Compiling LaTeX to BBCode?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    Ganelon

Compiling LaTeX to BBCode?

As we all know, BBCode is absolutely trash. I’ve been trying to think of a replacement for BBCode - perhaps something that compiles to BBCode - for a while now. How about writing a minimal LaTeX -> BBCode compiler? LaTeX is 10,000 times saner, and easier to read.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5
    Ganelon

Re: Compiling LaTeX to BBCode?

Absolutely, it’s just that BBCode isn’t exactly easy to use either. This is especially notable when you try to add colour formatting to text. It can break and add empty colour formatting that does nothing - which also makes it so that you cannot add/remove/replace the formatting - it’s there forever unless you go into BBCode source directly.

I was thinking more like, a very minimalistic LaTeX. More of an alternate syntax for BBCode rather than a full-fledged latex implementation.

For instance, using \begin color{FFD421} ... text ... \end instead of [COLOR=#FFD421]...text...[/COLOR]

6. ISO #6
    Ganelon

I’m guessing a simpler idea would be to have the BBCode editor insert (and ignore) newlines when you add a new tag.
    So having
    [COLOR=#FFD421]
    ... text ...
    [/COLOR]
    instead of [COLOR=#FFD421] ... text ... [/COLOR]

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9
    Ganelon

I usually use WYSIWYG.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12
    Ganelon

I know, LaTeX is a dumb idea but I do believe the current system kind of sucks.
    Im thinking that 85-90% of the time, only hosts need advanced formatting capabilities.
    Perhaps something else may be done in that regard?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.