Show names on banlist please
Register

User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Show names on banlist please

    Currently, this Banlist page (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/banmanager.php?page=38) only shows IDs, which you can not see anywhere besides SC2Mafia forums and the Mafia game itself. I need to know names of people on the banlist that don't have evidence of their bans on the Player Report forums so I can remove them from lobbies the moment they show up.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

  2. #2

    Re: Show names on banlist please

    Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    Currently, this Banlist page (https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/banmanager.php?page=38) only shows IDs, which you can not see anywhere besides SC2Mafia forums and the Mafia game itself. I need to know names of people on the banlist that don't have evidence of their bans on the Player Report forums so I can remove them from lobbies the moment they show up.
    People can change their names though.
    Cryptonic made this sig

  3. #3

    Re: Show names on banlist please

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    People can change their names though.
    is it possible to track their name history using the SC2 ID and show it on the banlist? Theres no way for me to see IDs on the SC2 menus, so theres no way for me to spot any randos who happen to be banned until its too late.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

  4. #4

    Re: Show names on banlist please

    Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    is it possible to track their name history using the SC2 ID and show it on the banlist? Theres no way for me to see IDs on the SC2 menus, so theres no way for me to spot any randos who happen to be banned until its too late.
    The ban list is large and contains people who have the same name. And I'm sure there will also be people playing who have the same name as someone who was banned.

    The best solution you have is to make a personal note on who is banned when you see them getting kicked out. That way you end up with an active and accurate list of the active banned player's.
    Cryptonic made this sig

  5. #5

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Re: Show names on banlist please

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    You can always search the IDs in the forums to see the thread they were banned in. Of course there’s like 10 pages of bans so good luck with that
    Its easy to cross-reference people who have been reported on the forums. And 10 pages of bans doesn't sound that bad, just skip to the last page where the most recent bans (those that haven't expired) show up.

    BUT I have seen autokicked people slip by because they don't have reports on the forums. And in addition, theres no way to see the IDs in Starcraft 2 itself UNTIL the mafia lobby has already started when its too late and the autokick triggers. That's the issue.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

  8. #8

    Re: Show names on banlist please

    Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    Its easy to cross-reference people who have been reported on the forums. And 10 pages of bans doesn't sound that bad, just skip to the last page where the most recent bans (those that haven't expired) show up.

    BUT I have seen autokicked people slip by because they don't have reports on the forums. And in addition, theres no way to see the IDs in Starcraft 2 itself UNTIL the mafia lobby has already started when its too late and the autokick triggers. That's the issue.
    What I meant by “you can look up the IDs to find the threads”. Was that if you go on the ban manager and copy the ID of each banned person and put it in the forum search bar: the thread they were banned in will come up. The thread should clearly state their username at the time of the ban.

    You can also search usernames into the forums to find report threads with that name in it.

    Also people who are autokicked because they’re not whitelisted... you’ll never find a list of them as those are just people with new sc2 accounts.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •