Black Lives Matter - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 232
  1. #101

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Black Lives Matter

    m2tvc6yymw251.jpg
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; June 7th, 2020 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL donít get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

  2. #102

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Racism is literally:

    "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

    You can't say racist shit and then wonder why people call it out as racist.
    prej∑u∑dice
    /ˈprejədəs/
    noun
    1.preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
    "English prejudice against foreigners"
    (and in this context, the prejudice would have to be negative)


    dis∑crim∑i∑na∑tion
    /dəˌskriməˈnāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    1.the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
    (and in this context, the discrimination would have to be negative)


    an∑tag∑o∑nism
    /anˈtaɡəˌnizəm/
    noun
    active hostility or opposition.

    Based on these definitions and what he has posted in the thread, one cannot say that Ganelon is racist. Note that he did not equate intellect, or general intelligence g, with value, which means he does not believe that White people are better than Black people. Furthermore, calling someone racist is a quick way to get them to disagree with you.

  3. #103

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Honestly Iím not pleased about how Trump handled things at first either. If he doesnít get his shit together, im hoping either Ted Cruz or Ben Carson will run for President. Hell, letís resurrect Kennedy and Reagan and have them run for President, too.
    ur trolling right?
    I love oops

    Spoiler : :

    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

  4. #104

  5. #105

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Oh, no, I wasnít claiming they did lol. I doubt most people on this website want that.
    When I target BLM and attack them Iím specifically attacking the movement itself - organizers, activists, etc - not the people here. I hope nobody is taking my comments as personal attacks because they are not meant as such. That would be quite rich anyways because of how much I fight against personal attacks lol.

    In any event, you are probably right in that some police brutality does exist. I guess that the temptation is to deny it exists at all when faced with arguments you believe to be either a) immoral or b) completely wrong.

    btw, off-topic but yzb, you are probably the strangest far-left winger I know lol. Iím not saying this as an insult, I just find it interesting because even attitude wise you are pretty different from what I would consider your average radical leftist. Like in many cases I just see them hating the rich instead of loving poor, but I donít see that here. Youíre probably aware of this but if youíre interested in someone who is also left wing and erm, not authoritarian (but still far left), you should check out Slavoj Zizek. He is also a strange left winger, so strange that I donít even understand his views.
    I know Zizek. He's pretty cool. Also I don't think I'm as different as you think from other leftists honestly. Typing behind a monitor allows you to give a much more level-headed and thoughtful response to people's points. If I type rage I know I'm just being self-indulgent. That doesn't apply in real life, where I can be just as edgy as any other leftist. Elements of my ideology necessarily imply that there is continual, gross injustice perpetuated at all times due to political and economic power being concentrated in the hands of a relatively small group of individuals who possess goals irreconcilable with the rest of society, and whose power is inherently exploitative. Noone who acknowledges that can keep a level head about it at all times, unless they're super chill like Zizek.

    However, I don't hate anyone. And, in my experience, the vast majority of radical leftists don't hate anyone. Hateful people are everywhere, and partisan news outlets like Fox News and MSNBC are going to cherry pick examples of hateful people from the other side and show them 24/7. However, my ideology also necessarily implies that there is nothing inherently evil in people who continually exploit others through their economic power, because the capitalist system we live in necessitates that we all continually exploit one another to preserve our current state. Radical leftists may get angry at times or say stupid things at times - trying to find people to blame is human nature, ultimately. But the issue is the system, not billionaires.

    tl;dr we don't hate rich people so pls stop misrepping us because Fox News made that up :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  6. #106

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Obama managing to get elected president really doesn't say a whole lot about how much racism there is in America. That's like trying to suggest anti-semitism wasn't rampant in late 19th century Britain because Benjamin Disraeli managed to get elected Prime Minister. Individuals in an unfair system can overcome the specificities of their situation through a shittonne of luck and talent.

    Also, I assume by "0.3 correlation" you mean 0.3 using the regression correlation coefficient. 0.3 is an extremely weak correlation. That corresponds to an extremely chaotic placement of dots on a graph that your formula tells you happens to look vaguely like a positively sloped line if you squint hard enough. Furthermore, the correlation between intelligence, a subjective and ambiguous concept in the first place, and income is already a very tenuous relationship. Trying to go IQ -> income -> intelligence is very bad science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  7. #107

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    People can have honest conversations about whether there is reason to believe people of different "races" can have a statistical tendency towards different mental features. (Though "race" is not a well-defined clade like "german shepherds" and is more of a human construct so some care needs to be taken). It is obviously well established that some "races" tend to have slightly different physical attributes at the margins, as illustrated by black people crushing it at the 100m during every Olympics.

    The issue comes from "scientific racism", however. Academia has a long and painful legacy of using bogus biology to try and justify racism by measuring skull sizes and shit to try and "prove" certain races have "inherently inferior intellect" and whatnot. As a result, trying to research into such things has become, with good reason, highly contentious. However, it is at least understood that any differences would be very subtle and only noticable at the margins, like with the 100m race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  8. #108

  9. #109

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I know Zizek. He's pretty cool. Also I don't think I'm as different as you think from other leftists honestly. Typing behind a monitor allows you to give a much more level-headed and thoughtful response to people's points. If I type rage I know I'm just being self-indulgent. That doesn't apply in real life, where I can be just as edgy as any other leftist. Elements of my ideology necessarily imply that there is continual, gross injustice perpetuated at all times due to political and economic power being concentrated in the hands of a relatively small group of individuals who possess goals irreconcilable with the rest of society, and whose power is inherently exploitative. Noone who acknowledges that can keep a level head about it at all times, unless they're super chill like Zizek.

    However, I don't hate anyone. And, in my experience, the vast majority of radical leftists don't hate anyone. Hateful people are everywhere, and partisan news outlets like Fox News and MSNBC are going to cherry pick examples of hateful people from the other side and show them 24/7. However, my ideology also necessarily implies that there is nothing inherently evil in people who continually exploit others through their economic power, because the capitalist system we live in necessitates that we all continually exploit one another to preserve our current state. Radical leftists may get angry at times or say stupid things at times - trying to find people to blame is human nature, ultimately. But the issue is the system, not billionaires.

    tl;dr we don't hate rich people so pls stop misrepping us because Fox News made that up :P
    bro im theexact opposite of u. i always rrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee online but irl, i'm as cooll as a cuwucumber in december

    aaaaaaaaaaaack u seem like u've life figured out uwu. i'm so jelly ;W;

  10. #110

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Sorry I'm a hypocrite and I'm spewing pages but i really wanna add one more thing. I don't think these sorts of points about race make someone a racist. You see the 100m on TV, you think "hmm I wonder if that generalizes to anything else" and then you make some hypotheses about Asians being better at academics and whatnot. There's problematic undertones that should be addressed but I hear a lot of older people say that sort of thing with no ill intent. I think it's very uncharitable to label them as "racist or wilfully ignorant". Everyone is ignorant about some very important subject. Making out like they're choosing that is unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  11. #111

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    bro im theexact opposite of u. i always rrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee online but irl, i'm as cooll as a cuwucumber in december

    aaaaaaaaaaaack u seem like u've life figured out uwu. i'm so jelly ;W;
    That might be the better way to be. Use online as the outlet. Idek tbh lol T_T
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  12. #112

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    ganelon, youíre arguing that the average black person is poor because heís stupid. Iíd argue that heís stupid because heís poor. If youíre born into a ghetto your chances of having a good education are obviously going to be much lower than somebody born in a nice suburban town. Obviously, starting from the end of slavery where almost all black people were naturally going to be dirt poor, you can perhaps fathom why black people are on average poorer. Iíd argue all the other stuff - education level, ďIQĒ, crime rate, wages... are naturally going to follow from being born poor. Itís not like itís that easy to move up in economic class from your parents. People do it, but you canít expect it to magically happen in just a few generations for millions of black people at once. Plus, Jim Crow laws were still in effect for a long time after slavery, making it pretty much impossible for a black person to have any significant upwards mobility.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  13. #113

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    ganelon, you’re arguing that the average black person is poor because he’s stupid. I’d argue that he’s stupid because he’s poor. If you’re born into a ghetto your chances of having a good education are obviously going to be much lower than somebody born in a nice suburban town. Obviously, starting from the end of slavery where almost all black people were naturally going to be dirt poor, you can perhaps fathom why black people are on average poorer. I’d argue all the other stuff - education level, “IQ”, crime rate, wages... are naturally going to follow from being born poor. It’s not like it’s that easy to move up in economic class from your parents. People do it, but you can’t expect it to magically happen in just a few generations for millions of black people at once. Plus, Jim Crow laws were still in effect for a long time after slavery, making it pretty much impossible for a black person to have any significant upwards mobility.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    I think you may or may not have been arguing with a drunk guy on the topic of racism and racial tensions, although you're right and accurate in what you say lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  14. #114

  15. #115

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Racism is literally:

    "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

    You can't say racist shit and then wonder why people call it out as racist.
    Bruh, this isnít racist... itís tge scientific consensus lol. Idk why yíall acting so outraged. I did not say blacks were inferior. There is no relationship between intelligence and morality lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  16. #116

  17. #117

  18. #118

  19. #119

  20. #120

  21. #121

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Iím also from a group with lower IQ than average, just so you know. I really am not arguing from a position of racial superiority here or whatever.

    https://human-stupidity.com/stupid-d...hanged-my-mind
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  22. #122

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    I think you may or may not have been arguing with a drunk guy on the topic of racism and racial tensions, although you're right and accurate in what you say lol.
    Just because I was drunk doesnít mean I didnít mean what I said lol
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  23. #123

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Bruh, this isnít racist... itís tge scientific consensus lol. Idk why yíall acting so outraged. I did not say blacks were inferior. There is no relationship between intelligence and morality lol.
    Given that race is a social construct and there is no such thing as a biological race, there is NO scientific consensus that any race is genetically predisposed to have higher IQ than another race.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  24. #124

  25. #125

  26. #126

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    ganelon, youíre arguing that the average black person is poor because heís stupid. Iíd argue that heís stupid because heís poor. If youíre born into a ghetto your chances of having a good education are obviously going to be much lower than somebody born in a nice suburban town. Obviously, starting from the end of slavery where almost all black people were naturally going to be dirt poor, you can perhaps fathom why black people are on average poorer. Iíd argue all the other stuff - education level, ďIQĒ, crime rate, wages... are naturally going to follow from being born poor. Itís not like itís that easy to move up in economic class from your parents. People do it, but you canít expect it to magically happen in just a few generations for millions of black people at once. Plus, Jim Crow laws were still in effect for a long time after slavery, making it pretty much impossible for a black person to have any significant upwards mobility.
    Possibly, but interracial adoption studies seem to prove there is also a significant genetic component to IQ too. What youíre saying will be most influential during childhood (IQ has a .5 correlation with genetics then), but probably less so in adulthood (.8 correlation there).
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  27. #127

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    And honestly the idea of IQ only being 80% heritable is scary. Just imagine being Albert Einstein and marrying Marie Curie and gfathering someone way dumber than you are lol. Every parent/childís nightmare lol
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  28. #128

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Possibly, but interracial adoption studies seem to prove there is also a significant genetic component to IQ too. What youíre saying will be most influential during childhood (IQ has a .5 correlation with genetics then), but probably less so in adulthood (.8 correlation there).
    your source is here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_...,_and_Behavior

    Feel free to read about its flaws if you care
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  29. #129

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    your source is here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race,_...,_and_Behavior

    Feel free to read about its flaws if you care
    "Valencia identified the main areas of criticism as focusing on Rushton's use of "race" as a biological concept, a failure to appreciate the extent of variation within populations compared with that between populations, a false separation of genetics and environment, poor statistical methodology, a failure to consider alternative hypotheses, and the use of unreliable and inappropriate data to draw conclusions about the relationship between brain size and intelligence. According to Valencia, "experts in life history conclude that Rushton's (1995) work is pseudoscientific and racist.""

    Seems like a scientific consensus to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  30. #130

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    prej∑u∑dice
    /ˈprejədəs/
    noun
    1.preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
    "English prejudice against foreigners"
    (and in this context, the prejudice would have to be negative)


    dis∑crim∑i∑na∑tion
    /dəˌskriməˈnāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    1.the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
    (and in this context, the discrimination would have to be negative)


    an∑tag∑o∑nism
    /anˈtaɡəˌnizəm/
    noun
    active hostility or opposition.

    Based on these definitions and what he has posted in the thread, one cannot say that Ganelon is racist. Note that he did not equate intellect, or general intelligence g, with value, which means he does not believe that White people are better than Black people. Furthermore, calling someone racist is a quick way to get them to disagree with you.
    If you cant see how falsely claiming that one race is genetically disposed to have a higher IQ to another is prejudiced or antagonistic in any way, I don't know what to say to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  31. #131

  32. #132

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Have I experienced racism? Sure. I've experienced "white privilege" too lol. And maybe I'm not invested enough. I just want people to be awesome to eahother. And why shouldn't we?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FEENCKLESHAS BEENCORRUPTED BY THEH XTOXICITY OF THIS THREAD!!!!ONCE U POST, U NEVER COME BACK.UWU

  33. #133

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    If you cant see how falsely claiming that one race is genetically disposed to have a higher IQ to another is prejudiced or antagonistic in any way, I don't know what to say to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    They are, it’s a fact. IQ has a .3 correlation with income...
    It is LITERALLY A fact that races differ by IQ. And a fact that IQ is significant in terms of how much money you earn as an adult.

    We shouldn’t get the wrong idea. There is virtually no correlation between income and virtue. Being smarter doesn’t make you more moral. I’m not the one pushing this claim, Jordan Peterson is. Go watch his videos if you don’t believe me.
    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Note that he did not equate intellect, or general intelligence g, with value, which means he does not believe that White people are better than Black people.
    Assuming his view reflects the truth of reality, it still doesn't show he is racist. Having a lower or higher IQ is more of just a trait rather than a basis to judge a person's worth in society.

    Moral = good
    Immoral = bad

    Black = eh
    Yellow = eh

    Smart = eh
    Not smart = eh
    Rich = eh
    Last edited by secondpassing; June 7th, 2020 at 11:18 PM. Reason: added a rather for clarity

  34. #134

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Assuming his view reflects the truth of reality, it still doesn't show he is racist. Having a lower or higher IQ is more of just a trait rather than a basis to judge a person's worth in society.

    Moral = good
    Immoral = bad

    Black = eh
    Yellow = eh

    Smart = eh
    Not smart = eh
    Rich = eh
    nou uwu

  35. #135

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    If you cant see how falsely claiming that one race is genetically disposed to have a higher IQ to another is prejudiced or antagonistic in any way, I don't know what to say to you.
    It isnít antagonistic... it is definitely not 100% the case that what Iím saying is wrong, either. We can debate the merits and flaws of that study, but doing so and acknowledging that racial differences in IQ could be genetic is not racism. Personally, that study, and lectures Iíve watched sounded pretty convincing to me. Itís also hard to dispense with the interracial adoption studies.

    Im not being racist here. Iím Eastern Euro and thatís a group that tends to have lower IQs; Iím not trying t assert the superiority of any race over the other; Iím about as neutral an observer as one can be, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  36. #136

  37. #137

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Anyways I did see something that might be construed as wrong or even bad science on that website I linked. They seem to be linking intellect with sociability and a number of other traits, and AFAIK there is no relationship between sociability and intelligence.
    Last edited by Ganelon; June 7th, 2020 at 11:22 PM. Reason: autocorrect changed ‘on that’ to ‘in gay’
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  38. #138

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    isit wacist to say asians r shorter
    I would make a racist joke here but Iím afraid people would interpret it as me being racist
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  39. #139

  40. #140

  41. #141

  42. #142

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Anyways I did see something that might be construed as wrong or even bad science on that website I linked. They seem to be linking intellect with sociability and a number of other traits, and AFAIK there is no relationship between sociability and intelligence.
    iwas thinking that more big-bren u are, less social u tend to be.


    sincesmart ppl tend to be more anxiousowo

  43. #143

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Yeah I was thinking about the same thing, but that is a separate personality trait known as agreeableness coupled with neuroticism. AFAIK those are separate from IQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  44. #144

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    One other thing that worried me is the way the table ranked certain traits from low to high, without explaining how it was measured or what metric they used. That smells bad to me. It’s possible they described that somewhere in the paper, I suppose.
    Last edited by Ganelon; June 7th, 2020 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  45. #145

  46. #146

  47. #147

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Tbh if thatís your reaction then itís pretty clear youíre just intent on causing trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  48. #148

  49. #149

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    One thing I will say about police brutality however is that it undoubtedly does exist. That video Voss linked doesnít look good for the two cops. It remains to be seen whether theyíll be found guilty, but even if they are, incidents do happen. The issue as I see it is that when youíre hiring cops, youíre recruiting people who have a higher incidence of psychopathy than the rest of the population. I would assume that some pretty serious screening processes are in place for determining who gets to become part of the emergency response unit, but the issue as I see it is that people who are compassionate, loving and agreeable would suck as policemen. I am not agreeable but I am fairly compassionate; I doubt whether I could kill someone even if I was in the Ďrightí to do it. My point is, youíre recruiting from a tainted sample, and I donít see any quick solutions to that problem. I donít think defunding the police force is a good idea, however. Iím not sure what needs to be done... I would say it probably should start with better police training, and maybe stricter guidelines. What is a very good ides however is to put cams on pretty much every cop if possible. I really donít know what needs doing, itís a very complicated problem that we canít just fix by axing the police force.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  50. #150

    Re: Black Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I don't think I'm alone in my assumptions my dude. I challenge you to go up to random people on the street and ask them if it's racist to think that black people are genetically predisposed to be less intelligent than white people. Then come back and tell us the results.
    Science is not a democracy and public opinion does not determine facts. Facts ignore ideology.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •