Black Lives Matter - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Good point. It does make it more effective and catchy. Probably wouldn't have caught on otherwise.

Being Black while living in the States comes with its challenges, police and judge discrimination is also very hard to deal with. I don't disagree with that. I also didn't take offense at it, and I am allowed to say what I believe to be a more accurate statement. For context, I'm of Asian descent and have had people follow me around in stores and whilst at work, though likely not to the degree of scrutiny a black person would have in many neighborhoods.

What I said is also true though. The word choice in Black Lives Matter has not won the support of the Asian community. This is likely also because some movements mainly for Black equality have lead to the destruction of Asian property.
    i KNEW it. uWu

Do u live in place w asian commuwunity??uVu or r u like the only one there lol

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    It's a divisive choice in phrasing. Divisive language tends to get elevated. A lot like "privilege". I never liked that phrase, either.
    ME TOO!!!!
    i like "advantage" a lot more. like if ur rich, u have an "advantage." uwu

bleh. asians (some,groups UwU) have an advantage and whites have an advantage, but it'snot like they don't havetheir own struggles... i'm likethe poorest asian ik lmao. so i'd be rly pissed if ppl called me privileged.

OWO

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    That isn't true, it may have not won the support of you, your family, or your local community but Yellow Peril Supports Black Power/Black Lives Matter is true of some people I know, and others I don't:

^
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/yello...-bla_b_7781586

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...ows-solidarity

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA53mNulIxu/

Black property is also being destroyed. I saw news that a black firefighter who used his life savings to open a bar in Minneapolis had his bar burned down in May.

Property can be replaced. Lives cannot.
    yellowperil isn't a movement right????uVu

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    ME TOO!!!!
    i like "advantage" a lot more. like if ur rich, u have an "advantage." uwu

bleh. asians (some,groups UwU) have an advantage and whites have an advantage, but it'snot like they don't havetheir own struggles... i'm likethe poorest asian ik lmao. so i'd be rly pissed if ppl called me privileged.

OWO
    While some use that term to describe socioeconomic differences, the real meaning is the advantages/disadvantages of simply having a different skin color.

It’s undeniable that a shit ton of people are stupid and bigoted. Hence a person that looks different is naturally going to be at a general disadvantage in life.

I would argue that in the hierarchy of bigotry, they view blacks as the absolute lowest form of humanity, and generally hate less the closer a group is to white.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59
    Ganelon

What secondpassing is describing sounds A LOT more reasonable to me than this whole white guilt narrative

10. ISO #60
    Ganelon

It's a divisive choice in phrasing. Divisive language tends to get elevated. A lot like "privilege". I never liked that phrase, either.
    +1.

11. ISO #61
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I had a long chat with a dude who legitimately believes all people with black skin are a separate species
    I’m pretty sure these people are in the minority. Even in the Netherlands, I’ve not encountered anyone holding such beliefs, and we are definitely more racist than the US.

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64
    Ganelon

Saying Black Lives Matter comes with the cost of alienating support from other minority groups. Well-intentioned, but it sets this racial group apart from Chinese, Koreans, Indians, Malaysians, Columbians, and whatever other groups. We are people, so treat people well.
    I seriously doubt it’s well intentioned, if we’re talking about the movement. How is asking white people to kneel and renounce their white privilege well intentioned? I’ve seen that happening and honestly it’s disgusting. You can’t automatically assume someone is racist just due to their skin colour.

Besides, in claiming there is systemic racism you are failing to see the forest for the trees. The US, as a whole, is a remarkably tolerant country; it has to be, or Obama would never have become President in 2012. Is there racism in the US? Possibly but it is by no means anywhere as problematic as people on the left are describing it. I am quite certain the NL is more racist, although we are also a fairly tolerant country, especially when compared to the rest of Europe.

15. ISO #65

why should the movement need to be about or include all minorities?
    I think it would raise total public opinion.

That isn't true, it may have not won the support of you, your family, or your local community but Yellow Peril Supports Black Power/Black Lives Matter is true of some people I know, and others I don't:

Spoiler : Images take room on a thread :

^
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/yello...-bla_b_7781586

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...ows-solidarity

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA53mNulIxu/

Black property is also being destroyed. I saw news that a black firefighter who used his life savings to open a bar in Minneapolis had his bar burned down in May.

Property can be replaced. Lives cannot.
    I'm sure some Asians support the movement. And I don't have a statistic on how successful the movement has about garnering Asian support, but I found a video and tried to find those of Asian descent.
    Spoiler : My local protest :

I think I found one Indian at 0:10
    Now granted the sample size is small, but the city I live in (Portland) is estimated to have ~7% of Asian descent ~9.4% Latino (number is probably higher now) So in a crowd of 200ish people I should find 14 Asians.

I think every protest will have some property damage, I'm not denying that. But property damage from a group of people supporting a, at least at face value, a non-inclusive movement onto a different group has consequences on public opinion. It's anecdotal but a family member 1 of mine lived through the destruction of the four olds, forcing him to be a refugee. He finds it sad, but holds no grudge. An Asian movement for Asian people. Another family member of mine had a restaurant that sold fried rice near Koreatown. It was destroyed in 1992 riots. Guess what family member 1 tells me every so often?
    Yeah. "Black people are dumb, lazy, and can't do anything for themselves."

16. ISO #66

I think it would raise total public opinion.

I'm sure some Asians support the movement. And I don't have a statistic on how successful the movement has about garnering Asian support, but I found a video and tried to find those of Asian descent.
    Spoiler : My local protest :

I think I found one Indian at 0:10
    Now granted the sample size is small, but the city I live in (Portland) is estimated to have ~7% of Asian descent ~9.4% Latino (number is probably higher now) So in a crowd of 200ish people I should find 14 Asians.

I think every protest will have some property damage, I'm not denying that. But property damage from a group of people supporting a, at least at face value, a non-inclusive movement onto a different group has consequences on public opinion. It's anecdotal but a family member 1 of mine lived through the destruction of the four olds, forcing him to be a refugee. He finds it sad, but holds no grudge. An Asian movement for Asian people. Another family member of mine had a restaurant that sold fried rice near Koreatown. It was destroyed in 1992 riots. Guess what family member 1 tells me every so often?
    Sadly, the percent chance to be a fucking moron is even throughout the human race. It's funny because the non-morons protesting about the morons results in the morons making the non-morons look like morons!. The media on each side wants to pander to their base so they highlight whichever set of morons aids their cause. All that being said, both EXTREME sides suck dick, does not make it any less true that 1 side has a lot less privilege than the other.

17. ISO #67

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    I seriously doubt it’s well intentioned, if we’re talking about the movement. How is asking white people to kneel and renounce their white privilege well intentioned? I’ve seen that happening and honestly it’s disgusting. You can’t automatically assume someone is racist just due to their skin colour.

Besides, in claiming there is systemic racism you are failing to see the forest for the trees. The US, as a whole, is a remarkably tolerant country; it has to be, or Obama would never have become President in 2012. Is there racism in the US? Possibly but it is by no means anywhere as problematic as people on the left are describing it. I am quite certain the NL is more racist, although we are also a fairly tolerant country, especially when compared to the rest of Europe.
    You're right. You can claim relatively that the US is a remarkably tolerant country. I would say it is more tolerant than South Africa, India, China, Japan, uh.. Columbia, and Panama. Systemic racism is a thing though. Statistics show that the US is racist. The courts, businesses, leadership positions are all areas that can show the US is racist. Police brutality is a thing too. Police officers do horrible things to White people and Yellow People too, but they do more horrible things to Black people.

Why? You should ask. I would say being Black is correlated to being dangerous, which is true, but only tells part of the story. Black people are more likely to commit violent crimes because they were more likely to be born into a poorer family, a family whose parents were divorced, to be related to violent individuals, to receive less education, to live further to public transportation, to live where it is expected that you will think of yourself as a victim blah blah blah list goes on. Cops are human too. They will want to protect themselves. All of us will profile the people around us to figure out who is dangerous and who is not. That profiling is especially important to the police so they may prepare themselves against violent encounters. A step to easing these tensions would really be to say "hello" to the police officers that you come across, maybe thank them for their service, chat them up or buy them a coffee. Kind of the whole point of my original comment.

I don't think most of the people involved or posting Black Lives Matter want White people to kneel.

18. ISO #68

Sadly, the percent chance to be a fucking moron is even throughout the human race. It's funny because the non-morons protesting about the morons results in the morons making the non-morons look like morons!. The media on each side wants to pander to their base so they highlight whichever set of morons aids their cause. All that being said, both EXTREME sides suck dick, does not make it any less true that 1 side has a lot less privilege than the other.
    I'm not quite sure if I offended you or anything, but I apologize if that was the case.

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

i'm not black. I am 3/4 Pakistani and 1/4 Dutch. My mother is white-skinned and my father is brown, though they both grew up in the same place and went to the same schools. We are wealthy. Living in an interracial family makes it so hilariously obvious how racist the world is. Guess which parent gets "random checked" (forced to go through the Xray machine) every time?

I get that profiling is a thing, and may even have its own merits. We're talking about a guy with global entry (which requires an application and interview and shows up on all of their computers) though. Who travels frequently. With a 200k+ salary. Yet he gets treated similarly to somebody with a 20k salary.

It's just sad.

21. ISO #71
    Ganelon

Oh, no, I wasn’t claiming they did lol. I doubt most people on this website want that.
    When I target BLM and attack them I’m specifically attacking the movement itself - organizers, activists, etc - not the people here. I hope nobody is taking my comments as personal attacks because they are not meant as such. That would be quite rich anyways because of how much I fight against personal attacks lol.

In any event, you are probably right in that some police brutality does exist. I guess that the temptation is to deny it exists at all when faced with arguments you believe to be either a) immoral or b) completely wrong.

btw, off-topic but yzb, you are probably the strangest far-left winger I know lol. I’m not saying this as an insult, I just find it interesting because even attitude wise you are pretty different from what I would consider your average radical leftist. Like in many cases I just see them hating the rich instead of loving poor, but I don’t see that here. You’re probably aware of this but if you’re interested in someone who is also left wing and erm, not authoritarian (but still far left), you should check out Slavoj Zizek. He is also a strange left winger, so strange that I don’t even understand his views.
    Last edited by ; June 6th, 2020 at 11:55 PM.

22. ISO #72
    Ganelon

i'm not black. I am 3/4 Pakistani and 1/4 Dutch. My mother is white-skinned and my father is brown, though they both grew up in the same place and went to the same schools. We are wealthy. Living in an interracial family makes it so hilariously obvious how racist the world is. Guess which parent gets "random checked" (forced to go through the Xray machine) every time?

I get that profiling is a thing, and may even have its own merits. We're talking about a guy with global entry (which requires an application and interview and shows up on all of their computers) though. Who travels frequently. With a 200k+ salary. Yet he gets treated similarly to somebody with a 20k salary.

It's just sad.
    Do you speak any Dutch?

23. ISO #73
    Ganelon

Also that is one strange mix lol. Indonesian-Dutch would make more sense to me. How did that happen?

24. ISO #74
    Ganelon

And yeah that does sound pretty fucked up. I have a similar experience myself which I will share at some point, but it involves England and Scotland, specifically.

25. ISO #75
    Ganelon

Personally I think that what needs to happen is, the left has to figure out when pushing for racial justice goes too far. I’d say that when you start blaming an entire ethnic group, and heavily prioritizing a disadvantaged once, you’ve gone too far.

26. ISO #76

Personally I think that what needs to happen is, the left has to figure out when pushing for racial justice goes too far. I’d say that when you start blaming an entire ethnic group, and heavily prioritizing a disadvantaged once, you’ve gone too far.
    how would you like them to achieve any kind of change?

27. ISO #77

It's just awful.
    ftfy ;W;

28. ISO #78

Look at New York City if you want to see how many Asians are out protesting, or #Asians4BlackLivesMatter on instagram. But regardless, many people who support this movement are not going to be out on the streets due to coronavirus(myself included) or needing to work. There are many other ways to support it.

I hear Asian people say that about black people even if they just got off the boat, or lived here over 30 years and did not experience the Rodney King riots. Why? Because Asian people are racist anyway. My Vietnamese friend isn't allowed to marry Chinese. Japanese people are racist as fuck against Koreans.

Also statistics of crime are useless when black neighborhoods are overpoliced and whites are undercharged with crime because that's the way the system works. The prison system is an industrial complex. It no longer serves for justice. It has become privatized and runs as a business now, you should look into how fucked it has become.
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

29. ISO #79
    Ganelon

It's just sad.
    This does sound pretty fucked up tbh.
    I think it’s interesting you tied salary and global entry into it lol. One would think that would be a pretty good indicator of your father not being a terrorst or a criminal of some sort, but, well.

I don’t really have an answer to this but it interesting. It might not be simply due to racism though. Clerks and officials st airports and at other places (bureaucrats in general) are not uncommonly helpful. I think what happens here is that your fathers salary/status is ignored because the clerk in question is a lot poorer than him and just wants to fuck with him.

Not saying race isn’t a factor, but it probably isn’t purely racial.

Ive had a very similar experience once in Germany at an airport. The officer at the passport control booth addressed me in German even though literally nothing about me would indicate that I speak German. And then she looked really angry when I replied in English and she went ‘No? Nein!’

Thays one of the reasons I don’t like traveling through Germany. German people in general to me seem quite rude and provincial. Dutch people are 100% not like this. They’re direct as fuck but they’re not rude.
    Last edited by ; June 7th, 2020 at 06:55 AM.

30. ISO #80

I have literally never seen anyone say that white people should get on their knees and grovel for pity and forgiveness. This sounds like a strawman that doesn't even deserve to be addressed.

That being said if you don't understand that white people are privileged in most places in the world then you're definitely either some kind of racist or you're wilfully ignorant. Here's a little thought experiment; blacks in the US are poorer and tend to be convicted of crimes and imprisoned more often. This is objective, undeniable fact. Given this, there are several explanations for why this happens. Here's the ones I can think of, or that I've seen people argue:

1) Past and current systematic oppression leads to black people being perceived by others in a way that leads to less favourable outcomes. This includes things like other people being subconsciously racist in matters such as hiring and how black people are perceived as physical threats.

2) Past and current systematic oppression has led to a culture among black people in the US that leads to them having less favourable outcomes. For instance, maybe among black culture there's less of a focus on education or certain values that lead to better life outcomes.

3) Black people are genetically inferior in some way, which leads to them not being capable of attaining the same average level of success as other races.

So that this isn't taken out of context, let me start with saying that 3 is thoroughly disproven in science. Lots of people still believe it, and I suppose that's a "valid" logical explanation for why white privilege doesn't exist. If you explain difference in white/black outcomes in terms of that, then I commend you for going mask off with your racism.

1 and 2 are both strict examples of white privilege. Obviously, the first explanation is an example of how being born white versus being born black gives you the advantage of having others see you in a way that favours you in such a way that you can't control, and that are completely disconnected from any sort of merit or accomplishment in your life. The second explanation is also a form of white privilege, and is certainly something that exists in the US. For example, black people are less likely to open bank accounts and keep money in cash because in the past major institutions such as banks constantly broke black trust. This is also an example of white privilege. Having a culture like that shape a black person's views is another way that, outside of their control and any of the choices and accomplishments they make in their life, their lives are impacted by a coin toss of whether they were born black or white. The first is, of course, more insidious and harder to overcome. There are many people in the US who look at Obama's achievements, becoming president of the country, and they still think he's inherently a lesser person because of the colour of his skin. The second is possible to overcome but it's a hurdle that white people don't have to overcome, leading to worse overall outcomes for black people and a more challenging path to success.

To anyone who still denies white privilege, can you explain why black people and white people have such drastically different life outcomes on average?

31. ISO #81
    Ganelon

You really wanna get into a racial debate? My housemate downstairs is black and he’s richer than I am, far richer. How’s that for privilege?

Second, I am not gonna start hating him or telling him to renounce his privilege lol that is outlandish. Why should be feel guilty for being rich lol?

Literally watch Fox News. I can’t remember which video, but this is LITERALLY happening right now during these protests. I saw that with my own eyes.

Third, I honestly can’t be arsed to deal with someone who has to discredit everything I say just because they disagree with me. I don’t even know where you’re coming from describing the shit that’s happening in SA as a conspiracy. It is NOT a conspiracy. Literally fucking google it and stop spewing your fucking ideology all
    ober the place.

Foirth, it’s amazjng to be called a racist when you know literally nothing about me. All of my friends, and I mean all of them, not some, are either internationals or Dutch; none of them are from my home
    coutnry lol. It is absurd to be describing me as a racist - but your ideology won’t let you see that.

White privilege my ass, it’s an advantage of being born into a richer family. White privileged does not fucking exist. It’s ‘advantage’, and it literally has nothing to do with race. It’s about your economic status. Unless you’re claiming Asians have had a historically significant stake jnuour society prior to the 20th century? Lol there were literally quotas on Asian people in the fucking Us. The only difference and honestly what people really hate to admit is that Asians, Ashkenazi Jews have higher IQs. That’s why they’re richer than the rest of the population. Blacks and Latinos has lower IQs, on average. This doesn’t mean that blacks or Latinos with high IQs dont exist, nor does it mean that blacks with high IQs don’t have an advantage../ het your fucking facts straight before you start calling people racist.

32. ISO #82

Look at New York City if you want to see how many Asians are out protesting, or #Asians4BlackLivesMatter on instagram. But regardless, many people who support this movement are not going to be out on the streets due to coronavirus(myself included) or needing to work. There are many other ways to support it.

I hear Asian people say that about black people even if they just got off the boat, or lived here over 30 years and did not experience the Rodney King riots. Why? Because Asian people are racist anyway. My Vietnamese friend isn't allowed to marry Chinese. Japanese people are racist as fuck against Koreans.

Also statistics of crime are useless when black neighborhoods are overpoliced and whites are undercharged with crime because that's the way the system works. The prison system is an industrial complex. It no longer serves for justice. It has become privatized and runs as a business now, you should look into how fucked it has become.
    omg nyc uwu
    this is why i only hang out w asians.
    haven't seen this b4, can u explain

33. ISO #83

You really wanna get into a racial debate? My housemate downstairs is black and he’s richer than I am, far richer. How’s that for privilege?

Second, I am not gonna start hating him or telling him to renounce his privilege lol that is outlandish. Why should be feel guilty for being rich lol?

Literally watch Fox News. I can’t remember which video, but this is LITERALLY happening right now during these protests. I saw that with my own eyes.

Third, I honestly can’t be arsed to deal with someone who has to discredit everything I say just because they disagree with me. I don’t even know where you’re coming from describing the shit that’s happening in SA as a conspiracy. It is NOT a conspiracy. Literally fucking google it and stop spewing your fucking ideology all
    ober the place.

Foirth, it’s amazjng to be called a racist when you know literally nothing about me. All of my friends, and I mean all of them, not some, are either internationals or Dutch; none of them are from my home
    coutnry lol. It is absurd to be describing me as a racist - but your ideology won’t let you see that.

White privilege my ass, it’s an advantage of being born into a richer family. White privileged does not fucking exist. It’s ‘advantage’, and it literally has nothing to do with race. It’s about your economic status. Unless you’re claiming Asians have had a historically significant stake jnuour society prior to the 20th century? Lol there were literally quotas on Asian people in the fucking Us. The only difference and honestly what people really hate to admit is that Asians, Ashkenazi Jews have higher IQs. That’s why they’re richer than the rest of the population. Blacks and Latinos has lower IQs, on average. This doesn’t mean that blacks or Latinos with high IQs dont exist, nor does it mean that blacks with high IQs don’t have an advantage../ het your fucking facts straight before you start calling people racist.
    It's weird how you're strawmanning me and saying I said things which I didn't. I didn't say you're racist. I didn't say that people should "denounce their privilege" or feel guilty. I don't even know what that means, I just think it's downright ignorant to deny that certain people have advantages from things they're born as that they have no control over.

Regarding the SA farm murders, there's a plethora of data that show that the whole thing is a conspiracy theory. Start with this article: https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...land-seizures/

I really do love how you spend an entire post defending yourself from being called racist, then end it by saying that black people are disadvantaged because they have a lower IQ.

34. ISO #84

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    haven't seen this b4, can u explain
    i don't know about in america, i meant in japan itself. there are like no japanese in houston but lots of viet/korean/chinese. o.o

from what i know, it's like deep rooted - i haven't read much on it except what comes up in some of the books i've read and what i hear from my friend in japan. my friend who moved to japan to teach english 7 years ago has even picked up on the anti-korean sentiment himself (as in he's kinda racist against em OwO idk if its just to fit in or if its bc hes racist anyway u ^u)
    japan's section on the Anti-Korean sentiment wikipedia page is the biggest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-K...entiment#Japan

2 random articles:
    https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...5661555477281/ (<- need to disable adblock)

"a series of articles run by the Shukan Post earlier this month titled “Goodbye to our annoying neighbour: Why we don’t need South Korea”." - https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/polit...-korea-tourism

a published scientific article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...78029614000565
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .

35. ISO #85

LOOOOOOOOL

oops why do u bother responding to this mess he doesn't even acknowledge his faulty sources

36. ISO #86

i don't know about in america, i meant in japan itself. there are like no japanese in houston but lots of viet/korean/chinese. o.o

from what i know, it's like deep rooted - i haven't read much on it except what comes up in some of the books i've read and what i hear from my friend in japan. my friend who moved to japan to teach english 7 years ago has even picked up on the anti-korean sentiment himself (as in he's kinda racist against em OwO idk if its just to fit in or if its bc hes racist anyway u ^u)
    japan's section on the Anti-Korean sentiment wikipedia page is the biggest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-K...entiment#Japan

2 random articles:
    https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...5661555477281/ (<- need to disable adblock)

"a series of articles run by the Shukan Post earlier this month titled “Goodbye to our annoying neighbour: Why we don’t need South Korea”." - https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/polit...-korea-tourism

a published scientific article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...78029614000565
    oh yea it's prob a lot worse in japan uwu.

37. ISO #87
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    It's weird how you're strawmanning me and saying I said things which I didn't. I didn't say you're racist. I didn't say that people should "denounce their privilege" or feel guilty. I don't even know what that means, I just think it's downright ignorant to deny that certain people have advantages from things they're born as that they have no control over.

Regarding the SA farm murders, there's a plethora of data that show that the whole thing is a conspiracy theory. Start with this article: https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...land-seizures/

I really do love how you spend an entire post defending yourself from being called racist, then end it by saying that black people are disadvantaged because they have a lower IQ.
    ‘you’re some kind of racist’
    sure bruh.

38. ISO #88

LOOOOOOOOL

oops why do u bother responding to this mess he doesn't even acknowledge his faulty sources
    You know, what's funny is I actually know exactly the video he's talking about because I also saw it on Fox News. What Fox News didn't say about it is that it's fake; it was a livestreamer going around provoking and trolling people during the protests. The same guy tried to get a group of protesters to flip a truck on livestream, after which they rightfully told him to fuck off and he scurried away like a bitch.

39. ISO #89

‘you’re some kind of racist’
    sure bruh.
    "either some kind of racist or you're wilfully ignorant"

Please don't try to misquote me.

EDIT: though that was before you said the reason that black people are disadvantaged in society is because they're less intelligent than white people.
    Last edited by oops_ur_dead; June 7th, 2020 at 12:45 PM.

40. ISO #90
    Ganelon

They are, it’s a fact. IQ has a .3 correlation with income...
    It is LITERALLY A fact that races differ by IQ. And a fact that IQ is significant in terms of how much money you earn as an adult.

We shouldn’t get the wrong idea. There is virtually no correlation between income and virtue. Being smarter doesn’t make you more moral. I’m not the one pushing this claim, Jordan Peterson is. Go watch his videos if you don’t believe me.

41. ISO #91

It is LITERALLY A fact that races differ by IQ. And a fact that IQ is significant in terms of how much money you earn as an adult.

We shouldn’t get the wrong idea. There is virtually no correlation between income and virtue. Being smarter doesn’t make you more moral. I’m not the one pushing this claim, Jordan Peterson is. Go watch his videos if you don’t believe me.
    It's a fact that races differ by IQ. It's not a fact (and quite racist to pretend that it is) that certain races are genetically predisposed to be more intelligent than others.

42. ISO #92
    Ganelon

LOOOOOOOOL

naz honestly I’m drunk rn so I don’t really care. I like you so I don’t like it when I see you on the same side of the fence as oops. I don’t know what to else say bc honestly I’m drunk 😆

43. ISO #93

Ganelon you gotta switch the ordering of these two ideas. I quite like Jordan Peterson (and his video on IQ), but if you don't switch the second paragraph and the first paragraph, people are going to think you're racist.

44. ISO #94
    Ganelon

Ganelon you gotta switch the ordering of these two ideas. I quite like Jordan Peterson (and his video on IQ), but if you don't switch the second paragraph and the first paragraph, people are going to think you're racist.
    You’re righy. I’ll switch them up. Honestly I’m at a birthday and quite drunk

45. ISO #95
    Ganelon

I think what Naz is saying might be true of native Asians, not of Asian Americans. Don’t confuse the two groups

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100

This is anecdotal and not evidence. Since you like pointing out logical fallacies so much. Look at the data instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho