Gauging Interest - Banana RPG (Abandoned)
Register

User Tag List

Results 1 to 46 of 46
  1. #1

    Gauging Interest - Banana RPG (Abandoned)

    I have ideas for a choose-your-own-adventure RPG game, want to gauge interest in it as well ask for feedback

    WIP

    Idea: RPG style game with quests. Player completes a quest - gets a victory point. If the game were to end, the player with the most victory points would be the winner

    How I envision it: Players are either:

    A) assigned a quest. When they complete it they are assigned another quest (easier to implement, less flexibility)

    B) are given a choice of quests. Maybe the option to buy, discover, or even create side quests (more involved, more of a headache, but probably more fun)

    Current idea: Players either come up with a backstory or are assigned one. They are given a choice on what type of journey they wish to take and receive an appropriate quest. When they complete the quest, they are again given a choice, receive an appropriate quest. For example of starting paths -

    Do you:
    1) Wish to be known as a Hero of the people
    OR
    2) Want to be remembered as a notorious villain?

    Then a quest is given to start either journey


    Mechanics:

    - No day/night phases and no forced eliminations. Pro to this: no pressure to keep up with the game. More relaxed. Cons to this: game can stall
    - Eliminations may still occur. This allows alliances to form, factions. Cooperation, social dynamics. Exciting quests. Possibly showdowns or duels. Possible after life interactions
    - Players can do pretty much anything, with some limitations. Make actions public, for example
    -work
    Consequences are public and/or private.
    - Players have an inventory and can't take actions with items they don't have. If they want to control a fleet they must first have a fleet in their inventory.
    Last edited by BananaCucho; July 17th, 2020 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Bye bye
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  2. #2

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    /presign ^^

    Private communication between players, yes or no?
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Iím guessing this is gonna be a forum game?
    How will you handle interactions between players, combat, etc? Are you planning to add NPCs?
    Are you planning to add items? Perhaps rooms?

  5. #5
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Is it gonna be turn-based? Real time?
    i find this unbelievably interesting and would sign the fuck out of this game.

  6. #6

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Iím guessing this is gonna be a forum game?
    How will you handle interactions between players, combat, etc? Are you planning to add NPCs?
    Are you planning to add items? Perhaps rooms?
    These are all good questions that I dont have answers to yet
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  7. #7
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    You can also add an inventory system, etc
    You can write the mechanics in a programming language of some sort

  8. #8

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Is it gonna be turn-based? Real time?
    i find this unbelievably interesting and would sign the fuck out of this game.
    Real time pretty much, dont want to wait on people to take turns. If someone goes inactive for a while, game should be able to progress without them
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    I dont know that I could or would want to do something traditionally RPG with stats and combat mechanics, but rather something scenario and story driven thats basically choose your own adcenture. I'll present consequences and scenarios to things but I dont want to overcomplicate it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  11. #11

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I dont know that I could or would want to do something traditionally RPG with stats and combat mechanics, but rather something scenario and story driven thats basically choose your own adcenture. I'll present consequences and scenarios to things but I dont want to overcomplicate it lol
    Basically what was happening with "The Circle 2" but with actual objectives given to the players and no death clock to play against
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    That sounds like a good idea yep

  14. #14

  15. #15

  16. #16

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Instead of having a 24 hours death clock, what about a week long death clock (with other mechanics perhaps, and perhaps a way to stop it)? That would allow players to have time to think about what to do while keeping the benefits from having a timer gameplay-wise.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  17. #17
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Personally Iíd rather there wasnít a timer at all. Just give everyone some objectives and a backstory + possibly an inventory system.
    if you want to know what Iíd do: set some clear restrictions on what players can and canít do. For instance, you canít just become reality bender or some shit like that. Likewise, you canít drink from s bottle of water that you do not possess. Lastly, a setting of some sort would help a great deal. You could make this an Fm with RPG elements or an RPG with FM elements.

  18. #18

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Personally Iíd rather there wasnít a timer at all. Just give everyone some objectives and a backstory + possibly an inventory system.
    if you want to know what Iíd do: set some clear restrictions on what players can and canít do. For instance, you canít just become reality bender or some shit like that. Likewise, you canít drink from s bottle of water that you do not possess. Lastly, a setting of some sort would help a great deal. You could make this an Fm with RPG elements or an RPG with FM elements.
    I like this a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  19. #19

  20. #20

  21. #21

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Id play either, just hoping it's not an orc or a dwarf, but prefer to create my own backstory.
    I like the idea of everyone making a backstory for themselves, if we can agree on a setting. But I may make small modifications and if anyone doesnt want to make one I can assign one

    Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Uh super interested. And if you wanted a map or whatever, you could always just rip one off RLVG
    lol I definitely don't want to create a map
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  22. #22
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Thatís an interesting concept. I also wouldnít mind making my own backstory now that I think about it. Almost like the way stealth hosted ?krc

  23. #23

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I like the idea of everyone making a backstory for themselves, if we can agree on a setting. But I may make small modifications and if anyone doesnt want to make one I can assign one



    lol I definitely don't want to create a map
    I'd like to provide some main instructions regarding my backstory and let you fill in the rest. I just want to be able to identify myself with the character if possible.

    Is that ok?


    Thank you Anonymous Donor

  24. #24

  25. #25

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Personally I’d rather there wasn’t a timer at all. Just give everyone some objectives and a backstory + possibly an inventory system.
    if you want to know what I’d do: set some clear restrictions on what players can and can’t do. For instance, you can’t just become reality bender or some shit like that. Likewise, you can’t drink from s bottle of water that you do not possess. Lastly, a setting of some sort would help a great deal. You could make this an Fm with RPG elements or an RPG with FM elements.
    Good ideas, I support all of them. As for timer, I won't die on that hill.
    Spoiler : Quotes :
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    God is a goofy loser.

  26. #26

  27. #27

  28. #28

  29. #29

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    I will accept pre-signs and backstorys at this time. I figure if people send me their backstories, maybe I can come up with a story that kind of ties them together in some way. Or maybe not.

    I'll still need time to figure things out on how I wanna do this, so pre-signs and backstories doesn't mean this is necessarily starting soon. But it may help give me ideas!
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

  30. #30

  31. #31

  32. #32

  33. #33

  34. #34
    Ganelon
    Guest

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Is this gonna be a fantasy, sci-fi, modern day RPG? I have a perfect idea coming from a novel series I really like that covers all three of them btw

  35. #35

  36. #36

    Re: Gauging Interest - Banana RPG

    Do this so I know it people are hype over the idea when I eventually finish mine :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  37. #37

  38. #38

  39. #39

  40. #40

  41. #41

  42. #42

  43. #43

  44. #44

  45. #45

  46. #46

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •