The Eternal Conflict (13P) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: The Eternal Conflict (13P)

Petition Passed.

Presigned the ones who signed the petition alongside the petition creator.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

3. ISO #53

Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (off-queue game) Take 2

3 weeks for 1 game day is too much of a commitment that I could reasonably promise, though I like the idea.

Setup questions:

-What's stopping the God from revealing at start of game?

-Guardian Angel power's only purpose seems be to defend against Angel Knight? Can you sell the idea?

-Guardian Angels 2 charges, are they 2 charges of successful heals or 2 charges of attempts?

-Counsellor Angel communes with some as long as the Counsellor Angel lives. Would they keep communicating if the target died?

-After God reveals at the start of the game, what's to stop the Counselor Angel to target God? Even though God is just 1 slot, I think people could quickly come to a consensus to listen to God just for the possible existence of Counselor.

-Given the special mechanic/-s of this setup, wouldn't it be more logical to balance the setup slightly more scum favored than usual? My impression is it's the opposite.
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 4th, 2021 at 10:57 AM.

4. ISO #54

Moving this post and the one I'm quoting to the setup thread.

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    3 weeks for 1 game day is too much of a commitment that I could reasonably promise, though I like the idea.
    The idea is that it's not that much of an intense commitment, and that you can spend an entire day offline without even looking at the game. But you're obviously free of your actions, at least until I come and lock you up my in dungeon to force you to play FM forever.

-What's stopping the God from revealing at start of game?
    Fear from kills: doctors, if they even exist, cannot target the same player twice in a row. There's WIFOM involved in there. I guess there could be some benefit to claiming early, though, so your point is valid. I have an idea to fix this. @AIVION , would you approve if the following ability was added to Satan's rolecard: Alternatively, you may target a player at night by PMing host the role you think that player is. If you are correct, the player will die. This pierces all immunity and protection, and cannot kill vanilla Angels. This shares the one charge the previous ability has (in other words, you can only use one of these abilities per game).
    This should work even better.

-Guardian Angel power's only purpose seems be to defend against Angel Knight? Can you sell the idea?
    Scum have a factional kill :P

-Guardian Angels 2 charges, are they 2 charges of successful heals or 2 charges of attempts?
    Charges are not consumed if the target is not attacked.

-Counsellor Angel communes with some as long as the Counsellor Angel lives. Would they keep communicating if the target died?
    No. Specifying this in the setup.

-After God reveals at the start of the game, what's to stop the Counselor Angel to target God? Even though God is just 1 slot, I think people could quickly come to a consensus to listen to God just for the possible existence of Counselor.
    My suggestion above would fix this.

-Given the special mechanic/-s of this setup, wouldn't it be more logical to balance the setup slightly more scum favored than usual? My impression is it's the opposite.
    No: Mafiascum don't balance their games much differently compared to us, and this kind of game lenght is close to their standards. More time to play means more time to scumhunt, but it also means more time to scumpaint, to prepare anti-spew, fake claims, etc. Plus, I do not expect real life days of this game to be as active as real life days of 48/24 ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Moving this post and the one I'm quoting to the setup thread.

The idea is that it's not that much of an intense commitment, and that you can spend an entire day offline without even looking at the game. But you're obviously free of your actions, at least until I come and lock you up my in dungeon to force you to play FM forever.

Fear from kills: doctors, if they even exist, cannot target the same player twice in a row. There's WIFOM involved in there. I guess there could be some benefit to claiming early, though, so your point is valid. I have an idea to fix this. @AIVION , would you approve if the following ability was added to Satan's rolecard: Alternatively, you may target a player at night by PMing host the role you think that player is. If you are correct, the player will die. This pierces all immunity and protection, and cannot kill vanilla Angels. This shares the one charge the previous ability has (in other words, you can only use one of these abilities per game).

Scum have a factional kill :P

Charges are not consumed if the target is not attacked.

No. Specifying this in the setup.

My suggestion above would fix this.

No: Mafiascum don't balance their games much differently compared to us, and this kind of game lenght is close to their standards. More time to play means more time to scumhunt, but it also means more time to scumpaint, to prepare anti-spew, fake claims, etc. Plus, I do not expect real life days of this game to be as active as real life days of 48/24 ones.
    90% of my concerns were fixed once you pointed out that I missed the faction kill. Maybe don't bother with the change.

Sometimes setups have in their role cards everything: faction, faction ability, chat, win con, whatever else. But sometimes individual abilities only.
    I choose to shift the blame from my reading deficiencies to the above.

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    hmmm.. Well I mean Ozy's main concerned were alleviated when he realized a factional kill existed xD

With that in mind do you still believe this change to be necessary? I will admit it sounds interesting to add but idk how much it would impact the game in terms of claims..

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

7. ISO #57

Just ftr, I think that change sounds very VERY fun. But would that mean that the evil guy can kill someone twice with his own abilities?
    With the one he already has is (I think?) more than the usual setups, combine that with the possible town vigilante and God's day kill...
    That's a lot of kills xD
    I suppose there's a doctor and 2 of the evils are night immune for a time being.
    Like, honestly. For a setup that has 3 weeks of discussion time, it might all end up being solved/decided by the powers instead.

On a second thought, assuming town don't kill anyone and scum kill 2 per night first 2 nights - it's 4v3 D3, and that's discounting doctor and vigi and God.

Yeah.. sorry for my long rambling, but long story short - I personally like the change very much.

8. ISO #58

Just ftr, I think that change sounds very VERY fun. But would that mean that the evil guy can kill someone twice with his own abilities?
    With the one he already has is (I think?) more than the usual setups, combine that with the possible town vigilante and God's day kill...
    That's a lot of kills xD
    I suppose there's a doctor and 2 of the evils are night immune for a time being.
    Like, honestly. For a setup that has 3 weeks of discussion time, it might all end up being solved/decided by the powers instead.

On a second thought, assuming town don't kill anyone and scum kill 2 per night first 2 nights - it's 4v3 D3, and that's discounting doctor and vigi and God.

Yeah.. sorry for my long rambling, but long story short - I personally like the change very much.
    If you read what MM said he added a very small(ish) and very impactful word that means everything.

Alternatively

Which means he cant kill twice with his abilities. He can either choose one or the other.

If you think it sounds fun then I approve if @Marshmallow Marshall Wants to implement it! It does kinda sound fun

9. ISO #59

90% of my concerns were fixed once you pointed out that I missed the faction kill. Maybe don't bother with the change.

Sometimes setups have in their role cards everything: faction, faction ability, chat, win con, whatever else. But sometimes individual abilities only.
    I choose to shift the blame from my reading deficiencies to the above.
    Haha, your concern about early claims was not totally invalid though, even though the setup already had some mechanics against it. I like the new mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post
    hmmm.. Well I mean Ozy's main concerned were alleviated when he realized a factional kill existed xD

With that in mind do you still believe this change to be necessary? I will admit it sounds interesting to add but idk how much it would impact the game in terms of claims..
    Well, the spirit of the setup isn't to spend weeks following God or the Priest, so if it impacts it, it'll be positively imo. This also adds interesting WIFOM about town fake softclaims. Plus, it probably improves balance, so I will implement it with your agreement ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post
    If you read what MM said he added a very small(ish) and very impactful word that means everything.

Alternatively

Which means he cant kill twice with his abilities. He can either choose one or the other.

If you think it sounds fun then I approve if @Marshmallow Marshall Wants to implement it! It does kinda sound fun
    Correct! I've also specified Satan's abilities share the same charge. Added to the setup. Thanks for the feedback Ozy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :