Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

To be clear I'm not trying to say "SJW"s don't exist". I'm saying they are a tiny minority of people with very little actual power and the sway they seem to hold over companies amounts to detatched companies pandering to whatever mob they see for PR. When "woke movies" or "woke video games" are made, it's meaningless symbolism that your outlets convince you is part of a grand cultural takeover rather than companies being goofy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

The perception of them is many times greater than their actual size. Everyone has seen that clip of the red-haired feminist woman from a few years back being super rude on camera. That means lots of people have now had an "SJW experience" even though only one SJW is behind that moment.
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Why would they need to satisfy the mob of the day if the mob of the day werenít in favour of their views?
    And I donít think they are. I think the silent majority doesnít care about the BS thatís being pushed rn.
    PR is extremely important.

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Vox is cringe but this piece on Tucker Carlson sums up the wool pulling over the eyes the media does. This tactic isn't exclusive to Tucker or FOX. Better for them that we are mad at each other or just generally ignorant to the pressing matters.
    I have to admit that video looks pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    To be clear I'm not trying to say "SJW"s don't exist". I'm saying they are a tiny minority of people with very little actual power and the sway they seem to hold over companies amounts to detatched companies pandering to whatever mob they see for PR. When "woke movies" or "woke video games" are made, it's meaningless symbolism that your outlets convince you is part of a grand cultural takeover rather than companies being goofy.
    They are a minority all right, but I do think theyíre very influential...
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

They are a minority all right, but I do think theyíre very influential...
    What tangible policies have these 19yo dyed-hair college kids managed to pass? Don't you dare mention that Canadian pronoun law :P

What tangible policies have these 19yo dyed-hair college kids managed to pass? Don't you dare mention that Canadian pronoun law :P
    I kinda wanted to stay away from that but yeah thatís what was done.
    Donít forget the Kathy Newman interview.

The Canada pronoun law hit the country hard. I remember the one time I was going to Tim Hortons with my buddy, and they only added one cream instead of two to his coffee. Dude started bitching about it, and without thinking, I said "dude stop being such a wom-". Before I could even get the word out, the Pronoun Police had stopped right next to me and withdrew their guns, and screamed at me to get on the ground for misgendering someone who had clearly identified themselves as he/him as per the new mandatory pronoun name tags. Obviously, misgendering someone carries a penalty of immediate summary execution, so I started praying (to a non-denominational god, of course, as all deities except for Allah had been banned 2 years prior). Then, out of nowhere, both cops got run over by a mystery car. The door opened, and it was none other than Jordan Peterson, come to personally save me from tyranny. He told me to hop in and offered me a Xanax, then we drove off into the sunset to go trigger more college students.

Iím not sure what that solves.
    This will be a very insensitive thing to say, (remember Iím not rich by any stretch of the imagination, Iím actually rather poor rn), but: I donít think that people who donít know what to do with money should be give any money. Free healthcare, schooling etc is a good idea, but only up to s point. I donít think having a minimum wage is a good idea.
    Jebus. Christ.

Poor people deserve to be poor because they don't know how to handle money. Yes I'm not shocked at all you only watch Cucker Carlson.

So basically, Ganelon is in panic mode because of a handful of anecdotes and instances of ***THE LEFT*** doing things like change master/slave, putting a warning on Trump's manipulated media tweets, calling out Trump and others for saying "good people on both sides" - re: Charlottesville. This panic is brought on by Fox News consumption, which is doing exactly what it was intended and designed to do.

What exactly are you scared of? Being fired for being a racist?

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    The Canada pronoun law hit the country hard. I remember the one time I was going to Tim Hortons with my buddy, and they only added one cream instead of two to his coffee. Dude started bitching about it, and without thinking, I said "dude stop being such a wom-". Before I could even get the word out, the Pronoun Police had stopped right next to me and withdrew their guns, and screamed at me to get on the ground for misgendering someone who had clearly identified themselves as he/him as per the new mandatory pronoun name tags. Obviously, misgendering someone carries a penalty of immediate summary execution, so I started praying (to a non-denominational god, of course, as all deities except for Allah had been banned 2 years prior). Then, out of nowhere, both cops got run over by a mystery car. The door opened, and it was none other than Jordan Peterson, come to personally save me from tyranny. He told me to hop in and offered me a Xanax, then we drove off into the sunset to go trigger more college students.
    HAHAHAHAHAH

The thing is, those neo nazis are in the minority. Looking at the media youíd honestly get the feeling that everyone who is right wing is a nazi. People say that Niger Farage is a Nazi, and honestly until I actually checked him out I thought he was one too. He explicitly condemns nazis and commented in the Charlottesville incident by saying that he thought it was unbelievable Nazi salutes were happening in America; he also specifically stated he didnít agree with Trumpís stance on immigration from Muslim countries, and feels that its okay to accept Muslim immigrants so long as theyíre not extremist. He is no Nazi and yet he is touted as some huge racist...

I think Trump has the same problem. He actually did specifically condemn white nationalists at Charlottesville, and clarified that he was referring to the people who didnít want Robert E Lee statues torn down. Personally I actually agree with him but thatís beside the point: he specifically condemned them.

And, everywhere I look if you donít agree with the media or with hard left stances like white privilege and affirmative action, youíre instantly attacked and labeled a racist/xenophobe/white nationalist. Honestly that term has lost its meaning.

My point is, the direction we are heading towards us worrisome. Sorry if my tone is a little extreme at times, I honestly am a bit of a bitch and I kind of enjoy being somewhat trolly, so thatís kinda why Iím so aggressive with these matters lol.
    See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Condemning something is meaningless if you then turn around and defend the very thing you are condemning. Words are cheap that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

Galeon how can Trump condemn white nationalists and then defend white nationalists for not wanting confederate statues removed? How can someone really condemn white nationalism if they actually support white nationalist views? How can a good person who just wants to "defend a historical monument" or whatever in good conscience stay at that rally side by side with nazis?

The rally was organized by white supremacists. If you defend a rally organized by white supremacists in any capacity, are you really condemning white supremacy?
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

There were other people in Charlottesville who werenít white nationalists and didnt want the statues removed

I personally donít think the statues shouldíve been removed. Theyíre not strictly a symbol of slavery per se.