The Circle 2 - Game Thread - Page 10
Register

User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
  1. ISO #451

Re: The Circle 2 - Game Thread

I blame stealth. Spending so many hours trying to solve a game that turned out to be all citizens kind of jaded me. After a little while I just figured that this was going to be just like the movie and keep killing people 1 by 1 until there's one person left standing. And I noticed you adapting to what we said, but i thought that was just pure flavor and would never amount to anything. Anyway if you were to run something like this again i'd try to be more cooperative, sorry.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

2. ISO #452

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I blame stealth. Spending so many hours trying to solve a game that turned out to be all citizens kind of jaded me. After a little while I just figured that this was going to be just like the movie and keep killing people 1 by 1 until there's one person left standing. And I noticed you adapting to what we said, but i thought that was just pure flavor and would never amount to anything. Anyway if you were to run something like this again i'd try to be more cooperative, sorry.
    lol nothing to apologize for
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

3. ISO #453

4. ISO #454

5. ISO #455

6. ISO #456

7. ISO #457

8. ISO #458

9. ISO #459

10. ISO #460

11. ISO #461

12. ISO #462

13. ISO #463

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    how do we know that it's actually ended? The host has lied before...
    Rofl
    Note that I could only message specific people each phase (only joey on phase 2, only aamirus on phase 3, only ganelon of phase 4).

Phase 2 message: "This is Marshmallow Marshall, Priest of the Almighty Lord, from Heaven. Gyrlander claimed to be the cause of the zap, and got more power because he claimed it, according to himself. That means he clearly has something to do with the kills, since when I died, a big red ZAP appeared in the thread. Votes seem to be actual lynches. Push Gyrlander. If he is not super satisfying in his answers... terminate him."
    @JoeyDX xD

Phase 3 message: "Hi aamirus, this is MM. Joey's post about me being the cause of the zap is bullshit, but I don't know if Joey lied or if the Host lied. Just lynch Gyrlander who admittedly is the cause of zaps who kill people, alright?"
    HoSt LiEd

Phase 4 message: "Hi magoroth, SAY THAT RON JEREMY LED YOU TO SALVATION please. I will probably be revived. Dewit"
    But @Ganelon never even opened it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

14. ISO #464

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    By seriously I mean sign up as if you're playing a normal FM. This being a "puzzle game" probably played into apathy a lot
    Indeed. That shouldn't really have to be explicited, but it seems it needs to be...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

15. ISO #465

16. ISO #466

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    The Circle - Conclusion

The simulation is terminated. Everyone died

Link to the original Circle game:

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...le+game+thread

The original game was based on the Circle netflix movie, and had the same premise as this one. I had no intention of giving the players an escape route in that game, something they quickly figured out even though I gave each of them a bio. They worked together to try to decipher the info, and then eventually it became people pushing agendas or trying to survive. The activity died down from the middle towards the end, but most players voted and I kept with it to see who would win. It ended in a 2 player draw.

For the 2nd iteration I wanted to make it more puzzle like, this is what the initial idea looked like:

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...le+game+thread

The problem here was spending time coming up with a puzzle that could be solved, but likely never would be. I didn't want to go through that effort in case the game ended up being lurked through. So I intended that 2nd time to pretend there was a puzzle when there actually wasn't, and then let it conclude like the first one. That iteration of the game never came to happen though due to low interest in sign ups and was abandoned before it began.

That brings us to the actual "The Circle 2" - my intention for this game was to let it either A) let it conclude the same way as the first game with 1 or 2 "winner"s, or B) let the players solve a puzzle of their own making. As in, there was no puzzle I came up with, but if the players invented their own escape through their creativity, I'd allow that. I treated it as an RPG - players were allowed to dictate what happened in the circle. For example, one player mentioned a giant button in the middle of the circle and Grylander said "only a master hacker can mess with the security systems" (or something to that nature), and so I made a random player "remember" that they were a master hacker. That player never brought it up or tried to hack anything. Basically I was willing to let the players solve the game however they wished, as long as it wasnt a lazy idea like "vote banana" or "dont vote".

I let the evolving story be driven by the players. Secondpassing worked and was awarded $25. He then used that money to buy a small ship. Galeon mentioned e "blood Messiah", and then learned he desired to be the BM. He drank blood and was informed a sacrifice would be necessary to complete the ritual and become the BM. He could have come up with a sacrificial scenario of himself or someone else and I'd reward him by doing the rolecard thing (I had a thought to make everyone a different colored neutral evil lol) but it didn't really happen.
    Marshmallow Marshall was ready to be revived for days now in an anon account with a nefarious goal, had one other person said the Ron Jeremy thing thanks to Rumox, but no one else did it.

So yeah there wasn't 1 way to escape, but many rather, the initial info I gave everyone was basically just to try to push discussion but even though some players figured out they could more or less dictate the story it fizzled out and I tried pushing some things like "hey MM is twitching, resurrect him" or "a voice is calling to you, do you wanna listen?" and I'd remove some words from MM's actual messages to make it somewhat mysterious.

I knew this game was in trouble when phase 1 only 6 people voted, showing a lack of engagement from players with the main survival concept (people pushed "vote banana" all game and I got 2 votes total the entire time), MM was tied and secondpassing broke the tie. Phase 2 only 4 people voted, Gry actually had 2 votes and Carrot Cake was voted by Treecko (his ONLY VOTE in 3 phases), who funnily enough had 5 votes phase 1, 4 votes phase 2, etc. I wasn't going to actually honor his extra votes, I didnt think it would matter until I saw hardly anyone was voting. So I called an audible and killed Carrot Cake cause Gry was actually playing the game, using his powers while Jack was nonexistent

Phase 3 only 3 people votes, two for me, one for Treecko.

Renegade got a confetti power and never used it, MM removed it with his Priest power (and also removed his zap from gry's zapping power). He then summoned Goofy to his side and did nothing with that so I took goofy away. Poison Chan had the power to send anonymous messages and didnt use that. I think theres other unused stuff too but this is off the top of my head

So yeah, anyways thanks again for playing, I really enjoyed watching certain people experiment and try to figure stuff out
    Bruh i didn't even know two phases passed b4 my vote LOL.

uVu

17. ISO #467

18. ISO #468

19. ISO #469

I was sure Banana was just trolling us with this setup.. I didn't think there was anything to actually solve UwU.

I just wanted to lynch everyone as the myayor with 5 vOwOtes UwU.

Guess you could say I'm in same boat as aamirus xD.uMu

Also rip BOISON,cross-obolllination doens't rly work UvU