3. ISO #503

4. ISO #504

5. ISO #505

6. ISO #506

7. ISO #507

Re: S-FM 300: Black Flag Nightless [LADDER] GAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    To your first point:
    Yes, I would like to train everybody here. There’s nothing I’d like more but for whatever reason people are super resistant to that. Is there really anything that moves the game forwards more than that though? That tells you how people claim to feel about everybody else?

To your second point:
    Statistically we will lynch a town today, sure. Yes, scum would know to ignore these pushes and yet at the same time, people are dumb and they panic and let things slip they don’t have to. I really don’t understand how anybody could possibly solve this game without trains.

What you’re pointing out is exactly correct - the scums literally don’t have to do shit to win this game if they just act normally. I think the main thing that differentiates FM from the mod is that the primary way to catch the scums is because they DONT act normally, as opposed to some night actions that reveal alignments.

Banana made a great point earlier noting that the majority of shit people call alignment indicative means nothing. It’s quite true. But, nonetheless, there have to be some tells or else you wouldn’t have people calling themselves good at scumhunting, getting championship awards etc. part of the game is that the players are flawed, and will give away shit they don’t have to
    I got a championship award back when I was good at this game. I bad a great town game and a great scum game. I miss the glory days
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

8. ISO #508

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    mmmmm literally anyone tbh

Frinckles - still don't mind lynching, i don't have meta on this person nor do i care to have it for this game, i see them as dangerous scum and haven't done much since they've been around
    SuperJack - maybe not today but open to them
    Noz_Bugz - i don't think noz is going to solve much, would lynch but not particularly keen to
    Ganelon - sure
    naz - never
    Renegade - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...don't know on this slot. very null...this player is always ? to me lol
    Varcron - remember giving them scum points earlier, so more on the would lynch side
    BananaCucho - not today
    aamirus - not today
    theoneceko - not today

so i guess it's:
    town: ME UWU!!!
    day 1 no lynch circle of: BananaCucho, aamirus, theoneceko
    null: Renegade, Noz_Bugz
    players i won't trust: Frinckles, SuperJack
    would lynch: Ganelon, Varcron
    You're sweet, I wont lynch you either

9. ISO #509

10. ISO #510

If multiple people are the same color, then I see them equally within that group.
    BananaCucho - Most solid so far. He scumhunted and defended himself in townie fashion. The only thing that concerned me so far was his quick defense of aami.
    Ganelon - You said I was scummy because of my seriousness early on. At first, this confused me and ticked me off. However, after re-reading, I now understand why you think I'm desperate scum (I'm not scum though lol). Also, we may have more in common than you think. Your defense of Frinckles could be interpreted as town desperately trying to contribute and get the game moving.
    varc - He didn't scumread aami, y'all. He just wanted to see what reactions an aami train would cause. In fact, aami and varc are playing quite similarly!
    aami - I've reconsidered my argument against her, and I think it was pretty weak. Aami's trains drove discussion, which town needed early on. However, you didn't provide reads on anyone except me, so you're still a bit mysterious. If you could give us your reads so far, that'd be great.
    Oh btw, I want a strong towncore this game. Can you see your tunnels on each other as TvT? cuz that's what I see it as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯UwU
    naz - The logic behind her reads seems sincere, but she's lacking original input. It's possible that she's sheeping BC and aami.
    SJ - He started out strong, but hasn't posted much recently.
    nozbug - Noz contributed even less today, even though she promised to do the opposite. She posted twice today and twelve times the night before.
    Here are my MAIN reasons why I think frinckles and rene are scum:
    - Their very first votes were on aami.
    - Neither of them explained their votes. They just hopped on the aami train after I posted a wall on her. Maybe they thought that with my help, they could get aami lynched.
    More on them below...
    frinckles - The way he explained his read list is interesting. When he claimed scum were hiding in his null reads, part of me wanted to believe him. However, he can use that trust to mindfuck me. For example, I can see beenckle making me see his null reads from HIS POV instead of mine. However, besides his vague null reads, frinckles's list is solid.
    rene - He launched attacks at several players, and not much else. I think that instead of driving discussion, his posts are sowing distrust in town. Calling his attacks as "scumhunting" is generous. For example, in his longest post, he tried to scum-paint aami for townie behavior. It sucks if that's the best you can do as town.

11. ISO #511

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    rene - He launched attacks at several players, and not much else. I think that instead of driving discussion, his posts are sowing distrust in town. Calling his attacks as "scumhunting" is generous. For example, in his longest post, he tried to scum-paint aami for townie behavior. It sucks if that's the best you can do as town.
    That's unreadable. Read this instead:

12. ISO #512

13. ISO #513

14. ISO #514

15. ISO #515
    Ganelon

-vote Renegade

Let’s see where this goes

16. ISO #516

dou mean the last time he checked in??uMu
    Yes UWU
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

17. ISO #517

That's unreadable. Read this instead:

If I'm scum for sharing thoughts on other players' odd behavior (Varcron, You, Banana, Aami) then I don't really see the point in playing any more forum mafia games. How exactly are my posts sowing distrust in town? If anything, the rapid pivots from you and Varcron on Aami and general skittishness I find much more scummy than towny.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced by your long posts and much more active behavior, treko, knowing how you must feel desperate to change your play style if in fact you did roll scum and digging in deep to play the long game.

Alas, the town can afford my mislynch, but not the best start to the game IMO.

18. ISO #518

@ceko how am I sheeping nana or ami? I'm not voting with them, I just genuinely see them having the same POV organically (unless like I said it's just scum theater but I won't deal with that today)

honestly I feel like mafia hasn't used their chat bc no one seems to have an agenda today so far? I see the trains on aami or renegade so maybe that's it, like ganelon's random vote right now without addressing anything else or providing a better reason than "let's see where this goes"
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

19. ISO #519

20. ISO #520

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    If I'm scum for sharing thoughts on other players' odd behavior (Varcron, You, Banana, Aami) then I don't really see the point in playing any more forum mafia games. How exactly are my posts sowing distrust in town? If anything, the rapid pivots from you and Varcron on Aami and general skittishness I find much more scummy than towny.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced by your long posts and much more active behavior, treko, knowing how you must feel desperate to change your play style if in fact you did roll scum and digging in deep to play the long game.

What about my behavior is "odd"? You gave me a "backhanded compliment" such as this:
    What are you talking about? I said I was happy you weren't posting nearly as much nonsense as usual, a backhanded compliment, but a compliment none the less.
    So which is it? I'm making less nonsense posts now, so whats weird about it? Stop with the emotional "imma quit mafia now" posts, that'a my card and you don't get to use it

21. ISO #521

22. ISO #522

23. ISO #523

24. ISO #524

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Warning - new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Yeah, MY post is the reply in question, stupid ass site
    You're aware you can turn this off if you want so it is sent no matter what, right?

Saying because I didn't know and my mind was blown away.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

25. ISO #525

I believe that. Why did you get worse?
    My ego started getting in the way before my time away from the site and my play suffered as a result. Then I left for a long time over disagreement with site staff, (multiple disagreements really) and when I returned my town play just hasn't recovered.

26. ISO #526

27. ISO #527

28. ISO #528
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    You're aware you can turn this off if you want so it is sent no matter what, right?

Saying because I didn't know and my mind was blown away.
    what???? How do you do that?

29. ISO #529

30. ISO #530

31. ISO #531

32. ISO #532

33. ISO #533

34. ISO #534

HmmM. It really came down to VCA. To your credit, you actually explained why aami is scum. That was my mistake.
    No I just got better at being caught up and making arguments people actually understand.

35. ISO #535

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    @ceko how am I sheeping nana or ami? I'm not voting with them, I just genuinely see them having the same POV organically (unless like I said it's just scum theater but I won't deal with that today)

honestly I feel like mafia hasn't used their chat bc no one seems to have an agenda today so far? I see the trains on aami or renegade so maybe that's it, like ganelon's random vote right now without addressing anything else or providing a better reason than "let's see where this goes"
    Hmmm. Your attacks on Ganelon show you're not just sheeping. Again, my bad. I'll bump you up to town now.
    It's typically scummy behavior, but I've seen Gane switch votes like this as town. I can also see him doing this as scum, so his vote is NAI to me. Frinckles voted with no explanation after I posed a wall on aami. I find this more alarming, since I don't see him as someone who votes just to see where things go.

36. ISO #536

My ego started getting in the way before my time away from the site and my play suffered as a result. Then I left for a long time over disagreement with site staff, (multiple disagreements really) and when I returned my town play just hasn't recovered.
    No wAteRmelOwOann spam??UwU

37. ISO #537

In the end, aami's train is the most suspicious to me.

A vote halfway into day 1 should be explained. However, at first he dismissed its importance:

I gave you my reasoning. It is a day 1 vote, didn't know I was prosecuting the OJ case. I've seen others with much weaker cases voting already.
    Rene explained his vote on aami, but only after significant questioning by Varc & Banana. Even then, he only offered "aamirus is scum because she's making trains." His attacks on varc were weak as hell too. Varc already explained he trained aami to see where it would go, not to lynch her. This was why he was worried when aami quickly got to L-2.

To your credit, this looks like genuine town frustration:
    This is what I'm saying about the GOOFY troll votes obfuscating things for us.
    Your vote on aami still alarms me, but you could just be a bad townie.

38. ISO #538

39. ISO #539

40. ISO #540

41. ISO #541

It's best to read all my posts before replying to me... recently, I've just been posting my train of thought.
    It might look like my opinion on Ren changed a few times, but I've just been considering different things about his playstyle.

42. ISO #542

43. ISO #543

44. ISO #544

45. ISO #545

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I am alive!
    This was 20 hours ago

So I'm gonna read. Just so you guys know.

Prefacing by saying, yes I did confirm my rolecard. I believed the game started today. My bad folks.

Not really my style in either alignment to go step-by-step and quote random shit just for a hot-take so I'll keep it brief. Feel free to ask me questions about whatever you like. I've read from page 7 up to now because, well -- I'm sure it was D1 garbage.

Also, I'm flattered so much attention has gone to my slot. For scum to gravitate the entire fucking game around my meta and Tales Of Yore is really gratifying.

Anyway out of the gates:

Noz_Bugz
    theoneceko

Ganelon
    BananaCucho
    naz
    Renegade
    Varcron

SuperJack
    aamirus

The top two have been for the most part, town in tone. This is even despite Noz only having 12 posts. In a huge contrast, Ceko @72 posts has been asking the right questions so far and it hasn't felt forced.

The next five are in some realm of chaotic bullshittery where they say "lets get Frinckles! no let's not get em!" back and forth. Like, there is no way the five of you seriously thought I wouldn't be informed to re-join or at worst have my slot replaced. I'm just trying to figure out if Ganelon was trying to white knight for me or if Naz/Banana are using the momentum of my train to spin it into another town member (and then whatever the fuck Varcron is doing.) There's definitely scum in there.

The last two are goofy because they both seem to be directly pushing for muh info lynches but contributed zero elsewhere. I don't know how towntelling it is to sarcastically chant Thunderdome! and do nothing at the same time. I don't know why SuperJack needs to make snippy remarks between his standard meta analysis spiel. I have thusly placed them as Cultists.

Anyway. those are the hottakes I've gotten after reading half of this game over the past 30 minutes. Feel free to question.

What's disappointing about it?
    Yeah, but Banana knows Pringles will come back and claim his role or my replacement would. I got Citizen. Hooray!

In the same vein, I know there was no real pressure on me. I checked the vote tallies before I began catching up and rolled my eyes at what bullshit I was about to sort through. I know how scum think. CFD over to some other slot after I start towntelling. It's a surefire way to try to pocket me and force a mis-lynch at the same time.

My point is, there are 3 scum in this game. Why is a cluster of 5 from a 30 minute read disappointing to you? You're the town scumleader right? Those are the fastest worthwhile takes I could fashion so do your part while I do mine. In my opinion the scummiest person in this game is intentionally at the bottom of my reads list.

-vote Aamirus

Thats the one thing you nitpick? Its pretty apparent that the three scum players are happy to goad the conversation around me.

What the fuck lol
    Thats it. Its not so much the fact that he only has 8 posts. Its that they are completely devoid of anything. No explanation for the ami vote. No trying to put wolves in a box. Nothing. Has done the bare minimum to not get replaced out.

To be clear this isn't a scum read. Pringles hasn't given us anything though except a lazy "all da people involved with my train are null". And thats basically it. If this doesnt change day 2 and we aren't gonna get to benefit from town Pringles play, may as well cut him loose.

46. ISO #546

47. ISO #547

48. ISO #548

49. ISO #549

This was 20 hours ago

Thats it. Its not so much the fact that he only has 8 posts. Its that they are completely devoid of anything. No explanation for the ami vote. No trying to put wolves in a box. Nothing. Has done the bare minimum to not get replaced out.

To be clear this isn't a scum read. Pringles hasn't given us anything though except a lazy "all da people involved with my train are null". And thats basically it. If this doesnt change day 2 and we aren't gonna get to benefit from town Pringles play, may as well cut him loose.
    I already said that, but the extra explanation helps.

50. ISO #550