Uploading Mafia to EU? --Auwt
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Uploading Mafia to EU? --Auwt

Heyo,
    I was just wondering if it would be possible to upload Mafia 2.0 in the EU serveur when it gets released (and completely finished, with bug removing and whatsoever) in the NA one.
    The EU community has been growing for several years, and i feel like having a EU staff should also work
    I know that we arent in touch anymore with the original Mafia EU dev (i assume Mille). But what about a re-upload of the 1.0 for instance?
    I supposed since it hasnt been done there might be some cons or issues

But apart from that, i really wanted to ask if there is any plan ongoing for the EU server.
    Would be cool if something could be done.
    I'm very sorry if such thread has already been posted...

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Uploading Mafia to EU? --Auwt

Please do not get us wrong.
    Maybe the Mafia community didn't grow in past years (on EU), but recently (probably due to Coronovirus outbreak) a lot of people came back to playing Mafia on EU server. It is played all the time between 17:00-24:00 CEST and on weekends we have a few lobbies running at the same time. It isn't as active as on America, but we are happy to be able to play Mafia on EU once again.

Our aim is not to split the community, we are not willing to "steal" anyone from NA server. But there are cons of transfering people already playing on EU to NA:
    I have observed (my observations may be wrong, I didn't play for long on NA after all) that games on EU tends to be less toxic.
    Playing on EU is better for EU players with weak connection.

Personally I believe it would be nice to play Mafia 2.0 on EU server after it is ready.
    Thanks for hearing me out.

Dallarian

4. ISO #4

I would not talk about "splitting".
    Many different games are using seperate servers for quite a lot of reasons.
    No needs to split anything since there is already a large amount of players willing to play on EU.
    But i really believe something could be done in that way.

Moreover as Dallarian said, playing on NA is kinda different.
    We aren't using the same play style as i was seeing when i played there (around 50 games or so).

Considering toxicity, I've been playing Mafia for several years and EU doesnt look the same as NA in terms of spam, plays and whatsoever.
    Thats why, I would say EU and NA are just different community and I would really love to have any support coming back to EU.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    We aren't using the same play style as i was seeing when i played there (around 50 games or so).

Considering toxicity, I've been playing Mafia for several years and EU doesnt look the same as NA in terms of spam, plays and whatsoever.
    Thats why, I would say EU and NA are just different community and I would really love to have any support coming back to EU.
    Curious cuz Im not anEuropean: how are playstyles and "toxicity" different in EU?
    Last edited by Grakylan; June 5th, 2020 at 02:48 PM.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Everyone says "hi" or "hello" day 1, 90% of the players have less than 2k points and noone spams because nobody knows what to do. It's a completely different world.

Much better
    oh shit imma head over to europe
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10
    Ganelon

I personally used to play on EU back in... 2012? 2014? While NA is indeed more toxic than EU, the quality of the games is substantially higher on NA. Many people on EU just don’t understand the game. You can argue to what extent that is due to the fact that Mafia hasn’t been supported there in a long time.

In any event, sure, go ahead, but not sure if splitting the community in half essentially is a good idea. I haven’t regularly played on EU in a long time, but on NA the arcade has some high quality maps that EU doesn’t have - many Cortex Roleplay maps don’t exist on EU for instance, and that t was actually the main reason why I migrated to NA.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12
    Ganelon

I would guess I am more in favour of it than against it, but I’m worried this will split the player base in half.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    I personally used to play on EU back in... 2012? 2014? While NA is indeed more toxic than EU, the quality of the games is substantially higher on NA. Many people on EU just don’t understand the game. You can argue to what extent that is due to the fact that Mafia hasn’t been supported there in a long time.

In any event, sure, go ahead, but not sure if splitting the community in half essentially is a good idea. I haven’t regularly played on EU in a long time, but on NA the arcade has some high quality maps that EU doesn’t have - many Cortex Roleplay maps don’t exist on EU for instance, and that t was actually the main reason why I migrated to NA.
    I'm still thinking even if support come back to EU, idk how much would the europeans in NA come back to EU.
    But what I'm sure is that EU is already having a community, we do not need to bring people back.

Ofc "the quality of the games is substantially higher on NA" , this should be due to lack of very experienced player in EU.
    When I go to NA server i feel like 75% of the players are above 10K
    A such thing would never happen in EU (unless we plan a game aimed for experienced player)

Also I want to point out the cheat factor (might be better to say bank hacking in this case).
    For instance, in EU we find a hacker like once in more than 100+ games. Most of hackers still have Bank Robber / more games won than played (in both EU and NA)
    I've been playing several games in NA lately, where I found 2 to 3 different bank hackers in a same game.

It might not mean so much but still.

I believe Mafia is still a "full" community and not a splitted one, even though we bring back a EU support
    I understand some people may like NA playstyle and variety of games proposed over there, and i fully respect the ones that do.

14. ISO #14