S-FM 300: Black Flag Nightless [LADDER] GAME THREAD - Page 53
Register

User Tag List

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53
Results 2,601 to 2,635 of 2635
  1. ISO #2601

Re: S-FM 300: Black Flag Nightless [LADDER] GAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    The thing is, when people argue about something there is often an idea at the core of what they’re trying to put forward, and much of that core remains unstated clearly - because it’s very difficult to fully and clearly explain your ideas in their entirety. I would honestly argue that the game of Mafia is more about trying to figure out your beliefs about the game state and articulating them, not about convincing others.

If we could all explain our reasonings scum would win much less frequently. But human beings are imperfect.

To go back to what I was saying, there’s usually lots of different ideas floating about in ones head when making the argument that inactive = scum. For instance, when I say that you, MM, are scum and use activity to prove it, i look at your scum meta and note that you are a lot more careful about your activity as scum. What I also know is what I do as scum, random wolfy pop-ins.

They cannot simply be dismissed altogether because such arguments do sometimes work.
    nou uwu
    see?exactly what iwas thinkingowo

2. ISO #2602

3. ISO #2603

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    He's a mind reader.
    nou uwu

u know,im much more comfortable expresssingmy true thoughts about a game than aboutpolitics. rememberhow hard i tunneled u and beenckle??ye, u definitely do uwu

also,ur bestperson owo. uwu owo best owo uwu bestuwu owobest
    Last edited by theoneceko; June 7th, 2020 at 11:54 PM.

4. ISO #2604

5. ISO #2605

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Sure, its not okay to do an exaggerated thing that doesnt happen.

It IS okay to push people that sign for a game to at least attempt to play it, which we are all in agreement on, so I guess we'll just leave it at that
    Our ragequits were unacceptable. And bitchy as fuck. It doesn't make it any less true that afking is a huge issue in games.

Of all 13 people playing I am 8/13 in posts. Ignoring replacements I am 7/10.
    You were 5/13 and and 5/10 respectively.
    For the entire game.

Something has to be done to reconcile people checking in once or twice a day vs. people posting all day. It just doesn't work with such enormous gaps in activity. Marsh please make that post you said you would about this topic, because we really need to discuss it as a community.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

6. ISO #2606
    Ganelon

Maybe we could have posting restrictions for ladder games?
    Both on the upper and lower ends of the spectrum.

7. ISO #2607
    Ganelon

Half baked idea tho. I suspect it won’t do much to solve these problems. One thing we could do is host games that have an extremely low max post count restriction per day (something like 50 posts/player). This will force players to make larger and more well thought-out posts.

8. ISO #2608
    Ganelon

Actually... how about having not a post count restriction, but a minimum number of words per post restriction?

9. ISO #2609

Half baked idea tho. I suspect it won’t do much to solve these problems. One thing we could do is host games that have an extremely low max post count restriction per day (something like 50 posts/player). This will force players to make larger and more well thought-out posts.
    like all the other suggestions, this encourages less activity. I genuinely feel like the people caring the most, spend the most time playing, and post the most etc etc. Is there no way to satisfy that demographic? Does everything have to be about encouraging people to barely play at all?

10. ISO #2610

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    like all the other suggestions, this encourages less activity. I genuinely feel like the people caring the most, spend the most time playing, and post the most etc etc. Is there no way to satisfy that demographic? Does everything have to be about encouraging people to barely play at all?
    I care. I just can't give at much time because I have a job where I can't sit down and doss on the internet.
    Also my wife and baby require attention.
    It's fine asking people to be active. But some people have lives. And it's unreasonable to expect everyone to be like you or play like you.

I don't understand why people assume high post count=better game/better player. It makes the game difficult and unfun to read. You complain people don't put in enough, but you forget how difficult it is to jump back into a game after a sleep or work too find you have over 500 posts to read through, analysis and post context on, on top of still having to remain active to keep up with the instant chat like content being posted every minute.

And then you wonder why people don't partake as much.

You need to lower your expectations and get better at analysis content, so then you don't need to have so much of it.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

11. ISO #2611

12. ISO #2612

Hey aamirus. I was using multiple quote replies a lot this game so using post count isn't something I think you should use to judge quality of play. If I had single replied, my post count would be higher. Marshall also did too. SJ posted every day and it was enough in his posts to show him not solving anymore which is what gave it away to me. It was your slot, which was afk for a complete day, that just confused the heck outta me and made it so hard not to angleshoot ;_;
    Last edited by naz; June 8th, 2020 at 05:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

13. ISO #2613

Something has to be done to reconcile people checking in once or twice a day vs. people posting all day. It just doesn't work with such enormous gaps in activity. Marsh please make that post you said you would about this topic, because we really need to discuss it as a community.
    I agree with you here though. The only reason why I did sign this time is bc I'm working from home and quarantined & knew I could keep up with the game. I'd like to take the discussion out of this thread, can u start the thread?🥰
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

14. ISO #2614

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    I agree with you here though. The only reason why I did sign this time is bc I'm working from home and quarantined & knew I could keep up with the game. I'd like to take the discussion out of this thread, can u start the thread?🥰
    I want to let marsh do it

15. ISO #2615

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I care. I just can't give at much time because I have a job where I can't sit down and doss on the internet.
    It's fine asking people to be active. But some people have lives. And it's unreasonable to expect everyone to be like you or play like you.

I don't understand why people assume high post count=better game/better player. It makes the game difficult and unfun to read. You complain people don't put in enough, but you forget how difficult it is to jump back into a game after a sleep or work too find you have over 500 posts to read through, analysis and post context on, on top of still having to remain active to keep up with the instant chat like content being posted every minute.

You need to lower your expectations and get better at analysis content, so then you don't need to have so much of it.
    Yet this does not excuse AFKing. If you join a game, you are taking the responsibility of taking part. If you fail to do so then you are failing all the players and the host. Wasting their time and effort which they have put in.
    So if you are paying the minimum. Don't be surprised if people get angry and upset at you.

I did this during D2 & D3. I used the games emotional state to avoid participating in hoping to get away using an emotional get out of lynch card. Town had let me get away with it.
    Although had I been pushed I would of pushed back.

I think what I'm trying to say is.
    Sometimes people can give and expect too much.
    Othertimes people can give and expect too little.

And there needs too be a middle ground and some understanding of people's situations and ability's.

There's only so much guidance a host or setup can give too this. As we should be able to accommodate different levels of play.
    So it comes down to players to adapt and try and better the games.
    Things like if you don't have enough time to give, don't do it then. Either make more time for the game, or become better at using the little time you have.

Or if you have too much time, find something else too do. Don't expect people too be able to get close to your levels.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

16. ISO #2616

Yet this does not excuse AFKing. If you join a game, you are taking the responsibility of taking part. If you fail to do so then you are failing all the players and the host. Wasting their time and effort which they have put in.
    So if you are paying the minimum. Don't be surprised if people get angry and upset at you.

I did this during D2 & D3. I used the games emotional state to avoid participating in hoping to get away using an emotional get out of lynch card. Town had let me get away with it.
    Although had I been pushed I would of pushed back.

I think what I'm trying to say is.
    Sometimes people can give and expect too much.
    Othertimes people can give and expect too little.

And there needs too be a middle ground and some understanding of people's situations and ability's.

There's only so much guidance a host or setup can give too this. As we should be able to accommodate different levels of play.
    So it comes down to players to adapt and try and better the games.
    Things like if you don't have enough time to give, don't do it then. Either make more time for the game, or become better at using the little time you have.

Or if you have too much time, find something else too do. Don't expect people too be able to get close to your levels.
    amazing post, wholly agreed

17. ISO #2617

I haven't read the whole game so I'm sorry if I'm intruding / missing something critical. A permanent post cap would be pretty extreme, but I think playing a game with an intentionally restrictive post cap placed on players known to be very active (like 20 posts per day, lifted at EOD) and a demanding minimum post count on players known to be low activity (like 40 posts per day) would be very refreshing and insightful for people trying to adjust their activity to humane amounts. The numbers may be bad but you get the idea. I'd happily sign for that.
    Last edited by yzb25; June 8th, 2020 at 09:01 AM. Reason: tried altering numbers. idk
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

18. ISO #2618

I haven't read the whole game so I'm sorry if I'm intruding / missing something critical. A permanent post cap would be pretty extreme, but I think playing a game with an intentionally restrictive post cap placed on players known to be very active (like 20 posts per day, lifted at EOD) and a demanding minimum post count on players known to be low activity (like 30 posts per day) would be very refreshing and insightful for people trying to adjust their activity to humane amounts. The numbers may be bad but you get the idea. I'd happily sign for that.
    Force all the low-activity players to try making conversation and force all the over-posters to be economic lol. It might be good for the community to experience that maybe. I've definitely felt my posting become less economic and reader-friendly over time.
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

19. ISO #2619
    Ganelon

I haven't read the whole game so I'm sorry if I'm intruding / missing something critical. A permanent post cap would be pretty extreme, but I think playing a game with an intentionally restrictive post cap placed on players known to be very active (like 20 posts per day, lifted at EOD) and a demanding minimum post count on players known to be low activity (like 40 posts per day) would be very refreshing and insightful for people trying to adjust their activity to humane amounts. The numbers may be bad but you get the idea. I'd happily sign for that.
    Couldn’t agree more. I think what needs to happen is we need to test some of our ideas in games.
    What do you think of the idea of imposing a minimum on the number of words in a post?

20. ISO #2620

Couldn’t agree more. I think what needs to happen is we need to test some of our ideas in games.
    What do you think of the idea of imposing a minimum on the number of words in a post?
    Ugh, who likes reading wall posts? Raise your hand if you like reading wall posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

21. ISO #2621

22. ISO #2622

this uwu.i just think we should PL the lurkers.as beenckle said, raisethe bar on ur townreads

23. ISO #2623

inthat insanity game, ilegit had trouble keeping up uwu. i wasn't justmaking an excuse to coast as cum owo

24. ISO #2624

25. ISO #2625

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    Hey aamirus. I was using multiple quote replies a lot this game so using post count isn't something I think you should use to judge quality of play. If I had single replied, my post count would be higher. Marshall also did too. SJ posted every day and it was enough in his posts to show him not solving anymore which is what gave it away to me. It was your slot, which was afk for a complete day, that just confused the heck outta me and made it so hard not to angleshoot ;_;
    gudpoint uvu. damn,so many things to consider in an FM game. can't even take post countsfor granted

26. ISO #2626

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    this uwu.i just think we should PL the lurkers.as beenckle said, raisethe bar on ur townreads
    Hard to PL lurkers when they are given as pass so often. "Scum would care more here" or "they are not caring, which is a town trait" is often argued
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

27. ISO #2627

28. ISO #2628

29. ISO #2629

Ugh, who likes reading wall posts? Raise your hand if you like reading wall posts
    Me. As a mobile user it makes it incredibly easy for me and more fun to address and analysis, or tear apart a wallpost.

The only ones I don't like are where they contain loads of unhidden quotes.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

30. ISO #2630

In the context of that post's idea, certainly. I think such a thing is basically necessary for the group with the post cap or the whole thing would be much less meaningful lol.

errr

31. ISO #2631

32. ISO #2632

33. ISO #2633

34. ISO #2634

One reason i dont play anymore is having to sift through hundreds of shitposts that people believe are not shitposts. I then shitpost, with the intent of shitposting, and then have to make real posts on top of the shitposts. Its a vicious circle of chasing our own tails and not very fun sorry not sorry
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

35. ISO #2635

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    One reason i dont play anymore is having to sift through hundreds of shitposts that people believe are not shitposts. I then shitpost, with the intent of shitposting, and then have to make real posts on top of the shitposts. Its a vicious circle of chasing our own tails and not very fun sorry not sorry
    owono u. uwu