[WIP] S-FM Journey to Huygens (13P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM Journey to Huygens (13P)

S-FM Journey to Huygens
    (13p)
    It is the year 2248, and humanity has dispatched their first interstellar colony ships to Barnard’s Star. Traveling at sublight speeds, the fleet carrying 50,000 colonists aboard two space ships is slated to arrive soon. Only a few months away from their destination, the AI aboard the main ship goes haywire upon attempting to wake the crew.

In an effort to repair itself, the top-secret Collaborative Agent System (CAS), a swarm of cloud-based artificial, intelligent agents, was activated by the fleet control center. The fleet control center indicates that some of the dormant agents were corrupted by an unknown force - it is not known whether this represents a cyber attack by one of the Republic of the Oort Cloud’s enemies, or whether it is simply a natural force that caused this.

The agents have been tasked with identifying the rogue elements and to send them to the main system for reinitialization... the fate of more than 50,000 Oorter colonists hangs in the balance.

Role List

System Agents

Analyst Agent (Sheriff/Cop)
    Memory Organizer (Doctor)
    Agent
    Agent
    Agent
    Agent
    Agent
    Agent
    Agent
    Agent

Rogue Agents

Corrupted Analyst (Godfather)
    Directive Manager (Consort)
    Corrupted Agent

Mechanics

Days last 72 hours, nights last 24.
    The lynch proceeds as follows:
    Using condorcet voting, players rank other players from towniest to scummiest (in reverse order), during the first 24 hours. The towniest player, as decided by the election, has 3 votes that day. The second player has 2 votes. The third player has one vote, and their vote acts as a tiebreaker; the rest have one vote. Finally, the bottom 2 players get no vote that day.

If less than 5 players are alive, the 'towniest' player has three votes. Everyone else has one vote.

If a tie occurs wherein the tiebreaking player isn't on any of the tied trains, the lynch will be randomized.

During the last 48 hours, normal lynch mechanics play out. Lynch follows pure plurality rules: the player with the most votes at EoD is lynched. Lynching is not mandatory: players may skip the day.

Last wills allowed.
    Death notes allowed.
    Suicide allowed, as long as the player can explain why commit suicide is advantegous to their faction.

Rolecards
    Spoiler : Agents :

Analyst Agent
    Ability: Check an agent for signs of corruption. You will be told if they are corrupted or not.

Memory Organizer
    Ability: Protect an agent against memory corruption and reclamation, thereby defending them from an attack. Your target will not be told you healed them; you wil not be informed of a successful heal.

Agent
    Ability: You’re lit as fuck lmao

Spoiler : Corrupted Agents :

Factional Kill: The Corrupted Agents share a factional kill; this ability may be utilized by any of the Corrupted Agents.

Corrupted Analyst
    Ability: Collaborate with the rest of the agents to send one of your members to perform the factional kill.
    You override the Corrupted Agent kill vote whilst you are alive.
    You appear to be uncorrupted to an Analyst.
    You share a night chat with the rest of the corrupted agents.

Directive Manager
    Ability: Redirect system resources, ensuring that an agent of your choice cannot carry out their task at night.

Corrupted Agent
    Ability: You’re fucking lit lmao

OoO
    1. Directive Manager blocks
    2. Memory Organizer heals
    3. Factional Kill
    4. Analyst Agent checks
    Rules
    Standard FM rules apply; this means:
    1. No quoting or SS'ing host feedback or PMs
    2. No OGC,
    no gamethrowing/pretending to gamethrow
    3. No griefing
    4. Insults allowed to a certain degree but don't overdo it
    5. English only
    6. Images and Videos allowed in moderation, keep it PG-13
    7. In a departure from the rules, you ARE explicitly allowed to discuss host meta and replacements, but it is strictly forbidden for people who have replaced out to discuss outside/inside the game their reasons for replacing out. Note that ragequitting is still not permitted, either.
    8. I strongly discourage you from discussing host meta or replacements but I will allow it as I think people will have those thoughts floating around anyways even if they're not outright stating them as arguments so banning them does very little. However, in the end, it's up to you.
    There is no post count minimum for this game. However, if you are not active, I will first give you a warning, and if you persist in your inactivity you will be forcibly replaced or modkilled.
    You may not sign up if you are on my blacklist (given below):

Spoiler : Blacklist :

PowersThatBe

Wincons
    System Agents: Eliminate the Rogue Agents.
    Rogue Agents: Eliminate the System Agents, or have just as many or more Rogue Agents alive as System Agents.

Last edited by Oberon; November 25th, 2020 at 04:41 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM Journey to Huygens (13P)

I don’t think I can review my own setup... that’d be dirty @Marshmallow Marshall if you review this I’ll review yours

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    I don’t think I can review my own setup... that’d be dirty @Marshmallow Marshall if you review this I’ll review yours
    Yes, you can't do that and I can't review my own setup either lol, so let's do this. Review in progress.

A few things first:

- It'd be nice if you could color the rolecards with their alignment's color. Easier to quickly see what is what.

- Thou shalt add thy Commandments to thy setup (add rules please).

- You called the Corrupted Analyst's rolecard "Corrupted Agent".
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Heh, found a way! Merged your latest post with the original post. You should now be able to edit. @Oberon
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Thank you Mr Squishy ♥️
    Tales of your misdeeds are told from Ireland to Cathay
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; November 18th, 2020 at 06:28 AM.

11. ISO #11

I’m currently trying to work out this voting system. It works well for d1, but the exact parameters almost certainly have to be altered after someone dies.
    I also have no idea how I’m going to handle the voting. I may have people vote normally but count their votes separately.

12. ISO #12

[mayor] and [mayor2] are the tags you're looking for to manage votes; those who have no votes at all can just be asked not to vote unless they want to be modkilled.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    [mayor] and [mayor2] are the tags you're looking for to manage votes; those who have no votes at all can just be asked not to vote unless they want to be modkilled.
    Except there’s 3 people with extra votes.

14. ISO #14

Except there’s 3 people with extra votes.
    Uh... no?

Using condorcet voting, players rank other players from towniest to scummiest (in reverse order), during the first 24 hours. The towniest player, as decided by the election, gains 3 votes that day. The second player gets 2 votes, and the rest get one vote. Finally, the bottom 2 players get no vote that day.

Unless I'm being stupid, 1 gets 3 votes, 1 gets 2 votes, 2 get no votes (so they are ordered not to vote), and the rest are normal, so you only need 2 "mayors".

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

@Oberon

- The scums' win condition is to "eliminate the other team", which implies they have to kill every townie in order to win. This could drag the game into useless phases in the event of a scum win. Since scums are guaranteed to win if town loses majority (scum would in theory all vote for the same scum team member, resulting in them getting the 3 votes and necessarily having a vote majority at EoD; hammers are excluded by pure plurality). Therefore, I suggest changing their wincon to "Have at least 50 % of the living players be of your alignment" or something similar.

- Any rules?

- What happens if there is a tie in votes at EoD? Please specify.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

1. I’ll do that.
    2. I’ll add those, sgould be the same as for my other games.
    3. Good question. How about having the third player break ties?
    3. Good idea.

Ping me when the rest is done ^^

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Does the Corrupted Analyst need to be alive to enable the Rogue Agents factional kill? If the Rouge Agents can perform the factional kill regardless of who's alive, it should be made clear in the mechanics that the "Rouge Agents possess a nightly factional kill"
    Is there a hammer? and if so will it count total votes available, or will it account for players alive? I.E. on D1, there will be 13 players alive, but 14 total votes, would it be 7 votes to hammer, or 8 votes to hammer?
    Are lynches optional?
    Is the setup flipless? or are faction and role revealed upon death?
    Does game start during the night, or during day?
    Is suicide allowed?
    Are last wills allowed?
    Are death notes allowed?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

22. ISO #22

1. Yes, the nightkill can be performed regardless of whether the Corrupted Analyst is alive or not.
    2. The lynch type is plurality; there is no hammering.
    3. Yes. Players may skip if they so wish.
    4. Roles and alignments are revealed upon death.
    5. Game starts on day 1.
    6. Good question. Generally I allow suicide as long as people explain why its advantageous for them to commit suicide.
    7. Last wills allowed.
    8. Death notes allowed.

23. ISO #23

The lynch proceeds as follows:
    Using condorcet voting, players rank other players from towniest to scummiest (in reverse order), during the first 24 hours. The towniest player, as decided by the election, gains 3 votes that day. The second player gets 2 votes. The third player gains one vote, and their vote acts as a tiebreaker; the rest get one vote. Finally, the bottom 2 players get no vote that day.
    This is potentially confusing. The third player does not gain one vote, but only has one (like normal players) and has a tie breaker, right? If so, the word "gain" is probably not the right one here.

"During the last 48 hours, normal election mechanics play out." I assume this means votes (for lynch, not for election) are not Condorcet-managed, but placed by using the [vote] tags?

What happens if there is a tie between votes at EoD, and that the player with the tie breaker isn't on either of the leading trains? Please specify.

What happens if there aren't enough players for the vote weight slots to be full (i.e. if there are less than 5 players alive)? Please specify.

Please specify the points Deathworlds brought up about mechanics in the setup (factional kill, suicide, skip, etc.)

24. ISO #24