16
    Ganelon

Sadly I feel that many of the people doing the attacking don’t really know what they’re doing and are probably thinking they’re doing the right thing lol. Doesn’t take much to indoctrinate someone who is young.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18
    Ganelon

It’s just, I don’t know maybe I’m just too paranoid, but don’t you guys feel like there is a legitimate issue with how the moderate right is being attacked now, and specially how the West is being attacked? This white guilt narrative is a huge part of that. The idea that the west is a patriarchy is one, too.

19. ISO #19

I don't want a communist state, I just don't want the rich having such a disproportionate amount of wealth compared to the majority. That is wealth in all forms - money, power, influence, opportunities. The game is glaringly rigged against the majority and attention is always being focused elsewhere, usually towards the ideological conflicts. Both "sides" are guilty of this.

20. ISO #20
    Ganelon

And that's why a national living wage is a good idea.
    I’m not sure what that solves.
    This will be a very insensitive thing to say, (remember I’m not rich by any stretch of the imagination, I’m actually rather poor rn), but: I don’t think that people who don’t know what to do with money should be give any money. Free healthcare, schooling etc is a good idea, but only up to s point. I don’t think having a minimum wage is a good idea.

21. ISO #21

It’s just, I don’t know maybe I’m just too paranoid, but don’t you guys feel like there is a legitimate issue with how the moderate right is being attacked now, and specially how the West is being attacked? This white guilt narrative is a huge part of that. The idea that the west is a patriarchy is one, too.
    We don't have that feeling because we don't watch Fox News lmao. They're a partisan hack network bent on convincing their viewers that the "other side" hates them and wants to destroy their way of life. They're constantly caught twisting what people say and do, editing pictures and outright lying. MSNBC and CNN are the same except more PC.
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

22. ISO #22
    Ganelon

I don't want a communist state, I just don't want the rich having such a disproportionate amount of wealth compared to the majority. That is wealth in all forms - money, power, influence, opportunities. The game is glaringly rigged against the majority and attention is always being focused elsewhere, usually towards the ideological conflicts. Both "sides" are guilty of this.
    That’s indeed an issue: relative inequality is actually related to crime. This is I believe mostly an issue in the US, although I’m not certain why. If you look at other high income countries like the Scandinavian countries, they don’t really have this issue of inequality, although it’s developing into a problem as well due to the number of immigrants from less well off countries they are taking in.

i actually think that regulating immigration for a while until things stabilize again is a good idea, although I’m not sure what else might be done about it. I suppose that having things like free healthcare (up to a point), would help. The real issue is that America is a highly competitive place, and even though there’s plenty of work to be had for the less well off, with high pay, too, it’s not that simple. The relative differences matter a lot.

23. ISO #23
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    We don't have that feeling because we don't watch Fox News lmao. They're a partisan hack network bent on convincing their viewers that the "other side" hates them and wants to destroy their way of life. They're constantly caught twisting what people say and do, editing pictures and outright lying. MSNBC and CNN are the same except more PC.
    Maybe, but it’s not just Fox News here a lol. I’d have to assume that MANY people are lying about what’s happening and I can’t imagine that being the case. It would be extremely complicated; there’s multiple people who feel the same way as I do, and the majority aren’t public figures, or, at least, they’re heavily discredited.

24. ISO #24

I’m not sure what that solves.
    This will be a very insensitive thing to say, (remember I’m not rich by any stretch of the imagination, I’m actually rather poor rn), but: I don’t think that people who don’t know what to do with money should be give any money. Free healthcare, schooling etc is a good idea, but only up to s point. I don’t think having a minimum wage is a good idea.
    Yeah and you think those people getting billions know what the hell to do with that either? The government and the mega-wealthy are always pedalling the notion that they know best, when time and time again they've demonstrated they do not. Some people may spend some of their wage on narcotics and shit, but they would still overall spend that money better than some massive institution actively funding political propaganda or toppling foreign regimes.

25. ISO #25
    Ganelon

Canada has provinces with low income and low inequality, and the crime rate is very low there.

26. ISO #26
    Ganelon

Yeah and you think those people getting billions know what the hell to do with that either? The government and the mega-wealthy are always pedalling the notion that they know best, when time and time again they've demonstrated they do not. Some people may spend some of their wage on narcotics and shit, but they would still overall spend that money better than some massive institution actively funding political propaganda or toppling foreign regimes.
    They probably do for the most part, yes, although I cannot attest to that. Which companies and how many actually do the things you’ve accused them of?

27. ISO #27

I’d have to assume that MANY people are lying about what’s happening and I can’t imagine that being the case. It would be extremely complicated;
    It's not. The individual disseminators of information overlook the misinformation or logic jumps they're spreading because they still believe their ideology is correct as a whole and assume others in their ideology are telling the truth. The vast majority of consumers of the disinformation do not need to be involved in any misinformation, they're just passing on what they heard. This is how massive groups of people espousing comically wrong statements come to fruition.

Has Fox News ever shown you actual polling data of how many people think "The West is evil" or "The West is White Supremacist"? Of course not.
    Last edited by yzb25; June 22nd, 2020 at 04:19 AM. Reason: typo

28. ISO #28

They probably do for the most part, yes, although I cannot attest to that. Which companies and how many actually do the things you’ve accused them of?
    The toppling foreign regimes was about the government, though the defense industry and oil industry indirectly contribute to that through lobbying. When I said "political propaganda" I was specifically thinking of all the propaganda the Koch Brothers funds discrediting climate change. Though more broadly anyone who pours lots of money into mainstream media company's pockets through ad revenue is contributing "political propaganda". Mainstream media outlets are incentivized not to question economic power due to the source of their ad revenue.

Just look out how soft all the left wing media outlets were on Michael Bloomberg, a racist, sexist oligarch who fundamentally opposes everything anyone remotely left wing stands for. They gave him a total free pass because he put 10s of millions into their pockets by paying for his political ads.
    Last edited by yzb25; June 22nd, 2020 at 04:21 AM. Reason: typos

29. ISO #29

Regulating immigration where? In Australia it is very bloody vital that we have immigration lol. Because of coronavirus, the loss of international students is set to blow a $30b-$60b hole in the economy and that's just foreign students. We have millions of empty homes that immigrants can get the cash flow rolling on.

30. ISO #30

The toppling foreign regimes was about the government, though the defense industry and oil industry indirectly contribute to that through lobbying. When I said "political propaganda" I was specifically thinking of all the propaganda the Koch Brothers funds discrediting climate change. Though more broadly anyone who pours lots of money into mainstream media company's pockets through ad revenue is contributing "political propaganda". Mainstream media outlets are incentivized not to question their economic power due to the source of their ad revenue.

Just look out how soft all the left wing media outlets were on Michael Bloomberg, a racist, sexist oligarch who fundamentally opposes everything anyone remotely left wing stands for. They gave him a total free pass because he was 10s of millions into their pockets by paying for his political ads.
    I mean it's not only right-wing outlets funding political propaganda. That's just my bias showing. I oppose left wing billionnaires funding ads raising awareness for climate change. I just don't want oligarchs controlling our discourse lol

31. ISO #31
    Ganelon

My real issue to give you an example of what I’m talking about is the idea that white people should feel responsible for slavery - in and of itself, an okay idea but then you get into the issue of blaming ALL white people for something that happened ages back and that most had nothing to do with. I think this is a form of class war disguised as race war, because the ‘oppressed’in this new narrative are ethnic minorities with low average income. You almost never see the media talking about Asians for instance, nor about Jews, even though a) they were LITERALLY massacred not even a century ago and b) it’s mostly whites who did that, and Antisemitism was extremely popular in the west until the Second World War.

32. ISO #32

My real issue to give you an example of what I’m talking about is the idea that white people should feel responsible for slavery - in and of itself, an okay idea but then you get into the issue of blaming ALL white people for something that happened ages back and that most had nothing to do with. I think this is a form of class war disguised as race war, because the ‘oppressed’in this new narrative are ethnic minorities with low average income. You almost never see the media talking about Asians for instance, nor about Jews, even though a) they were LITERALLY massacred not even a century ago and b) it’s mostly whites who did that, and Antisemitism was extremely popular in the west until the Second World War.
    bro how many left wing people "blame white people for slavery". How many left wing people have you spoken to on here or in real life who actually think that? How many white people do you think would tick yes if polled on the question "do you blame yourself for the atlantic slave trade?"

33. ISO #33
    Ganelon

It's not. The individual disseminators of information overlook the misinformation or logic jumps they're spreading because they still believe their ideology is correct as a whole and assume others in their ideology are telling the truth. The vast majority of consumers of the disinformation do not need to be involved in any misinformation, they're just passing on what they heard. This is how massive groups of being espousing comically wrong statements come to fruition.

Has Fox News ever shown you actual polling data of how many people think "The West is evil" or "The West is White Supremacist"? Of course not.
    The overwhelming majority of people, I suspect, feel as I do. There’s a reason Fox News and conservative out lets tend to have high likes on YT, for instance, compared to CNN, say.

And it’s not like this data is based solely off of FoxNews either: look at what GitHub is doing. Look at what Harvard is doing, look at what Cambridge is doing; look at what the various companies in the game industry are doing right now. Look at the comments political leaders in America (many of them Republican, many of them Democrat) are making on the George Floyd protests/riots. Look at how people are getting banned for not being left. Look at how Twitter is trying to censor Trump. Look at how coronavirus videos criticizing the lockdown are being taken down from YouTube. Look at how Trump’s rallies are attacked as ‘immoral’ because they endanger public safety, when the riots were actually given the geeen light by health experts because apparently racial inequality is a huge health risk.

Look at how in Canada a prominent professor went to a University to talk about free speech and was attacked by a mob of mindless students who proceeded to call him a ‘transphobic piece of shit’.

Its really not just Fox News lol.

34. ISO #34
    Ganelon

bro how many left wing people "blame white people for slavery". How many left wing people have you spoken to on here or in real life who actually think that? How many white people do you think would tick yes if polled on the question "do you blame yourself for the atlantic slave trade?"
    I don’t know, but that is what is being pushed right now lol.
    Look at Wolfenstein the New Colossus. It is one of the most woke games I’ve ever seen in my life. America is literally run by the KKK in that game and the only rebels you meet are the Black Panthers and the communists, and they literally say white American joined in with the nazis... and just look how white Americans in that game are okay with things as they are and they’re very sympathetic to the Nazi regime, with many preparing to learn German.

One of the characters literally says, ‘come and get me you white ass fascist Nazi pigs’.
    I’ll actually ask you to try an experiment: say that you’re a Bernie supporter in some WhatsApp group chat, and then try to say that you’re actually a Trump supporter. And compare the reactions.
    Ibe actually done the latter and IRL I always claim to be neutral when it comes to politics because many people don’t like my views - which is fine but they take it to the extreme lol. Trust me, don’t say you’re a trump supporter if you don’t want some negative reactions from people.

35. ISO #35
    Ganelon

I’ve actually had a number of people talk about white privilege, someone in a WhatsApp chat (a friend of mine) got kicked over something related to that. Many people defended him but a lot just wanted to kick for no reason.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37
    Ganelon

That's unfair. We all know what Canadians are like.
    Okay, true that.
    More seriously I feel that inequality is really what drives the crime rate up

38. ISO #38

The overwhelming majority of people, I suspect, feel as I do. There’s a reason Fox News and conservative out lets tend to have high likes on YT, for instance, compared to CNN, say.

And it’s not like this data is based solely off of FoxNews either: look at what GitHub is doing. Look at what Harvard is doing, look at what Cambridge is doing; look at what the various companies in the game industry are doing right now. Look at the comments political leaders in America (many of them Republican, many of them Democrat) are making on the George Floyd protests/riots. Look at how people are getting banned for not being left. Look at how Twitter is trying to censor Trump. Look at how coronavirus videos criticizing the lockdown are being taken down from YouTube. Look at how Trump’s rallies are attacked as ‘immoral’ because they endanger public safety, when the riots were actually given the geeen light by health experts because apparently racial inequality is a huge health risk.

Look at how in Canada a prominent professor went to a University to talk about free speech and was attacked by a mob of mindless students who proceeded to call him a ‘transphobic piece of shit’.

Its really not just Fox News lol.
    Dude these companies literally do whatever they need to satisfy the twitter mob of the day. Some right wing outlet published a video showing some CNN figure claiming to be a democratic socialist. The guy got fired within days. Some lady missing an arm got kicked off the BBC because parents were complaining she "was scaring their children". in the US, you could legally fire someone for being LGBTQ+ until very recently. The outlets you see concentrate on the cases that suit your ideology.

Also, you can't use the likes on a youtube video to measure the cultural zeitgeist. The like/dislike suffers from a massive selection bias. Right wing people are happy with Fox News' content. No self-respecting leftist (or anyone) is happy with the bullshit CNN is pedalling. All of CNN's political videos get heavily disliked, irrespective of whether they're about economics or ideology, afaik.

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40
    Ganelon

Why would they need to satisfy the mob of the day if the mob of the day weren’t in favour of their views?
    And I don’t think they are. I think the silent majority doesn’t care about the BS that’s being pushed rn.

41. ISO #41

To be clear I'm not trying to say "SJW"s don't exist". I'm saying they are a tiny minority of people with very little actual power and the sway they seem to hold over companies amounts to detatched companies pandering to whatever mob they see for PR. When "woke movies" or "woke video games" are made, it's meaningless symbolism that your outlets convince you is part of a grand cultural takeover rather than companies being goofy.

42. ISO #42

The perception of them is many times greater than their actual size. Everyone has seen that clip of the red-haired feminist woman from a few years back being super rude on camera. That means lots of people have now had an "SJW experience" even though only one SJW is behind that moment.

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

Why would they need to satisfy the mob of the day if the mob of the day weren’t in favour of their views?
    And I don’t think they are. I think the silent majority doesn’t care about the BS that’s being pushed rn.
    PR is extremely important.

45. ISO #45
    Ganelon

Vox is cringe but this piece on Tucker Carlson sums up the wool pulling over the eyes the media does. This tactic isn't exclusive to Tucker or FOX. Better for them that we are mad at each other or just generally ignorant to the pressing matters.
    I have to admit that video looks pretty good.

46. ISO #46
    Ganelon

To be clear I'm not trying to say "SJW"s don't exist". I'm saying they are a tiny minority of people with very little actual power and the sway they seem to hold over companies amounts to detatched companies pandering to whatever mob they see for PR. When "woke movies" or "woke video games" are made, it's meaningless symbolism that your outlets convince you is part of a grand cultural takeover rather than companies being goofy.
    They are a minority all right, but I do think they’re very influential...

47. ISO #47

They are a minority all right, but I do think they’re very influential...
    What tangible policies have these 19yo dyed-hair college kids managed to pass? Don't you dare mention that Canadian pronoun law :P

48. ISO #48
    Ganelon

What tangible policies have these 19yo dyed-hair college kids managed to pass? Don't you dare mention that Canadian pronoun law :P
    I kinda wanted to stay away from that but yeah that’s what was done.
    Don’t forget the Kathy Newman interview.

49. ISO #49

The Canada pronoun law hit the country hard. I remember the one time I was going to Tim Hortons with my buddy, and they only added one cream instead of two to his coffee. Dude started bitching about it, and without thinking, I said "dude stop being such a wom-". Before I could even get the word out, the Pronoun Police had stopped right next to me and withdrew their guns, and screamed at me to get on the ground for misgendering someone who had clearly identified themselves as he/him as per the new mandatory pronoun name tags. Obviously, misgendering someone carries a penalty of immediate summary execution, so I started praying (to a non-denominational god, of course, as all deities except for Allah had been banned 2 years prior). Then, out of nowhere, both cops got run over by a mystery car. The door opened, and it was none other than Jordan Peterson, come to personally save me from tyranny. He told me to hop in and offered me a Xanax, then we drove off into the sunset to go trigger more college students.

50. ISO #50
    Ganelon

Lmao that is going in my signature

Members who have read this thread: 1